Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna put Rock Band in my top 3 games for local multiplayer.
The laughs are insane, especially since no one minds doing vocals. Really glad I picked it up finally.

/RB appreciation

I've read that people send in their guitars to get replacements, but sometimes the replacement doesn't work itself.

I have a guitar that has been giving me problems recently. I bought the RockBand bundle in December 2007 and everyting was fine until now. Everything works perfectly except for one simple problem, strumming up on the guitar isn't working properly. Like I said everything else works flawlessly. There is no problem strumming down, and there is also no problem strumming up when navigating around the menus or selecting a song. The problem with strumming up is only evident when playing a song. It strums on the note but then it seems like I strummed a second time and thats when it counts it as a miss. I babied the guitar that it still looks just like the day I bought it, thats another reason I don't want to send it in for a replacement. I don't want to end up with a guitar that is all scratched up. This also came at a bad time, I just downloaded for the first time a couple of songs.

Any tips on what I can do? Should I open it up? What I did yesterday was I took off the white face plate thinking that there might be some dirt stuck inside the strum bar's side I didn't see anything. What I do in frustration is I rapidly move the strum bar up and down. That works for a short period of time though. I get the guitar to work for half a song and then it starts missing when I strum up again.

Any help? Its a PS3 guitar btw.
Also, is the warranty only for 60 days? How would they know its been 60 days?

[quote name='dallow']What are you guys going to do with a real drumset?
Just curious.[/quote]

I am going to learn how to play the real drums.

I just got Say it Ain't So recorded without the drums (although it plays one drum sound when it transitions to a different section I think but thats a lot better than the song complete with drums).

[quote name='D_Icon']I've read that people send in their guitars to get replacements, but sometimes the replacement doesn't work itself.

I have a guitar that has been giving me problems recently. I bought the RockBand bundle in December 2007 and everyting was fine until now. Everything works perfectly except for one simple problem, strumming up on the guitar isn't working properly. Like I said everything else works flawlessly. There is no problem strumming down, and there is also no problem strumming up when navigating around the menus or selecting a song. The problem with strumming up is only evident when playing a song. It strums on the note but then it seems like I strummed a second time and thats when it counts it as a miss. I babied the guitar that it still looks just like the day I bought it, thats another reason I don't want to send it in for a replacement. I don't want to end up with a guitar that is all scratched up. This also came at a bad time, I just downloaded for the first time a couple of songs.

Any tips on what I can do? Should I open it up? What I did yesterday was I took off the white face plate thinking that there might be some dirt stuck inside the strum bar's side I didn't see anything. What I do in frustration is I rapidly move the strum bar up and down. That works for a short period of time though. I get the guitar to work for half a song and then it starts missing when I strum up again.

Any help? Its a PS3 guitar btw.
Also, is the warranty only for 60 days? How would they know its been 60 days?[/quote]

My Second guitar had the same thing happen like yours, also my whammy bar broke. I just sent it off Today. I bought mine on launch. Just go through the online process and fill it out. I didn't do express though, like I did the first time.

[quote name='TahoeMax']I feel like such a rebel any time I sing Run to the Hills.

RAPING THE WOMEN AND WASTING THE MEN, THE ONLY GOOD INJUNS ARE TAME!

This is simply for the fact that there's no way in HELL you could say anything like that in any other context in the Bay Area without getting crucified.[/quote]

I was actually reading Guitar Worlds Guitar Legends Maiden issue today and for the tab for RTTH it says "only good indians" I was like whaaat.

Im hoping we get invaders, so I can scream "Invadeeers...RAPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING"

[07:02 PM] sasukekun: wanna play some RB?
[07:03 PM] trakan: pff, no, i can't believe you're better than me now
[07:03 PM] sasukekun: lol
[07:03 PM] sasukekun: you're so bad

[quote name='Razzuel']I am going to learn how to play the real drums.

I just got Say it Ain't So recorded without the drums (although it plays one drum sound when it transitions to a different section I think but thats a lot better than the song complete with drums).[/quote]

Let me know if you ever need tips! I have 13 years of drumming experience :)

[quote name='hhhdx4']Im hoping we get invaders, so I can scream "Invadeeers...RAPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING"[/quote]

They really need to just release the Number of the Beast album...but master tracks only. But we probably won't see that since they had to cover Number of the Beast.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']They really need to just release the Number of the Beast album...but master tracks only. But we probably won't see that since they had to cover Number of the Beast.[/QUOTE]

I would buy Rock Band in an instant if they did Number of the Beast with master tracks, or a re-recording with Iron Maiden.

Hey, does anyone know where my train is? I was the guy who had the US map laid out and such. I noticed my PM box has been full for quite awhile so I don't think I could have received any new messages. My 8 year old nephew is getting the game soon and I'd like to give him the songs.

I was listening to the Clerks II soundtrack yesterday and I would really like to see Talking Heads - Nothing but Flowers. Rather simple, but a very catchy and fun song.

[quote name='sp00ge']I was listening to the Clerks II soundtrack yesterday and I would really like to see Talking Heads - Nothing but Flowers. Rather simple, but a very catchy and fun song.[/quote]
That song is in that movie?
Hmm.

Yeah, any Talking Heads would be fun.
I've always liked that track a lot.

(trivia: Johnny Marr of The Smiths plays his 12-string on that track)

I saw the official Rockband Drum Pads at a Gamestop yesterday. The guy at the counter said they just got them in a few days ago. Anyone know how well they work? Me and a few frinds tried playing at work a couple times but people around us complain about the drum noise. If we could eliminate that we'd be good to play.

I saw a site that had an open box drum kit for 40, do you think that a new set will drop to that price anytime soon or should I jump on em ? Also if they messup they're still covered by EA's warranty right ?

[quote name='goukill1120']I saw a site that had an open box drum kit for 40, do you think that a new set will drop to that price anytime soon or should I jump on em ? Also if they messup they're still covered by EA's warranty right ?[/quote]

Buy them new from Amazon for $48.99.

[quote name='Callandor']One reviewer complains you have to hit the pads harder, and another is happy that the pads are still "strongly sensitive." #-o[/quote]

Not very helpful is it.

Alright, I opened up my guitar. Wait thats not all, yesterday before I opened the guitar I noticed that the whammy stick died, it wasn't retracting. I opened the guitar and found out that there is a tiny spring that does the retracting. I went and got one of my bros Maisto "Collection" cars size 1:18. These cars have a shock effect because they have springs. I opened up the car and took one of the springs. The whammy stick now works.

With the strum bar things were more complicated. The strum bar, when you strum up or down the strum bar forces two small metal pieces to touch each other. I noticed that one of the metal pieces wasn't touching the other. With a screwdriver I tried pushing the mteal peices closer together, but one of the metal peices broke off. I went back to my bros toy box and got a one of those cars that runs on plastic tracks. Underneath this car there are two metal pieces. I took these metal pieces and glued them in place where the original metal piece broke off. I used a glue gun. The process is easier said than done, but I got the guitar to work again.

Like I said this guitar is in prestine condition(the body) I don't want to trade it in unless I get a new one, but that won't happen. Now I'm gonna see how long it lasts. What sucks though, since the screws on the guitar are all different sizes I didn't match them to their right spot, now I got some screws sticking out(not a lot). I also noticed that there was a piece that fell out the guitar. I don't know where it fell off from so I didn't put it in. Its a small black plastic piece. It kind of looks like a lego piece. Also. the bottom button that holds the strap is a loose now, oh well. At least I'm back to rocking.

[quote name='D_Icon']
With the strum bar things were more complicated. The strum bar, when you strum up or down the strum bar forces two small metal pieces to touch each other. I noticed that one of the metal pieces wasn't touching the other. With a screwdriver I tried pushing the mteal peices closer together, but one of the metal peices broke off. I went back to my bros toy box and got a one of those cars that runs on plastic tracks. Underneath this car there are two metal pieces. I took these metal pieces and glued them in place where the original metal piece broke off. I used a glue gun. The process is easier said than done, but I got the guitar to work again.
[/QUOTE]

With all those problems, you should've exchanged it through EA. The new strum bars don't have any touching metal pieces. I think I read somewhere that they use magnets.

dallow - Those Gum Rubber composite pads look nice. I may spend the extra $10 and pick those up. Plus that Autobot vinyal looks tight.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Probably not, but...anyone pickup the standalone wireless Strat? Just wondering if they made any noteworthy changes/improvements.[/QUOTE]

I did, and beware of the tilt sensor not working, you can return them to most stores for a new one, but many people say that it's a very prevalent issue. EA won't take returns on the wireless ones.... yet... at least. I've opened mine up and tried to fix it to no avail, tried many things with the tilt sensor, and none worked (it was too late to return it by the time I got around to finally using it after school was out). But it feels great not having a cord to potentially pull the system with, but it sucks having to use the back button for OD.

I've been wanting to pick up a wireless. We're anti-strum click around here. Though part of me wants to wait until the next set of RB instruments hit.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to RMA a drumset? Also I have an EL, am I guaranteed to get a QM back?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Can anyone tell me how long it takes to RMA a drumset? Also I have an EL, am I guaranteed to get a QM back?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what method you take. If you have a credit card you're willing to put a $125 hold on, you can get a new one right away. But it's not a guarantee which ones you'll get back, I got the quieter, more responsive ones back, FWIW.

I'm doing just that. I got the EL and just today made a request for another one, hopefully the QM or the newer one. I did the express RMA and the $125 hold is there.

I'm not in that much of a rush. My Strat RMA took about a week after I sent them mine, should I expect the same results? I'm only about to finish the Hard Drum tour and some of these drum rolls are killing me.

[quote name='lilboo']Anyone pick up those drum silencers? :whistle2:k
I haven't played this in forever because the drums are so loud for the apartment :([/quote]

Have you tried using socks? They don't make a drastic difference, but its noticeable.

[quote name='moojuice']Have you tried using socks? They don't make a drastic difference, but its noticeable.[/quote]

I recently tried them and they make quite a difference to me though there were problems such as the sock would slip off or away, but the main gripe was that it severely dampened the bounce back. I found myself having to hit with more force and using more energy to pull it up. It makes a big difference when you're playing the higher tiers.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Theres no DLC announcement today, correct? We already know its The Cars album and nothing else?[/QUOTE]

28qyttt.png

I really wish we could get some more Muse.

I want to play Stockholm Syndrome, but I don't want to play it on GH3. I'd love for us to get Knights of Cydonia on Rock Band as well.

We need some Deftones as well. "My Own Summer" would be fun as hell.

So many wants for RB. /sigh

I want more Muse and Weezer.

I just did the RMA for my drums. The pedal is a separate RMA? Nothing is wrong with my pedal. I've found my set to be not very responsive when it comes to drum rolls and it seemed like the yellow was dying.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I want more Muse and Weezer.

I just did the RMA for my drums. The pedal is a separate RMA? Nothing is wrong with my pedal. I've found my set to be not very responsive when it comes to drum rolls and it seemed like the yellow was dying.[/QUOTE]
They'll give you an entire drum set, including the pedal. The instructions in the box say they don't want the old pedal back, so you can have two.

I recently bought Muse: Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations, holy shit. Those are two full album DLC I would pay for whatever the cost.

[quote name='CokeCola']They'll give you an entire drum set, including the pedal. The instructions in the box say they don't want the old pedal back, so you can have two.[/QUOTE]
Oh cool. Probably because it smells like feet.

And if Muse albums get announced I'll go nuts. I know you're digging the falsetto.

I ordered one of the Drumsoft pads. I should have it in a week, I'll let you guys know how they are. I pimped mine out with the Autobot graphic so mine should look like this:

autobot.jpg

[quote name='GamerChris']With all those problems, you should've exchanged it through EA. The new strum bars don't have any touching metal pieces. I think I read somewhere that they use magnets.[/quote]

My guitar broke again and I just filled out a form. I can still use it but only strumming down. Since I replaced the spring on the whammy bar will that void the warranty?

[quote name='Rodimus']I ordered one of the Drumsoft pads. I should have it in a week, I'll let you guys know how they are. I pimped mine out with the Autobot graphic so mine should look like this:

autobot.jpg
[/QUOTE]
How much was it total? I'd pick up the plain ones if they were a decent price. But I'd have to wager if I'd rather spend the money on a mic stand or DLC instead :whistle2:k

[quote name='D_Icon']My guitar broke again and I just filled out a form. I can still use it but only strumming down. Since I replaced the spring on the whammy bar will that void the warranty?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. The fact that you opened the guitar already may void your warranty. I'd try to at least get the screws back in the correct position so none are sticking out.

I'm sort of torn on my Drumsoft pads. I got the Gum Rubber Composites for my QM and after using the sock mod for so long, it felt exactly like I was using the stock set, which was jarring. I tried a number of things and right now I've got 2 rubber bands on each pad in a + pattern to help with the sensitivity. It's not perfect yet, I'm still getting a lot of random drops on simple 4/4 beats, so I need to tweak it a lot.

They do give much greater rebound and are a lot quieter, as advertised, but be prepared to do a lot of experimenting to get them to a playable state. Then again, that can also be said for the drums right out of the box. :lol:

Oh man I was so juiced when I got home and had a 1600 point code in my email from videogamelagoon. First thing I did was buy Hysteria and 5 star the bass and gold star guitar on my first play through! Woo! Who wants to play online tonight where we just play Hysteria 12 times in a row!? This kicks so much ass on my subwoofer.

So I don't play bass much, does it show anywhere that if I gold star a bass song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back