Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='Corvin']There are all kinds of people on DVDtalk getting losing codes now. Everyone used to be 100% winners. Personally, I'm 59-0.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of DVDtalk...I haven't posted in forever. BTW...am I still on your friends list?

Pantera was officially debunked by Harmonix.

[quote name='Ronin317']Speaking of DVDtalk...I haven't posted in forever. BTW...am I still on your friends list?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't appear so. I went through, cleaned house, and deleted about 50 people a few months ago.

[quote name='Ronin317']fuck I waited a day, and I still got 2 more losers in a row. Is anyone else having an issue? I won 7 in a row, now I've had 5 losers.[/QUOTE]Yeah, this rampant losing seems to be pretty widespread! I figure that either A) a lot more people are playing now or B) the contest was glitched before, giving everyone extraordinarily high win ratios, and now it's just working more like it was originally intended.

I went 1 for 5 last night, after being like 48/48 before. Oh well, I'll use up my the remaining points in my account and then it's back to using cheap MS point cards. Good ride while it lasted :whistle2:/

[quote name='Corvin']Pantera was officially debunked by Harmonix.[/QUOTE]

Afraid that was going to happen. Oh well. And here I was hoping against hope that we'd get "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit." (yeah, right).

And for those asking about the Pepsi codes, check the "Free stuff" forum thread about it - plenty of people are losing now. They definitely changed something.

Good morning,

We're at the time of week again - DLC ANNOUNCEMENT TIME! I am very pleased to reveal next week's awesomosity. What do we have? let's take a look. Break out your tiny mock Stonehenge because we are bringing you Spinal Tap's Back From the Dead on 360, PS3 and Wii. Wii also is catching up with Foo Fighters and Black Sabbath. We also haven't forgotten PSP with some Jane's Addiction and Styx. Next week kicks ass.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 Systems and Wii Console

The 11 songs that comprised the film’s original soundtrack were recently re-imagined and newly interpreted by the band for its latest CD Back From The Dead. The end result is that England’s Loudest Heavy Metal Band, Spinal Tap, has never sounded better. Back From The Dead also features six brand new songs including “Back from the Dead,” “Rock ‘n’ Roll Nightmare” and “Warmer Than Hell” which are already available in the Rock Band Music Store and an hour-long DVD featuring band commentary. This is Spinal Tap is now available on Blu-Ray from MGM Home Entertainment.

Tracks available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Aug. 4) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Aug. 6):

Spinal Tap “(Funky) Sex Farm”
Spinal Tap “(Listen to the) Flower People (Reggae Stylee)”
Spinal Tap “America”
Spinal Tap “Big Bottom”
Spinal Tap “Cups and Cakes”
Spinal Tap “Gimme Some Money”
Spinal Tap “Heavy Duty”
Spinal Tap “Hell Hole”
Spinal Tap “Rock ‘n’ Roll Creation”
Spinal Tap “Stonehenge”
Spinal Tap “Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight”

(All tracks are original master recordings from Back From The Dead recording sessions.)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Spinal Tap’s TAP TEN” or as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$17.99 (1440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Spinal Tap’s TAP TEN”
$2.00 USD, (200 Wii Points) per track
I might pass this week. I enjoyed the other Spinal Tap tracks in the game but I don't know if I liked them enough to play the entire album.

I might pass this week. I enjoyed the other Spinal Tap tracks in the game but I don't know if I liked them enough to play the entire album.

Holy shit! Awesome! Especially because the re-records are honestly not as bad as you'd expect. I like a few of them more than the originals, actually. The production is a lot better on the re-records, obviously. Only gripe is that the Sex Farm and Listen to the Flower People tracks are crap compared to the originals (they've completely redone the songs so they sound nothing like them). Would love to have the original Sex Farm, but I have a feeling the masters may not be available.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Stolen from another forum, here's some new footage of The Beatles dreamscapes in action (full songs without note highways):[/QUOTE]

That was quick of Viacom to already remove all of those videos... haha

I like Spinal Tap, just not that interested in playing along on Rock Band.
I'm hoping for something good next week, I have two more weeks until my next party, and it always ends up with 2AM Rock Band, so hopefully something great comes up soon...
-Goatman

I'm late to the party on this so most of you are probably already aware, but on Ebay you can get a code for the AC/DC pack for like 13 bucks. Yeah, you don't get the disc, but 13 bucks for all these songs isn't bad at all.

Link

Anyone know how much room the AC DC Songs take up on the ole HD? I'm fast running out of space on the 20 and need to upgrade, but as of right now I gotta work with it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']YEEEESSSSSSSSS!

Man, they are really getting behind Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they probably see Rock Band as more artist friendly and I always welcome more Pearl Jam as they have always been one of my favorite bands.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Anyone know how much room the AC DC Songs take up on the ole HD? I'm fast running out of space on the 20 and need to upgrade, but as of right now I gotta work with it. :)[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, it's about 750mb.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm late to the party on this so most of you are probably already aware, but on Ebay you can get a code for the AC/DC pack for like 13 bucks. Yeah, you don't get the disc, but 13 bucks for all these songs isn't bad at all.

Link[/QUOTE]

And yeah, the price has been fluctuating on that thing almost daily. If you look through his feedback, you'll see people who got it for $9.95...then it went to $12.95 (when I bought it). Then back down to $9.95 toward the end of the auction. Now, this new listing shows $14.95. I'd advise people to wait till the listing is about to end. You'll probably get the best price.

Am I the only one who has taken the yellow cap off of a mostly full Pepsi bottle found in the middle of a parking lot? I may have hit a new low, but at least it won me another song.:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']Am I the only one who has taken the yellow cap off of a mostly full Pepsi bottle found in the middle of a parking lot? I may have hit a new low, but at least it won me another song.:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Nope, hell, think of it as finding $2 if you win, would you stop and pick up two bucks if you saw it on the ground? I know I would. (how I said that made me think of the old SNL Harry Caray skit with the hot dog, haha).

[quote name='tgk2044']Nope, hell, think of it as finding $2 if you win, would you stop and pick up two bucks if you saw it on the ground? I know I would. (how I said that made me think of the old SNL Harry Caray skit with the hot dog, haha).[/QUOTE]

"Would you eat the moon if it was made of green cheese?" Ha! Classic. I would also pick up caps If I found them the wife and I still have some trouble finding them, but so far I'm 9/10 on wins.

[quote name='tgk2044']Nope, hell, think of it as finding $2 if you win, would you stop and pick up two bucks if you saw it on the ground? I know I would. (how I said that made me think of the old SNL Harry Caray skit with the hot dog, haha).[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl: "I have Mad Cow Disease....IT'S REALLY NOT THAT BAD!"

On a random note, I just discovered the joy of "Date With The Night" on drums. I love that "CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE" part, it makes you feel like you're Animal from the Muppets or something!

[quote name='BustaUppa']On a random note, I just discovered the joy of "Date With The Night" on drums. I love that "CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE" part, it makes you feel like you're Animal from the Muppets or something![/QUOTE]

That is a good song. It's pretty tricky and unique too. I was pretty pumped the first time I 5 starred it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']On a random note, I just discovered the joy of "Date With The Night" on drums. I love that "CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE" part, it makes you feel like you're Animal from the Muppets or something![/QUOTE]
I Think it's one of those fun all around songs. Hearing someone trying to do the Karen-O vocals is always fun to hear.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think it's one of those fun all around songs. Hearing someone trying to do the Karen-O vocals is always fun to hear.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there's something interesting about all the parts of that song - the guitar has that insane wall of chords in the middle, and the bass doesn't technically exist.

Weird. The Spinal Tap individual songs are up on the marketplace (not in the in-game music store yet), but the full pack isn't available yet on either. Guess I got up early for nothing.

[quote name='Trakan']So I guess Third Eye Blind is coming to Rock Band.

http://kotaku.com/5328874/third-eye-blind-re+records-for-rock-band[/QUOTE]They are touting these as "old hits" so it seems reasonable that we'll get some real 90's crowd-pleasers like "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Jumper." I've never really been into the band but I would definitely get those two songs since they'd be huge hits at any party.

I know some guy left the band a while ago and founded this other group Snake River Conspiracy, and he made a point of bashing 3EB so I assume they went out on bad terms. I guess that's why they're re-recording the songs?

[quote name='Trakan']So I guess Third Eye Blind is coming to Rock Band.

http://kotaku.com/5328874/third-eye-blind-re+records-for-rock-band[/QUOTE]They are touting these as "old hits" so it seems reasonable that we'll get some real 90's crowd-pleasers like "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Jumper." I've never really been into the band but I would definitely get those two songs since they'd be huge hits at any party.

Some guy left the band a while ago and founded this other group Snake River Conspiracy, and he made a point of bashing 3EB so I assume they went out on bad terms. I guess that's why they're re-recording the songs?

[quote name='BustaUppa']They are touting these as "old hits" so it seems reasonable that we'll get some real 90's crowd-pleasers like "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Jumper." I've never really been into the band but I would definitely get those two songs since they'd be huge hits at any party.
[/QUOTE]
I'd be amazed if they release "Semi-Charmed Life" without leaving parts out. For a commercial pop song it has some pretty "Did I just hear that?" Parts on it.

Semi Charmed Life Lyrics:

The sky it was gold, it was rose,
I was taking sips of it through my nose,
And I wish I could get back there,
Some place back there,
Smiling in the pictures you would take,
Doing crystal myth,

*high-five*

I'd have kept going, but the song gets a little fast at that part and I've never known the "slide up around the belly" part, just the mattress part. So amused that it still gets played on the radio with that whole section of the song cut out.

bread's done
Back