Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']Hey Cheapy, havn't heard from you on this topic and its gotten pritty hot, just wondering what you think of the deal and the site and such[/QUOTE]

not that im cheapy...but its a good site that sometimes takes advantage of having sealed rare games...the shipping is a little high, but they often have codes for free shipping after a certain amount is spent and they ship very fast...

[quote name='Sulmona']rhapsody OOS again, now the question is will this stay the case or is this RE 2 and 3 GC all over again.[/QUOTE]

Some hoarder just bought all 13 copys...

I was abot yo buy 1 copy for myself... I went to get my CC came back all 13 was gone.... fukkin horder...

[quote name='Spoon_si']Some hoarder just bought all 13 copys...

I was abot yo buy 1 copy for myself... I went to get my CC came back all 13 was gone.... fukkin horder...[/QUOTE]

The game seriously isn't worth it.

[quote name='Spoon_si']Some hoarder just bought all 13 copys...

I was abot yo buy 1 copy for myself... I went to get my CC came back all 13 was gone.... fukkin horder...[/QUOTE]

lets just hope that ebay prices plummet.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Goddammit, missed Rhapsody by seconds. (I will devour hoarders' souls.)

I got a Persona 2, though, and offered GQD $50 for Rhapsody over eBay.[/QUOTE]

ill bet your request will be granted on ebay, assuming someone doesnt BIN before they check their email

[quote name='kiun']lets just hope that ebay prices plummet.[/QUOTE]

this will likely happen but cost will still be more than the $50 gqd wa charging

Prices for these games will never drop below $50 for factory sealed.

Unless you're some lucky bastard that finds one in a dusty corner of K-Mart for $10.

That would be very lucky... a few years ago, a close friend found her copy of Rhapsody in a dusty corner of the Walmart in Henderson, KY... $20.
She has since opened it (sorry).

does anyone else think that GQD got these at an incredibly low price like $10 per unit, and is making a killing off of us.

[quote name='Sulmona']does anyone else think that GQD got these at an incredibly low price like $10 per unit, and is making a killing off of us.[/QUOTE]
That's how retail works, yes.

[quote name='secretvampire']Um, it was in the original post. And if this is legit, I owe the OP an apology and a cookie. :) It's just that usually these deals are from some long defunct website that have nothing in stock.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scarface7']It's been in the first post. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Dude its in the 1st post, sucks to be you man! LOL[/QUOTE]

I emailed them and they gave me the free shipping and gave me back my $9.90.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']That's how retail works, yes.[/QUOTE]

not to that extreme, u think EB is getting madden 06s for $10 or even under $40 for that matter. if these games actually were found in a warehouse somewhere the wholesaler was probably happy to even get anything for old games like this.

[quote name='Sulmona']not to that extreme, u think EB is getting madden 06s for $10 or even under $40 for that matter. if these games actually were found in a warehouse somewhere the wholesaler was probably happy to even get anything for old games like this.[/QUOTE]

But this seller isnt stupid... he has other hard ass games to find (not even close to as hard as this thought) for more money

Well, it looks like they sold out of Rhapsodys.. and haven't gotten more in stock. But they still have 38 Persona 2s in stock.

And look at the state on eBay... http://search.ebay.com/rhapsody_Vid...tionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch
So many people hoarding copies and then flooding eBay with them. You know, I hope the prices drop so they get what they deserve. I don't see how the prices won't go down. These games just DON'T have the high demand that the rare games of the current gen do...

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so what exactly are you complaining about? the guy gave everyone here a heads-up on a great deal that his company is offering...and CAGs are obviously happy that he did, but almost noone is thanking him...i look down on most of you[/QUOTE]

I would thank the source if there was a copy of Rhaspody in stock. He at least posted the info about the games at a decent price. Brings back memories of Videogamesdepot from Defender. I guess Persona 2 ain't my bag. All I want is a cutesy voice cool fun RPG that I can wind down and stress out before work :D

Can somebody spare a brotha a new copy from the store for $64 (I believe that is the total cost including fast shipping) from Paypal including shipping if I cannot win from the sausage who dumped it on ebay?

[quote name='Vinny']Well, it looks like they sold out of Rhapsodys.. and haven't gotten more in stock. But they still have 38 Persona 2s in stock.

And look at the state on eBay... http://search.ebay.com/rhapsody_Vid...tionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch
So many people hoarding copies and then flooding eBay with them. You know, I hope the prices drop so they get what they deserve. I don't see how the prices won't go down. These games just DON'T have the high demand that the rare games of the current gen do...[/QUOTE]

Prices will decrease but you guys fail to realize that an offering of 200 games (of a ridiculously rare title) at one time offering will not completely destroy the value. As someone said before, 500 new shining force cds were found in the past and I guarantee a new sealed copy of that would bring in at least $200 today (and who even owns a sega cd nowadays). And besides that, ebay is not really flooded since there is just one guy who listed like 6 and even still I bet each of them close at more than $80.

It is necessary to keep in mind that this game was just offered for only 12 hours. Its almost as if you are comparing it to the resident evil fiasco. Resident evil (very similar to the current state of Marvel vs Capcom 2) at that time was just a demand-driven market. It was not really a hard to find game by any stretch. Before that re-release I would frequently check gamestops inventory and between 10-20% of stores would have it in stock. Whenever I check rhapsody its usually 0-1 of all stores within 200 miles of me.

edit: and to say this does not have the demand, it sold 200 copies in 12 hours. if anything persona 2 does not have the demand. rhapsody is considered one of the grails of ps1 collecting

You also have to take into consideration most of these games are going into peoples collection. Aside from those f'ers who profit from reselling, most of them will stay out of the market.

[quote name='Sulmona']Prices will decrease but you guys fail to realize that an offering of 200 games (of a ridiculously rare title) at one time offering will not completely destroy the value. As someone said before, 500 new shining force cds were found in the past and I guarantee a new sealed copy of that would bring in at least $200 today (and who even owns a sega cd nowadays). And besides that, ebay is not really flooded since there is just one guy who listed like 6 and even still I bet each of them close at more than $80.

It is necessary to keep in mind that this game was just offered for only 12 hours. Its almost as if you are comparing it to the resident evil fiasco. Resident evil (very similar to the current state of Marvel vs Capcom 2) at that time was just a demand-driven market. It was not really a hard to find game by any stretch. Before that re-release I would frequently check gamestops inventory and between 10-20% of stores would have it in stock. Whenever I check rhapsody its usually 0-1 of all stores within 200 miles of me.

edit: and to say this does not have the demand, it sold 200 copies in 12 hours. if anything persona 2 does not have the demand. rhapsody is considered one of the grails of ps1 collecting[/QUOTE]

Is it confirmed that gqd only have 200 copies ?

[quote name='kiun']Is it confirmed that gqd only have 200 copies ?[/QUOTE]

well the 1st time it went OOS (last night at like midnight) it popped back in quickly. The store opens in like 5 minutes so if any more appear they will be in the next half hour.

Ive come up with the number since the 1st batch had about 100, then 48 in second batch, and then 48 in total he had on ebay.

edit: u know what,. fuck it, i am gonna call and ask.

[quote name='Sulmona']Prices will decrease but you guys fail to realize that an offering of 200 games (of a ridiculously rare title) at one time offering will not completely destroy the value. As someone said before, 500 new shining force cds were found in the past and I guarantee a new sealed copy of that would bring in at least $200 today (and who even owns a sega cd nowadays). And besides that, ebay is not really flooded since there is just one guy who listed like 6 and even still I bet each of them close at more than $80.

edit: and to say this does not have the demand, it sold 200 copies in 12 hours. if anything persona 2 does not have the demand. rhapsody is considered one of the grails of ps1 collecting[/QUOTE]

Hm... missed the Shining Force bit. And that's true that 200 copies (or however many) of the game sold out in 12 hours.

Guess I'll wait and see. Either way I look at it, $109 for a sealed copy of Rhapsody and Persona 2 ain't bad at all...

simple. The games are not being reprinted let the people buying them and retoss them on ebay now and watch the price plunge. If i do sell one of mine im not looking at putting it up until XMAS or later. By then the price will be the same as now if not higher.

[quote name='slidecage']simple. The games are not being reprinted let the people buying them and retoss them on ebay now and watch the price plunge. If i do sell one of mine im not looking at putting it up until XMAS or later. By then the price will be the same as now if not higher.[/QUOTE]

exactly what Im doing...If worse comes to worse and prices do plummet, I can always take this to Gamestop or Gamecrazy and offer it to the workers for $80.00 or so. Some of them may jump on the offer.

same here, i'm starting to look at some games as long term investments, even though people say video games are a bad investment, you can't say that people that saved their baseball cards from the 50's and 60's didn't make out with some great appreciation. Why couldn't that happen with some of these games. I'm just glad i could finally get my hands on something that might actually be worth something down the road

im probally keeping my rhapsody but I will be trading/selling the persona 2 to people here who might want it for the price i paid (50 + shipping)

dont ask me why i ordered persona 2 i got a complete mint copy sitting looking right at me. Wasnt that great of a game

i just called, the reason they had 2 copies is because of cancellations, he told me that if i wanted one to keep checking the website in the next 5 minutes since he has some cancellations to process.

[quote name='Sulmona']i just called, the reason they had 2 copies is because of cancellations, he told me that if i wanted one to keep checking the website in the next 5 minutes since he has some cancellations to process.[/QUOTE]

Did he say where they got them?

Currently OOS. Could this be the end of a thread that has spanned almost 300 posts in less than 24 hours?!

Stay tuned to find out...

One of those cancellations was from me, who made a snap judgement on picking up a copy of each last night and thought differently this morning.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Currently OOS. Could this be the end of a thread that has spanned almost 300 posts in less than 24 hours?!

Stay tuned to find out...[/QUOTE]

Not yet, there's some cancellations, so we'll see more posts. On a side note, wouldn't it be funny if these two games actually went GH and we just didn't know it?

bread's done
Back