Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

Immedately pointed this out to BF's bro, who ordered a copy of Rhapsody. Worst case senario, he calls foul and gets his money back from the bank. Why not try?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']On EBay they will take a money order, just do the submit best offer and offer the same $50 it is on the website[/QUOTE]

For those looking for another method besides Paypal/Credit Card, you can mail them a money order. I just got an e-mail about about this:

"Thank you for your email inquiry about prepaid order (United States Orders
Only). Please place your order using our secure website with the payment
option of "Paypal" without any credit card informaiton and at a checkout
message enter "that you will be sending the payment in the amount of the
transaction via postal service." We will process your order within 24-48
hours of payment receiving when paid by cashier check or money order payable
to Crescent Marketing, Inc.

Please send it the following address with all the information:

Crescent Marketing, Inc.
c/o GQD Order # (provided once the order is completed & via automated email)
8322 Artesia Blvd Unit B
Buena Park CA 90621

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Kevin
www.gamequestdirect.com
Buena Park CA 90621
714-443-3280x204"

well since no one else wanted to, I called atlus again, and asked about reprints. They told me that ps2 titles like disgaea were made available to retailers again, but NO ps1 titles were (I used rhapsody as an example). So i have really no idea whats going on here.

They must have found a crate or two of these, then. Will the shipment be as large as the Resident Evil 2 fiasco, well, only time will tell. :)

Thanks for the research, Sulmona. :)

Probably found some boxes in a warehouse somewhere happens all the time, I personally know it has with Shining Force CD (about 300-400 copies), xenogears, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue (around 500 copies about 3 years ago), Rhapsody (on a small scale, were sold through the us playstation site back when they still sold direct at $30 each, also before there was much demand for them), Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn, etc. etc.

[quote name='b3b0p']What is BoF?[/QUOTE]
Breath of Fire is an RPG. Darn good one too, but $70 is way too much for it.

Just order a copy of Rhapsody. Hopefully, it will come. More importantly, I hope this is not a massive reprint where the price will be even lower than $49.

Is Persona 2 any good? I have never play any of the Persona games. Is it a direct sequel to Persona (do I need to play 1 first?) or is it more like the Final Fantasy where every game is a story by itself (with the exception of FFX-2).

Thanks in advance

[quote name='wbc1228']Just order a copy of Rhapsody. Hopefully, it will come. More importantly, I hope this is not a massive reprint where the price will be even lower than $49.

Is Persona 2 any good? I have never play any of the Persona games. Is it a direct sequel to Persona (do I need to play 1 first?) or is it more like the Final Fantasy where every game is a story by itself (with the exception of FFX-2).

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

i agree, this is very sketchy. Especially since, if more werent on the way, gamequest could easily sell them over time for $100 each. The fact that they are selling them for only $50 could mean they are trying to unload them quickly for maximum profit before more arrive to other retailers at a lower price.

I ordered one of each... guess I'll have to hold off getting a DS for a while.:)

I've read though this thread and am worried. I'm going to open these as soon as I get them and if there is anything wrong with either game, I'm going to be pissed.

But I don't even know why I bothered paying $108 for both games... I mean, with this new onslaught of copies of Rhapsody and Persona 2, the prices of used copies will fall dramtically. These two games aren't as widely wanted but rather, the small demand outruns the even smaller supply. Even if as little as 50 copies of each is brought to the market, the prices will plummet!

BTW, I doubt this is a reprint... most likely, they found a crate of the games somwhere. But it's fishy that they're selling them for $50 (or $80 on eBay). I think they know this'll bring the prices of the game crashing down and therefore, are selling these in bulk to people (like the guy who purcahsed a whole lot of them). I hope that's not the case.. if it is, I'll feel very stupid paying $54 per game (shipped).:bomb:

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered one of each... guess I'll have to hold off getting a DS for a while.:)

I've read though this thread and am worried. I'm going to open these as soon as I get them and if there is anything wrong with either game, I'm going to be pissed.

But I don't even know why I bothered paying $108 for both games... I mean, with this new onslaught of copies of Rhapsody and Persona 2, the prices of used copies will fall dramtically as these games aren't as highly sought after but rather, they're in very short supply.

BTW, I doubt this is a reprint... most likely, they found a crate of the games somwhere. But it's fishy that they're selling them for $50 (or $80 on eBay). I think they know this'll bring the prices of the game crashing down and therefore, are selling these in bulk to people (like the guy who purcahsed a whole lot of them). I hope that's not the case.. if it is, I'll feel very stupid paying $54 per game (shipped).:bomb:[/QUOTE]

well assuming there are only about 200 copies, that will not cut the price of used ones to below $50 since u would think at least 100 of those would end up in personal collections. And 100 copies of a game wont completely destroy the market value, the reason the resident evil plummet happened is because there were thousands of copies available (and still available). If by the end of tonight there are not any more copies available prices should stay relatively stable (but expect a $20 decrease at least in values of both new and used). However, if more appear tomorrow, expect a drastic drop on ebay.

Anyone else's order confirmation e-mail look really weird, with broken tags and the like? I'm sure the store's legit, but, you know, professionalism.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Good luck with this to those that ordered. Couldn't stomach the $9.96 shipping rate.[/QUOTE]

Order from the site and use cagfreeship and shipping is free.

Oh man! And to think I offered a guy here Vanguard Bandits/Vandal Hearts 2 PLUS $60 bucks for their opened Rhapsody but a couple of days ago! If this pulls through OP, I will personally buy you a freaking whore for a whole night! YOU FREAKIN RULE SPANKMENOW420!

I ordered one of each, couldn't resist. I have a friend who works at Atlus and he has no idea how someone found all these copies. Atlus doesn't usually do reprints, and their print run is always small. Disgaea was the one exception, because there was such a high demand.

I've played both games and I like them. Rhapsody is really weird and quirky Japanese, and the gameplay is closest to Lunar. It's very song-centric. It's the first game by Nippon Ichi Software (of Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom fame), but it's not a strat/RPG.

Persona series is darker, as an offshoot of Shin Megami Tensei (remember Nocturne for PS2 last year?) It's about teens in an apocalyptic present-time universe. You can negotiate with enemies and get powers from them.

[quote name='Sulmona']well assuming there are only about 200 copies, that will not cut the price of used ones to below $50 since u would think at least 100 of those would end up in personal collections. And 100 copies of a game wont completely destroy the market value, the reason the resident evil plummet happened is because there were thousands of copies available (and still available). If by the end of tonight there are not any more copies available prices should stay relatively stable (but expect a $20 decrease at least in values of both new and used). However, if more appear tomorrow, expect a drastic drop on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope that's the case... but at the rate that this place is selling them, you'd think there's more than 200 copies of each game. I just find it strange that they're selling them only for $50. You'd think they'd sell them for at least $80 at the site and $100+ on eBay.

[quote name='Lexicon']Order from the site and use cagfreeship and shipping is free.[/QUOTE]

Arg!!! Why didn't anyone mention this before! Could've saved $9 in shipping costs!:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='bdw418']Anyone else's order confirmation e-mail look really weird, with broken tags and the like? I'm sure the store's legit, but, you know, professionalism.[/QUOTE]

That's because they sent an email in html format and your email service doesn't support it. I saw the same thing- I use Yahoo!.

They still have 54 copies of Rhapsody and 74 copies of Persona 2!:whistle2:? I have to worry now... hopefully, these people aren't pulling a fast one. Now I'm assured... prices will fall as there are others already listing sealed copies of this game.

[quote name='Lexicon']Order from the site and use cagfreeship and shipping is free.[/QUOTE]

WTF!?!?!

Why was this not mentioned before?!?!

Someone in this thread owes me $9.96!

OP!

WTF!?!?!

OP!

Um, it was in the original post. And if this is legit, I owe the OP an apology and a cookie. :) It's just that usually these deals are from some long defunct website that have nothing in stock.

[quote name='Vinny']I sure hope that's the case... but at the rate that this place is selling them, you'd think there's more than 200 copies of each game. I just find it strange that they're selling them only for $50. You'd think they'd sell them for at least $80 at the site and $100+ on eBay.

Arg!!! Why didn't anyone mention this before! Could've saved $9 in shipping costs!:bomb::bomb::bomb:

That's because they sent an email in html format and your email service doesn't support it. I saw the same thing- I use Yahoo!.

They still have 54 copies of Rhapsody and 74 copies of Persona 2!:whistle2:? I have to worry now... hopefully, these people aren't pulling a fast one. Now I'm assured... prices will fall as there are others already listing sealed copies of this game.[/QUOTE]

well they started with about 110 rhapsodies i think, so assuming that this is the only website that knows about it, i am not surprised they still have 50 left. Since this is called cheapassgamer i dont think there are many people here that could afford to buy 10+ copies for the purpose of reselling. Hopefully no one posts this to digitpress since all the copies would vanish immediately.

[quote name='b3b0p']WTF!?!?!

OP![/QUOTE]
It's been in the first post. ;)

[quote name='b3b0p']WTF!?!?!

OP![/QUOTE]

Dude its in the 1st post, sucks to be you man! LOL

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered one of each... guess I'll have to hold off getting a DS for a while.:)

But I don't even know why I bothered paying $108 for both games... I mean, with this new onslaught of copies of Rhapsody and Persona 2, the prices of used copies will fall dramtically. These two games aren't as widely wanted but rather, the small demand outruns the even smaller supply. Even if as little as 50 copies of each is brought to the market, the prices will plummet!

BTW, I doubt this is a reprint... most likely, they found a crate of the games somwhere. But it's fishy that they're selling them for $50 (or $80 on eBay). I think they know this'll bring the prices of the game crashing down and therefore, are selling these in bulk to people (like the guy who purcahsed a whole lot of them). I hope that's not the case.. if it is, I'll feel very stupid paying $54 per game (shipped).:bomb:[/QUOTE]

not really if the dude was offered these games for say 25-30 each im sure they would be more then happy to sell them for 50 each and double their investment in 1 day then to hold stock and make more money.

not really if the dude was offered these games for say 25-30 each im sure they would be more then happy to sell them for 50 each and double their investment in 1 day then to hold stock and make more money.

Oh my God it's doomsday because I actually agree with a slidecage post. I think the guy is more than happy to double or triple his money in one day rather than stringing out selling them over the next six months.

[quote name='b3b0p']Well, I am not the only one who missed it.

Thanks, to the entire world population, for letting me know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really... I think once is enough guys. I guess we both got mixed into the hype.:lol:

[quote name='slidecage']not really if the dude was offered these games for say 25-30 each im sure they would be more then happy to sell them for 50 each and double their investment in 1 day then to hold stock and make more money.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense... But he could've 3x or 4x his profits. It is a business, and their job is to make money. And they could've made a ton by selling for more.:whistle2:k

I picked up Persona 2 today finally :) I was debating about Rhapsody but decided that the game was just a little too fruity for me (as I passed on it when it first came out as well)

I sold both Persona & Persona 2 to make ends meet a few years ago and it feels good to get them back in hand (now Valkyre Profile is next hopefully :D)

I was already broke...now I'm broker. Thanks OP! These will disappear the second somebody from FW sees this!

[quote name='vietgurl']omg, i am so broke now[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Sorry, couldn't help it... I hate it when that happens. The deal of the century comes and you miss it because you're broke. It's happened to me countless times but I finally got my break... and to think, I was going to bid $80 for a used Rhapsody and $75 for a user Persona 2 last night.:p

Don't worry, there'll be others.:)

[quote name='Jeoff']I was already broke...now I'm broker. Thanks OP! These will disappear the second somebody from FW sees this![/QUOTE]
I dont think most people on FW know the value of those games.

Just ordered a copy of Rhapsody. My wallet hurts even more now. I hope nothing else comes up till Friday when I get paid x__x.

Is it super rare that I have Persona 2, Persona 2 Innocent Sin (JPN), and Persona? I bought P2:IS (JPN) for $20 a long time ago. :D

[quote name='slidecage']i offered 33 each on the best offer ebay thing and was turned down.[/QUOTE]

Did you offered him a $1 each?

lol

[quote name='Sulmona']well someone posted it at digitpress, expect them to be all gone within a couple hrs.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I saw your post on the forums. Good one.

I would love to sell my opened copies of these games on eBay and buy new ones, but this is too much like the RE2 situation. Other websites might get these games and have them cheaper, which is what happened w/ RE2.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']Haha, I saw your post on the forums. Good one.[/QUOTE]

? i didnt post it dumbfuck, my name there is the same one as here so u fucking find a post from me spilling the beans that rhapsody is available u come find me.

edit: i did post one for sale there (well over an hour ago) since i was hoping to find a buyer (my wishful thinking was $150) before it inevitably leaked over there by some moron here

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, the guy who posted it is 'norkusa' who is also a member here I believe.

But I believe they were talking about this thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68009&highlight=rhapsody

Tryin' to make a quick buck?[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, why the hell not, pays for the one im gonna keep and a little something extra. I had several inquiries before someone posted about it being $50 online.

and i dont see how my post to sell one would warrant a "good one", since i would have gotten $150 for it had someone not posted gamequestdirect (and its not as though selling 1 is hoarding).

bread's done
Back