Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Veronica Mars']Not really into fan service, so I'll give it a shot.
So, what about Speed Grapher? I heard it was garbage...

I ordered both Season's of Get Backers, so I hope they're good.[/QUOTE]

Both Shuffle! and Speed Grapher are god-awful-terrible. Shuffle! has no reason for existing except for pedo T&A, and Speed Grapher is like a middle schooler throwing everything into an anime that he considers "edgy" and "cool", but the whole thing comes out as a laughable mess. Just fucking terrible, both of them.

Oh, and GetBackers has a couple enjoyable episodes, but most of it is forgettable, average action fluff.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Both Shuffle! and Speed Grapher are god-awful-terrible. Shuffle! has no reason for existing except for pedo T&A, and Speed Grapher is like a middle schooler throwing everything into an anime that he considers "edgy" and "cool", but the whole thing comes out as a laughable mess. Just fucking terrible, both of them.

Oh, and GetBackers has a couple enjoyable episodes, but most of it is forgettable, average action fluff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
but I'll try to get through Shuffle and Get Backers, and see what happens....

What would you suggest from the current sale?

I have Getbackers in my collection and i'll most likely sell it. It was a fun show in the end but compared to the wealth of good titles out there it comes up short.

A few i'd suggest and I can't wait to see Kirin Lemon's opinion on them

My-Hime (One of my all time favorites and worth seeing)
My-Otome (Not as good as My-Hime but enjoyable in its own right)
Kyo Kara Maoh! (Absolutely hilarious)
Goddanar (Crazy giant mech show but only for people who enjoy fanservice)
Jubei Chan 2
Sakura Wars
Star Ocean EX (Inferior to game but if your a fan of Star Ocean 2 you will enjoy the anime)

[quote name='Veronica Mars']
Anyone like Shuffle! ? I found the last two volumes at big lots, and wanted to complete the set during this sale.[/QUOTE]
Shuffle was bad. It starts out as a fun harem comedy, but after the first couple episodes the fun disappears. (Not really a spoiler, but I'll put it in spoiler for purists)
It turns into a weird drama where each character goes through some tragic event... it was hard to watch. I wish they would have kept the whole series fun like it was in the beginning.
I strongly advise to stay away from Shuffle.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']What about Get Backer's?[/QUOTE]
Get Backers is your standard fighting action series, probably aimed at young boys. I'm 25 and enjoyed it, but don't expect too much from the series.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']
I ordered both Season's of Get Backers, so I hope they're good.[/QUOTE]

Get Backers is one of those Shonen action-fighting type show that hits the female demographic with attractive young men, gags, and the occasional bit of comical crossdressing. I own it, it's a good show... it's not super-fantastic, but you defintely won't waste your time (if the above sounds good).

One of my Getbackers volumes is slightly defective- they didn't print the disc art on it. It looks like a 2-sided DVD, I always have to look it over to make sure I'm not holding it upside-down!

I've also seen a good chunk of Get Backers and agree with what others are saying about the show. It's a pretty average action show, although it's probably cheap enough to pick it up and enjoy it.

Oh yeah, thanks for the links to the review of Ouran, Raz. I'll probably just pick it up on DVD since it isn't a true HD show.

[quote name='Brian9824']A few i'd suggest and I can't wait to see Kirin Lemon's opinion on them

My-Hime (One of my all time favorites and worth seeing)
My-Otome (Not as good as My-Hime but enjoyable in its own right)
[/QUOTE]

I agree; My-Hime is fantastic, and it's another series that shattered my expectations. You're right in saying that My-Otome probably isn't as good as My-Hime, but My-Otome is still amazing. Mashiro and Arika are the best!

[quote name='lilman']Shuffle was bad. It starts out as a fun harem comedy, but after the first couple episodes the fun disappears. (Not really a spoiler, but I'll put it in spoiler for purists)
It turns into a weird drama where each character goes through some tragic event... it was hard to watch. I wish they would have kept the whole series fun like it was in the beginning.
I strongly advise to stay away from Shuffle.[/QUOTE]

What's with all these people and their bad taste? ;)

That's why I enjoyed it so much! It's entirely atypical — it doesn't use the typical harem cliches! Sure, it's perverted, but I thought the perversion was tastefully done (read: not insulting), and Shuffle shines with its dramatic and suspenseful moments — like I said before, it shattered my expectations.

It just seems like you are averse to
tragedies.

[quote name='Razzuel']I agree; My-Hime is fantastic, and it's another series that shattered my expectations.
[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed My-Hime as well. I never got to finishing the last couple episodes (it's in my backlog), but what I did watch was good.

[quote name='Razzuel']
What's with all these people and their bad taste? ;)

That's why I enjoyed it so much! It's entirely atypical — it doesn't use the typical harem cliches! Sure, it's perverted, but I thought the perversion was tastefully done (read: not insulting), and Shuffle shines with its dramatic and suspenseful moments — like I said before, it shattered my expectations.

It just seems like you are averse to
tragedies.
[/QUOTE]
(major Shuffle spoilers)
My problem with Shuffle was that it started out so light-hearted and fun and then it added in so much tragedy. You're right, I am averse to tragedy in anime, especially illness. I would have preferred the light-hearted nature of the beginning of the show to continue throughout the series. Oh well, I know other people enjoy this type of series, I just wish I would have known beforehand and I would have skipped Shuffle.

[quote name='lilman']I enjoyed My-Hime as well. I never got to finishing the last couple episodes (it's in my backlog), but what I did watch was good.[/QUOTE]

You didn't finish it!? I don't know where you stopped, but My-Hime becomes extremely captivating after a certain point; I had to know what happened next!

Did you stop because
My-Hime also becomes quite tragic?

[quote name='lilman'](major Shuffle spoilers)
My problem with Shuffle was that it started out so light-hearted and fun and then it added in so much tragedy. You're right, I am averse to tragedy in anime, especially illness. I would have preferred the light-hearted nature of the beginning of the show to continue throughout the series. Oh well, I know other people enjoy this type of series, I just wish I would have known beforehand and I would have skipped Shuffle.
[/QUOTE]

That's all right; everyone has their own preferences, and I can understand why you would be averse to those types of things. However, I love that type of stuff, so that's probably why are opinions are so vastly different.

[quote name='Razzuel']You didn't finish it!? I don't know where you stopped, but My-Hime becomes extremely captivating after a certain point; I had to know what happened next!

Did you stop because
My-Hime also becomes quite tragic?
[/QUOTE]
(super huge My-Hime spoilers)
Yes, I think that's why I stopped. I watched most of the series, and then it got to the point where the Hime were going to have to start taking each other out. For personal reasons I don't like watching any tragic anime right now (I used to like them), so for the time being I've been watching light-hearted, comedy, and action series. My-Hime was a quality series though... I will finish it some day.

[quote name='lilman'](super huge My-Hime spoilers)
Yes, I think that's why I stopped. I watched most of the series, and then it got to the point where the Hime were going to have to start taking each other out. For personal reasons I don't like watching any tragic anime right now (I used to like them), so for the time being I've been watching light-hearted, comedy, and action series. My-Hime was a quality series though... I will finish it some day.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, that puts everything into perspective now. Thanks for the explanation; I appreciate it.

Have you seen Best Student Council? Right Stuf is missing volume six, but the first five volumes are in the bargain bin, and each volume costs $4.49. I recommend it if you like school comedies.

[quote name='Razzuel']Ah, that puts everything into perspective now. Thanks for the explanation; I appreciate it.

Have you seen Best Student Council? Right Stuf is missing volume six, but the first five volumes are in the bargain bin, and each volume costs $4.49. I recommend it if you like school comedies.[/QUOTE]
Yes I've seen BSC. I didn't really care for it... I think was aimed at a younger, and female, audience. But that is the type of series I'm watching now: light-hearted, fun, and not too serious.

I just finished rewatching Ah My Goddess season 2, very enjoyable series. Most of the discs of season 2 are available in the current bargain bin sale. I think I'll rewatch Ai Yori Aoshi next.

[quote name='lilman'](super huge My-Hime spoilers)
[/QUOTE]

Without giving anything away, you really should finish it, like right this minute. And personally, I like some tragedy here and there, I don't know if anything makes me feel more for a character than seeing their hardship. And on-topic, this sale's killing me, but I'm so glad School Rumble season 2 got put in the bargain bin right before this.

Anyone notice the FLCL ost's are in the current bargain bin sale? I know this is a dvd thread, but the FLCL soundtrack (by The Pillows) is what helped make the anime so amazing.

FLCL OST 1 ($6.39): http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1irBnV40UEZla3GOrJ/browse/item/61254/4/0/-2337
FLCL OST 2 ($6.39): http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1irBnV40UEZla3GOrJ/browse/item/63243/4/0/-2337
FLCL OST 3 ($6.39): http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1irBnV40UEZla3GOrJ/browse/item/65586/4/0/-2337

I own all three of these and listen to them regularly. The third one is interesting as it includes repeat tracks with vocals, where as the anime had the vocals removed.

-Edit-
Some other good anime ost's in the bargain bin sale too, including R.O.D. the TV, the second Samurai Champloo album, the second Trigun album (the first one is better though), and some random Evangelion albums. They're in the "Other Merchandise" section of the bargain sale.

[quote name='lilman']Anyone notice the FLCL ost's are in the current bargain bin sale? I know this is a dvd thread, but the FLCL soundtrack (by The Pillows) is what helped make the anime so amazing.

FLCL OST 1 ($6.39): http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1irBnV40UEZla3GOrJ/browse/item/61254/4/0/-2337
FLCL OST 2 ($6.39): http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1irBnV40UEZla3GOrJ/browse/item/63243/4/0/-2337
FLCL OST 3 ($6.39): http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/1irBnV40UEZla3GOrJ/browse/item/65586/4/0/-2337

I own all three of these and listen to them regularly. The third one is interesting as it includes repeat tracks with vocals, where as the anime had the vocals removed.

-Edit-
Some other good anime ost's in the bargain bin sale too, including R.O.D. the TV, the second Samurai Champloo album, the second Trigun album (the first one is better though), and some random Evangelion albums. They're in the "Other Merchandise" section of the bargain sale.[/QUOTE]

I recall the Utena CDs being in there as well last time I checked.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Best anime soundtrack *ever*!![/QUOTE]
Better than FLCL soundtrack!? I'll have to check them out next time I place an order from Rightstuf.

[quote name='lilman']Better than FLCL soundtrack!? I'll have to check them out next time I place an order from Rightstuf.[/QUOTE]

By miles.

Disclaimer: I don't like FLCL's soundtrack one bit. Maybe it's fine on its own, but within the show I found it incredibly abrasive, like they just slopped random music over random scenes. Ugh, my head hurts just thinking about it.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I found it incredibly abrasive, like they just slopped random music over random scenes. Ugh, my head hurts just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]
What? You do know they set the FLCL animation to match the soundtrack, not the other way around. When the music slows down, the action slows down. When the music reaches a climax, the scene does as well. That's why the music fits so perfectly in FLCL.

It also holds up well outside the show. Oh well, to each his/her own.

Yes, agree on Utena. The FLCL soundtracks are catchy and addictive too. I never looked at the soundtrack section and didn't know about this. Thanks guys. Def getting Utena.....

Alright, Veronica Mars. I got the remastered Magic Knight Rayearth season one set in the mail today. I watched the first episode, I took pictures of the set itself, and I took screen captures from the first episode.

I thought that the show looked fantastic. The colors are sharp, the lines are well defined, and the animation is fluid. I am very pleased with the visual quality of the show, albeit I don't know how much of an improvement, if any, this is over the original sets. Also, this is irrelevant to the video quality, but I thought the first episode was quite good. Even though I only watched the first episode, I am already falling in love with the three main characters, Hikaru, Fuu, and Umi — I think Umi is my favorite so far. I'm very excited to watch some more episodes.

I took 81 screen captures — that should be more than enough to decide if there is a difference or not. :D

Here's a link to the album that has the box set pictures and all of the screen captures: http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/Razzuel/Magic Knight Rayearth Season One Remastered/

Let me know what you think!

For those of you that don't want to look at all of the beautiful pictures, here's a few of my favorites from the bunch:

[IMG-L=6373]14317[/IMG-L]

[IMG-L=6373]14315[/IMG-L]

[IMG-L=6373]14316[/IMG-L]

Note: CAG compressed the above images. The screen captures in my Photobucket album are uncompressed, and their resolution is the same as the video on the DVD.

[quote name='Razzuel']Alright, Veronica Mars. I got the remastered Magic Knight Rayearth season one set in the mail today. I watched the first episode, I took pictures of the set itself, and I took screen captures from the first episode.

I thought that the show looked fantastic. The colors are sharp, the lines are well defined, and the animation is fluid. I am very pleased with the visual quality of the show, albeit I don't know how much of an improvement, if any, this is over the original sets. Also, this is irrelevant to the video quality, but I thought the first episode was quite good. Even though I only watched the first episode, I am already falling in love with the three main characters, Hikaru, Fuu, and Umi — I think Umi is my favorite so far. I'm very excited to watch some more episodes.

I took 81 screen captures — that should be more than enough to decide if there is a difference or not. :D

Here's a link to the album that has the box set pictures and all of the screen captures: http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/Razzuel/Magic Knight Rayearth Season One Remastered/

Let me know what you think!

For those of you that don't want to look at all of the beautiful pictures, here's a few of my favorites from the bunch:

[IMG-L=6373]14317[/IMG-L]

[IMG-L=6373]14315[/IMG-L]

[IMG-L=6373]14316[/IMG-L]

Note: CAG compressed the above images. The screen captures in my Photobucket album are uncompressed, and their resolution is the same as the video on the DVD.[/QUOTE]

IMO, the colors are immensely brighter. I don't know about the lines, since I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the Pics.

I'm thinking of buying the following:

Air TV Vol. 1-4 + ArtBox
X TV Vol. 1-8
Lupin the 3rd TV Series DVD 3-Pack (Discs 1-3)
Tenchi Muyo: Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness
Initial D: Stage 1 DVD Box Set
Magikano DVD Bargain Bundle

I'm looking for recommendations, & am also wondering if the 3-Packs are the normal volumes shrink-wrapped or if its one case with 3 DVDs in it. I'm not to sure about Initial D & Magikano, probably looking to replace them with either Kurau, Gankutsuou, Le Chevalier D'Eon, or Utawarerumono.

Do you have a MAL account so we can see what you like?

Initial D is absolute shit, and everyone hates Magikano, so you can drop those right off the bat.

Gankutsuo is love, so there's your replacement.

The 3-packs are three DVDs.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Do you have a MAL account so we can see what you like?

Initial D is absolute shit, and everyone hates Magikano, so you can drop those right off the bat.

Gankutsuo is love, so there's your replacement.

The 3-packs are three DVDs.[/QUOTE]

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HarpNote

[quote name='Sako']I'm thinking of buying the following:
I'm looking for recommendations, & am also wondering if the 3-Packs are the normal volumes shrink-wrapped or if its one case with 3 DVDs in it. I'm not to sure about Initial D & Magikano, probably looking to replace them with either Kurau, Gankutsuou, Le Chevalier D'Eon, or Utawarerumono.[/QUOTE]

You must purchase Kurau!

[quote name='Razzuel']You must purchase Kurau![/QUOTE]
I'll look into it, but from what I've been hearing it seems to be an excellent show.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Oh, Jesus. We gotta get you on some good anime, STAT!

School Rumble season 1 ($17)
Getbackers season 1 ($15)
and Air/X/Gankutsuo

I'm assuming you want Lupin 3rd and Tenchi for personal reasons, so I'm not gonna drop them off the bat. But if they're just random picks, you don't need them.[/QUOTE]

I've already watched School Rumble, but I'll look into Getbackers & Gankutsuo.

Air and Gankutsuo are both series' that people should watch, and yet somewhat disappointing. It's almost hard to describe.

I've been watching Ouran High School Host Club on funimation.com and was thinking of getting the DVD's, and what do you know they discontinue part 1. Oh well.

[quote name='Sako']I'm thinking of buying the following:

Air TV Vol. 1-4 + ArtBox
X TV Vol. 1-8
Lupin the 3rd TV Series DVD 3-Pack (Discs 1-3)
Tenchi Muyo: Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness
Initial D: Stage 1 DVD Box Set
Magikano DVD Bargain Bundle

I'm looking for recommendations, & am also wondering if the 3-Packs are the normal volumes shrink-wrapped or if its one case with 3 DVDs in it. I'm not to sure about Initial D & Magikano, probably looking to replace them with either Kurau, Gankutsuou, Le Chevalier D'Eon, or Utawarerumono.[/QUOTE]

Like they said, Magikano's no good, but I can't really say whether or not Initial D is worth it. It starts off kinda slow and iffy, but the animation, pacing, and character development gets much better later on. Some people really find the designs off putting though and I can't blame them.

Gunslinger Girl, Chrono Crusade, Moon Phase, and Solty Rei are the best complete series at decent values I saw on there, so I'd recommend any of those. Utawarerumono's also good in my opinion, but they're missing a volume now it looks like, and Gankutsuou's worth watching once if only for the premise and art style.

[quote name='Sako']I'll look into it, but from what I've been hearing it seems to be an excellent show.[/QUOTE]

It is an excellent show — phenomenal even! I cannot stress it enough.

[quote name='the_punisher']I've been watching Ouran High School Host Club on funimation.com and was thinking of getting the DVD's, and what do you know they discontinue part 1. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
I'd say get it, I thought it was pretty good and the complete series is only $40 at TRSI. I'm waiting to find a good deal on the blu ray version.

[quote name='the_punisher']Air and Gankutsuo are both series' that people should watch, and yet somewhat disappointing. It's almost hard to describe.[/QUOTE]

I think the word you're looking for is depressing. Gankutsuo is the single darkest piece of art I've ever seen (but then again, look at the source material) and it's not all sugar and rainbows by the time the end comes around.

Never used My Anime List - prefer dvdaf as its better for organizing what I own, with different versions, price, etc. Figuire i'll post my link to share.

http://brian9824.dvdaf.com/owned/anime

Once again though if anyone is looking for a good title I highly suggest My Hime - The series is great and make sure to get the volume 7 box which is fantastic in its quality and design. Get Backers if your going to watch is enjoyable but your probably better off flipping it when your done. Its just one of those shows that you will probably never re-watch. I have to sell or trade my 2 boxsets of it I own.

[quote name='Brian9824']Once again though if anyone is looking for a good title I highly suggest My Hime - The series is great and make sure to get the volume 7 box which is fantastic in its quality and design. Get Backers if your going to watch is enjoyable but your probably better off flipping it when your done. Its just one of those shows that you will probably never re-watch. I have to sell or trade my 2 boxsets of it I own.[/QUOTE]
I agree on both counts, I regret getting the My-HiMe thinpak back when I could've gotten the big set, but at least I got the big My-Otome set. With regards to the sale, I managed to restrain myself and only picked up School Rumble Season 2, Afro Samurai, and non-bargain bin Azumanga Daioh to reach free shipping. Still hoping to find Gunslinger Girl and Chrono Crusade for lower.

Just wanted to let you guys know that they have a media-blast sale now and that all of you should get GaoGaiGar if you consider yourselves true Super Robot fans
it starts out slow but by the end of it (which wasn't translayed so you need to get GaoGaiGar Final somewhere else) it's better then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, G Gundam, Mazinger and many more Super robot anime

Aww, Magic User's Club is $40. If that was like $10 cheaper, I would be all over that. Don't try to talk me out of it, I've seen the whole show, and I loved it, in spite of all of the panty jokes

Oh man, Magic User's Club is worth every penny. I jumped on it for 60 long ago. I think it and Lodoss War were amond my first anime's I had ever seen.

[quote name='Gden']Aww, Magic User's Club is $40. If that was like $10 cheaper, I would be all over that. Don't try to talk me out of it, I've seen the whole show, and I loved it, in spite of all of the panty jokes[/QUOTE]

I love the original OVA, just not the TV series. First digital fansub I ever saw, in RealMedia format even! Good times.

I wish blu-ray anime was catching on better. It seems like everywhere I look it's expensive as hell and done quite shittly.

I wish they would do it right instead of being out for the money. Plus I'm hesitate now to buy DVDs since I like my blu-ray cases better, and if I can have a superior quality product I'd rather go that way.

Recently got all the witchblade volumes rightstuf had, but vol.5 didn't have the silver foil slipcover. They checked the warehouse and all their copies of vol.5 did not have the slipcover. Is it just their stock or was vol.5 of witchblade just released without the slipcover? The service rep called the site The Rightstuf, thought that was odd.

[quote name='Virsago']Recently got all the witchblade volumes rightstuf had, but vol.5 didn't have the silver foil slipcover. They checked the warehouse and all their copies of vol.5 did not have the slipcover. Is it just their stock or was vol.5 of witchblade just released without the slipcover? The service rep called the site The Rightstuf, thought that was odd.[/QUOTE]

Their stock. Every volume had a slipcover.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I love the original OVA, just not the TV series. First digital fansub I ever saw, in RealMedia format even! Good times.[/QUOTE]

The OVA is definitely better but the TV series had a few good moments. I would totally order this if I hadn't just spent $25 on beast wars the only season i didn't have. I actually used to have MUC years ago but sold it when I was in financial straits (I had the individual releases of the entire show)

[quote name='Gden']The OVA is definitely better but the TV series had a few good moments. I would totally order this if I hadn't just spent $25 on beast wars the only season i didn't have. I actually used to have MUC years ago but sold it when I was in financial straits (I had the individual releases of the entire show)[/QUOTE]

I bought volume 1 on VHS, waaay back when it first came out, for the sole purpose of getting a promo poster that it came with. I've still got it rolled in my closet somewhere... I later replaced that video with the DVD complete set. A good show. ;)

[quote name='Shinpachi']I agree on both counts, I regret getting the My-HiMe thinpak back when I could've gotten the big set, but at least I got the big My-Otome set. With regards to the sale, I managed to restrain myself and only picked up School Rumble Season 2, Afro Samurai, and non-bargain bin Azumanga Daioh to reach free shipping. Still hoping to find Gunslinger Girl and Chrono Crusade for lower.[/QUOTE]

Just came in to post more My-Hime love. The series was fantastic, and nothing like what I was expecting.

[quote name='lilman']Cool, Midori Days is in the current sale for $15:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/qzafWGcP94ChZYovFu/browse/item/70793/4/0/0

Fun and light-hearted title with a unique plot element (won't spoil it here, but you can probably guess it from the cover art).[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'd been thinking about making another order, so I'll give it a shot. I ended up getting Get Backers and a couple t-shirts, as well, to round out the order.

bread's done
Back