Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bjeong1381']Do the wireless guitar hero III controllers work with Rock band for 360? I know they dont for PS3 but I was wondering about 360.[/quote]

Yes.

What do you guys do when singing and when you get to the "talky parts."

Even if I know the lyrics, sometimes they just don't register correctly. So when I am singinng Epic or Sabotage, I do a horrible job. I notice that it works a little better if I yell into the mic.

I have already adjusted the sensitivity and volume with no luck.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Yes.

What do you guys do when singing and when you get to the "talky parts."

Even if I know the lyrics, sometimes they just don't register correctly. So when I am singinng Epic or Sabotage, I do a horrible job. I notice that it works a little better if I yell into the mic.

I have already adjusted the sensitivity and volume with no luck.[/QUOTE]

I think it's all about timing on those parts.

Interesting. So you can use wireless and wired guitar hero II and III guitars in rock band but not the rock band guitar in guitar hero correct? Just want to make sure I am getting this right.

[quote name='bjeong1381']Interesting. So you can use wireless and wired guitar hero II and III guitars in rock band but not the rock band guitar in guitar hero correct? Just want to make sure I am getting this right.[/quote]

Correct.

anyone else get their email for the free EA game
im not sure what to choose lol
simpsons
nhl 08
moh airborne
fifa 08
Command and Conquer tiberium wars
need for speed
nba live

only ones i could be interested in
other ones i either dont care for or already own(skate and they actually listed rock band....lol)

they listed Rock Band!? Pick that! Then sell it, and hey, you just got yourself Rock Band for free.

Haha, GH3 has a Xmas song coming up.

And seriously, how long does it take for the RB guitars to get back? I hope I at least get the free game for waiting. My friends are coming over this weekend to play some long sets but alas, only one guitar, my GH3 Les Paul that I love dearly.

It's too bad that I like the Xplorer in real life better.

[quote name='OzCatter']Haha, GH3 has a Xmas song coming up.

And seriously, how long does it take for the RB guitars to get back? I hope I at least get the free game for waiting. My friends are coming over this weekend to play some long sets but alas, only one guitar, my GH3 Les Paul that I love dearly.

It's too bad that I like the Xplorer in real life better.[/quote]

It can take forever. I'm waiting 27 days for a drum pad replacement. And I havent even got offered a free game.

Here's a copy of a frustrated email I sent to Harmonix
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm writing to let Harmonix Music Systems know about the atrocious
quality of customer support I've received by Electronic Arts with
regards to getting a replacement Drum Pad set for Rock Band for the
XBOX 360.

My short story...

On November 21st, I purchased Rock Band. The blue drum pad of the drum
pad set did not respond to hits. So I went to the official EA Rock
Band support website and filled out a request for EXPRESS replacement.
Enought time went by where I had to contact EA Customer Support a half
dozen times asking when I would get a replacement. Every time, I was
basically given the same answer that due to holidays there were
delays. This was while I was reading about other people having
received replacements already. On December 6th, I explained that I was
planning on having Rock Band at an annual Holiday Party on December
15th and I assured in writing that I would have my replacements
shortly. A few days after that, 19 days total, I recieve, an EMPTY
box. Not only was this box empty but it was a box for a guitar despite
the packing slip saying that there were drum pads inside. I
immediately called EA support up and explained how frustrating this
was and the representative I spoke to, Alex , was rude and could
offer nothing more than trying to get this right again. It's now 27
days since my first contact with their support and I still don't have
a resolution.

[quote name='seanr1221']I want the Radiohead song and the Weezer song, but not the other one...when will they go up?[/quote]

No idea. Apparently they're doing server maintanance right now.

[quote name='Charron']No idea. Apparently they're doing server maintanance right now.[/QUOTE]

Mehhhhhh I really want My Iron Lung.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ok, WHO IS WITH ME!?

Rock Band Christmas Song Pack DLC.

Anyone?![/QUOTE]
It needs to be free though since no one wants to pay for Christmas songs that are just awkward the rest of the year :lol:

It also needs to have Jingle Bell Rock. Come on!

i really want buddy holly and brass in pocket. have most of you never heard brass in pocket? that just makes me feel old.
oh..and as far as a christmas pack.... i'd be hesitant to dl. Who wants to be playing world tour in july and be forced to play white christmas?

[quote name='bigdsinferno']i really want buddy holly and brass in pocket. have most of you never heard brass in pocket? that just makes me feel old.
oh..and as far as a christmas pack.... i'd be hesitant to dl. Who wants to be playing world tour in july and be forced to play white christmas?[/QUOTE]

I've heard of Brass in Pocket, it just doesnt sound that fun to play ;)

That's odd. If they had been bundled I probably would have grabbed the whole thing but if they are single downloads only I may just stick with the Radiohead one. The others aren't that compelling to me.

Does anyone have any opinions on using the 360 mic? I've heard it sucks and I just wanna make sure before I plop down the cash for a real usb mic on ebay.

I kind of wish they had a "make your own" 3 pack, but then again, there's really only a difference of 40 ms points, which is about 50 cents.

Does anybody know how much the full albums are supposed to go for?

[quote name='porieux']That's odd. If they had been bundled I probably would have grabbed the whole thing but if they are single downloads only I may just stick with the Radiohead one. The others aren't that compelling to me.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, except I picked up Buddy Holly.

Just picked up Buddy Holly. Didn't even hesitate.

[quote name='seanr1221']My Iron Lung is soooooo sweet.[/quote]

UNREALTOURNAMENT3UNREALTOURNAMENT3UNREALTOURNAMENT3

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']"Flirting With Disaster" is standing in my way of finishing Hard mode. those Hammer Ons are killing me. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
yeah..that was the one that was killing me too. I finally got it tonight though. The key for me was filling up my star power (or whatever they want to call it) and not using it until i got to the solo part that had the multiple blue notes all in a row. i know it's vague.. but i got 76% on that song consistently until today. Once you find a way past that, it's significantly easier. now, i'm stuck on expert, which will take a long time.

The only two songs I have much of a problem (on guitar) with are Flirting With Disaster and Green Grass and High Tides, and the worst part is, even the bass lines are killer on them.

My roommate and I can make it through every song no problem except for those two.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Is there a 360 SE version out with a wireless controller? Or do you have to buy a wireless controler extra.[/quote]I don't think a wireless 360 controller is available anywhere. It's only the PS3 that offers a wireless guitar.

My drum bass pedal just broke. In the middle of a song, the actual pedal above the spring just snapped clear in half and the bottom parts shattered. I emailed the EA support like three times and they keep running me in circles and I cant get a straight answer. Anyone have any success in getting a free replacement for this? It looks like I took it and just slammed it and crushed the hell out of it, but I can assure you thats not the case - its just the result of playing on hard and expert quite a bit recently.

I am already pissed off because my guitar was broken straight out of the box, now this. The only thing they have listed on their automated RMA form is for the spring, nothing else. I don't want to be bothered with sending it back to them only to find out they are going to charge me even more to fix it.

[quote name='anomynous']^^^^

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/rockband.php[/quote]

I have already been there, and as I explained, the only problem listed there is one I am not quite experiencing. It also says they will not take anything that looks like it has been subject to abnormal use. Mine may or may not look like it has been subject to abnormal use, hence why I am asking if anyone has had any success with a problem similar to mine.

[quote name='xdl']I have already been there, and as I explained, the only problem listed there is one I am not quite experiencing. It also says they will not take anything that looks like it has been subject to abnormal use. Mine may or may not look like it has been subject to abnormal use, hence why I am asking if anyone has had any success with a problem similar to mine.[/QUOTE]
Well, pedals snapping has been happening a lot, so they should still replace it

[quote name='xdl']My drum bass pedal just broke. In the middle of a song, the actual pedal above the spring just snapped clear in half and the bottom parts shattered. I emailed the EA support like three times and they keep running me in circles and I cant get a straight answer. Anyone have any success in getting a free replacement for this? It looks like I took it and just slammed it and crushed the hell out of it, but I can assure you thats not the case - its just the result of playing on hard and expert quite a bit recently.

I am already pissed off because my guitar was broken straight out of the box, now this. The only thing they have listed on their automated RMA form is for the spring, nothing else. I don't want to be bothered with sending it back to them only to find out they are going to charge me even more to fix it.[/quote]

glad i got replacement package at Wal-Mart.

Any of you guys know if Gamestop or something similar would take the Rockband guitar? It's still in its ugly brown box, cause I already have two GH controllers.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']yeah..that was the one that was killing me too. I finally got it tonight though. The key for me was filling up my star power (or whatever they want to call it) and not using it until i got to the solo part that had the multiple blue notes all in a row. i know it's vague.. but i got 76% on that song consistently until today. Once you find a way past that, it's significantly easier. now, i'm stuck on expert, which will take a long time.[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY where i'm stuck too. 76% on hard guitar, and I cannot for the life of me get past all the craziness.

Anyone have any idea of when exactly they are going to start selling the drum only bundles? I remember reading early 2008 at some point but I wasn't sure if they had released any more specific information. I really want to pick this up but I would probably be better off waiting and picking up a guitar hero controller since I'll probably want to play through guitar hero 3 at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back