Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i found my first major disappointment with Rock Band...Band World Tour. I sold my drum kit and mic because i never used them. Can't play BWT online and i have no desire to play with anyone nearby...so there goes roughly 25% of the game.

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, i found my first major disappointment with Rock Band...Band World Tour. I sold my drum kit and mic because i never used them. Can't play BWT online and i have no desire to play with anyone nearby...so there goes roughly 25% of the game.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just buy the standalone game then? The guitar that comes with Rockband is the worst of the guitars anyway.

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, i found my first major disappointment with Rock Band...Band World Tour. I sold my drum kit and mic because i never used them. Can't play BWT online and i have no desire to play with anyone nearby...so there goes roughly 25% of the game.[/quote]Make that 75% of the game.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Why didn't you just buy the standalone game then? The guitar that comes with Rockband is the worst of the guitars anyway.[/quote]
Well, i tried everything at first, but realized that i didn't like the drums and mic after having the kit for a few months.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Which Doolittle song is the one with the obscenely easy drum chart?[/quote]

I believe that would be Silver, definitely the simplest Doolittle song on drums.

[quote name='GamerChris']wow, plenty.[/QUOTE]

Once you hit 1,000,000, the fans come rolling in. We did one set list after that, and it gave us 300,000

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: I'm stuck on the same exact songs on guitar AND drums. Same difficulties as well.[/quote]

Haha, we are one in the same. I actually did just beat Vasoline on Hard, but then I got raped by pretty much every other new song; I struggled through Go With the Flow and skated by. I did beat Enter Sandman on Expert drums though.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I've never been that great at the guitar. I only played through the first 4 Guitar Hero games on Medium, but with the new RB guitar, I've actually been able to work on the Hard career. There were a few sticking points, but now I think I might be permanently stuck on Enter Sandman. I only make it to about 23-25% before failing out.[/quote]

I used to think I'd never be able to play hard mode. That was back when I got Guitar Hero 2 of course, but after a whole lot of practice, guitar is fairly easy to me. You just gotta keep at it; if you own Guitar Hero 3, try playing the harder songs on Medium and then some of the easier ones on Hard. Once you can play those, you can basically breeze through Rock Band.

[quote name='seanr1221']BWT question. My friend and I have maxed out our fans on hard. Can we keep playing to unlock the endless set list and get in the hall of fame and such?[/quote]

I got to the Endless Setlist on Medium with like 580,000 fans. I just wish my friend had the balls to play through it with me.

I wanna get the Pixies album, but I'm tapped on points. Anyone want to sell me a cheap 1600 card? ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks Chris. Does 1,300,000 fans sound like enough?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, you have to finish the Hall of Fame gig in Moscow before Endless opens up as well.

[quote name='eastx']Why not?[/quote]
None of my friends have the game, and i honestly just wanted to play the BWT solo Guitar...but oh well.

They took out the marijuana reference in Gouge Away even though they let that Grateful Dead song slide with...

Casey Jones
Driving that train
High on cocaine

:whistle2:|

I wish they would take advantage of that recent ESRB rule that said that the DLC could be rated individually from the game and release both original and edited versions of the DLC.

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, i found my first major disappointment with Rock Band...Band World Tour. I sold my drum kit and mic because i never used them. Can't play BWT online and i have no desire to play with anyone nearby...so there goes roughly 25% of the game.[/QUOTE]
I've played for hours and hours and have barely touched world tour. I don't see the appeal of being forced through songs you don't like to get "fans" and "money." I guess if you love Achievements...

[quote name='Mojimbo']They took out the marijuana reference in Gouge Away even though they let that Grateful Dead song slide with...

Casey Jones
Driving that train
High on cocaine

I wish they would take advantage of that recent ESRB rule that said that the DLC could be rated individually from the game and release both original and edited versions of the DLC.[/quote]

I sent Harmonix an email about this. I'm pissed. I'll let you know if they respond.

[quote name='Mojimbo']They took out the marijuana reference in Gouge Away even though they let that Grateful Dead song slide with...

Casey Jones
Driving that train
High on cocaine

I wish they would take advantage of that recent ESRB rule that said that the DLC could be rated individually from the game and release both original and edited versions of the DLC.[/quote]
Wow.

I guess it's okay when crazy hippies do it.
That's pretty stupid.

EDIT:
Is it just the preview that edited or is the song as well?
And yeah, I realize the preview for the Dead song is the cocaine part. :)

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I sent Harmonix an email about this. I'm pissed. I'll let you know if they respond.[/QUOTE]

:lol: The outcome of which may be them putting up an edited version of Casey Jones.

I'm not a Pixie's fan but if I were to download just one song from the album which one would you guys recommend? I just want something new.

Here Comes Your Man is so awesome: It's the most catchy and accessible to non-Pixies fans. It isn't that hard, aside from vocals, but it's a great song that's fun to play.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm not a Pixie's fan but if I were to download just one song from the album which one would you guys recommend? I just want something new.[/QUOTE]

From a gaming standpoint, my rec would probably be "No.13 Baby". It's the longest song on the album and has some fast guitar on it.

i second "here comes your man" as the most notable for a non-pixies fan. honestly, i never saw the big deal about the pixies until i saw them in concert.

others i'd recommend if you're not a huge fan would be:
monkey gone to heaven
debaser

I picked up Debaser and Gouge Away. Both are fun enough and pretty easy. Might pick up Here Comes Your Man, La La Love You and No.13 Baby down the line. I actually heard La La Love You in a Gap store awhile back, so apparently that's been "mainstreamed" somewhat.

Finally beat effin' Ride the Lightning on expert guitar last night. Last song I had never been able to tackle. That solo is insane :(

As far as BWT is concerned, once you get 1 million the fans do indeed come rolling in. My roommate and I play a couple hours a week and we're up to like 35,000,000 after hitting a million maybe a month ago.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: The outcome of which may be them putting up an edited version of Casey Jones.[/quote]

Here's the email I sent:

Hey there,
I just wanted to ask why Harmonix decided to censor the Pixies' song "Gouge Away" in Rock Band? The word "marijuana" was removed from the song. Yet The Grateful Dead's "Casey Jones" remains unedited, which speaks of driving a train...while high on cocaine. Any particular reason on why you've decided to edit one and not the other? It would be very much appreciated if you could get back to me on this matter.
Thanks!
p.s.
don't go editing Casey Jones

:lol:

They won't edit Casey Jones, that line's too iconic.

It's possible (albeit not too much) the censorship is the label's fault. Not like Doolittle had radio edits, but I think that's why This Ain't A Scene was edited.... that's how the radio cut is.

But I don't know anything for sure so really I'm just wasting a post. Yay!

I found the Pixies album to not be as fun as I thought it would be, weird usually DLC is more fun than I think it will be. It's still alright though. Not sure how fun it will be to do vox with all those talkies.

The marijunana censorship thing really chaps my hide too, what a stupid decision.

I previewed all the pixies's songs and didn't think the songs were all that great, plus the fact that so many were so low in the difficulty department was a bit of a turn off.

Oh well, hopefully the next album is worth buying.

[quote name='Charron']They won't edit Casey Jones, that line's too iconic.
[/QUOTE]

I think it is a case of demographic. How many young kids are going to d/l the Dead? Plus, they are known as a druggie-hippie band. i.e. you know what you're getting into.

I still haven't been able to successfully download Doolittle... tried Tuesday night, Wednesday night, and this morning, and keep hanging around 18%. Grrrr!!!

So, speaking of censorship, did they also censor "got bummed on Thorazine"?

I got a reply for Hamonix today:

Hey Dominic, A variety of factors go into decisions on censoring lyrics. Contexts for the words themselves vary from song to song, different bands and different labels have differing requirements when it comes to radio edits. Because we are a T for teen game, the ESRB requires that all of our content fall in line with that rating, and how the various lyrics are interpreted contextually has a lot to do with what we’re required to edit. Hope that answers your question, --Alex Harmonix Community Team

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I got a reply for Hamonix today:

[/QUOTE]

I don't know in what context the marijuana reference is used in the pixies song, but the grateful dead being "high on cocaine" I don't see how else a marijuana term could be used that would be more to the point then that.

Yeah, I mean everything that Alex said is true, but that's still no justification for Marijuana being cut out. They need to patch that back in, it was a bad decision.

[quote name='dallow']Reply back saying that isn't the case anymore and that DLC can be rated differently from the main game.[/quote]

Do you know where on the ESRB site it says this? I can't seem to find it at the moment and would love to press the issue further.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']What did they put in place of the Marijuana reference?[/quote]

It sounds like, "some MAR-------"

[quote name='mr ryles']I don't know in what context the marijuana reference is used in the pixies song, but the grateful dead being "high on cocaine" I don't see how else a marijuana term could be used that would be more to the point then that.[/quote]

I believe the Pixies' song speaks of attempting to acquire marijuana as opposed to the Dead song where someone is already high on cocaine.

Good news on the warranty front, apparently they have listened to our complaints:

Harmonix and MTV Games have always, and will always, remain open to fan feedback about your experience with Rock Band. This feedback is crucial to our development, as it allows us to provide you with the ultimate rock experience and meet your needs as members of the Rock Band community. Thanks to your feedback, we have decided to extend our previous practice of not requiring a proof of purchase until October 1. 2008. This change will go into effect Monday, June 30th, 2008.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58623

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back