Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='kiun']another 120 in stock !![/QUOTE]
Yep, this reminds me of Resident Evil 2 when it kept appearing and a reprint was denied, but it ended up being a reprint. I still can't believe Rhapsody would have a reprint.

Well, let the games continue. I suppose it'd be foolish to constantly check the stock every few hours. I'll come back in a few days and see if this thing is truly over.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Yep, this reminds me of Resident Evil 2 when it kept appearing and a reprint was denied, but it ended up being a reprint. I still can't believe Rhapsody would have a reprint.[/QUOTE]

But we have two confirmed reports that Atlus has said these games were NOT getting a reprint. Maybe he found a case of these games somewhere of 500+ games?

[quote name='Ecofreak']But we have two confirmed reports that Atlus has said these games were NOT getting a reprint. Maybe he found a case of these games somewhere of 500+ games?[/QUOTE]

I remmeber hearing somewhere that the company makes bids on certain games that are found in warehouses etc. Maybe they found a crate and he won the bid?

buy it w/ a credit card. As long as you don't buy tons of copies with the intent of selling it, its a win win situation.

Unless, these are the GH version. bwahahaha, we got punked.

[quote name='kiun']While we can speculate, I think only the OP knows the facts. It will be nice if he posts again in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Why would the op know the truth?

You're not making any sense.
I don't think the OP owns the site gamequestdirect.com.

[quote name='wbc1228']Why would the op know the truth?

You're not making any sense.
I don't think the OP owns the site gamequestdirect.com.[/QUOTE]

i think he works there, check the earlier posts.

I'm checking my computer system... at my company we do old revised manual... basically anything that gets a reprint it has to be revised or looked through...

from what I see from Atlus backlog... this is not a reprint...

so this is indeed not a reprint... I checked past reprint at there is 20,000 prints of this game total. w/ a 2000 Print which was not counted or distributed.... if this is the 2000... that we are seeing... now... There should be enuff for everyone.,

[quote name='b3b0p']Spoon,

Where/Who do you work for? If you can say that is?[/QUOTE]

I work for a plastic injection modding company... in the west coast of Michigan we only revised old manual for small plastic parts... which has nothing to do with gaming... but I am able to look up production print for manual for anything that touches the USA.

even if there is a actual 2000 print In the manual... I highly doubt 2000 copy of the game itself.... since most the manual were pro... scrapped... around 1500-1800 of the game itself...... cause they never really use all the manual...

[quote name='Spoon_si']I work for a plastic injection modding company... in the west coast of Michigan we only revised old manual for small plastic parts... which has nothing to do with gaming... but I am able to look up production print for manual for anything that touches the USA.

even if there is a actual 2000 print In the manual... I highly doubt 2000 copy of the game itself.... since most the manual were pro... scrapped... around 1500-1800 of the game itself...... cause they never really use all the manual...[/QUOTE]

I don't think even 1800 copies will have a major effect in the long term. If you guys really want the game, I'd get it on ebay within the next two weeks becaus eI'm sure they'll be going for $40.

It's up to 124 now... and 123 copies of Persona 2!! What the fuck is going on...

I think someone found more than a few hundred. And they just keep putting a few up at a time to make it look like it's in short demand. And look at it on eBay, there are new copies only at $40!

Now I'm sure that we'll see drastic price drops... I hope they don't fall below $50 for new copies, otherwise, I'll feel real stupid paying that much for it.:whistle2:(

i cancelled my extra order, and yes if there are indeed 1800 extra copies that will have a large effect simply due to the volume of this game being so low as it is.

where do you see they have 120 in stock again? if this is true ebay prices are gonna go to the pits. I will consider canceling 2 of the extra rhapsody I purchased if this is the case...

[quote name='Ecofreak']But we have two confirmed reports that Atlus has said these games were NOT getting a reprint. Maybe he found a case of these games somewhere of 500+ games?[/QUOTE]
Capcom denied that RE2 was a reprint when it first appeared at Gamequest

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43059&page=1&pp=50

But I do doubt atlus would reprint a ps1 game, I was just comparing the situations. Who knows, Gamequest could be getting rid of some backstock because they heard about Atlus doing something with Rhapsody (ie Greatest Hits) and wanted to get as much money as they could. They certainly sold alot of RE2 before Capcom announced the reprint. I'm totally just throwing out my own theories.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Capcom denied that RE2 was a reprint when it first appeared at Gamequest

But I do doubt atlus would reprint a ps1 game, I was just comparing the situations. Who knows, Gamequest could be getting rid of some backstock because they heard about Atlus doing something with Rhapsody (ie Greatest Hits) and wanted to get as much money as they could. They certainly sold alot of RE2 before Capcom announced the reprint. I'm totally just throwing out my own theories.[/QUOTE]

i doubt it, they would have been slowly selling them for $150 if they had them all the time.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Capcom denied that RE2 was a reprint when it first appeared at Gamequest

But I do doubt atlus would reprint a ps1 game, I was just comparing the situations. Who knows, Gamequest could be getting rid of some backstock because they heard about Atlus doing something with Rhapsody (ie Greatest Hits) and wanted to get as much money as they could. They certainly sold alot of RE2 before Capcom announced the reprint. I'm totally just throwing out my own theories.[/QUOTE]

That could very well be the case... but I don't think they'll reprint it, more likely, they might release a collection of some of their older games.

If that's the case, I'm going to be pissed off...:bomb:

Im not even sure if its still wise to buy them at $50 each, I mean if there truly are alot of these ebay prices will drop drasticaly, and we will feel dumb for spending $50 on these.

You guys can always cancel/send them back.
Of course...I caved and got Persona even though I'm almost broke. I might just cancel as the TRU 50% off begins the 14th as well.

I'm not goin to say this is a greatest hits.. but it could be...

If this a greatest hits... the part# for the manual would of been different... I won't be able to to find out... until our system gets updated next week...

So I hope this isn't....

anyway a greatest hits have to sell a million copys worldwide... to become 1...

until some1 gets there copy we'll know for sure...

I order myself 1 of each to play... Gods know I ain't paying $80+ for this on ebay...

I don't understand how you guys could think there would be a reprint. I definitely agree that is random to suddenly have tons of stock of a rare game, but why would atlus do a reprint of ps1 games. I really don't think it'd be hugely profitable since the only people who would buy it are people like us, who are certainly in the videogaming minority. I did jump on the deal for Rhapsody and hopefully it will come through. The reason why I think he's not gouging prices is pretty evident too. Look how many of us have purchased one or more copies of each game. If the price point was 100, as much as I'd want it, there's no way I'd buy it. Instead, I just spent 60 bucks (after shipping) on something I don't need (and with money I don't really have) because it seems like a great deal. They're making tons of money quickly on what is most likely a wherehouse find. Good deal for both the seller and the buyer.....now if it turns out to be a reprint...I'll eat my words.

the only way possible that ill be pissed about this is if it turned out to either be a GH or if it turned out to be a huge reprint and other stores carry it for less than $50....that is the only way....but seeing how both of those are incredibly unlikely, im very happy with this deal so far...the only thing im pissed about is just having bought a mint one off of ebay for $100

those GQD guys are sketchy as hell, there is something definitely going down with this that we dont know. They seemed to be upset that I was cancelling a rhapsody. In fact one guy told me I had to be transferred cuz I was cancelling a rhapsody. Also the fact that the guy told me they would only have a few more due to cancellations and they put over 100 up kinda makes me think they have something to hide.

[quote name='Sulmona']those GQD guys are sketchy as hell, there is something definitely going down with this that we dont know. They seemed to be upset that I was cancelling a rhapsody. In fact one guy told me I had to be transferred cuz I was cancelling a rhapsody. Also the fact that the guy told me they would only have a few more due to cancellations and they put over 100 up kinda makes me think they have something to hide.[/QUOTE]

Unless everyone got suspicious and cancelled driving stock back up. Like I said, I can send persona back if it ends up becoming GH or whatever.

[quote name='Sulmona']those GQD guys are sketchy as hell, there is something definitely going down with this that we dont know. They seemed to be upset that I was cancelling a rhapsody. In fact one guy told me I had to be transferred cuz I was cancelling a rhapsody. Also the fact that the guy told me they would only have a few more due to cancellations and they put over 100 up kinda makes me think they have something to hide.[/QUOTE]

Im also thinking about just canceling my 2 extra rhapsody and the persona, I never wanted persona 2 and $50 is alot for a game I will most likely not play, plus its noway near as rare as rhapsody. I might just buy one copy of rhapsody as it seems to me trying to resell 2 copies will be damn near not worth it.

Also I do not see an auction with 120 more for sale on ebay, where do you see this?

The only good thing I can see about this is holding onto them for awhile, but by then all the people who bought tons of these will be selling them dirt cheap on ebay trying to get rid of them, and I probably wont make much of a profit.

As I said before, I am only comparing the two incidents. For those who don't know:
A poster posted about RE2 being at Gamequest for 39.99 It kept going in and out of stock.
There were many of skeptics about the company then people started to call Capcom.
Capcom denied a reprint, multiple times.
Possibly a week-2 weeks later, RE2 was reprinted and other stores recieved copies.
There was a similar instance with RE3.

It was quite coincidental that Gamequest found that RE2 stock right before Capcom was ready to announce a reprint. So I am relating the two situations that could be purely coincidental. I am still happy I got a copy of Rhapsody because I have been looking for it for awhile.

Also keep in mind the 15% restocking fee - so you pay $7.50 per copy in addition to shipping costs. Certainly better than eating the $50, though. :?

And they're probably cranky that because so many people may be calling in to cancel their orders, when they may already have been packed and ready to ship.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']As I said before, I am only comparing the two incidents. For those who don't know:
A poster posted about RE2 being at Gamequest for 39.99 It kept going in and out of stock.
There were many of skeptics about the company then people started to call Capcom.
Capcom denied a reprint, multiple times.
Possibly a week-2 weeks later, RE2 was reprinted and other stores recieved copies.
There was a similar instance with RE3.

It was quite coincidental that Gamequest found that RE2 stock right before Capcom was ready to announce a reprint. So I am relating the two situations that could be purely coincidental. I am still happy I got a copy of Rhapsody because I have been looking for it for awhile.[/QUOTE]

so capcom did annouce a reprint on re2?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so capcom did annouce a reprint on re2?[/QUOTE]
hmm I think I recall that... or it was just several other big stores started getting copies, ie EB and Gamestop. I'm trying to sift through the thread to find it >

[quote name='AngellicLulu']hmm I think I recall that... or it was just several other big stores started getting copies, ie EB and Gamestop. I'm trying to sift through the thread to find it >

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']in between all of the "OMG itz a reprnt!!! U gUyz r sto0pid!", i never found out if it really was one or not...the bottom line for me was that i stopped caring because im just happy that i have the game...but it would still be nice to know that some companies care enough about gamers that they'd actually make a reprint[/QUOTE]
Well let's do this, if gameexpress.com gets Rhapsody and Persona 2 magically in stock, then we might be able to draw a better hypothesis of what is going on.
Yeah, I can't remember where I found out Capcom said there was a reprint, but I did see stores like EB getting it in stock.

I just called in to change my order from 2 Personas to one of each, and the dude servicing my call sounded like he's had a rough day answering calls about Persona 2 and Rhapsody. I was going to bug him about these games and how GQD got a hold of them, but he sounded so tired that I just thanked him and hung up.

I do worry about a possible re-print of these games, but if I were Atlus I wouldn't do it. Part of the reason we go crazy buying up Atlus games is that we know they have historically had limited runs. It makes sense to re-print current gen titles because it won't affect this belief too much. After all, Digital Devil Saga just came out a few months ago. It's just plain ridiculous that it takes a bit of effort to find copies. However, if they re-print rare PS1 titles that fetch $150+ new on ebay, then they're killing the "OMG, it's a sealed rare Atlus game" factor, all so they can sell at most a couple of thousand copies. Actually I doubt that even a few hundred of us would buy Rhapsody if it wasn't so rare/expensive.

My hope is that I'm getting a Persona 2 and Rhapsody that are original prints found in some warehouse. That way, even if they release GH versions or a different cover version (like Dragonball GT), I'd still feel okay about spending $100 on these two games.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']I'm pretty sure the restocking fee doesn't apply to these games, but I could be absolutely wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sure does.. I bought a copy of RE2 from them back when they had it for $39.99 (~$48 after shipping). After I found out about the reprint, I returned my game and was only refunded $33.99. I was pissed because they made no mention of restocking fee until after I asked about it. And it was there in the help secton all along. I never thought any company would charage a restocking fee for a unopened return.:bomb:

BTW, anybody besides Ecofreak get their tracking number? I haven't been charged anything so I'm guessing that they didn't even ship my pack yet...

Still a 107 copies of Rhapsody and 121 copies of Persona 2. I know for sure that Persona 2 will crash in value.. but Rhapsody might still have some sort of value though at this point, it looks as if both games will decline in value.:whistle2:(

Ugh, Dragonball GT....don't get me started. What happened w/ that? Didn't Atari lose money instead of make, I mean, c'mon, it's one of the worst fighters on the system, yet they tried to bank on it's rarity.

hey do you gotta buy both games to get free shipping? cuz Im gonna cancel everything but a copy of rhapsody. If not what was the code for 15% off or whatever

[quote name='slidecage']did anyone ever get an email saying theres shipped i still never got nothing[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm still waiting for... all I know is that my order went through when I click the order status link on my email.

You guys do realize these are psone games and the posibility of them being greatest hits titles is about 0%.

I ordered Resident Evil 3 for GC from them without a problem and I will be very satisfied if my copies of Rhapsody and Persona arrive at my doorstep.

bread's done
Back