Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='H-Town Info']any update on the Scorch's OXM Rock Band Disc?[/QUOTE]

I think that is the one I'm on. It's on it's way to me, should have it by tomorrow or friday.

[quote name='javeryh']Word.[/quote]

I would buy that pack immediately and probably would stay up all night for it. Something along the lines of Corduroy, State of Love and Trust, and Rearview Mirror would be absolutely perfect.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I've been looking around and I can't find the march list for DLC.

Can someone repost it?"[/QUOTE]
Week of March 4th
Thrash Three Pack
"Blinded by Fear" by At The Gates
"Thrasher" by Evile
"Shadow World" by Haunted

Week of March 11th
"Shooting Star" as made famous by Bad Company*
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Message in A Bottle" by Police

Week of March 18th
NIN Three Pack
"March of the Pigs" by Nine Inch Nails
"The Collector" by Nine Inch Nails
"The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails

Week of March 25th
Metal Three Pack
"Wrathchild" as made famous by Iron Maiden*
"Supernaut" as made famous by Black Sabbath*
"Fuel" by Metallica
Harmonix said its tentative on the RB boards, and they already threw us for a loop with the NIN pack out already so these could possibly be way off. Add them to the speculation pool for now along with that other list of songs.

[quote name='Malik112099']Breaking.benjamin.please.[/quote]

that would be cool, as well as boy hits car, cky, or best of all...presidents of the united states of america, peaches, or lump or mach 5 anyone?

I want Anthrax and Alexisonfire (specifically from the Crisis album, the first album can be skipped entirely and the second one was good, but not Crisis good).

So with all this weekly DLC (which is great, IMO) have they announced when this will all end? I'd imagine not for a long time.

[quote name='lilboo']So with all this weekly DLC (which is great, IMO) have they announced when this will all end? I'd imagine not for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Never........

[quote name='lilboo']So with all this weekly DLC (which is great, IMO) have they announced when this will all end? I'd imagine not for a long time.[/QUOTE]
It'll end when they stop liking money.

Rock Band 2 can't stop DLC, it'll keep it going so long as the old DLC works with it too.

HMX had said it's more likely than not if there is ever a RB2, the DLC would transfer over. They said with the amount of people who are buying DLC and a lot of it, there'd be a ton of backlash if they had to rebuy them. It was in an interview in like January.

Just curious now that it has been out for a while, how many of you guys actually play at least semi-regularly with bands in person?

I'm a pretty anti-social gamer, but even I now seem to have a weekly get together with the same people where we play it for a few hours. I still work through solo stuff once in a while, but Friday nights seem to be reserved for a "Rock Band get-together." Once in a great while I'll play with bands online, but I seem to have bad luck when I do that with people quitting and stuff.

[quote name='lordwow']HMX had said it's more likely than not if there is ever a RB2, the DLC would transfer over. They said with the amount of people who are buying DLC and a lot of it, there'd be a ton of backlash if they had to rebuy them. It was in an interview in like January.[/QUOTE]

That's the main reason I buy as much DLC as I do...if I knew they were going to pump out a quick and dirty sequel that wouldn't support it, I would have bought maybe half of what I have so far. So, I hope they are not lying.

I'm kind of hoping for a week or two where I don't buy songs, actually. I'm not even buying any XBLA games or movies or whatever and I'm still running through points much too fast for my liking. Not saying I want them to pull a GH3 and give us something as weak as a No Doubt (HAHAHAHAHA) pack, but I'll probably skip that thrash pack...I wouldn't mind if that was next week's release.

[quote name='KaneRobot'] Not saying I want them to pull a GH3 and give us something as weak as a No Doubt (HAHAHAHAHA) pack, but I'll probably skip that thrash pack...I wouldn't mind if that was next week's release.[/QUOTE]

See, I wish the No Doubt pack had been for Rock Band instead of GH3. I know my g/f would love to do vocals on them.

[quote name='BlueWingX']See, I wish the No Doubt pack had been for Rock Band instead of GH3. I know my g/f would love to do vocals on them.[/QUOTE]
I'm skipping the No Doubt tracks in GH3, but would have picked them up immediately for Rock Band.

When in the hell is Who's Next coming? I thought they had said it would be available at or near launch.

I picked up a drum set yesterday and I'm pleased to say that the pads are very responsive. I've been using a friends drum set and I instantly noticed the difference. Is it because the drums are new or is it an improved model?

[quote name='lordwow']HMX had said it's more likely than not if there is ever a RB2, the DLC would transfer over. They said with the amount of people who are buying DLC and a lot of it, there'd be a ton of backlash if they had to rebuy them. It was in an interview in like January.[/quote]

Whedon bless Harmonix. Neversoft take note.

[quote name='BlueWingX']See, I wish the No Doubt pack had been for Rock Band instead of GH3. I know my g/f would love to do vocals on them.[/quote]

And I wish Pearl Jam was in Rock Band instead of Guitar Hero 3. :whistle2:(

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm skipping the No Doubt tracks in GH3, but would have picked them up immediately for Rock Band.[/QUOTE]
Yea I don't even know what songs are on there but I'm betting at least one of them would be a good group song. I don't even look at the GH3 tracks since the value is just horrible. I think every RB track is justified in price since you can play them all 4 different ways.

[quote name='chasemurata']Whedon bless Harmonix. Neversoft take note.

And I wish Pearl Jam was in Rock Band instead of Guitar Hero 3. :whistle2:([/quote]

Psssh I want them in both games.

Hell there are a bunch of bands who have music in both games, so I think we should be given a Pearl Jam song pack.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Psssh I want them in both games.

Hell there are a bunch of bands who have music in both games, so I think we should be given a Pearl Jam song pack.[/quote]

Oh I would totally like it if No Doubt and Pearl Jam were featured in Rock Band. I'm glad we have Stone Temple Pilots, that makes me happy. I would shout Rock Band's praises even louder if they offered Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, and/or Soundgarden DLC. :drool:

I would get the No Doubt pack if it was RB songs. And I'm not a no doubt fan at all. But I have friends over who would instantly know what those songs are and we would have fun playing them. And I would enjoy singing "I'm just a Girl" just to be funny.

I won't get them for Gh because I only own 1 guitar that works with GH so Gh to me is a single player game.

[quote name='lordwow']I said it in the GH3 thread, but I'd buy a No Doubt pack with Spiderwebs and Don't Speak.[/quote]

QFT.

Spiderwebs, Don't Speak, Ex-Girlfriend track pack.. would be awesome. Or replace the last song with the remake of "It's My Life"

Well I just traded Gow For this game with a friend of mine (seeing as gow2 is coming soon and I exclusively play Cod4 mp) and I want to get some drums. Does anyone know a cheaper way to get just drums than ebay.

How about Two Princes by the Spin Doctors?! That song would be the SHIZZNIT! As mention, some No Doubt would be awesome too. I also want to see some 3 Doors Down and some Matchbox 20

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']How about Two Princes by the Spin Doctors?! That song would be the SHIZZNIT! As mention, some No Doubt would be awesome too. I also want to see some 3 Doors Down and some Matchbox 20[/quote]This.

95% on green grass... come on.. that last five percent is what's standing between me and beating this entire game on expert guitar.. my left arm is sore, i've tried this song several times in a row and I cannot get the very very very last part (Gtr Solo 2M) down pat.. and it's such a kick in the nuts to know that I fail at the last like fifteen seconds of the song.

I'm also in the camp that would want No Doubt DLC for Rock Band. Don't Speak, Sunday Morning, and I'm Just a Girl would be great.

Otherwise, I guess I'll just buy the No Doubt pack for GH3 for now even though it is an absolute ripoff. I told myself I wouldn't support Activision's consumer wallet rape, but my cousin demanded that I buy some GH3 track packs with him and I had the points so I gave in. Love the Mastodon song though! Really wish they'd drop the prices, but no matter what, people will buy.

And am I the only person who'd love a Taking Back Sunday pack? They were amazing in concert and I'd buy DLC with almost any of their songs or even better... full albums. fuck yeah!

Plus I'd like more Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, and Classic Rock tracks.

Do it Harmonix and I'll buy!

Yay wishlists. I'd love zome Zeppelin, I'd also like to see some Kyuss to go along with QotSA. And gimme some Motorhead, Flogging Molly, White Stripes and SOAD while you're at it...purty please??

[quote name='modium']Is it the hammer-ons or the quick strumming part, or both? Both would probably benefit a lot from just practicing. For the hammer-ons, I just strum each first note out of the three and hammer onto the next two. I do the same for the green-yellow-blue section, only using my ring and pinky fingers, then I slide my index up to the red for the last section and play it just like the first. The quick-strumming part is fairly easy as well, once you get the pattern down. Just listen to the notes, really. If it's still giving you trouble, slowing it down should help you immensely with the timing.[/quote]

Thanks for the tips Modium. I went and practiced the hell out of it and finally finished the song with a great solo today.:D

and as for the other guys that replied, your advice could use some work. ;)

[quote name='Scorch']96%.. inching closer and closer to completing green grass.. that stupid final solo..[/QUOTE]

Practice and make sure to hit both of the energy streaks in the repeated 4-note pull off sequences before the repeated triplets at the end. Use that energy to survive the end, and try to hit whatever energy is in the triplets as well.

Eventually, your hand will just start hitting most of the notes in rhythm. That part kept killing me, too.

[quote name='Callandor']Practice and make sure to hit both of the energy streaks in the repeated 4-note pull off sequences before the repeated triplets at the end. Use that energy to survive the end, and try to hit whatever energy is in the triplets as well.

Eventually, your hand will just start hitting most of the notes in rhythm. That part kept killing me, too.[/quote]

I can't hit the streaks. I can't get the timing right to get all four notes right. That's the main problem. I just need to work on the timing. If I hit that last one, I'd have overdrive stuff to carry me through the end.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I just realized its Friday so we should have Tuesdays DLC posted sometime soon.[/quote]

Last week it was announced a little after 2pm... Lets hope its good stuff this week...

[quote name='Cleaner7']And am I the only person who'd love a Taking Back Sunday pack? [/QUOTE]

Agreed. Also agreed on No Doubt (I like all three songs on the GHIII pack, to boot.) and Spin Doctors. And 311.

Am still wishlist-ing for some Biffy Clyro.

I heard Oil & Water - Incubus on the way into work today and that'd be a great addition. They should do a Light Grenades pack with Oil & Water, Dig and any other song.

Grateful Dead for March 4th:

Grateful Dead Pack (all songs by the Grateful Dead)

“China Cat Sunflower” (Master)
“Casey Jones” (Master)
“Sugar Magnolia” (Master)
“Truckin" (Master)
“Franklin’s Tower” (Master)
“I Need A Miracle” (Master)

All songs can be bought individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or the whole pack can be purchased for $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points).

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32695

[quote name='deadite76']Grateful Dead for March 4th[/QUOTE]
Yes! Can't wait for Casey Jones. Too bad they don't seem to be adding achievements and extra band tour locations with the purchase of packs like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back