Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

AFI pack November 17th.

AP 257 cover stars AFI have revealed a new string of dates that will take them thoughout the western part of the continent in January. The band will also release a five-song pack for the video game Rock Band, which will be available Nov. 17. The downloadable addition will include "Love Like Winter," "The Leaving Song Pt. II," "Beautiful Thieves," "End Transmission" and "Medicate."

http://www.altpress.com/news/8150.htm

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Its pretty sad and despicable if you can't pay 20 bucks for something.[/QUOTE]haha what the hell?? Are we not CAGs?

[quote name='bardockkun']Not bashing RB2. It offered enough for me to say it was a worthy day one purchase (same can probably said about Beatles and GH5), but Lego Rock Band on the other hand. Well, for every good song there are like two or three terrible ones (that cover of "Wild One" made me want to blow my brains out). Just that this one only new thing it brought besides graphically is just customizing your room and that's it.

This game does feel like holiday cash grab I'm kinda sad to say (since I love Harmonix).[/QUOTE]At least this game and Band Hero serve a specific purpose as E10 games. And with the Beatles, they kinda HAD to make the game when they had the chance; it would have been idiotic not to.

Woooo yeah I'm a Harmonix fanboy but at least I kinda said something positive about Band Hero right?!

[quote name='Trakan']The cover of Life is a Highway is godawful as well.[/QUOTE]

I on the other hand thought it was a good addition. I think the Rascal Flatts cover was a good one. I think it was appropriate for this game since it was on the Cars Soundtrack. Not everyone wants to play a "Visions"

Looks like I will finally be downloading some tracks (AFI) after weeks of nothing that interest me.

The original is superior, it's not like it's less kid-friendly, I don't know why they couldn't use Tom Cochrane's version.

11/10:

White Stripes Pack 01 -440pts
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground - 160pts
Girl You Have No Faith in Medicine - 160pts
Icky Thump - 160pts

The Damned - Smash It Up - 160pts
Kasabian - Club Foot - 160pts

----------------

In for White Stripes pack.

[quote name='BustaUppa']haha what the hell?? Are we not CAGs?
[/QUOTE]

Are we not men? We are Devo! Reminds me that we could use a Devo pack.

I'm all for getting something for nothing, but going into Gamestop, and copying down the export code from the gutted copy is not good karma. You could potentially screw over the person who may have to buy that copy.

Weird. Didn't think we'd see The Damned in this game. Still probably not buying it (or anything for the next two weeks since we already know about the AFI pack).

[quote name='jonathanp']Are we not men? We are Devo! Reminds me that we could use a Devo pack.

I'm all for getting something for nothing, but going into Gamestop, and copying down the export code from the gutted copy is not good karma. You could potentially screw over the person who may have to buy that copy.[/QUOTE]ohhh was THAT the context of the statement I quoted? Well that's totally lame and well worth bashing then!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']"Cover" as in remake. ie. "Life is a Highway" is the newer (and most definitely crappier) version by Rascal Flatts that was made for the movie Cars. And "Real Wild Child" (Wild One) is some Disney sounding, girl pop band version by a band called Everlife. They're only covers in the sense that they're not by the artist who wrote the song. It's not like Harmonix used the studio band on these. They're just completely inferior to the originals.

However, just to end this post on a positive note..."Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors is in this game. Frickin "Two Princes"!!! I will probably play that song 800 times over the next month. :)[/QUOTE]

You forgot Word Up! by Korn. It's a shame they went with Rascal Flatts' version of Life is a Highway over Tom Cochrane. It has no "punch" compared to the original. It literally sounds watered down. It had very distinct beats that are just blurred together in this version. I don't mind Real Wild Child. It's nowhere near as good as the original but at least it is still fun. I think you hit the nail on the head with the 'Disney sound.'

And I can't wait to unlock Two Princes. Spin Doctors were just pure fun back in the day. Hopefully we'll get Little Miss Can't Be Wrong for DLC at some point.

Although I was never a fan, I'm surprised Hootie and the Blowfish didn't make an appearance in this game. They seem like they would be the perfect fit. Unless Darius Rucker is totally trying to ignore his past while forging ahead with his country career.

[quote name='Corvin']Unless Darius Rucker is totally trying to ignore his past while forging ahead with his country career.[/QUOTE]
Don't you mean Hootie?

Did it take a long time for anyone else to DL the Lego tracks? I swear it just finished DLing 4 hours after I started it. It's just over a gig. Jeez. And now to give the disc back to the person I borrowed it from (they let me have the code, I paid the 800 pts).

[quote name='Trakan']http://rockbandaide.com/actually-learn-how-to-play-music-in-rock-band-3/

Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Way too ambitious. And obviously that guitar is a joke since it's a GH guitar. And if they were even able to put a button for each fret on each string, the guitar would HAVE to be full sized. And if you're going that route, you might as well just use a USB guitar like this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-USB-Guitar-iAXE393?sku=512882

Clearly, this isn't the technology it's meant for, but if you could create a software that just detects if the right notes are played (rather than pressing the exact string on the exact fret), it would be a lot easier, and would give the game a lot more flexibility in terms of open chords vs. barre chords, not to mention being able to play solos anywhere along the neck as long as you're playing the right notes.

All in all though, while I can appreciate Dhani Harrison's passion, even if executed well, I think the idea would flop. People would be too intimidated by it, and ultimately, once you start requiring people to do actual work and learn something in order to play a game, they're going to bail. Sadly, the concept of pretending to play music is far more appealing to most people than actually learning to play it for real.

That picture of the guitar is pretty ridiculous. If thats what it looks like with that many buttons, why not just buy a shitty real guitar for $100 and learn that?

[quote name='tcrash247']That picture of the guitar is pretty ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Well, it is from cracked.com. So that's probably intentional.

If thats what it looks like with that many buttons, why not just buy a shitty real guitar for $100 and learn that?
Because a RB game as a "trainer" would probably be a lot more appealing than just buying a cheap guitar and just going off to learn on your own.

I don't buy what he's saying, though. I'm sure we'll see some gameplay upgrades/modifications/whatever you want to call it for RB3, but if they're going to go as far as he's suggesting, I'd guess we'd get a separate/spinoff series.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Did anyone see the surprise spongebob pack 2 in the rock store thus morning? I got that and the white stripes.[/QUOTE]

Getting that Spongebob pack for sure.

Did you guys hear that Crush 40 is supposedly on their way to Rock Band via the RBN? "Open Your Heart" & "Live And Learn" would be guaranteed day 1 downloads. *Crosses fingers*

[quote name='Ziv']Did it take a long time for anyone else to DL the Lego tracks? I swear it just finished DLing 4 hours after I started it. It's just over a gig. Jeez. And now to give the disc back to the person I borrowed it from (they let me have the code, I paid the 800 pts).[/QUOTE]Weird, only took like 20-25 minutes for me (xbox).

Am I the only one that find the songs available in Lego Rock band to play via DLC to be extremely weak? Please tell me they aren't done approving songs or something.

Anyone who has the PS3 version of Lego Rock Band, you can now redeem your code on the site. It gave me a 12 character code so I'm wondering if you still need the disc to export or if it just lets you download the songs from the "redeem code" menu on the PS3?

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week. There's another 5 tracks coming from modern punk luminaries AFI and quite possibly the greatest pop song ever written about Egyptians. Check it out!

-HMXhenry

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 17) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 19):

AFI - Beautiful Thieves
AFI - End Transmission
AFI - Love Like Winter
AFI - Medicate
AFI - The Leaving Song, Pt II
The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian+

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “AFI Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 £5.25 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “AFI Pack 01”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Rock Band Unplugged Tracks for PSP®System

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Nov. 19):

Dead Kennedys - California Über Alles
Sleater-Kinney - You’re No Rock’n’Roll Fun

Price:
$1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

Oh and for Beatles Rock Band.

MTV Games and Harmonix Release Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band As Second Downloadable Album For The Beatles™: Rock Band™ On November 17th

New York – November 13, 2009 – Apple Corps, Ltd., MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced The Beatles’ album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) will be available in its entirety for purchase and playable as downloadable content in The Beatles™: Rock Band™ Music Store starting November 17, 2009.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band becomes the second full album from The Beatles to hit The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store since the video game’s launch on September 9, 2009. Last month MTV Games and Harmonix released Abbey Road (1969) as the first full downloadable album for use in the game. Additionally, “All You Need Is Love,” the first downloadable track available for the game, has shown similar success with more than 100,000 downloads to date on XboxLIVE® online entertainment network and all Apple Corps Ltd., MTV Games, Harmonix and Microsoft proceeds benefiting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).

With “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” “With A Little Help From My Friends,” “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds,” “Getting Better,” and “Good Morning Good Morning” already included on The Beatles: Rock Band game disc, players will now be able to play songs from, and complete, the entire Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album.

Available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft (Nov. 17) and PlayStation®3 System (Nov. 19):

Individual Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band singles: “Fixing A Hole,” “She’s Leaving Home,” “Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!,” “Within You Without You,” “When I’m Sixty-Four,” “Lovely Rita,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)” and “A Day In The Life.”

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per each individual track

The “Complete The Album Pack” features:
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band singles: “Fixing A Hole,” “She’s Leaving Home,” “Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!,” “Within You Without You,” “When I’m Sixty-Four,” “Lovely Rita,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)” and “A Day In The Life.”

Price:
$13.49 USD, £7.49, €8.99 (1080 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Complete The Album Pack”

You know, it wasn't in the Rock Band forum announcement, but on Xbox360achievements.com, they said we're also getting "New Fang" by Them Crooked Vultures. If it's true, I wonder why it wasn't in the official announcement. Of course, the Spongebob pack wasn't announced either, so I guess they like surprises these days...

Edit: Ah, I guess the announcement was updated...

Cambridge, Mass. – Nov. 13, 2009 - Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that Them Crooked Vultures are premiering on Rock Band beginning next week with “New Fang,” the single from the band’s self-titled debut album. The song will be added to the Rock Band Music Store and LEGO Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

“Them Crooked Vultures are keenly aware of the different ways in which modern music fans digest new music and are therefore especially happy to be able to offer the first single from their self-titled debut up as a downloadable Rock Band game track on the same day the album goes on sale,” stated Them Crooked Vultures.

The debut self-titled album from Them Crooked Vultures, which is composed of Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme and John Paul Jones, will be released Nov. 17 in the United States, the same day and date that “New Fang” will be available for Rock Band download on the Xbox 360. The band released the single as a free download for fans Nov. 3 and has been streaming their full album on their website, www.themcrookedvultures.com, since Nov. 9. The band is touring the United States in November, and their December tour of the United Kingdom sold out in just 12 minutes.

Them Crooked Vultures’ “New Fang” will be available Nov. 17 for the Xbox 360, Nov. 24 for the Wii and Dec. 3 for the PlayStation 3 in both the Rock Band Music Store and LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

I have a question, I know there is a code on Lego Rock Band to transfer the songs to Rock Band, however I was wondering when you transfer those songs and play them in regular Rock Band do you play as your regular character? or do you end up being Lego people instead?

[quote name='Pikachuusb']I have a question, I know there is a code on Lego Rock Band to transfer the songs to Rock Band, however I was wondering when you transfer those songs and play them in regular Rock Band do you play as your regular character? or do you end up being Lego people instead?[/QUOTE]
Your regular characters. Once you export the LRB tracks, it acts like any other piece of DLC you have, so you just play as normal.

[quote name='Jbently']Your regular characters. Once you export the LRB tracks, it acts like any other piece of DLC you have, so you just play as normal.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information :D

I am VERY selective on what i buy as DLC for rockband, as if i got everything i wanted i would probably go bankrupt. The most recent thing I want is the new freezepop tracks, but i'll have to wait until my friend rents me Lego Rock band from his work so I can export the tracks.

anyone see on their twitter they are giving away sgt peppers dlc codes away for free! what is that? they already all been used how do u get one to work?

[quote name='pacemakerguy']ha with probably 7000 people waiting at one point for it i doubt i could type fast enough for it.[/QUOTE]

Copy and paste on the xbox.com marketplace. That's the fastest way.

[quote name='xboxliveperson']I won a code on the rock band forums before for Sgt. Peppers when they were having trivia questions. If someone wants to make me an offer, PM me.[/QUOTE]

PM'd about an hour ago.

Hey gang,

It is my distinct pleasure to bring you next week's RB DLC announcement. We've got an amazing pack of 6 live tracks from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (a personal favorite) featured in the group's latest release, The Live Anthology. In addition to that, we've got three more female fronted bands in Kelly Clarkson, P!nk and The Go-Go's that will hit the spot for any vocalist with a soft spot for fun pop music, regardless of gender. Check it out!

-HMXhenry

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 24) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 26, but we're double checking this date to see if it's affected by the Thursday holiday):

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “A Thing About You (live)” +
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “American Girl (live)”
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Even the Losers (live)”
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Here Comes My Girl (live)” +
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Mary Jane’s Last Dance (live)”
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Refugee (live)” +
Kelly Clarkson – “Miss Independent” +
P!nk – “Who Knew” +
The Go-Go’s – “Our Lips Are Sealed” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 01”

Rock Band DLC Additions for Wii in Europe

Rock Band 2 for the Wii was released Oct. 9 in Europe. Featuring over 100 songs (The Rock Band 2 game disc features 84 tracks. In addition, players have access to an additional 20 free DLC tracks. Online connection required.), Rock Band 2 showcases an extensive music catalogue with an eclectic blend of classic and new artists. The Rock Band library for Wii in Europe is being updated regularly with back-catalog tracks. For a complete list of tracks available now, visit http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...20#post3247220.

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

bread's done
Back