Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magikarp830']Pink stress ball character - has a blue beak and a red Z on its chest. Not sure what series it's from or what...[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's gotta be Normad from Galaxy Angel... but as far as I know, no DVDs came with a Normad stress ball, and I don't recall one being sold on its own. In any case, I wish I'd gotten than instead of the soundtrack I did get. I love Galaxy Angel. :cry:

Ai Yori Aoshi is a super sugary sweet harem anime. I loved the show personally (not sure why), but I know it wasn't a big hit with a lot of people.

[quote name='kk012']^^Thanks for posting what you received for your blind boxes. I feel like putting in another Rightstuf order and pad it with some $10 blind boxes to get free shipping, but I don't know if I really want another Magical Shopping Arcade Adenobashi DVD set-haha.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts EXACTLY. I want more cheap sets... but if I got TWO Abenobashi... then it'd be like paying $20 for it... cause what would I do with a second??? :roll:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Oh, that's gotta be Normad from Galaxy Angel... but as far as I know, no DVDs came with a Normad stress ball, and I don't recall one being sold on its own. In any case, I wish I'd gotten than instead of the soundtrack I did get. I love Galaxy Angel. :cry:[/QUOTE]
YES!!! THANK YOU!!! That's it EXACTLY!!!
PM me your info and I'll mail you it. I don't need two! :lol:

[quote name='Brian9824']Ai Yori Aoshi is a romantic comedy series.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Gden']Ai Yori Aoshi is a super sugary sweet harem anime. I loved the show personally (not sure why), but I know it wasn't a big hit with a lot of people.[/QUOTE]
All I know is that it's a PC game... which I was kind of curious about. Seems a bit traditional and sappy from the graphics on the box... but we'll see.

[quote name='Gden']Ai Yori Aoshi is a super sugary sweet harem anime. I loved the show personally (not sure why), but I know it wasn't a big hit with a lot of people.[/QUOTE]
I liked it too, although it had more harem then I expected. The series starts off as a romantic slice-of-life comedy but quickly turns up the harem dial. It's light-hearted and fun, and I enjoyed both the original series and Enishi.

[quote name='Magikarp830']YES!!! THANK YOU!!! That's it EXACTLY!!!
PM me your info and I'll mail you it. I don't need two! :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you get a third one, can I have it!? :hot:

[quote name='bardockkun']Hated Ai Yori Aoshi. Just first few episodes alone that me and friends watched made us hope all the characters died in a fire.[/QUOTE]

Wait... so you DIDN'T like it? Just trying to understand you here... :roll: Haha!

[quote name='Chronis']If you get a third one, can I have it!? :hot:[/QUOTE]
If this other dude doesn't PM me, you can have his/her's? Or I can send you my first one. It's a little small for me, anyway, so I don't mind givin' it to you as long as you don't mind I opened it! He's cute, but I have too much stuff!!

[quote name='Rave Child']That's a low blow. :roll: Now I really want to try my luck again with a $25, since I definitely got the crappiest one so far, haha. Maybe next month after my bills get paid.[/QUOTE]
Wait, was that a low blow to YOU, personally, or to Gurren Lagann? :rofl: Cause, just so you know, I meant to insult Gurren more. But only a little more. :rofl:
I really wish they sent me something a little more grand.. I thought they'd put in a DVD set with built-in swag... like a free t-shirt or something. Some sets come like that now... For $25, I'm not sure it's worth taking the risk, if all you get is a random DVD set... :roll:

[quote name='Magikarp830']Wait... so you DIDN'T like it? Just trying to understand you here... :roll: Haha!
[/QUOTE]
Heh, what gave me away?

[quote name='Magikarp830']YES!!! THANK YOU!!! That's it EXACTLY!!!
PM me your info and I'll mail you it. I don't need two! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Really?! :bouncy: That's awesome of you- thank you!

Ugh, I won't be doing a $25 blind box again. That Mythical Loki set I got, is at $14 today on daily deal. I will have to agree with others who kind of got the shaft on those that they are not a good deal compared to the $10 and less blind boxes.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Ugh, I won't be doing a $25 blind box again. That Mythical Loki set I got, is at $14 today on daily deal. I will have to agree with others who kind of got the shaft on those that they are not a good deal compared to the $10 and less blind boxes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get it. They said that the blind boxes get incrementally better... but I really don't see that increment. For $25... I really thought they'd throw in some swag set... not just DVDs again.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Ugh, I won't be doing a $25 blind box again. That Mythical Loki set I got, is at $14 today on daily deal. I will have to agree with others who kind of got the shaft on those that they are not a good deal compared to the $10 and less blind boxes.[/QUOTE]

I agree I think the $10 and below blind boxes are better deals. I was somewhat happy with my $25 blind box, but not impressed with it.

Does anyone think that most of the the items sent for these blind boxes will eventually be showing up in the daily deals regularly?

ooooo, thanks for letting me know about it being on the deal of the day. snagged a copy for $16.99 shipped

[quote name='Magikarp830']Yeah, I don't get it. They said that the blind boxes get incrementally better... but I really don't see that increment. For $25... I really thought they'd throw in some swag set... not just DVDs again.[/QUOTE]

So far it looks like they are just doing one item per mystery box. With the fact 26 episode series sets are being given in $10 boxes it doesn't really leave much for $25 that would actually be significantly better. The $25 boxes should be 2.5X times ish better and they don't really have anything around that is that much better than box sets that sold for 60-80 already. The only thing I see would be some of the anime statues and things.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I really want Tenchi in Tokyo.[/QUOTE]

Throughout the course of human history, this is probably the very first time this sentence has been uttered.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I really want Tenchi in Tokyo. Anything else I should get?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Throughout the course of human history, this is probably the very first time this sentence has been uttered.[/QUOTE]

Tenchi in Tokyo wasn't SOOOO bad. It's actually pretty good by the time you get to the ending. Just a lot of BS before you get to good story. And come on... it wasn't half as bad as the new Ryo Ohki series! That series was just... an idiotic, incomprehensible mess.

[quote name='Magikarp830']And come on... it wasn't half as bad as the new Ryo Ohki series! That series was just... an idiotic, incomprehensible mess.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I will absolutely grant you that.

Just got my Rightstuf Blind Boxes...

$1 Blind Boxes:
2 X Ninja Ressurection CD (Total BS on this...)
Air Vol. 2
Ergo Proxy Vol. 1 (I don't need another copy...)
Galaxy Angel Z Vol. 3
Galaxy Angel AA Vol. 2,3,4
Sol Bianca The Legacy
Tenchi the Movie 2 The Daughter of Darkness

$5 Blind Boxes
Edens Bowy Complete Collection (Disc 5 looks scratched w/finger smudge)
Shinobi Double Pack

$10 Blind Boxes
Boys Be...
Chance Pop Session Complete Collection (already have the individual DVDs but whatever)
Gantz Season 2

Overall not bad for $50 but that Ninja Resurrection thing pisses me off. Double...ugh...so angry. Then another copy of ERGO PROXY vol 1...hate that too. Whatever, I'll probably order more $1 since I got mainly DVDs from that.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Throughout the course of human history, this is probably the very first time this sentence has been uttered.[/QUOTE]

Least he didnt say he wants to watch Love Hina in english.

I enjoyed Love Hina. I bought the Perfect w/movies a while back. The dub was horrendous but I managed. Kirin is usually dead on but can miss a time or two...

My three $10 blind box had...

-Chance Pop Session: Complete Collection
-Magical Shopping District Abenobashi
-Gantz Season 2

Overall I'm happy.

[quote name='Razzuel']What's with Right Stuf not having coupon codes for their sales anymore?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's a ploy to make us buy more stuff to get free shipping. Note the blind boxes appeared about the same time the coupon codes went away.

It's defintely a bit of a pain, but I suppose I can't blame them for wanting the $50 free shipping to actually cost $50, not '30-ish once you put in the code'. Plus, now I can pad studio sales with items I don't expect to go on sale soon (like Toradora) and use the catalog/got anime coupons every so often. That's kinda nice, I guess...

How often does RightStuf ship early with Bandai-related stuff? I've got Haruhi S2 preordered for $42 (With shipping), but I can get it at Borders.com for $31 with the coupon code they currently have (But I'll have to wait a few days before release until I actually receive the damn thing). I'm willing to shell out an extra 10 or so bucks if it means I get the DVD set a couple weeks earlier.

[quote name='DeepFriedAsian']How often does RightStuf ship early with Bandai-related stuff? I've got Haruhi S2 preordered for $42 (With shipping), but I can get it at Borders.com for $31 with the coupon code they currently have (But I'll have to wait a few days before release until I actually receive the damn thing). I'm willing to shell out an extra 10 or so bucks if it means I get the DVD set a couple weeks earlier.[/QUOTE]

It depends entirely on if the show's available early. When Scrapped Princess first released, for example, they had it ready for pre-release convention runs... but that meant TRSI got, and shipped, theirs early too.

Lately however, it's been a lot more common for Bandai to push back release dates- I wouldn't count on an early shipment at this point.

Those blind boxes actually seem to be ok. Maybe next time I order from them I'll give one a shot.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Tenchi in Tokyo wasn't SOOOO bad. It's actually pretty good by the time you get to the ending. Just a lot of BS before you get to good story. And come on... it wasn't half as bad as the new Ryo Ohki series! That series was just... an idiotic, incomprehensible mess.[/QUOTE]
No, TiT was complete garbage. The story was horrible and the animation looked like crap. Also it was 26 eps worth of trash. Sure the new OVA was garbage but at least it was brief. Honestly I'd rather rewatch all of the new OVA then ever see one ep of Tenchi in Tokyo again.

Dual! for 40 dollars.

I used to love that show back in Anime Unleashed. One of these days I should jump in on this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Dual! is more rare these days, but a couple years back I got each individual disc from Right Stuf for $3 - $5 in the Bargain Bin, though they didn't have them all in stock at once.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']It depends entirely on if the show's available early. When Scrapped Princess first released, for example, they had it ready for pre-release convention runs... but that meant TRSI got, and shipped, theirs early too.

Lately however, it's been a lot more common for Bandai to push back release dates- I wouldn't count on an early shipment at this point.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I just checked and S2 has been pushed back to September...
Might as well get it from Borders then, since I'll be in no rush to get it as I'll be back in class.

I really hope Bandai doesn't pull this crap for Disappearance :bomb:

Part of me is regretting not getting the Tenchi Universe box set for 20 bucks when it's available. Now I gotta wait for FUNI's jacked-up price version.

RS finally gave up on waiting for Kannagi to get in stock and mailed out the rest of my order (Ghost Hunt and some Stellvia). In a separate order Haruhi S1 is still oos and S2 was pushed back to September. Come on Bandai, if you want our money if you have to actually produce your product :p

[quote name='Devulture']Dual! for 40 dollars.

I used to love that show back in Anime Unleashed. One of these days I should jump in on this offer.[/QUOTE]
Don't tell me that I just missed another chance to pick this up from Rightstuf.

Because I just did. :bomb:

It'll hopefully pop up again within a month.

I picked up dual super cheap on eBay back in the day. I however do not have the box to hold them....but that is cosmetic I guess..I am running out of room buying all this anime. I would trade many of this anime I have for thin packs boxes just to save space.

[quote name='Sooku']If anybody wants to sell their complete Gurren Lagann, shoot me a PM. I don't really want to take the gamble on a $25. :p[/QUOTE]

Get it from Deepdiscount.com. Right now through the 2nd they have it for $23.98 with free shipping

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Haha, I will absolutely grant you that.[/QUOTE]
Really? I was sure you'd rant about how awesome Tenchi: Ryo Ohki was! :lol: It's not that it was soooo much worse than Tenchi in Tokyo, just that I couldn't believe they could match how bad Tenchi in Tokyo was! I expect people to make wrong turns from time to time... but to not learn anything???

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
No, TiT was complete garbage. The story was horrible and the animation looked like crap. Also it was 26 eps worth of trash. Sure the new OVA was garbage but at least it was brief. Honestly I'd rather rewatch all of the new OVA then ever see one ep of Tenchi in Tokyo again.[/QUOTE]
TiT (hahahha! Nice accronym!) was NOT complete garbage! I thought the characters were... well, really, we're talking about the ONE new character. And she was the most obnoxious new thing thrown in our faces... until you got to the end and it got kind of sweet/bittersweet. Maybe I just liked it better cause of how certain scenes resonated with me: the whole sitting by the phone and waiting for a phone call from a girl/guy? I just thought they captured a lot of emotional gold toward the end. I'll admit it was a trudge through sewage to get there, though.
Plus, the hell was Ryo Ohki about anyway? I could watch it 100 times and it still wouldn't make sense.

[quote name='Devulture']Part of me is regretting not getting the Tenchi Universe box set for 20 bucks when it's available. Now I gotta wait for FUNI's jacked-up price version.[/QUOTE]
Didn't FUNI re-cast Ryoko? See, I hate MOST Funimation dubs. Especially the DBZ ones... I really wish they kept the old DBZ voice actors from that Canadian studio...

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Just got my Rightstuf Blind Boxes...
$1 Blind Boxes:
Galaxy Angel Z Vol. 3
Galaxy Angel AA Vol. 2,3,4
[/QUOTE]
Kind of jealous you got Galaxy Angel!!! I would have loved at least one... would have gone nice with my TWO GA stress ballz, which I had no idea what they were until DuelLady cleared it up... You would THINK that they'd sort of match the stuff up.
Giving you TWO CDs that were exactly the same is LAME. Especially since ONE copy of that CD is probably insult enough! :rofl:
[quote name='DuelLadyS']I'm pretty sure it's a ploy to make us buy more stuff to get free shipping. Note the blind boxes appeared about the same time the coupon codes went away.

It's defintely a bit of a pain, but I suppose I can't blame them for wanting the $50 free shipping to actually cost $50, not '30-ish once you put in the code'. Plus, now I can pad studio sales with items I don't expect to go on sale soon (like Toradora) and use the catalog/got anime coupons every so often. That's kinda nice, I guess...[/QUOTE]
I have no idea what you just said. Probably just me, not being cool enough to understand. I've never seen coupons that knock a $50 down to $30! I've only seen $4 coupons. On orders of like $60+.
On a side note, isn't it just sad how Amazon makes absolutely no effort to match or beat these prices???

Just ordered:
Fist of the North Star: The TV Series DVD Complete Series Collection 1 (Hyb)
$5 Blind Box
$10 Blind Box

Hopefully I get Abenobashi like everyone else did...

[quote name='Magikarp830']
I have no idea what you just said. Probably just me, not being cool enough to understand. I've never seen coupons that knock a $50 down to $30! I've only seen $4 coupons. On orders of like $60+.
[/QUOTE]

It's not that the code gave you $20 off, you just got free shipping when you shouldn't. For example...

Old System:
2 $25 boxsets= $50=free shipping
coupon code= 40% off= $30, and still free shipping because you hit $50 before the code.

New system:
2 $25 boxsets+ 40% pre-applied= $30... but no free shipping becuase you didn't hit $50.

It's annoying, but it's not horrible, and it makes it easier to use the catalog coupons. Like when I placed my Toradora order- I matched it with a Yen Press sale since I couldn't make free shipping with Yen Press alone, and Toradora qualified for the $4 off coupon- not a great deal, but I did still beat the weekly specical price they have right now, so I think I did OK.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Depends how much you feel comfortable watching a story about incest - or at least, the desire for it.[/QUOTE]

Sooo.... its like Angel Sanctuary only slightly less creepy?

Apparently, Koi Kaze doesn't have any fantasy elements. Just a grounded controversial drama dealing with the relationship between an older brother and a young sister, and the age difference is astounding (brother = college student, sister = middle school).

[quote name='Devulture']Apparently, Koi Kaze doesn't have any fantasy elements. Just a grounded controversial drama dealing with the relationship between an older brother and a young sister, and the age difference is astounding (brother = college student, sister = middle school).[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Koi Kaze is a realistic drama about the relationship between a 27 year old brother and his 15 year old sister. The writing is phenomenal, and the characterizations are amazing. Yes it's about incest, but why should that stop you? There are plenty of other unsettling things in other shows that no one seems to be overtly offended by.

bread's done
Back