Rock Band and Star Trek team up for free DLC

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']So did nobody win again today? This contest blows.[/quote]

I actually just won twice today, and they're my first wins :)

The curse from the Pepsi point fiasco continues for me, maybe I'll sign up for a few more emails at the library tomorrow. Congrats to the winnars.

I still have nothing. My friend has won twice though. Congrats to those that won, hopefully I'll be joining you by the time April 21st rolls around...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']That's not correct; they just send you the redemption instructions for both PSN and XBL codes regardless of which one you win. XBL codes are 25 digits, PSN codes are only 12.[/QUOTE]

Well that's why I was wondering about it... But man those instructions are confusing as hell then. I figured there was no way they could coordinate with XBox Live and PSN to allow you to redeem a code on either (but presumably not on both) :lol:.

By the way, I also just won another this afternoon (same as Rosco906 - first time, both today). So I got one around 10:30 Pacific and another at 3:20 Pacific.

Mine are PSN codes by the way. After I read that it was for generic points/money I went with PSN since I still have a ton of XBL cards from the Target glitch a year ago or so. If it was strictly for songs I would have gone with 360 since I have all my other RB DLC there (though I did just buy a Rock Band bundle for PS3 at Blockbuster for $54.99).

Anyway, I don't feel bad at all about winning (twice) because apparently I missed out entirely on a few massive freebie XBL points promos that I hear people reminisce about all the time. And I got hosed on the Pepsi points thing (they expired on me without any warning - got no emails like everyone else did).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']People that won more then once have you won using the google 'dot' trick?[/quote]
I tried that, but I won on my original account only (only won once total).

I didn't win.

TITWIWTW.jpg

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']People that won more then once have you won using the google 'dot' trick?[/quote]

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is the "google 'dot' trick"?

Just won a second time in this contest apparently I won 2 days ago and I never checked one of my email accounts I entered with so I didn't know

[quote name='funkydunkleman'][email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

all show up as unique addresses in most entry forms.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are slightly incorrect? those are all unique addresses, but you arent gonna get the emails if you are [email protected] or [email protected] or anything.
Its the gmail "+" trick/

[email protected] (example)
gets emails sent to
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

i am pretty sure if you have dots in your email, its entirely different, thats why corporate emails are often first dot last @ company...

[quote name='Arakias']I believe you are slightly incorrect? those are all unique addresses, but you arent gonna get the emails if you are [email protected] or [email protected] or anything.
Its the gmail "+" trick/

gets emails sent to
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

i am pretty sure if you have dots in your email, its entirely different, thats why corporate emails are often first dot last @ company...[/quote]
Gmail isn't corporate email. It has BOTH of those aliases available.

[quote name='Arakias']I believe you are slightly incorrect? those are all unique addresses, but you arent gonna get the emails if you are [email protected] or [email protected] or anything.
Its the gmail "+" trick/

gets emails sent to
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

i am pretty sure if you have dots in your email, its entirely different, thats why corporate emails are often first dot last @ company...[/quote]

It's such a great trick. I use it when I want email to go to my main, non-spam account, but may want to stop receiving email at a later time. I can just delete any email that comes to [email protected]. It also works great for sorting or figuring out who sold my email address.

[quote name='louiedog']...figuring out who sold my email address.[/QUOTE]
That's the primary reason I use spamgourmet accounts and the "gmail tricks".

I won a code. Thanks OP! This along with the points I already had put me over 1600, so now I could get myself to 800 point games or whatever. Good times. Thanks again.

I just got my win notification email. I came in here to find out what the code does since I won't be able to plug the code in until later. Interesting that it's MSFT points, I thought it'd be something like a Star Trek themed RB song or whatever. Still good though.

posted this on the fat princess beta code topic as well, it's just that I haven't won a single code yet for the ps3 on here for the contest and need a few unused codes:

If anybody is really interested in my beta code that I haven't used yet I'll be glad to give it away for like 2 playstation codes to input on my playstation 3 from the rock band star trek contest if anybody has any unused; I just don't see myself really playing the beta anytime soon and pretty sure I'm already going to purchase the full version of this game when it is released. If anybody is interested send me a message on here though, I'm just sort of interested at the moment in downloading that Flower game from the psn store and all need a few of those playstation network codes to afford it right now.

[quote name='alpha064']I still got nothing.[/quote]

Ditto, I'm giving up on signing up more emails. I'll just check all of em at the end of the contest and hope for the best. Checking everyday and seeing a big goose egg sucks.

Wow. Three emails entered at the beginning of the thing, and I just got win notifications on all three! Did everybody else get hammered with wins tonight or was that just a crazy coincidence? 3/3 makes me think that most people who entered probably won, right?

bread's done
Back