Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='bardockkun']$10/800 points and no one knows for sure yet. Only just rumors if anything.[/QUOTE]

That's a fair price. Thought it might've been more. Although, I think to encourage sales of new copies, they might have included the import code if you bought new. Oh well.

[quote name='bardockkun']Turn on your 360 and go to marketplace and go to newest add ons. It should be there of all places as a Rock Band 2 DLC. Plus there's one for full song and free demo of it.

And yeah RBN has been weird all this weekend. Tried to download the Converge and Ween songs, but no price and not on the marketplace eventhough it's RIGHT there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That worked.

[quote name='darrenaero']
And lastly, when the heck is Type O coming to RB3? I MUST have September Sun on keyboards!!!! Kane?[/QUOTE]
I've asked everywhere, multiple times. At this point I'm not expecting anything. I agree though...with the keyboard out now, if they're every going to do it, this is the time.
[quote name='deszaras']Thanks! That worked.[/QUOTE]
Were you able to actually download it? It just stops at 1% for me and gives the "can't download" message I mentioned above.

fuck yes, Amazon shipped my Keyboard bundle out today. Should be here by the 27th. Will play the hell out of it, although I get back from work at around 10PM that day.

So...anyone pre-order from Gamestop? I did, cause I had credit and I wanted the Deftones song...

Anyways, I received my download code tonight...and the xbox marketplace says it's an invalid code. Anyone else run into this?

I checked the pdf of the rave card at gamestop.com/code and it states that you have to put in the code in game. So no need to worry about the non 25 digit code.

[quote name='Ronin317']So...anyone pre-order from Gamestop? I did, cause I had credit and I wanted the Deftones song...

Anyways, I received my download code tonight...and the xbox marketplace says it's an invalid code. Anyone else run into this?[/QUOTE]

Likely won't go live until tomorrow (Tuesday). I seem to recall other issues of getting DLC codes before a game came out, and they don't work until the game is actually out.

I was cruising the Live Marketplace and I saw something called RBN trial songs that were free. Tons of them, like "The Touch". What, exactly, is the deal with these?

[quote name='BlueSwim']I was cruising the Live Marketplace and I saw something called RBN trial songs that were free. Tons of them, like "The Touch". What, exactly, is the deal with these?[/QUOTE]
Rock Band Network songs are songs published and released for Rock Band 2 that aren't by Harmonix. Usually they're for smaller named indie bands, but occasional big names have tend to show up. For the most part you could only buy them within Rock Band 2 in the Rock Band Network shop, but these days with all the updates coming some have been showing up in Live Marketplace as well. Plus each game from RBN comes with a small timed demo for you to try and play to see if you like it and want to purchase it.

Reports of what RB2 songs don't transfer to RB3 are starting to hit. Let There Be Rock by AC/DC, Spoonman by Soundgarden, Anyway You Want It by Journey, Battery by Metallica, Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers and ALL the Harmonix bonus songs.

[quote name='bardockkun']Reports of what RB2 songs don't transfer to RB3 are starting to hit. Let There Be Rock by AC/DC, Spoonman by Soundgarden, Anyway You Want It by Journey, Battery by Metallica, Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers and ALL the Harmonix bonus songs.[/QUOTE]

Bah! Not Give it Away! :bomb:

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Bah! Not Give it Away! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Looks like Harmonix took the title literally. HI-OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry, had to do it.

I'm more surprised by the Harmonix titles themselves not transfering. Same with Metallica, unless they're just taking it out so I can rebuy it again if they release a Master of Puppets album DLC. In which case very sneaky...

[quote name='bardockkun']Rock Band Network songs are songs published and released for Rock Band 2 that aren't by Harmonix. Usually they're for smaller named indie bands, but occasional big names have tend to show up. For the most part you could only buy them within Rock Band 2 in the Rock Band Network shop, but these days with all the updates coming some have been showing up in Live Marketplace as well. Plus each game from RBN comes with a small timed demo for you to try and play to see if you like it and want to purchase it.[/QUOTE]Ah, I understand now. I tried to check them out in RB2, but their store was down(?). Thank you.

[quote name='bardockkun']Reports of what RB2 songs don't transfer to RB3 are starting to hit. Let There Be Rock by AC/DC, Spoonman by Soundgarden, Anyway You Want It by Journey, Battery by Metallica, Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers and ALL the Harmonix bonus songs.[/QUOTE]Let There Be Rock: I have the AC/DC Track Pack so it's not a huge loss. I do prefer the studio version, though.
Spoonman: I love the song, but I don't believe I've ever been good at it.
Any Way You Want It: Removing *ANYTHING* Journey is offensive.:lol::lol::lol:
Battery: It isn't 'Enter Sandman'.
Give It Away: The guitar always strains my ears to the point where I have to turn the volume down. Don't think I'll miss it if I do adopt RB3.
Bonus Songs: Never liked more than one of them anyways.

They took out Journey??? Oh fuck you, Harmonix! It's because of shit like this that I'd almost prefer DLC to songs being included on a disc. Just give us an updated interface for $30 or so, and let us move all of our content forward, with new content coming each week. Losing songs every time we move on really sucks.

Wait.. bonus songs as in the handful that were on disc or the 20 that we downloaded a couple months later?

And Journey?! Noooo. That's the only one I care about really. Maybe it'll get a rerelease with a Journey pack. There's some good piano in their songs. RHCP is a slight loss but the DLC is better.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Battery: It isn't 'Enter Sandman'. [/QUOTE]

It's better.

fucking stupid; looks like I'll be holding on to my Rock Band 2 disc for sure now.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Ah, I understand now. I tried to check them out in RB2, but their store was down(?). Thank you.
[/QUOTE]
No problem. Plus it's not just you, the RBN store has been having problems for awhile. I Think they're updating it for RB3 or at least I hope so.
[quote name='CouRageouS']Wait.. bonus songs as in the handful that were on disc or the 20 that we downloaded a couple months later?
[/QUOTE]
The 20 bonus songs had nothing to do with Harmonix. So basically losing out on A Jagged Gorgeous Winter, Shoulder to the Plow, Night Lies, a few others, but ESPECIALLY the one everyone loves and near and dear to their hearts...Visions. In the end, counting JUST Harmonix bands that's 9 songs.

[quote name='CouRageouS']And Journey?! Noooo. That's the only one I care about really. Maybe it'll get a rerelease with a Journey pack. There's some good piano in their songs.[/QUOTE]

I would agree, but really Any Way You Want It is one of their least key intensive songs. I'd love a pack with Faithfully, Open Arms, Wheel in the Sky, and added keys for Don't Stop Believing. But not having Any Way You Want It there is going to make it feel incomplete.

[quote name='lolwut?']It's better.[/QUOTE]I think the guy with the Singapore Cane, the cigar, and the pants filled with beer cans would repectfully disagree with you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etF5YdJwBmY The crowd singing along makes that video even more epic.

[quote name='bardockkun']No problem. Plus it's not just you, the RBN store has been having problems for awhile. I Think they're updating it for RB3 or at least I hope so.[/QUOTE]I was wondering if that was it since the regular RB Store wasn't working either.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I think the guy with the Singapore Cane, the cigar, and the pants filled with beer cans would repectfully disagree with you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etF5YdJwBmY The crowd singing along makes that video even more epic.

I was wondering if that was it since the regular RB Store wasn't working either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they're updating and relaunching the site today so it seems it may be this way until morning.

Plus was wondering if this was all leading to an ECW reference...

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, they're updating and relaunching the site today so it seems it may be this way until morning.

Plus was wondering if this was all leading to an ECW reference...[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol: Yeah, ECW was my introduction to 'Enter Sandman'. Pro Wrestling has actually been a pretty big influence on my taste in music. I started listening to Nirvana because of Raven(not to mention Offspring) & DDP, Pearl Jam via Chris Jericho, White Zombie thanks to Lance Storm(though I was already a fan of Rob Zombie as a solo artist thanks to--of all things--Twisted Metal III), Motorhead from Triple H. Good times.:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
we lose the 20 bonus songs from RB2? really? I thought those were treated as DLC. Well if we do lose those I guess that means I can delete them from my HD and score some more free space at least.

[quote name='KingDox']we lose the 20 bonus songs from RB2? really? I thought those were treated as DLC. Well if we do lose those I guess that means I can delete them from my HD and score some more free space at least.[/QUOTE]

Wha? The 20 free songs from RB 2 aren't effected. The songs from HMX bands in RB 2 will be coming back as free dlc.

http://rockbandaide.com/9308/rock-band-2-export-details/

Honestly, I won't miss any of the songs that aren't exporting over, but I feel like they should have secured export rights back when they released RB2. This especially should have been the case with "Give It Away" since many of us will now have an entire album playable in RB3 minus one song.

I'm kinda pissed off, I was playing the demo for The Touch and at the end of it it asks if I wanted to purchase the song, I said yes and it downloaded The Countdown.

Ugh. I can already tell what's going to happen - I bet my RB3 will be delivered today, but my power will go out from the supposedly insane storm that is heading my way by this afternoon (you know a storm is noteworthy when it's a f'ing trending topic), so I won't be able to play it.

[quote name='BlueSwim'](removed songs from RB2)[/QUOTE]

Let There Be Rock - pretty much what you said. No big deal but prefer the studio one.

Spoonman - Feh. If we have to lose a Soundgarden song, I'd much rather have it be this. I'm assuming this is an effect of the GH/Soundgarden arcane alliance.

Any Way You Want It - I don't personally care, but I can see why this one being dropped is annoying people.

Battery - I'd be pissed, but I'll never get rid of GH Metallica so I still have it anyway. Thank god for Harmonix getting at least one Metallica pack out way back before that GH deal was put in place (with songs that AREN'T in GH Metallica, to boot)

Give It Away - Don't care, but I would be fucking furious if I bought the BSSM full album DLC and now was missing one track.

Guess Black Hole Sun & Dani California from RB1 are also both confirmed as being out. Rumors of a GH RHCP game abound, not that I'd have the slightest interest in playing it...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrMunkee']
This trailer seems kind of awkward. I understand what they were going for, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it was the music choice. It sounds more like an opening to a sitcom than anything else.[/QUOTE]

It's the song choice. They need a rock/metal song to go with that montage.

I wonder if they took out the HMX songs in order to add Pro guitar/keys to the tracks, if they are in fact coming later as free DLC. Maybe that's easier than a "patch" for the songs?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Guess Black Hole Sun & Dani California from RB1 are also both confirmed as being out. Rumors of a GH RHCP game abound, not that I'd have the slightest interest in playing it...[/QUOTE]

I know this has been the rumor for the last couple weeks, but I really don't understand this one. We already paid to export these songs so I would have figured they should work in every version Rock Band from here on. It's almost like saying certain DLC will no longer work in RB3.

Let There Be Rock - Could care less. Don't really like the song and don't think it fits well with the game. At least we have the live version from the track pack.

Spoonman - Kinda sad this didn't make it. I really liked the drum solo in it.

Any Way You Want It - I'm sad this didn't make it. Not a favorite, but a song I like. Hopefully they're going to re-release it as free DLC for exporters with keys.

Battery - I don't mind the song, but I won't miss it because it's way too difficult to play.

Give It Away - Don't really care.

Guess Black Hole Sun & Dani California from RB1 are also both confirmed as being out. Rumors of a GH RHCP game abound, not that I'd have the slightest interest in playing it...

That seems kinda wack that songs that were already licensed couldn't be re-licensed. I don't think I'll miss Dani California and Black Hole Sun too much. Never expected this to happen though. Might as well delete them. Does that mean these two tracks will disappear on Rock Band 2 as well? I bet they'll be a RHCP guitar hero. There's no other explaination.

Does anybody know if it rips the songs, or does it DL a huge beefy file for the export? I hope it rips them - It would take me over 3 hours to DL 1.93 Gigs on DSL. I might just take it to a friend's house if it DLs a huge file like on Lego and Green Day.

[quote name='2DMention']Does anybody know if it rips the songs, or does it DL a huge beefy file for the export? I hope it rips them - It would take me over 3 hours to DL 1.93 Gigs on DSL. I might just take it to a friend's house if it DLs a huge file like on Lego and Green Day.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure it's a DL.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, it's a download.

Time to change your profile quote, 2DMention.[/QUOTE]

I'll have it in about 2 hours (1/2 day at work today) :D

That sucks it's a DL. I guess I'll suffer through it anyway.

Between the Export DL, DLing the 6 free songs + installing, I won't get to play this till late afternoon. :cry:

So my question is this, Enter Sandman-Metallica was not eligible for export from RB1 to RB2. Will it now be available for export from RB1 to RB3? Or is it still on the exculsion list?

[quote name='hostyl1']So my question is this, Enter Sandman-Metallica was not eligible for export from RB1 to RB2. Will it now be available for export from RB1 to RB3? Or is it still on the exculsion list?[/QUOTE]

Funny, I actually just updated the OP in the RB3 track list section with that info. Nothing has changed in regards to the stuff already excluded from the RB to RB2 transition. While doing so I was reminded of how I actually miss the cover version of Paranoid from RB1, one of the better covers any game of this type has churned out.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Funny, I actually just updated the OP in the RB3 track list section with that info. Nothing has changed in regards to the stuff already excluded from the RB to RB2 transition. While doing so I was reminded of how I actually miss the cover version of Paranoid from RB1, one of the better covers any game of this type has churned out.[/QUOTE]

So does thay mean dani california is in or out? I'm confused, haha

[quote name='tgk2044']So does thay mean dani california is in or out? I'm confused, haha[/QUOTE]

It's out. Check the OP, I further clarified it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It's out. Check the OP, I further clarified it.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Oh well. Thanks for the info. Enjoy the storm there in that state up north :)

Wow Pro Keys are kicking my ass. A lot tougher than I thought. It's more of a "gotta get my brain to use all my fingers" and know when to move a finger back off a black key, where to rest it, etc. Never played keyboard or piano, so maybe that's why its extra hard for my brain to connect. But I dont want to just do normal mode, i jumped right into Pro training to get going on it

Did anyone here pre-order their copy from Amazon? My copy didn't come with the in-game guitar code that it was supposed to for pre-ordering from them. Are they supposed to email it instead? Or was it supposed to be in the case?

[quote name='KongaKing']Wow Pro Keys are kicking my ass. A lot tougher than I thought. It's more of a "gotta get my brain to use all my fingers" and know when to move a finger back off a black key, where to rest it, etc. Never played keyboard or piano, so maybe that's why its extra hard for my brain to connect. But I dont want to just do normal mode, i jumped right into Pro training to get going on it[/QUOTE]Even standard keys take some getting used to. I tried them on one song and instinctively kept overreaching for notes. It felt weird using my thumb. :p

I'll definitely be doing pro-keys primarily but it'll be fun to mess around with standard a bit. I think they have some of their own specific goals too. Favorite pro-key moment so far was running laps around my keyboard stand during "Need You Tonight." :bouncy:

[quote name='Luriden']Did anyone here pre-order their copy from Amazon? My copy didn't come with the in-game guitar code that it was supposed to for pre-ordering from them. Are they supposed to email it instead? Or was it supposed to be in the case?[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be an email.

bread's done
Back