Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magikarp830']School Rumble OVA is TERRIBLE. I would skip it. No continuity to overall story, and it features the THIRD TIER characters - background people who are completely irrelevant to overall story. LAme.[/QUOTE]
School Rumble OVA is not as good as the rest of the series, but it's far from terrible. The problem is it includes scenes that were cut from season 1 so you're watching them out of sync. If you read the manga or have just watched season 1 you'll know where those scenes should have gone. It also includes an important plot scene that will help you better understand the end of season 2.

You should at least watch the first episode of the ova. The second episode is skippable but still ok.

With everyone getting Abenobashi as the blind box, now I'm hesitant to buy one too. I don't want to receive a series I already have. Maybe I'll point Rightstuff to MAL...

[quote name='Magikarp830']If anyone's interested, I can list the $5 and $10 stuff in detail.[/QUOTE]
Yes please! I like seeing what everyone else is getting. I've been thinking of making a similar order of only blindboxes, haha. This is a lot of fun!

[quote name='Magikarp830']I did an order of just blind boxes - 2 x $10, 4 x $5, and 10 x $1. Depending on what you want, you get different stuff for each denomination. Got DVD sets at $5 and $10, but I thought the $1 stuff was better! Got a couple of t-shirts (size L), 3 CDs (meh), 3 metal plate things (drawing pads or something? slightly scratched), 1 Armitage McFarlane toy, and 1 Stress ball character thing.

Not bad, but I was hoping for another mini-mouse pad! I got one in my last order... I wonder if I can make requests in a future order?

Anyway, best $10 I've ever spent! :lol: Random anime goodness!

If anyone's interested, I can list the $5 and $10 stuff in detail.
[/QUOTE]

The metal plate things are likely metal pencil boards (aka shitajiki), which released with some shows. What series are they for?

And yes, list the 5 and 10 stuff- I'm very interested in what people are getting!

[quote name='Razzuel']I just bought some stuff. I needed season one of School Rumble since I just bought season two from Best Buy, and I thought I might as well pick up two other things I've been meaning to buy.

• Kana: Little Sister
  • Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin DVD 1
  • School Rumble OVA
  • School Rumble Season 1
[/QUOTE]

Kana is a very well written eroge. One of my faves

[quote name='Virsago']It would be greatly appreciated if you could list them.;)

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Nerima Daikon Brothers DVD Box Set (Hyb)[/QUOTE]

Nerima Daikon Brothers is basically Blues Brothers the anime. I don't know about anyone else, but my wife and I love the show. Its a musical anime, and the dub is really well done. But, if you're a bit of a prude, then it may bother you because the first few episodes have some REALLY inappropriate content in them.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Kana is a very well written eroge. One of my faves[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been hearing, though I need to make some time for the ones I already own, haha. I have too much stuff that needs to be played or watched.

[quote name='Gden']Nerima Daikon Brothers is basically Blues Brothers the anime. I don't know about anyone else, but my wife and I love the show. Its a musical anime, and the dub is really well done. But, if you're a bit of a prude, then it may bother you because the first few episodes have some REALLY inappropriate content in them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks like I'll be getting it and a couple of blind boxes the next time I order from rightstuf.

Can anyone recommend me some buys from right stuf, i recently got back into anime and im looking for some action/ninja/samurai/gunplay anime or thriller (im not into pure comedy anime) im looking for some cheap sets or it can be expensive if its a complete set and good

to give an idea what i like

Claymore
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (havent seen the first FMA series, i wanna get it but dont wanna pay 50$ per set)
Dragonball Z
Bleach (looking for cheap complete seasons)
Kenshin (would kill for cheap sets)
Black Lagoon

And all the usual suspects (trigun, ghost in a shell, naruto etc)

also is naruto shippudden(sp?) better then naruto? like DBZ was to DB? i tried and tried to get into naruto watched about 60 episodes but couldn't get into it but a friend said naruto shipp is the DBZ of the series

Original FMA can be had in 4 sets @ $18.99 each at last check at the Right Stuf bargain bin.

Pick up the first set, see if you like it compared to (or in concert with) Brotherhood, and go from there.

[quote name='styl3s']Can anyone recommend me some buys from right stuf, i recently got back into anime and im looking for some action/ninja/samurai/gunplay anime or thriller (im not into pure comedy anime) im looking for some cheap sets or it can be expensive if its a complete set and good[/QUOTE]

Gankutsuou.

[quote name='styl3s']Can anyone recommend me some buys from right stuf, i recently got back into anime and im looking for some action/ninja/samurai/gunplay anime or thriller (im not into pure comedy anime) im looking for some cheap sets or it can be expensive if its a complete set and good[/QUOTE]

Kurau: Phantom Memory?

[quote name='styl3s']Watched a couple review videos and i was digging it and the art, what edition should i buy?

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/4cl=1J4ZBiCWhIl3bQ/browse/item/75275/4/0/0

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/4cl=1J4ZBiCWhIl3bQ/browse/item/82719/4/0/0

Both the same? if so ill get the first one, few dollars cheaper and big box, i prefer the bigger boxes to slim ones :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Buy the first one; it has beautiful packaging. And while you're at it, buy Kurau: Phantom Memory.

Yeah, get the first box set. That is a fucking beautiful boxset. I might get that as well. I watched all 24 episodes a few months back on Netflix Instant Queue and man I was blown away.

styl3s, if you don't mind some fluff and mecha, I'd say try Full Metal Panic. Also apparently the seasons of Full metal alchemist are coming out as viridian collections with an MSRP of $50 (well the first season is) in september. That low of an MSRP should bring down the price elsewhere. Also
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/B0XUitA8F1Tp=DaiE7/browse/item/86825/4/0/0
is pretty much the cheapest price for Rurouni kenshin. That's $1 per episode. Yeah its $95, but its still average of $31 per collection. Also, Busou renkin is a pretty awesome action anime from the creator of Rurouni kenshin, yes, I like it. Also on a random side note, does anyone else wish that a company would license rescue Record of Lodoss war? I already have it, but I'd love to be able to recommend it to people again.

I do like mech stuff if it has epic fights

as for the kurau phantom i watched a few videos and wasn't really digging it, i have about 150$ to drop on anime so i might snag the kenshin set and gankutuou, what is so special about kurau phantom? maybe im over looking something

[quote name='styl3s']what is so special about kurau phantom? maybe im over looking something[/QUOTE]

It's *good*, that's what you seem to be overlooking.

And fuck that Kenshin shit.

If he has $150 to spend he should be able to buy all three Kenshin Gankutsuo, and kurau. (since kenshin is like 93, gank is 20 and kurau is 30). And if he likes kenshin more power to him, although he could just get the first two seasons, the third season is shit. Hell, he could just get the second season since that's the best part, but at least 1st part is pretty good. Btw, rightstuf doesn't charge tax in most states, and shipping would be free. Btw, I can't speak for Kurau, but generally those two have trustworthy ops on anime. And I still say if you like epic mech battles, then try http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/OYCkIiLQ-dQAwf2u74/browse/item/88341/4/0/0 . Isn't FMP available to watch online? I just looked it up, its on funimation's video site, so you could always watch it on there, forewarning its subbed. I personally thought the dub was amazing, but I can be a little easy on dubs. (they have to be love hina-bad for me not to watch it in english). Btw, Kirin is the FMP blu-ray just a SD upscale? I imagine it is since the original season was from 2001-ish, but would like a confirmation or declination.

[quote name='Gden'] Also on a random side note, does anyone else wish that a company would license rescue Record of Lodoss war?[/QUOTE]

I was actually just thinking about that this past week. This was prolly one of the first anime I ever watched.

Rented it from a local movie rental place that carried a small selection of anime. Well actually most of their selection was hentai... and this.

Would love to have a copy of this even tho it's prolly not as good as I remember.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']How did so many places send out Toradora early, and rightstuf can't even send it out on time?[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from rightstuf and got it a couple weeks ago. Sounds like you just missed the 'first batch' shipment... which, according to what I've read for this show, means TRSI might have to scrape a bit to fill their orders. Give it time.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']How did so many places send out Toradora early, and rightstuf can't even send it out on time?[/QUOTE]

I got my Toradora and Persona early from Rightstuf. Came in last week, and I know people who got theirs 2 weeks ago.

I ordered a couple things from right stuff and I have no idea WTF USPS is doing with it.

Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, July 06, 2010, 9:20 am, MONTGOMERY, AL 36116
Sorting Complete, July 06, 2010, 8:50 am, MONTGOMERY, AL 36116
Arrival at Post Office, July 06, 2010, 5:36 am, MONTGOMERY, AL 36116
Processed through Sort Facility, July 03, 2010, 3:17 am, ATLANTA, GA 30369
Processed through Sort Facility, July 01, 2010, 7:44 am, DES MOINES, IA 50395
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 30, 2010
Shipment Accepted; June 30, 2010, 4:03 pm, GRIMES, IA 50111

Suppose to be sent to Georgia.

I got my order of $49 worth of blind box items today. I recieved the following:

$10
Taruto, Magical Meow Meow DVD Set (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/71832/4/0/0
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi DVD Perfect Collection (Tin) (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/75772/4/0/0

$5
Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/82088/4/0/0
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 1 (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/82096/4/0/0
Wedding Peach DVD Season 1 Collection (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/81792/4/0/0
Origin: Spirits of the Past DVD (Hyb) - Viridian Collection http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/84207/4/0/0

$1
Spider Riders Season 1 DVD Set (D) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/74980/4/0/0
Ninja Resurrection Original Soundtrack CD
A Last Exile mousepad
3 Elemental Gelade metal plates
An Armitage III figure
A Lupin the Third keychain
A stress ball

Overall, not to bad, but it would have been better if i didn't allready own both Saint Seiya and Eden's Bowy.

So the metal plates are the Elemental Gelade goodies.

Hey, um- would any of you guys getting those be willing to sell one? I only got 5 of 6 back when I bought the DVDs, I'd love to get the one I'm missing. (I'll get pics posted later of the 5 I have, for reference.)

Edit: the ones I already have. Apologizes for the first photo- I've got them in an album right now and had to turn off the flash to avoid a big glare on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gazero']I got my order of $49 worth of blind box items today. I recieved the following:

$10
Taruto, Magical Meow Meow DVD Set (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/71832/4/0/0
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi DVD Perfect Collection (Tin) (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/75772/4/0/0

$5
Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/82088/4/0/0
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 1 (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/82096/4/0/0
Wedding Peach DVD Season 1 Collection (Hyb) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/81792/4/0/0
Origin: Spirits of the Past DVD (Hyb) - Viridian Collection http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/84207/4/0/0

$1
Spider Riders Season 1 DVD Set (D) http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/=uxqLc9UbuB03snd4d/browse/item/74980/4/0/0
Ninja Resurrection Original Soundtrack CD
A Last Exile mousepad
3 Elemental Gelade metal plates
An Armitage III figure
A Lupin the Third keychain
A stress ball

Overall, not to bad, but it would have been better if i didn't allready own both Saint Seiya and Eden's Bowy.[/QUOTE]

DAAAAAAAAAMN GINA! Not bad really. I may place a blind order and try my luck.

EDIT: Wish me luck, did 2 10 dollar, 5 5 dollar, and 5 1 dollar blind boxes.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's *good*, that's what you seem to be overlooking.

And fuck that Kenshin shit.[/QUOTE]
watched a couple more episodes and still don't see whats "good" about it

and kenshin > _______

Just wanted to thank Razzuel
if he didn't get you to buy Kurau yet...you should
thanks to him I bought it and I love it
thanks

[quote name='styl3s']watched a couple more episodes and still don't see whats "good" about it

and kenshin > _______[/QUOTE]

I think it's quite clear now that you're the problem and not Kurau.

[quote name='Hamel']Just wanted to thank Razzuel
if he didn't get you to buy Kurau yet...you should
thanks to him I bought it and I love it
thanks[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! I'm glad you love it!

[quote name='Vincent_Core']In case anyone wanted to know Rightstuf now has a $25 blind box bargain item.[/QUOTE]

Tempting, tempting. /drool

[quote name='Vincent_Core']In case anyone wanted to know Rightstuf now has a $25 blind box bargain item.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see it yesterday, unfortunately. I might have went a little crazy and ordered one.

Got my blind box items today:
$5:
Eden's Bowy Complete Collection
Gurren Lagann Set 1
$10:
Those Who Hunt Elves Complete Collection
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Limited Edition Volume 1
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Complete Collection Metal Tin (Dented)

it seems like everyone is getting: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Complete Collection Metal Tin

for their $10 blind box which is a good thing, since I want that too.

I went for $100 worth of Blind Boxes. We will see what type of luck I have. :D

2 x $25
3 x $10
3 x $5
5 x $1

I figure anything I may already have, I can use for contest items on my website at some point.

Wow, I'll be interested to see what comes in those $25 blind boxes. I picture one of those expensive statues. The $10 are already full 26 ep series so the $25 has to be somehow bigger than that.

[quote name='Grico']Wow, I'll be interested to see what comes in those $25 blind boxes. I picture one of those expensive statues. The $10 are already full 26 ep series so the $25 has to be somehow bigger than that.[/QUOTE]

Could be Korean Dramas, as those go for $50 - $80.

Which is fine by me. :D

I'm kind of tempted to get the Zeta collection. but I'm afraid Bandai might announce a blu-ray edition of it sometime down the road.

[quote name='the_punisher']Haruhi Season 2- $38.99
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilman']Looking forward to Haruhi S2.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that it's worth it. 40 dollars and eight of the 14 episodes are identical, and it should also be noted that these episodes are going to be out of context, since they weren't the only episodes aired when they were aired. Last year, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was re-aired, and these new episodes were a part of that re-airing, so unless you make the effort, you're going to be watching these episodes out of context with the rest of the show, and I can't imagine that's going to help its already damaged state.

[quote name='Hamel']You are gonna get trolled[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know, "endless eight". Still want to see it.

I think Bandai mentioned that they need sales of S2 to be good in the west. Hopefully this will lead to production of (a better) S3 (if there is enough source material for it, I haven't checked out the Haruhi manga yet nor do I know much S1+2 have covered from the manga).

[quote name='Razzuel']I can't imagine that it's worth it. 40 dollars and eight of the 14 episodes are identical, and it should also be noted that these episodes are going to be out of context, since they weren't the only episodes aired when they were aired. Last year, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was re-aired, and these new episodes were a part of that re-airing, so unless you make the effort, you're going to be watching these episodes out of context with the rest of the show, and I can't imagine that's going to help its already damaged state.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll look into the correct ordering of the episodes before watching. I watch all of my anime on my nmt, so switching between dvd's isn't a problem. Or I might just rip each episode from the dvds and order them that way. I really liked S1 so I don't mind making the effort to watch more Haruhi.

bread's done
Back