Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brian9824']I'm still considering selling my Witchblade dvds and artbox and snagging it on bluray but the witchblade boxset is just so nice with the individual discs having nice signed covers.....[/QUOTE] I doubled dipped (like Burst Angel) and kept the DVDs also.

looks like nothing from this sale guess I'll be snagging some stuff from the Bargain Bin

Kyo Kara Maoh season 1 for the wife
Sakura Wars and
Aquarion

[quote name='refusedchaos']I doubled dipped (like Burst Angel) and kept the DVDs also.[/QUOTE]

I would keep my DVDs for no other reason than you can rip them to put on your PSP or PC. I like having the ability to rip to make AMVs.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I don't like shitty anime. Like Burst Angel.

Seriously, people, stop buying Burst Angel. It's fucking awful.[/QUOTE]
im glad you think that your worthless opinion actually means something

burst angel is a fantastic series

Tempted to order both parts of NHK and sell my art box + singles too (all sealed except volume 2 which came w/ the box), but it's one of my favorite looking box sets, haha. I don't think I can do it.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Peach Girl!!!:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

The anime was fine, but for people like me who read the manga, it was the exact same fucking thing as the manga, which made me a little disappointed. So if you haven't read the manga I would recommend the animu.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Tempted to order both parts of NHK and sell my art box + singles too (all sealed except volume 2 which came w/ the box), but it's one of my favorite looking box sets, haha. I don't think I can do it.[/QUOTE]

If it sways you, a complete sealed box just sold on eBay for over $180. I'm keeping mine though. I don't have the heart to sell it, and i''ll regret it later. I just double dipped so i can watch the show, sell the collections, and have the show (sealed) in my possession :).

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm still considering selling my Witchblade dvds and artbox and snagging it on bluray but the witchblade boxset is just so nice with the individual discs having nice signed covers.....[/QUOTE]

Don't bother. The Witchblade Blu-ray release is another upscale done in-house by Funimation, just like what they did with Burst Angel. You can achieve the same results by playing your DVDs on your Blu-ray player. There is absolutely no reason to upgrade.

Edit - After a little searching, here's a list of more anime (current or upcoming) on Blu-ray that's merely upscaled:

Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Samurai Champloo
Yukikaze
Gunslinger Girl
Trinity Blood

Claymore is another one that's likely, but not certain yet. Tsubasa is another suspect.

[quote name='styl3s']im glad you think that your worthless opinion actually means something

burst angel is a fantastic series[/QUOTE]

If I can stop at least one person from wasting their money on the stinking pile of shit that is Burst Angel, I've done my job. I'm sorry that I was too late to save you. The show's dumbtardedness has clearly taken root in your brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, they only upscaled the blue ray release of Full metal panic the original? I'm really pissed now that I have a widescreen tv to see that my original dvd box release of FMP is fullscreen though.

[quote name='surak']I'm listening to Shawne Kleckner's interview in the ANN podcast now. It's pretty great and extremely illuminating. Interesting to hear that Blu ray anime sales are disappointing, but reading what Kirin said about there being a lot of upscales, I'm hesitant to bolster those sales. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it's worth a listen. If you haven't already done so, be sure to listen to the lengthy Geneon-related discussion from last week's podcast. It was endlessly fascinating.

I'd agree with Kirin lemon. I did enjoy burst angel but its definitely a rental and not a buy. The story was a joke, but it did have its moment's and I felt it was worth watching. I wouldn't bother with it in my collection though.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That sounds like it's worth a listen. If you haven't already done so, be sure to listen to the lengthy Geneon-related discussion from last week's podcast. It was endlessly fascinating.[/QUOTE]

I was getting ready to say the same thing. If you liked the ANNCast with Shawne Kleckner, then you should definitely listen to the ANNCast about Geneon. Kirin is right; it is extremely interesting.

ANNCast – The Life and Kime of Geneon, USA

Yeah last week's was the first time I tuned in to the ANNCast. As the majority of my collection is still Pioneer/Geneon thanks to TRSI sales of yesteryear, it was horrible in a fascinating way to hear the trainwreck / clusterfuck that happened to the U.S. anime industry. I haven't been nearly as interested in collecting recent anime compared to the ones during Geneon's heyday, which is a shame.

Seems that CAGs on this thread aren't typical fans. Kime said pricing DVDs didn't matter because they sold about the same at any price point (though Shawne saying this week that $4 disc sales actually leading to reprints shows that isn't always the case). Clearly most here have an idea of how much lower an anime should be priced before biting. It does suggest that the market was/is dominated by buyers with collector's mentality, who already know what they want and will buy at whatever the cost. Or at least the industry catered solely to them (with the rest of us left hunting bargain bins). No wonder it imploded once everyone could find cheaper ways to watch what they wanted (that and the industry's irrational exuberance over growth prospects).

Hey Kirin, how do you know that Witchblade etc are upscales? I watched FMP: second raid from BR and it was definitely sharper than the DVDs. So maybe it's a successful upscale?

Hey Kirin, keep us up to date on when blu would actually be a wise buy if you don't mind, I know I'd definitely appreciate it. Especially since it seems I'm about to purchase an HDTV.

[quote name='starkillr']Hey Kirin, how do you know that Witchblade etc are upscales? I watched FMP: second raid from BR and it was definitely sharper than the DVDs. So maybe it's a successful upscale?[/QUOTE]

Some shows were just never aired or animated in HD, and Witchblade fell into that category. For other shows that you're considering picking up on Blu-ray, it's helpful to Google the series name plus "Blu" and "upscale" to bring up a list of conversations on the subject. There have been several discussions at AnimeOnDVD, ANN, and other blogs regarding upscaled anime on Blu-ray.

It pays to be an informed customer! ;)

Is Glass Fleet any good? I watched the first episode and was soooo bored, does it get better? That Samurai Deeper Kyo box is pretty sweet looking.

[quote name='refusedchaos']yay for AMG![/QUOTE]

But boo for that horrible, horrible price! I picked up the economy set for something like $20, several years ago.

I'm still shocked and appalled at how awful the sale has been this year. What the fuck happened?!

[quote name='MrBrando']Is Glass Fleet any good? I watched the first episode and was soooo bored, does it get better? That Samurai Deeper Kyo box is pretty sweet looking.[/QUOTE]

Glass Fleet is pretty bad - your first impression was correct. And that box is the *only* good thing about Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Anyone know if there is bluray anime thread? Like ones that have come out or one to come out.
I plan on upgrading all my current good anime to bluray.

[quote name='MrBrando']Is Glass Fleet any good? I watched the first episode and was soooo bored, does it get better? That Samurai Deeper Kyo box is pretty sweet looking.[/QUOTE]

I thought Glass Fleet was alright. I liked the opening monologues for each episode, and there are some good moments every so often. Samurai Deeper Kyo on the other hand is terrible—or at least it has been from the ten episodes that I have seen.

Yeah, what's up with that lame price for AMG? I would have bit at somewhere around $30, but $70? Hell no. A guess since it's such a niche series, they figure they can get away with it...

Was the sale really good in years past or something?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']But boo for that horrible, horrible price! I picked up the economy set for something like $20, several years ago.

I'm still shocked and appalled at how awful the sale has been this year. What the fuck happened?!

Glass Fleet is pretty bad - your first impression was correct. And that box is the *only* good thing about Samurai Deeper Kyo.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about Samurai Deeper Kyo

OK, so how long do we have till these prices stay like this? There might be a thing or 2 I want to get plus some bargain bin stuff. I also want to see if they do anything else though.

This was last years

* DAY 01:
o Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection (Hyb): $19.99 (67% OFF)
o Shuffle DVD Value Bundle (Hyb): $59.99 (67% OFF)
o Witch Hunter Robin DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends): $22.99 (54% OFF)
* DAY 02:
o Final Fantasy Unlimited DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $19.99 (60% OFF)
o Gundam SEED Destiny OVA DVD (Hyb): Final Plus: $12.99 (48% OFF)
o Suzuka DVD Box Set (Hyb): 29.99 (50% OFF)
* DAY 03:
o Maburaho DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak): $24.99 (64% OFF)
o Trinity Blood DVD Box Set (Hyb): $39.99 (56% OFF)
o Tweeny Witches True Book of Spells DVD Box Set (Hyb): $48.99 (51% OFF) - PRE-ORDER
* DAY 04:
o Fruits Basket DVD Set (Hyb) (Thinpak): $24.99 (64% OFF)
o He Man Season 1 DVD Value Bundle (D): $24.99 (58% OFF)
o He Man Season 2 DVD Value Bundle (D): $24.99 (58% OFF)
* DAY 05:
o Angelic Layer DVD Box Set (Thinpak): $19.99 (60% OFF) - SOLD OUT!
o The Third: The DVD Bundle with the Big Savings (Hyb): $79.99 (50% OFF)
o Witchblade DVD Value Bundle (Hyb): $39.99 (78% OFF)
* DAY 06:
o Aquarian Age DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $14.99 (63% OFF)
o Negima DVD Box Set (Hyb): $24.99 (72% OFF)
o Peach Girl DVD Box Set (Hyb): $29.99 (57% OFF)
* DAY 07:
o Gao-Gai-Gar Premium DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb) (discs 1-5): $17.99 (49% OFF)
o Gao-Gai-Gar Premium DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb): $17.99 (49% OFF)
o Slayers DVD Value Bundle (Hyb): $44.99 (50% OFF)
* DAY 08:
o Aquarion Season 1 DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb): $24.99 (58% OFF)
o Aquarion Season 1 DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb): $24.99 (58% OFF)
o Basilisk DVD Box Set (Hyb): $24.99 (72% OFF)
* DAY 09:
o Blue Gender DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Viridian Collection: $19.99 (60% OFF)
o Cromartie High School DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $14.99 (67% OFF)
o Fantastic Children DVD Complete Collection (Hyb): $19.99 (60% OFF)
* DAY 10:
o Joe vs. Joe OVA Bundle: $19.99 (60% OFF)
o Princess Princess DVD Collection (S): $12.99 (48% OFF)
o Samurai Gun DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $17.99 (64% OFF)
* DAY 11:
o Gantz Perfect Score DVD Collection (Hyb): $29.99 (70% OFF)
o Kodocha DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb): $19.99 (60% OFF)
o Kodocha DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb): $19.99 (60% OFF)
* DAY 12:
o Beck DVD Box Set (Hyb): $34.99 (50% OFF)
o Divergence Eve DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $14.99 (67% OFF)
o Street Fighter Alpha DVD 2-pack (Hyb): $9.99 (67% OFF)
* DAY 13:
o Azumanga Daioh DVD Box Set (Thinpak): $34.99 (50% OFF)
o Black Cat DVD Box Set (Hyb): $29.99 (57% OFF)
o DNAngel DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $24.99 (72% OFF)
o Diamond Daydreams Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak): $19.99 (64% OFF)
o Holiday Hentai Ho Ho Ho DVD Bundle (S) Adult: $24.99 (67% OFF)
o Moon Phase (Tsukuyomi) DVD Box Set (Hyb): $24.99 (64% OFF)
o Mushi-shi Limited Edition Lithograph (Autographed) (16 x 20): $47.99 (52% OFF)
o Pretear DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak): $14.99 (63% OFF)
o She-Ra Season 1 DVD Value Bundle (D): $44.99 (55% OFF)
o She-Ra Season 2 DVD Box Set (D): $17.99 (55% OFF)
o Silent Mobius Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): $14.99 (50% OFF)
o Spiral DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Viridian Collection: $19.99 (60% OFF)
o Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie DVD (Hyb) Uncut: $8.99 (55% OFF)
o Street Fighter II TV DVD Value Bundle (Hyb): $17.99 (70% OFF)
o Tide-Line Blue Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) - Anime Legends: $22.99 (54% OFF)

I picked up
Witch Hunter Robin DVD Complete Collection
Trinity Blood DVD Box Set
Fruits Basket DVD Set
Basilisk DVD Box Set
Cromartie High School DVD Complete Collection
Fantastic Children DVD Complete Collection

Last year in my opinion was amazing, they had really good stuff and if it was something I wasn't sure about or never heard of, it was cheap enough for a blind buy.

[quote name='MrBrando']Last year in my opinion was amazing, they had really good stuff and if it was something I wasn't sure about or never heard of, it was cheap enough for a blind buy.[/QUOTE]

Yup, good stuff last year. I'm happy you picked up Fantastic Children! More people need to see that one.

And this year's sale runs until the 18th.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yup, good stuff last year. I'm happy you picked up Fantastic Children! More people need to see that one.

And this year's sale runs until the 18th.[/QUOTE]

Last year's sale was good, this year sucks.

[quote name='B:L']I would very much like to see a sale on some Lyrical Nanoha please.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it actually went on sale in the Weekly Specials. Rightstuf is AWESOME.

I highly recommend picking up Lyrical Nanoha.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Don't bother. The Witchblade Blu-ray release is another upscale done in-house by Funimation, just like what they did with Burst Angel. You can achieve the same results by playing your DVDs on your Blu-ray player. There is absolutely no reason to upgrade.

Edit - After a little searching, here's a list of more anime (current or upcoming) on Blu-ray that's merely upscaled:

Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Samurai Champloo
Yukikaze
Gunslinger Girl
Trinity Blood

Claymore is another one that's likely, but not certain yet. Tsubasa is another suspect.

If I can stop at least one person from wasting their money on the stinking pile of shit that is Burst Angel, I've done my job. I'm sorry that I was too late to save you. The show's dumbtardedness has clearly taken root in your brain.[/QUOTE]
again your opinion means nothing, people say godfather was a shitty movie does it make it true?

It's his opinion backed up by several other people though. I don't feel as badly about Burst Angel as he does but I'd agree unless it was under $20 i wouldn't even consider buying it. It's definitely a rental.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']But boo for that horrible, horrible price! I picked up the economy set for something like $20, several years ago.
[/QUOTE]

Thats the lowest i've seen for the premium set. Damn Media Blaster stuff never drops!

[quote name='styl3s']again your opinion means nothing, people say godfather was a shitty movie does it make it true?[/QUOTE]

Opinions are just that- opinions, and entirely subjective. If Kirin hated Burst Angel to the point of railing against it every time it comes up in the anime DVD thread, that's fine. If you feel a desperate need to defend Sei's underboob, Jo's cleavage and Amy's almost-a-skirt, that's fine too. The rest of us'll just watch the carnage unfold.

(And yes, I had to phrase it like that. I stand fully by my 'tits and explosions' description of that show. :D)

[quote name='Brian9824']I remember rightstuf had an awesome deal on the nice Vandread box. This one - http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/QXS6fQIEUTs2lsJCCS/browse/item/68731/4/0/0 I paid $49.99 shipped for it in Jan 07 which was a steal.

Although with the re-release of other Vandread boxset it dropped in price. Still no regrets. There definitely aren't as many must buy deals this year but there are enough.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I remember that- my fiance had been lamenting for some time his diffculty in obtaining that boxset (he'd seen it exactly twice before, at full price- and would've paid it if he hadn't been broke both times.) I got that day's announcement twice...he actually forwarded me the email announcing the sale with a full half-page of 'PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE' attached (I do all the TRSI shopping for the 2 of us.) I laughed at him becuase I'd already planned on just buying it and telling him he owed me money later.

[quote name='Mako1215']Anyone know if there is bluray anime thread? Like ones that have come out or one to come out.
I plan on upgrading all my current good anime to bluray.[/QUOTE]

No , but if we can get together a list of anime :br: and/or a list of anime :br: that are actually worth getting or upgrading to I could put that info in the OP. I know Kirin already mentioned about what to look for to tell whether a series has been optimized for :br: or not.

Since this thread has gotten large , I'm considering restarting the thread next year , and turning it into a general anime sale thread. I know that when I've asked about this before no one was really into the idea , but it seems like it might work better , especially because if I'm not keeping the OP up to date aniyway , it's not like it really matters if it's a Right Stuf thread or a general anime sale thread. But any and all options are up for consideration.

Of course another possibility is for someone else to take over OP duties if they like. But it seemed like no one was really jumping at the chance last time I mentioned it (not that I can blame them ;)).

[quote name='StarKnightX']No , but if we can get together a list of anime :br: and/or a list of anime :br: that are actually worth getting or upgrading to I could put that info in the OP. I know Kirin already mentioned about what to look for to tell whether a series has been optimized for :br: or not.
[/QUOTE]

Yea I'll have to find that information out.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Opinions are just that- opinions, and entirely subjective. If Kirin hated Burst Angel to the point of railing against it every time it comes up in the anime DVD thread, that's fine. If you feel a desperate need to defend Sei's underboob, Jo's cleavage and Amy's almost-a-skirt, that's fine too. The rest of us'll just watch the carnage unfold.

(And yes, I had to phrase it like that. I stand fully by my 'tits and explosions' description of that show. :D)[/QUOTE]

:applause: Sums up my opinion of the show quite nicely. We're so smart!

[quote name='Azumangaman']
Would like some thoughts on:
Emma
Hell Girl[/QUOTE]

Emma is excellent. If you're a fan of period romance and slice of life, you'll totally dig it. It's one of the finest shows in those genres, and I highly recommend it.

Hell Girl is a mixed bag. I liked it to a degree, but it was very repetitive, and some of the "revenge" scenarios are ridiculously-motivated, which makes things unintentionally humorous at times. It does have a very strong dub, if that matters to you, and it's still moderately enjoyable despite its flaws. You could do far worse for $20.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Since this thread has gotten large , I'm considering restarting the thread next year , and turning it into a general anime sale thread. I know that when I've asked about this before no one was really into the idea , but it seems like it might work better , especially because if I'm not keeping the OP up to date aniyway , it's not like it really matters if it's a Right Stuf thread or a general anime sale thread. But any and all options are up for consideration.[/QUOTE]

I'm torn on the general anime sales thread. On one hand, it'll keep everything nice and condensed. We don't need the animu plague infesting the rest of CAG. :lol: At the same time, because there are so many posts about what RS has going on, I feel it might overshadow whatever sales Amazon, Buy, and whatever-other-place-thinks-anime-exists have going on.

Also, the only thing from day 13 I have any experience with is Samurai Deeper Kyo. And I'll echo the rest of the sentiment that it's bad. And I liked the manga too, which made the show all the more disappointing.

[quote name='slipkornotpsu']How is Galaxy railways? Thinking of getting it.[/QUOTE]

The english dub isn't very good at all, and i normally tolerate bad dubs. Also, i thought the story was sort of...shallow..i dropped it after 6 episodes, but i might pick it up again later. The premise is very cool, but the execution wasn't very well done from what i've seen.

Ok, so I'm going through the bargain bin, trying to find out stuff I want to buy when i order the stuff from the sale. And I'm trying to figure out, what's with this Urusei Yatsura show that has a shitton of episode/dvds, but yet doesn't seem to be popular enough to warrant boxsets or dubs?

[quote name='Chronis']Ok, so I'm going through the bargain bin, trying to find out stuff I want to buy when i order the stuff from the sale. And I'm trying to figure out, what's with this Urusei Yatsura show that has a shitton of episode/dvds, but yet doesn't seem to be popular enough to warrant boxsets or dubs?[/QUOTE]
There used to be boxsets, but they're long OOP. Animeigo is the distributor. They also did Kimagure Orange Road (excellent show) and some other stuff. I don't think they have any dubs...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Everything. Everything is wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DuelLadyS'] 'tits and explosions' [/QUOTE]
I'm getting conflicting opinions.

The second one means that its all show, no substance. Tits and explosions, nothing more. Aka its crap if your not into a show that's nothing but tits and explosions.

bread's done
Back