Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='PDorr3']I am just worried as I bought 3 rhapsody, 2 for the purpose of resliing to make back the money I spent on the games and one for keeps. I hope prices on ebay dont plummet to the point where selaed copies are going for like $40 or less[/QUOTE]

just hope they're not greatest hits copies :lol:

I think the price will definitely go down. Rhapsody just isn't a good A+ quality game.
Most people who buy it are strictly collectors.

Gitaroo Man, Disgaea, Rez on the other hand....

[quote name='Vinny']And you believe him? I'm sure he's just watching his own ass to make some money. I mean, if he said "I got them from GQD.com for $50" or "I got them from this seller for $80" I doubt he'd get the $120 he was asking for.[/QUOTE]

yeah, and notice he doesnt have any pictures of the games, meaning he more than likely does not have it in hand. although for reprint purposes it is sort of disconcerting that they got 50 more, this is starting to look alot similar to the resident evil situation, but these would be two very strange selections for reprints.

and to whoever mentioned worried about sealed copies selling for less than $40, it wont happen (unless another source emerges with price less than $50). And to whoever said this game does not have demand like gitaroo man, etc. There are much rarer games like Foxhunt, which despite being very rare (one of the rarest ps1 titles, much rarer than valk profile or rhapsody) does not go for more than $20. I predict sealed rhapsodies going for $75 in the shortterm, and back to >$100 by xmas.

edit: and even if another site appears, just return it (if u bought more than 1) even though there is a restocking fee.

[quote name='Vinny']They will not reprint a PS1... think about it, who would carry a brand new PS1 and give it shelf space? If it was GH, then maybe... but none of these games sold enough copies to be classified GH.

What the fuck? They keep restocking more copies of this game... weird. Maybe they found more than just a few hundred copies of this game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they won't be supplying places like Wal-Mart with these games. But think about it-- they have a larger following now than they did when these games came out. There's no way they got rid of every copy and it's likely that they have some stored in a warehouse somewhere. Now that they have an even stronger fanbase, it's the perfect time to get rid of some high-demand leftover stock.

so it might not be a reprint, but it's looking like an unloading to me. where are they pulling 100+ copies from? ;-)

A big pre-emptive, sale-pending, shipping pending thank you goes out to the OP!

Do they charge your CC when you place order or when it ships?

[quote name='Apossum']Yes, they won't be supplying places like Wal-Mart with these games. But think about it-- they have a larger following now than they did when these games came out. There's no way they got rid of every copy and it's likely that they have some stored in a warehouse somewhere. Now that they have an even stronger fanbase, it's the perfect time to get rid of some high-demand leftover stock.

so it might not be a reprint, but it's looking like an unloading to me. where are they pulling 100+ copies from? ;-)[/QUOTE]

I hope that's not true...

I don't care about the value of the game as much as I care for having to pay more than I have to. I mean, if the price of a used copy falls down to $20... sh*t, I'd rather take that then a sealed copy for $50 anyday. Not like I don't plan on playing this...

I am so glad I got a used copies of these games from EB, because I would hate to have to struggle with making this purchase decision. Yeesh.

here is another possibility, maybe another publisher pick up the rights to those games? Sort of like Majesco rereleasing some of Konami' games or Sunsoft rereleasing the game boy Final Fantasy. Remeber Konamix got a GH rerelease so there is some demand for PSOne games.

[quote name='62t']here is another possibility, maybe another publisher pick up the rights to those games? Sort of like Majesco rereleasing some of Konami' games or Sunsoft rereleasing the game boy Final Fantasy. Remeber Konamix got a GH rerelease so there is some demand for PSOne games.[/QUOTE]

well konamix is a much different breed. rhapsody appeals to a niche audience. ddr is a mass-appeal product.

Bah, I ordered Rhapsody. I'd sold my $20 copy from Walmart for $120 last year, and that was used, so I figured this deal is too good to pass up. Even though the game isn't all that great...

Ordered Persona 2. Hope it goes through.

lollin at the $8 shipping

Also, I like how I learned you can pay through paypal AFTER I put in credit card info...

[quote name='mdm']Ordered Persona 2. Hope it goes through.

lollin at the $8 shipping

Also, I like how I learned you can pay through paypal AFTER I put in credit card info...[/QUOTE]

You could of received free shipping if you would of read all of the first post.

I last tuned out of this thread earlier today when people said it wasn't showing in stock.
[quote name='secretvampire']Um, it was in the original post. And if this is legit, I owe the OP an apology and a cookie. :) It's just that usually these deals are from some long defunct website that have nothing in stock.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you, man. This happens all the time. I tried to order a La Pucelle Tactics guide from ecampus.com (supposedly instock), and as expected, I got a cancellation email. The guide has vanished from websites and stores...I nabbed one quick on ebay before the price goes crazy on it (people already asking for big $ on Amazon/Half).

I passed on Rhapsody. I don't buy games for collecting/value, I buy them cause I will play them, dammit. I read through the reviews on Rhapsody really quick...

#1) Average review is 69%
#2) Criticized for being short
#3) Criticized for being too easy

Not a good combo IMO. A game can be easy but still excellent (FFX difficulty was pathetic), but not both. I've got enough quality RPGs to play as it is.

I did, however, pick up Persona 2. Thanks OP!

-------------------------------------------------------------
PS -

Another ebay seller also selling these - videogameworld1...

I've been watching his Breath of Fire IV auctions for a few days. His feedback totally screams "I am ripping you off". It meets the criteria of most ebay scammers - mostly purchases, recently opened account, a horde of items posted in one fell swoop. Suddenly he also has a bunch of copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody for sale.

I was actually going to post a thread in the auction forum asking about him, whether you guys thought it was worth chancing or not. I was waiting to see the feedback from some other buyers show up before going for it. Paypal safety net and all, I still am wary - I'd almost rather buy from someone else with more feedback for an extra $10.

[quote name='c']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48965 - look at the second post.

Appears as though the OP is the guy behind the website.

That, combined with all the Cheap Ass Newbies coming out of their shells for this one, PLUS the seemingly never-ending supply, makes me super ultra omega skeptical.[/QUOTE]

Good catch, c. I think that this guy needs permission from CheapyD to self-promote, doesn't he?

P.S. I looked and a lot of this guy's posts are spamming the site. The rest of them he appears to be buying sealed games (probably to sell on the site). He admits to being part of the company here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=474813#post474813

and says

Any input about changing the site would be appreciated, i've talked to Cheapyd before about running some promos for cag members, so let me know if i can be of service.

and
Well let me know what items you want on special, our prices compared to e-bay are much cheaper on many items especially classic titles. And shipping costs are high on the first item but cheaper when you order more than one item. First item typically costs $6.50 and only $.50 to $1.00 for additional items. But if you guys offer recommendations, i'm willing to offer suggestions to management, they might actually listen, since i'm a higher up in ranks at the company. And another thing, we actually have the items in stock, not like many of those companies that sell online.

It's kind of spammy/shady not to mention you work for them when you regularly post links to them.

[quote name='c']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48965 - look at the second post.

Appears as though the OP is the guy behind the website.

That, combined with all the Cheap Ass Newbies coming out of their shells for this one, PLUS the seemingly never-ending supply, makes me super ultra omega skeptical.[/QUOTE]

I actually kind of figured the OP was behind the website. However, it seems everyone I've heard from here who has ordered from them has been satisfied. So I pulled the trigger. Unless there have been recent changes, this is no Buy Rite.

[quote name='tdphillips'] However, it seems everyone I've heard from here who has ordered from them has been satisfied. So I pulled the trigger. Unless there have been recent changes, this is no Buy Rite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kept my order too. I've heard OK things about his site too, but I he should declare he works for the site and be straightforward about it IMO.

[quote name='GreenMonkey']Good catch, c. I think that this guy needs permission from CheapyD to self-promote, doesn't he?

P.S. I looked and a lot of this guy's posts are spamming the site. The rest of them he appears to be buying sealed games (probably to sell on the site). He admits to being part of the company here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=474813#post474813

and says

and

It's kind of spammy/shady not to mention you work for them when you regularly post links to them.[/QUOTE]

so what exactly are you complaining about? the guy gave everyone here a heads-up on a great deal that his company is offering...and CAGs are obviously happy that he did, but almost noone is thanking him...i look down on most of you

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so what exactly are you complaining about? the guy gave everyone here a heads-up on a great deal that his company is offering...and CAGs are obviously happy that he did, but almost noone is thanking him...i look down on most of you[/QUOTE]
I already got the thanking out of the way. I'm now in the "no, no, this is too good to be true and really doesn't make any sense to begin with" phase. In other words, please don't look down on me, trustcompany. 8-[

edit: Wait, what the hell do I care if someone who I'll never meet looks down on me? Hahahahahahaha why was I even born.

[quote name='GreenMonkey']I last tuned out of this thread earlier today when people said it wasn't showing in stock.

I don't blame you, man. This happens all the time. I tried to order a La Pucelle Tactics guide from ecampus.com (supposedly instock), and as expected, I got a cancellation email. The guide has vanished from websites and stores...I nabbed one quick on ebay before the price goes crazy on it (people already asking for big $ on Amazon/Half).

I passed on Rhapsody. I don't buy games for collecting/value, I buy them cause I will play them, dammit. I read through the reviews on Rhapsody really quick...

#1) Average review is 69%
#2) Criticized for being short
#3) Criticized for being too easy

Not a good combo IMO. A game can be easy but still excellent (FFX difficulty was pathetic), but not both. I've got enough quality RPGs to play as it is.

I did, however, pick up Persona 2. Thanks OP!

-------------------------------------------------------------
PS -

Another ebay seller also selling these - videogameworld1...

I've been watching his Breath of Fire IV auctions for a few days. His feedback totally screams "I am ripping you off". It meets the criteria of most ebay scammers - mostly purchases, recently opened account, a horde of items posted in one fell swoop. Suddenly he also has a bunch of copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody for sale.

I was actually going to post a thread in the auction forum asking about him, whether you guys thought it was worth chancing or not. I was waiting to see the feedback from some other buyers show up before going for it. Paypal safety net and all, I still am wary - I'd almost rather buy from someone else with more feedback for an extra $10.[/QUOTE]

Well, I really enjoyed the game. The thing is, this isn't a standard RPG - think of it more as a "beginner" RPG. Yes, it's easy. And yes, it's relatively short for an RPG (about 20 hours or so). But it has personality out the wazoo, and is just plain fun. The gameplay honestly probably wouldn't hold up if it were a full-length RPG, but for what it is it's just right.

[quote name='argyle']Well, I really enjoyed the game. The thing is, this isn't a standard RPG - think of it more as a "beginner" RPG. Yes, it's easy. And yes, it's relatively short for an RPG (about 20 hours or so). But it has personality out the wazoo, and is just plain fun. The gameplay honestly probably wouldn't hold up if it were a full-length RPG, but for what it is it's just right.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I'd pick it up for it for cheap, like $10-20 if I ever see it somewhere. But not $50, the collector types can have it for that :D

how many games were there to start this deal? There are 33 Rhapsodys online and 51 Persona 2s left. That still seems like a lot if they keep updating quantities.

Ha, gamequest direct is even selling on amazon's marketplace. I'm starting to think he is selling everywhere

Refunds are issued with in 5 working days from receiving the product. Credit would be issued to the credit card, which the purchase was made, excluding shipping charges which are not refundable, No Exception. Restock fees do not apply on defective products. Fifteen percent (15%) restocking fees applies to all other returns. Gamequestdirect.com. & Game Quest management reserves the right to refuse returns to unopened or defective products at its discretion. Returns are shipped to: Game Quest Direct

so these could be bootlegs and they can refuse to take them back. also it sucks a 15% restock fee to return something. that is nuts. so if you return 1 game your going to pay 7.50.... Nm i was thinking 15

I just picked up another one for my cousin for 50. After i placed the order i started thinking. Noticed it says Factory sealed but nowhere does it say its either a USA VERSION OR AN IMPORT. i seen tons of imports popping up all over ebay. then again If it is an import I can just disput the charges

One things for sure: if this ISN'T a legit deal, he's going to suffer the wrath of 100s of rabid CAGs... and God knows their fury is immense!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']One things for sure: if this ISN'T a legit deal, he's going to suffer the wrath of 100s of rabid CAGs... and God knows their fury is immense![/QUOTE]

it IS legit

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']well if anyone did 1 day express let us know! :)[/QUOTE]

i was going to do 3 day until i seen it cost 12 bucks and i could get free shipping if i wait a week. so i waited : )

bread's done
Back