Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

If we can get a second confirmation from Atlus that this isn't a reprint, then they just found a case of these cames somewhere.

Also, someone put in a bid for all 24 sealed Rhapsody's. If you want to get in on the action, better buy it at $80 or else they could all be gone.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Too late, he accepted the offer for all 24 on EBay at $50 each[/QUOTE]

good that will prevent ebay prices from crashing

[quote name='Ecofreak']Wholly crap, that's amazing. Alright - who on the boards is the hoarder?![/QUOTE]

its probably someone who is not on this board, think of it this way, if u stumbled into a kmart that had 12 final fantasy viis non-gh but still at 39.99 each, would u buy them? yes of course since u think u can sell them for $200 each.

Maybe he has a deal set up with distribution centers where he gets any odds and ends that are found and they found a couple hundred copies of this.

You are probably looking at his new listing, do a search for the completed listings to see the one where someone bought all 24

[quote name='tayaf69']I dont see that. I see that he still has every game. Howd you see he sold them?[/QUOTE]

he relisted another 24

Huh?

Why don't you want ebay prices to fall?

I never got to play this game because when I eventually considered buying it, it was gone (OOP) and ebay was too expensive.

Am I the only one who is buying this game to play?

Why not let someone else have the opportunity to purchase it (at a somewhat more reasonable $50 from the seller) that will actually enjoy playing it.

can someone else call atlus and ask (949) 788-0353. ask if any games were reprinted, the guy told me no but a second opinion would help. also, like someone said, 200 copies is a drop in the bucket, but if this 200 leads to another 200 and so on and so forth

Oh, don't get me wrong - I think this is fantastic news. eBay prices are really quite extreme. I'm going to play Persona 2 once I get through my backlog. The Rhapsody is to hold onto for collector's reasons.

[quote name='slidecage']can someone post the Ebay link i cant find it[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble with the link but it's item # 8211073204 (do a search with that number to get it)

His new listing has been up for a little over 10 minutes and he already has an offer for 4 copies

what sucks in a way How many of us are just buying this to hold as a collectors item. I mean it would suck if the dude just sealed 200 boxes with no games inside. By the time collectors open the boxes in years the dude will be long gone.

[quote name='slidecage']what sucks in a way How many of us are just buying this to hold as a collectors item. I mean it would suck if the dude just sealed 200 boxes with no games inside. By the time collectors open the boxes in years the dude will be long gone.[/QUOTE]

I'm opening mine to play. What's the point otherwise?

[quote name='slidecage']what sucks in a way How many of us are just buying this to hold as a collectors item. I mean it would suck if the dude just sealed 200 boxes with no games inside. By the time collectors open the boxes in years the dude will be long gone.[/QUOTE]

lol thats obviously not the case, this is a reputable company

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm having trouble with the link but it's item # 8211073204 (do a search with that number to get it)

His new listing has been up for a little over 10 minutes and he already has an offer for 4 copies[/QUOTE]

thanks found it

I'd be more worried about buyers claiming there was no game disc inside, how would you know when you sell a factory sealed game if they were scamming you or not? Then if you refuse a refund, they could just file a Paypal chargeback.

[quote name='Sulmona']lol thats obviously not the case, this is a reputable company[/QUOTE]

really? i never ordered from them before.. good to hear... i was fearful of my Panzer dragoon saga and opened it just to make sure it was in there. it was a very stupid thing to do .

[quote name='b3b0p']I'm opening mine to play. What's the point otherwise?[/QUOTE]

You're sounding a lot like Woody from "Toy Story." ;) But your point is valid.

Personally, I like collecting things as a hobby. Like why some people like collecting sports cards even though they have practically 0 entertainment value. Unless they're a hologram, of course. :)

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']Is it just me, or does something not feel right about this....[/QUOTE]

i got 1 of each using a credit card, was thinking about getting one using paypal but dont know if i should

I just seems too good, all of a sudden 100+ copies of rhapsody, sealed, for 50 bucks get into the market, when he knows that he can trickel them for 130 easy.... just feels werid

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']Is it just me, or does something not feel right about this....[/QUOTE]

If GameExpress.com suddenly gets a shipment of these games, then we know something is very wrong.

very tempeted to buy one though ebay i mean they could say they sold them all though ebay and cancell everyones online orders... the webpage said they had 87 of them in stock??

[quote name='Dkellar']I want to get Rhapsody but my checking account is too low >__< I wonder how if I could send them a money order.[/QUOTE]

On EBay they will take a money order, just do the submit best offer and offer the same $50 it is on the website

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']I just seems too good, all of a sudden 100+ copies of rhapsody, sealed, for 50 bucks get into the market, when he knows that he can trickel them for 130 easy.... just feels werid[/QUOTE]

And the same thing holds true for the RE2 when they started to flood the market but he sold them for $50 then, I believe.

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']I just seems too good, all of a sudden 100+ copies of rhapsody, sealed, for 50 bucks get into the market, when he knows that he can trickel them for 130 easy.... just feels werid[/QUOTE]

well if you get one just redump it fast : ) ... it does seem funny that is why i did credit card. very easy to do a chargeback. Neither of these games will be reprinted. It even said in the Phatom brave guide that Rhapsody will not be reprinted.

i just hope these are not japan bootleg junk ... or imports

I'm very weary as well. Things this good just don't happen...but I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope. I'm at least confident that I can get a refund on my credit card if need be.

Well, Defender's site found some sealed Tales of Destiny II (I guess in some warehouse somewhere) just before he moved. He didn't have 100 of them but he sold them for only $69.99 and I snagged one. He probably could have gotten more.

The fact that he has so many worries me. I just don't understand. There has to be a catch. Regardless, ebay prices will plummet.

i offered 33 bucks just to see what they say : )

if anyone wants Persona 2 i got one im selling for what i paid 50 bucks + shipping

[quote name='mtxbass1']Marking this topic for later when I see if people actually get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

By that time it will probably be sold out

[quote name='Ecofreak']You're sounding a lot like Woody from "Toy Story." ;) But your point is valid.

Personally, I like collecting things as a hobby. Like why some people like collecting sports cards even though they have practically 0 entertainment value. Unless they're a hologram, of course. :)[/QUOTE]

Don't remember Toy Story that well.

That's cool.

However, you'll just have to lust after me as I will be enjoying my newly obtained Rhapsody for less then $100.

Paying $60 for a game is not that bad to me. I have paid $70, $80, and $90 for new games in the past (SNES and N64). Opened them, enjoyed them and still have some of them. Still play them too.

I just don't see the value of a plastic wrapping. I carefully open my games now knowing that if the game sucks, I can resell it on ebay for more then I could otherwise though (suckers!).

bread's done
Back