Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

I assume everyone else is getting this, but I got a second e-mail that says it will be shipping "sooner than expected" - back to the original date. I never approved the 2008 change, which is now gone, and the new change does not require approval. So it looks like our orders are safe without us doing anything.

roc's feather;3400249]Man.... I know every other post says this said:
by visiting this survey site[/url] ] .

*the extra $5 is from winning from Blingo*

by the time Rock Band is released, i should have about $160+ in GCs.
~$40 for the Rock Band bundle? eff yah!

Also helps to be a trial/member of Amazon Prime to get free 2 day shipping [ or $4 overnight ].

I havent receivved the second email either. Interestingly i preordered both the ps3 and 360 version and only the 360 ever showed that it was delayed. That might be why some of us got the email and some didn't. For those of you who didnt get the email, what system did you order on?

The GH vs RB debate really comes down to if you want the full band experience or just guitar. GH3 has online play just the same as Rock Band and will have downloadable songs as well. GH3 also seems tuned to have more of a game feel now (ie face offs etc where there are power ups and attacks to use/send to your opponent to give you the edge). It also has bosses etc in the single player career. RB seems to have the classic feel from gh 1 and 2 and has a mic and drums as a playable instrument and even 1 on 1 drum offs. Both have pros and cons and once they come out will probably play very differently for games with the same roots.

[quote name='McNutsack']Roc's Feather is taking his minimum wage out on us.

I've never understood the Guitar Hero vs Rock Band debate.
Arent they essentially the same game, except Rock Band has more instruments , an online community, and future proof content to download and keep experiencing?

....Or...?

What's the difference that makes GH3 the better choice?
Assuming we could just buy a guitar for rock band instead of everything.[/quote]

Holy crap. I wasn't even considering getting rock band and I'm tempted by this.

All I know is this stuff is gonna sell out quick. Better get in while you can, CAG's.

Kick ass find by the way, OP.

I already have it preordered, doesn't Amazon offer you the low price guarantee no matter what you preordered it for? My account isn't updated to reflect that new cost though. Interesting. Any ideas?

Luis, Amazon does have the low price guarantee but I'd still recommend you cancel your previous order and then place another order at the $170 price just to be sure. Amazon makes it VERY easy to cancel orders prior to shipment.

does the wireless gh3 360 guitar work with this?

im really tempted but spending so much on this would put me on a completely new nerd level.

are there pics of how much space is required for everything?

[quote name='Corvin']great price, but still a no-sale with a wired guitar included.[/quote]

Just sell the guitar contoller you get with this deal, then buy a wireless. You still save!:applause:

[quote name='Teqonix']I was under the impression that the PS3 version of Rock Band included a wireless guitar. Is this not the case?[/QUOTE]

PS3
Product Description
Rock Band Special Edition - includes software, WIRELESS guitar, drums, mic

Xbox 360
Product Description
Rock Band Special Edition X360 - includes software, WIRED guitar, drums, mic

thx.. i preordered.. i can always cancel it..

edit- whoa! the ps3 one has the wireless included... thats kinda gay compared to the 360 bundle

if the gh3 wireless works with it then i wont care as much.. if not then i may switch

Interesting-- I just re-ordered and the estimated delivery date for the new order is 12/3 -12/8, but the original is 11/27-11/28. Maybe this is the 2nd shipment?

I think I'll email and see if they'll drop the price on my original order, and then cancel the new order, just to be safe.

Hmmm I dunno, could be a price mistake.

And the low price guarantee DOES NOT apply to price mistakes.

Alot of people got shafted when Amazon had Rainbow 6 Vegas for $39.99 brand new. They had this pre-order price listed at $39.99 for over 1 month. When it came time to ship, they sent out emails saying the price was incorrect and to continue shipping, I had to agree to the fixed price of $59.99.

I called to inquire and they said the price guarantee does not apply to price mistakes. They would not budge.

This is not the first time Amazon has pulled this "trick" and this certainly will not be the last time either.

This is exactly what I was looking for. With 2 wired GH II guitars in my arsenal I wasn't sure if this package was worth it. This cinched the deal for me.

Thank you, OP.

holy shnikes!

I was actually planning on buying all the components seperately since I wanted the wireless guitars ($80x2 wireless guitars + $80 drumset +$30 mic + $60 game = $330 total). But for $170 + the cost of a second guitar, I went ahead and pre-ordered this bundle anyway in case this was a price mistake.

Perhaps with official pricing expected next week it's cheaper than we originally thought?

Even though I have Rock Band, the Guitar and Microphone pre-ordered locally I might jump on this.

I'm not sure if I would classify this as a "trick" ... It's only fair that they make good on pricing mistakes, but expecting them to price-match them as well seems like over-reaching to me.

[quote name='swy81']Hmmm I dunno, could be a price mistake.

And the low price guarantee DOES NOT apply to price mistakes.

Alot of people got shafted when Amazon had Rainbow 6 Vegas for $39.99 brand new. They had this pre-order price listed at $39.99 for over 1 month. When it came time to ship, they sent out emails saying the price was incorrect and to continue shipping, I had to agree to the fixed price of $59.99.

I called to inquire and they said the price guarantee does not apply to price mistakes. They would not budge.

This is not the first time Amazon has pulled this "trick" and this certainly will not be the last time either.[/quote]

I don't think this is a price mistake. Since they have the original price up there and having the amount you save (15%) listed I think they are just having this at a lower price to drive up sales.

on the old mixup with the $39.99 R6: Vegas was this also the case swy81? I'm just not that familiar with how Amazon's system is set up for prices.

I don't think I'm gonna pick this up (mainly just because of the big price and how I just got Legendary of Halo 3....but I hope you guys get it delivered for the 170 price.

cancelled my old order and re-ordered.

uhm, anyone notice that the 2 day shipping ships quicker than the 1 day shipping........ wtf?

just called amazon, they corrected the price on my original order :)

pawn: I think it could very well be, but the gamestop price neglects to mention they tack on an extra ten bucks cause of the 'size and weight' of the package, in addition to the cost of shipping AND sales tax, whereas amazon has free shipping, and free two-day if you're an amazon prime member like myself :D

Price is not a mistake. Goto ebgames and search for it. It says $199 up front but when you click on it, the price is $169 just like amazon. mebbe they dropped the priced.

fsuddin

Hey guys,
This isn't a price mistake. I just checked out the price for the bundles on ebgames.com and they've been updated as well ($169.99). Make sure you click on the actual product to get the new price.

I'm happy about the price drop on the bundle but I'm disappointed that the wireless is not included anywhere. Now one's gotta decide whether to buy the bundle with the wired guitar for $170, or to buy everything seperately (including a wireless guitar) for $230.

I have to pay $60 more dollars to upgrade from a wired guitar to a wireless on the 360? :cry:

pass.

it's still a crapload of money to pretend that you are a rockstar.

although i would consider it if it included leather pants.

Hmm, my friend works at Gamestop and said he'd give me 15% off of it long as he gets to play it too... DAMMIT! It's like they knew I was going to cancel the preorder because of the mediocre track listing and they pull this! GODDAMMIT! I SURRENDER! YOU HAVE MY MONEY HARMONIX!

AWESOME!

The RB Semi is outside my work right now, so this came perfectly.

No picking up, and this will be a hot item no doubt.

Sweet, now I don't feel so bad about buying it.

I just need to figure out which version I want, PS3 or 360?

I pre-ordered both, regardless. One of them will be cancelled.

Alright, so I already have a guitar for the 360 and the only instrument I want is the drums. I remember a while back they were saying that they were going to sell the drums separately for $80. If I bought that and the game it would be $140 which is better than $170. Does anyone know that this "buy drums separately" idea has been confirmed for Rock Band? If so then I'll pass on this.

bread's done
Back