Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow,this one looks good...

2d7tu9e.jpg

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/885/885168p3.html

If they tweak the strum bar to be a little better, I'm all over this one. I like the RB guitar frets more than the GH Les Paul ones.

don't really like any of the new songs, but hell for 80 points, they're good enough to bulk up the library. Plus I imagine when friends come over to play they will have heard of Papa Roach and Trapt.

[quote name='thrustbucket']If there are 60+ half decent new songs and fixed BWT online, that's enough to justify the $60 for me.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much same here. Custom setlists is big on my want list though so I don't have to scroll through the song list after every song I play.

[quote name='Corvin']Pretty much same here. Custom setlists is big on my want list though so I don't have to scroll through the song list after every song I play.[/QUOTE]

For the love of god please.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']How about Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary album,
[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, but it won't sell like the trash out today.

The Who live tracks are from the album "Live at Leeds", which is widely considered to be one of the best live albums of all time. These songs are gonna be a blast to play. The live version of "My Generation" is 15 minutes long, though, and will be edited down apparently.

On the other hand, I've never heard of “Leaving Here” and “Real Good Looking Boy”... and can't even find them on any Who albums. I found "Real Good Looking Boy" on youtube, and it's quite a good song. Does anyone know where these come from?

I've heard probably 1/2 of these, but I'm going to get the whole album, I'm sure they'll all be quality songs and a blast to play.

[quote name='gorgo']The Who live tracks are from the album "Live at Leeds", which is widely considered to be one of the best live albums of all time. These songs are gonna be a blast to play. The live version of "My Generation" is 15 minutes long, though, and will be edited down apparently.

On the other hand, I've never heard of “Leaving Here” and “Real Good Looking Boy”... and can't even find them on any Who albums. I found "Real Good Looking Boy" on youtube, and it's quite a good song. Does anyone know where these come from?[/quote]

I believe its from their 2nd to last new album (cant think of name right now), but its a great song

[quote name='gorgo']The Who live tracks are from the album "Live at Leeds", which is widely considered to be one of the best live albums of all time. These songs are gonna be a blast to play. The live version of "My Generation" is 15 minutes long, though, and will be edited down apparently.

On the other hand, I've never heard of “Leaving Here” and “Real Good Looking Boy”... and can't even find them on any Who albums. I found "Real Good Looking Boy" on youtube, and it's quite a good song. Does anyone know where these come from?[/quote]

The Who recorded Leaving Here when they were known as the High Numbers in 1965. It is actually a Motown song from the same era. LINK Pearl Jam covers this song all the time and there are a ton of versions of it on YouTube. Here is a decent version of it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-m_9KWWwxs[/media]As for the contents of the Who pack, Big Win in my book. Love the songs. Will be an instant download for me! :bouncy:

Dang, I wish I liked The Who more, I'm not even what'd you'd call a small fan.
I can respect them but I wish I were more excited about it since they're of my era (not to mention British).

[quote name='Corvin']Pretty much same here. Custom setlists is big on my want list though so I don't have to scroll through the song list after every song I play.[/QUOTE]

I think that will probably be included. There was a 'feature request' list on the RB forums for a long time and I put in a request for custom setlists. They have said the devs were looking at that thread and addressed pretty much everything in there....and this one is pretty easy so I would guess it will be in there.

Not trying to take credit or anything, clearly it's an obvious idea ;)

Wait they chose songs from The Who with no Keith Moon? Why???

Not that I still won't buy the whole thing...

[quote name='thrustbucket']If there are 60+ half decent new songs and fixed BWT online, that's enough to justify the $60 for me.[/QUOTE]

Bingo, if it has good set list I'll pick it up. If not then I'll wait till I can find a deal on it. For 60 bucks that about 30 DLC songs. If the disk has close to that amount I'll pick it up.

One huge plus it this means that RB will get more songs for at least another year. If it's just 3 songs a week that's like 150 songs minimum.

[quote name='porieux']I think that will probably be included. There was a 'feature request' list on the RB forums for a long time and I put in a request for custom setlists. They have said the devs were looking at that thread and addressed pretty much everything in there....and this one is pretty easy so I would guess it will be in there.

Not trying to take credit or anything, clearly it's an obvious idea ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: I don't care. I posted a pretty lengthy list of wants over there a while back, as well. Regardless of where the idea(s) originated, I just want to see them in the game.

However, I will have to take credit for a "Getting the band back together" achievement if there is one. ;)

Heres the shot of the leaked songs
rock_band_2_tracks.jpg

Stoked for Chop Suey. Singing that will be a blast. Its also great that the shop interface is going to be used in the actual game now. The current one is just too big compared to the shop's look.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Heres the shot of the leaked songs
rock_band_2_tracks.jpg

Stoked for Chop Suey. Singing that will be a blast. Its also great that the shop interface is going to be used in the actual game now. The current one is just too big compared to the shop's look.[/QUOTE]d'oh... guess I didn't need to buy "All The Small Things." At least it was on sale.

Or who knows, maybe that particular screenshot is showing some DLC lumped in with the disc tracks.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Or who knows, maybe that particular screenshot is showing some DLC lumped in with the disc tracks.[/QUOTE]

That's what I would think.

Quick question, can I use my guitar hero 3 wired guitar for rockband on the 360?

i remember there was something about backwards compatibility... thanks!

[quote name='naiku']Quick question, can I use my guitar hero 3 wired guitar for rockband on the 360?

i remember there was something about backwards compatibility... thanks![/QUOTE]

yes, you can. only on the xbox 360 though, this doesn't work on the wii/ps3.

I got Rock Band recently and have been loving it until I got to Green Grass and High Tides on medium. This song can go to hell. I've tried some of the songs past it on medium since I had unlocked them on quick play and they are no where near as difficult. I hate that damn song.

[quote name='slickkill77']The ones with stars are DLC. They said DLC will work across one and two[/QUOTE][quote name='CouRageouS']It has to be just on there as DLC. It has a different icon next to it and so does More than a feeling.[/QUOTE]ah, well that's a relief. It would have been incredibly boneheaded of them to put DLC songs on the RB2 disc. It would give people a reason to second-guess their DLC purchases. Well, glad to hear that's not the case!

[quote name='deszaras']I got Rock Band recently and have been loving it until I got to Green Grass and High Tides on medium. This song can go to hell. I've tried some of the songs past it on medium since I had unlocked them on quick play and they are no where near as difficult. I hate that damn song.[/QUOTE]

Try playing it on expert. Then you'll REALLY hate it, although I have a tremendous amount of respect for the guitar player actually doing the solos.

[quote name='GamerChris']Try playing it on expert. Then you'll REALLY hate it, although I have a tremendous amount of respect for the guitar player actually doing the solos.[/quote]

I haven't tried it on guitar, I've been playing drums. I'm sure it's just as exhausting on guitar.

I heard a rumor that Aqualung by Jethro Tull will be on the RB2 disc.

Wooooooooooo!!!! Man, I am SO hoping that is true!

Man, so many leaks in the past couple days. No one talking at all about Guitar Hero: World Tour lately. It's got me thinking, maybe these leaks are mostly on purpose.

The Who is priced at 20 bones, yikes. When you look at it as a buck sixty a song it isn't so bad. Incredible song selection though. I know 10 or 11/12.

What I care about is that I would be money Gh4's charts are better than RB or RB2's. That is troubling. It would be great if RB2 launched completely a la carte and you could buy only what you needed (new mic? no thanks, this one is fine.) On that note, the RB2 guitar is a straight rehash. Hopefully better produced.

This week's DLC is garbage. At the risk of sounding like a whiny bitch, even the the free song sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can easily beat green grass and high tide on expert drums, never really run into any problems through out the song. But I have a friend who just got the game and she was stuck on it on medium so I went over to beat it for her, and I have to say it was harder for me to beat it on medium than it is expert. I came close to failing 3 or 4 times. Where as on expert it is easier to hold the beat and I never even get close to going into the red.

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']The Who is priced at 20 bones, yikes. When you look at it as a buck sixty a song it isn't so bad. Incredible song selection though. I know 10 or 11/12.

What I care about is that I would be money Gh4's charts are better than RB or RB2's. That is troubling. It would be great if RB2 launched completely a la carte and you could buy only what you needed (new mic? no thanks, this one is fine.) On that note, the RB2 guitar is a straight rehash. Hopefully better produced.

This week's DLC is garbage. At the risk of sounding like a whiny bitch, even the the free song sucks.[/QUOTE]
160 MS points /= $1.60

160 MS points = $2.00

And I agree don't think I will be buy the whole thing but I will at least be getting a few the CSI songs for starters

[quote name='CouRageouS']Heres the shot of the leaked songs
rock_band_2_tracks.jpg

Stoked for Chop Suey. Singing that will be a blast. Its also great that the shop interface is going to be used in the actual game now. The current one is just too big compared to the shop's look.[/quote]

Love "Ace of Spades". And finally, some fucking Journey!:bouncy:

From Gamestop:

Reported songs mentioned in the post include Linkin Park's "One Step Closer," Megadeth's "Peace Sells," Rage Against the Machine's "Testify," The Guess Who's "American Woman," Billy Idol's "White Wedding," Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know," Jethro Tull's "Aqualung," Thin Lizzy's "Bad Reputation," The Go-Go's "We Got the Beat," Alice in Chains' "Man in the Box," and Soundgarden's "Spoonman."

[quote name='M1C13']160 MS points /= $1.60

160 MS points = $2.00

And I agree don't think I will be buy the whole thing but I will at least be getting a few the CSI songs for starters[/quote]
What? The Who pack was announced at $20 (1600 points). With twelve songs in the pack, it's about $1.67 a track. And worth every point.

I'll be looking forward to "White Wedding" and "Testify" if there is any truth to that.

"Pinball Wizard" fuck yeah

EDIT: Boo for "Bad Reputation" and "We Got The Beat". Both have been in GH. I want new songs.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']
EDIT: Boo for "Bad Reputation" and "We Got The Beat". Both have been in GH. I want new songs.[/quote]

I concur. There should be absolutely no duplicates in any of these games.

[quote name='shieryda']I concur. There should be absolutely no duplicates in any of these games.[/QUOTE]

Duplicates are okay if its DLC so its optional to the customer. There should only be new content on the disc.

Some people will argue that its okay for Rock Band because you are getting the vocals and drums now but I don't think that is enough to justify having them on the disc.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Duplicates are okay if its DLC so its optional to the customer. There should only be new content on the disc.

Some people will argue that its okay for Rock Band because you are getting the vocals and drums now but I don't think that is enough to justify having them on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Don't mind with Bad Reputation so much since I like that song :lol:

[quote name='mr ryles']Don't mind with Bad Reputation so much since I like that song :lol:[/QUOTE]

I just looked at the Rock Band 2 wikipedia page and it says from G4 "Bad Reputation" by Thin Lizzy (or Joan Jett) so maybe it will be a different song.

[quote name='mr ryles']another song from GHII I wouldn't mind having is Iggy Pop and The Stooges, "Search and Destroy"[/quote]

Man, I LOVE that song. Would really like to see it as DLC.

I just played me some Rock Band tonight, and I loved the hell out of it. It was my first time playing, and I stuck with the guitar, which I found to be quite easy, but more realistic, so it was fun.

My question is, since I don't own Rock Band yet, do you guys think I should hold out for Guitar Hero 4 instead? The Create-A-Song Mode, Nicer Drums, and Touch-Pad-Guitar sound awesome. Not to mention, "One Armed Scissor" by At the Drive-In will be included and I friggin love At The Drive In...

[quote name='linkpwns']I just played me some Rock Band tonight, and I loved the hell out of it. It was my first time playing, and I stuck with the guitar, which I found to be quite easy, but more realistic, so it was fun.

My question is, since I don't own Rock Band yet, do you guys think I should hold out for Guitar Hero 4 instead? The Create-A-Song Mode, Nicer Drums, and Touch-Pad-Guitar sound awesome. Not to mention, "One Armed Scissor" by At the Drive-In will be included and I friggin love At The Drive In...[/QUOTE]

If you already have Guitar Hero 2 or 3 then get Rock Band (disc only) and use the GH guitar. Have fun with RB and when then buy Rock Band 2 when it comes out since it will, presumably, have better fake instruments than the ones that come with RB 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back