Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

[quote name='dave17']this looks pretty awesome, but then again you could get a wii for close to the same price[/quote]

but you can't bang on a wii

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']but you can't bang on a wii[/QUOTE]

but... you can stand on a balance board..... and uhm........

I don't know about you guys but I really don't think $200 is THAT bad. I mean, it easily could of been ALOT more money. When you think about how much Taiko Drum Master was when it was first released, as well as GH and GH II, then the pricing really isn't TOO bad! Honestly, for peripherals they could of charged alot more if they really wanted to.

And in NO way should this game be compared to Steel Battalion just because of the price. This game has something called replay-value, which is something that dreaded mech game NEVER had. Though I will admit that controller was completely hilarious.

[quote name='dave17']this looks pretty awesome, but then again you could get a wii for close to the same price[/quote]

I want to play games, not buy exersise equipment. Nintendo has gone off in a path where most hardcore gamers are not going to follow.

[quote name='InuFaye']I want to play games, not buy exersise equipment. Nintendo has gone off in a path where most hardcore gamers are not going to follow.[/QUOTE]

So one game negates Smash Brothers, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid?

Also Amazon guarantees the lowest price on pre-orders. So if it drops in price any time before release even more, then you pay the lowest price. If it rises above $200, then you still only have to pay $200.

You can aways cancel before it ships if you have second thoughts or find it cheaper else where

[quote name='bassec']What do you use? Sticks made out carboard that cost $100 each? If you go through $300 a month in sticks, you need to seriously address your playing ability/style.

EDIT: Oh, and I play the real thing. I'll save my $200. har har. *another witty comment added* To make it this edit not totally worthless, I'm a jazz/rock bassist. I play upright and electric...been playing for, oh, 7 years now I'd say. Got into Berklee College of Music, awarded a scholarship, and then decided I need to make money at some point in my life, and chose to study Business at a state school. /gloat gloat gloat[/QUOTE]

its not me, my friend was in 2 bands playing tons of local shows and practicing..its an estimate of what he told me, perhaps on the high end :)

On the flip side, guitar picks and strings are a lot cheaper, although buying packs of strings .. and only breaking the high strings .. i still have E strings from like 15 years ago in the package

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']i'll go ahead and pre-order this for the drums alone. gotta wait until friday tho. payday :).

it's not a bad price imo.[/quote]

Amazon does not charge you until it ships.

I'm a bit skeptical of the drums since it's only the bass drums. I loved having 2 hats on the Drummania.

But hay, it's better than any other alternative at the cost. To get the full drummania experience i'd have to spend $600 for the yamaha DTXpress since I already have the games. But then again that would also net me a REAL drum kit for usage in addition to that so if I wanted to learn drums on the side also it'd be a real boon.

for now I think i'll just game though.

[quote name='King Bahamut']Amazon does not charge you until it ships.[/quote]

ah, even better :)!

are there any pics of what these instruments are gonna look like? i haven't really done any research and i'm at work.

EDIT: nvm...found some on wikipedia...here's for everyone wondering:

kinda disappointed that the drums don't have hi hats or symbols like an electric real kit would. whaaaaaaaaa! :'(!

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']ah, even better :)!

are there any pics of what these instruments are gonna look like? i haven't really done any research and i'm at work.

EDIT: nvm...found some on wikipedia...here's for everyone wondering:

kinda disappointed that the drums don't have hi hats or symbols like an electric real kit would. whaaaaaaaaa! :'(![/QUOTE]

Nope, like I said it's only bass drum. If you want to play with hats, maybe rockband 2 lols... or go play drummania in the arcade.

mmmmm
DS9XPSII.gif

Also remember those instruments are only prototypes. though the prototype for that drum kit looks pretty solid.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']
kinda disappointed that the drums don't have hi hats or symbols like an electric real kit would. whaaaaaaaaa! :'(![/quote] Prince's electric kit probably has symbols... Ohhhhh!

[quote name='Zoglog']Nope, like I said it's only bass drum. If you want to play with hats, maybe rockband 2 lols... or go play drummania in the arcade.

mmmmm
DS9XPSII.gif

Also remember those instruments are only prototypes. though the prototype for that drum kit looks pretty solid.[/quote]

Shit that thing is hot, son! I could go nuts on that thing.:bouncy:

[quote name='InuFaye']I want to play games, not buy exersise equipment. Nintendo has gone off in a path where most hardcore gamers are not going to follow.[/QUOTE]

And yet, my wife is in line for both this (Rock Band) and Wii Fitness... so...

[quote name='munch']So one game negates Smash Brothers, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid?[/quote]

Oh absolutely. And taking that logic further Eyetoy Kinetic negates God of War, GTA and Burnout.

See perfectly logical.

I went ahead and pre-ordered...I can always chicken out...but man I want to try those drums.

To think my wife laughed at me for GH. Wait until she sees this... :whistle2:$ :D

I went ahead and preordered with free shipping. I don't want to have to go to the store carrying all this out to my car lol

[quote name='vlv723']Once I found out that the Guitar Hero guitars are compatible, I cancelled and just got the Game+Drums[/QUOTE]
How do you know that? I dont' think it's been confirmed. ...or did I miss something?

[quote name='techstar25']How do you know that? I dont' think it's been confirmed. ...or did I miss something?[/quote] It's been confirmed with the Game Informer with Fallout on the cover. Only problem is that you probably can't pull off solo's on the GH guitar on Rock Band since the bottom frets are specifically tailored to solo's.

IGN says so.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/795/795310p2.html

IGN: Initially, there was some confusion as to whether Rock Band would work with the Guitar Hero controller. Can you lay those worries to rest for us?

Alex Rigopulos: We do intend to support 3rd-party guitar peripherals, including the Guitar Hero controllers, because this kind of interoperability is exactly what gamers want and expect. However, the Rock Band game is specifically designed for the official Rock Band Fender Stratocaster guitar controller, and we've introduced some very cool hardware innovations into this device.

Also,

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/807/807393p1.html

Electronic Arts has confirmed that the guitar from the 360 version of Guitar Hero 2 will work with Rock Band, and you can also use your Xbox Live headset as your microphone. So the only new peripheral 360 owners will definitely have to buy will be the drum set.

Though I am sure I remember hearing earlier that the XBL headset wasn't sensitive enough for Rock Band, so I dunno.

Here's the set I have at home while we are drooling about electronic drum kits.

ElecDrumsRolandVCustom.jpg

As far as the Harmonix kit, I would bet the leftmost pad is used as the hat.

[quote name='menikmati']...there are 4 drums and a bass pedal all in one unit. Drums should be more like $60-70 in the same vein as the DrumMania series drums.

+$10 on the game price because it's on the Xbox 360/PS3.[/QUOTE]
Well in that case I stand corrected

Does Amazon freeze the $200.00 for a few days? I'm getting nervous about EA announcing a higher price for this, and I'd like to lock-in that $200.00. Not enough that I can't pay one of my bills, however.

[quote name='yukine']Does Amazon freeze the $200.00 for a few days? I'm getting nervous about EA announcing a higher price for this, and I'd like to lock-in that $200.00. Not enough that I can't pay one of my bills, however.[/quote]

I don't think they do anything before shipping, but I could be mistaken.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']360 version is no longer available[/QUOTE]

Guess it's a good thing I bit the bullet when I did... ;-)

Yep, Amazon pulled both of them for now...I'm happy I put in a preorder for the PS3 one (although I've wondered whether I should've just got the 360 one for the achievements).

What, no Wii release? Dammit, I don't want to buy a PS3 or 360 for one game. :( I already bought a PS2 and Xbox that I only use for 2 games (DDR + Guitar Hero).

[quote name='Rictor']What, no Wii release? Dammit, I don't want to buy a PS3 or 360 for one game. :( I already bought a PS2 and Xbox that I only use for 2 games (DDR + Guitar Hero).[/QUOTE]

You know, that's a really good question. I would wonder about the amount of buttons needed, but I think there is enough. I'm sure it would sell rather well on the Wii.

[quote name='Rictor']What, no Wii release? Dammit, I don't want to buy a PS3 or 360 for one game. :( I already bought a PS2 and Xbox that I only use for 2 games (DDR + Guitar Hero).[/QUOTE]

Until they explain how they will handle downloadable content, I am set on a 360 version.

I wonder if Amazon pulling it means there's a pricing issue or if it's just an availability issue. I'm guessing the latter.

Wow, if it's that they took as many pre-orders as they think they can handle, then that bodes well for EA...

2 days ago it was ranked #10 in software sales (360 version) so I believe you are probably correct about them running through their presale number

bread's done
Back