Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I will however blindly support the keytar/board because the next step is obviously a baller ass MUSE pack!!!!! That's what I saw when I saw that ebony and ivory logo. None of this piano man, Billy Joel bullshit. It's all about Matthew Bellamy, bitch![/QUOTE]

Elton John, bitches.

[quote name='Richlough']I wish they would add rhythm guitar .[/QUOTE]

Same. Just have a Bass/Rhythm option and just chart the more interesting/fun one.

I might be the only person that thinks a keyboard/keytar idea to be bad. I think it limits users especially when playing online since there will be a ton of songs that wont have charting for it. It also promotes bringing in bands/songs that do utilize one, which means less metal and more pop.

I can't help but think they should have unveiled this closer to release, or at least till after the next wave of Guitar Hero crap was revealed. Now come E3 we'll see an announcement for "Guitar Hero : We Also Have Pianos"

[quote name='lordopus99']I might be the only person that thinks a keyboard/keytar idea to be bad. I think it limits users especially when playing online since there will be a ton of songs that wont have charting for it. It also promotes bringing in bands/songs that do utilize one, which means less metal and more pop.[/QUOTE]
Well keyboards/synths can generate many sounds/instruments, so it actually makes some sense that it can play a variety of parts versus using the guitar to play non-guitar parts like some songs do. I'd guess you could have the option just play guitar charts on a keyboard, ignoring the black keys (if the controller is that complex).

[quote name='lordopus99']I might be the only person that thinks a keyboard/keytar idea to be bad. I think it limits users especially when playing online since there will be a ton of songs that wont have charting for it. It also promotes bringing in bands/songs that do utilize one, which means less metal and more pop.[/QUOTE]

Industrial says hi.

Seriously tho, I hope this means more industrial, new wave/darkwave.

I'd like to see Depeche Mode in a music game.
And Muse, Mars Volta, Keane, Shiny Toy Guns.

But I bet we'll see stuff like Elton John and Billy Joel.

[quote name='tcrash247']I can't find anything about that. I hope it's not true, I hate The Doors.[/QUOTE]

Well then don't buy it.

I hope it's true, but they need to release the Pearl Jam one first.

[quote name='tcrash247']I can't find anything about that. I hope it's not true, I hate The Doors.[/QUOTE]
I Think he's just saying that in reference to the supposed keyboard peripheral and how keyboard centric the Doors are.

Plus keyboard peripheral if anything just opens the doors up alot more for RBN.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I can't help but think they should have unveiled this closer to release, or at least till after the next wave of Guitar Hero crap was revealed. Now come E3 we'll see an announcement for "Guitar Hero : We Also Have Pianos"[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought too. Guitar Hero stealing ideas from Rock band gets on my nerves and confuses the masses.

If they do support real keyboards, how do I know if mine would work? It's a smallish one from Service Merchandise that I got for like 120.00 something like 10 years ago... Would it have to be a nicer one, or do all keyboards have a MIDI port or whatever it is (if I can even find the keyboard, lol). As a former pianist, I'd be all over some good keyboard note charts.

[quote name='bardockkun']And I have to toss it out there, but thanks KaneRobot for constantly updating the title's and post. Especially compared to the original Rock Band thread where after launch it was never updated again.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Glad that the game has kept holding interest this long.

[quote name='2DMention']Seriously tho, I hope this means more industrial, new wave/darkwave.

I'd like to see Depeche Mode in a music game.
[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm hoping this results in a lot of New Order.

[quote name='2DMention']I'd like to see Depeche Mode in a music game.
And Muse, Mars Volta, Keane, Shiny Toy Guns.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately my source is just "some guy on a forum" but I've heard that Le Disko is in. That makes me happy. Depeche Mode would make me even more happy! And I'd flip my lid if we got something like "Dead Stars" by Covenant.

[quote name='KaneRobot']No problem. Glad that the game has kept holding interest this long.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to reiterate this thanks as well. It's awesome to check in every once in a while and catch up on the DLC updates...although I'm slightly afraid to know how much I've actually spent on DLC.

Super psyched for RB3 w/keyboards!!!!!!

I finally checked out RBN yesterday for the first time, I had almost given up on not finding anything I liked and then came the T's as I was browsing down the artists list and found Third Eye Blind :shock:

Needless to day I bought all 3 tracks immediately...fucking sweet!

----------------

Really enjoyed the Green Day demo, the animations are dead on. Can't wait to get the full game.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Unfortunately my source is just "some guy on a forum" but I've heard that Le Disko is in. That makes me happy. Depeche Mode would make me even more happy! And I'd flip my lid if we got something like "Dead Stars" by Covenant.[/QUOTE]

Le Disko would be good, although I'd rather see Ghost Town or You Are the One.

GH6 is rumored to be getting Ghost Town, so maybe RB3 will be like RB2 and GH:WT and have some of the same songs as GH6.

Covenant would be sweet, although I'D flip my lid if we got Apoptygma Berserk or Icon of Coil. Xing my Fingers for them on RBN. Sybreed was pretty good.

I DL'd the Green Day demo and wasn't really impressed with the presentation, but like the songs and charts for the two. I've let to sing them

[quote name='Soy Bob']That UI is not new. That was UI that was used in early screenshots for RB1.[/QUOTE]ahhh interesting. thanks for the clarification!

[quote name='Soy Bob']That UI is not new. That was UI that was used in early screenshots for RB1.[/QUOTE]

Dude, which movie is in your sig?

[quote name='Soy Bob']That UI is not new. That was UI that was used in early screenshots for RB1.[/QUOTE]
I Think we all kinda figured that was a photoshopped picture...or at least I did.

Suicide Girls kinda did same thing back in the day and they used RB1 interface as well.

"Possible new drum set: Simulated drum set my comprise any number of drumpads up to ten"

I can finally realize my dream to be like Neil Peart.

[quote name='shieryda']"Possible new drum set: Simulated drum set my comprise any number of drumpads up to ten"

I can finally realize my dream to be like Neil Peart.[/QUOTE]
Let's hope that it comes with revolving platforms, wind chimes and a gong. After that surround yourself in the RB2, Band Hero and Ion drums and you too can be like Neil Peart. Bandanna hopefully included as well.

Drum enhancements better involve nothing more than me buying a new control center for my ions as well as the additional pieces they add. 300 dollars every 2 years for a new drums set ain't gonna happen and it's gonna piss a lot of folks off.

That said though I hope most of the additions they mentioned in the rumors as far as extra drum pads and shit is mostly false. Maybe a high hat pedal...maybe, but anything more and you cross over into territory where you just alienate new players especially since the more elements you add the more expensive it will be.

[quote name='bardockkun']Let's hope that it comes with revolving platforms, wind chimes and a gong. After that surround yourself in the RB2, Band Hero and Ion drums and you too can be like Neil Peart. Bandanna hopefully included as well.[/QUOTE]

Being like Neil Peart would be cool, but I really was hoping for a rotating platform so I could be like Tommy Lee.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Being like Neil Peart would be cool, but I really was hoping for a rotating platform so I could be like Tommy Lee.[/QUOTE]
I Imagine alot of people either vomiting or forgetting that you need another person to turn it off...

Oh and failing the song.

Looked through the songs available in Rock Band Network, and was disappointed to find that there wasn't much available by groups I listen to. The Shins was all that I noticed. I hope more artists take advantage of RBN like The Main Drag did, and throw a bunch of crap out there. I did play through the demo of You All Everybody by Driveshaft, though. Not sure when it was put up, but it feels like a great goodbye to Lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BustaUppa']Unfortunately my source is just "some guy on a forum" but I've heard that Le Disko is in. That makes me happy.[/QUOTE]I love Shiny Toy Guns, and have had them on my Rock Band want list for years. Good to hear that there is a good chance that they'll pop up in the next wave of music games.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I love Shiny Toy Guns, and have had them on my Rock Band want list for years. Good to hear that there is a good chance that they'll pop up in the next wave of music games.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'd like to see Ghost Town or You are the One though.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Looked through the songs available in Rock Band Network, and was disappointed to find that there wasn't much available by groups I listen to. The Shins was all that I noticed. I hope more artists take advantage of RBN like The Main Drag did, and throw a bunch of crap out there. I did play through the demo of You All Everybody by Driveshaft, though. Not sure when it was put up, but it feels like a great goodbye to Lost.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what type of music you like but I personally have been happy with RBN so far. There has been a good selection of music.

Songs I bought for RBN:
A Day To Remember - I'm Made of Wax... (scene),
All Time Low - Walls (pop-punk),
Attack Attack! - Sticky Sticky (scene),
Bang Camero - Push Push (rock),
Bang Camero - Swallow the Razor (rock),
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabyes (irish punk),
Senses Fail - Lady in a Blue Dress (alternative),
There for Tomorrow - A Little Faster (pop-punk),
Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life (pop)

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Looked through the songs available in Rock Band Network, and was disappointed to find that there wasn't much available by groups I listen to.[/QUOTE]
It has been around for a couple of months now (as far as songs actually being on sale), but it's really still quite new. Now that it is actually launched I'd expect we'll see more and more stuff in the coming months.

Not naming names (and you guys wouldn't care about this group anyway if I "name-dropped"), but one fairly well known band I spoke to about 3 weeks ago that was definitely interested in RBN when it was announced wasn't even aware RBN was up and running for the public yet. I'm guessing that's the case with many bands who would otherwise be working on getting content in there. Give it time.

[quote name='jkanownik']Party in my Tummy is one of the greatest songs ever, but sadly ever a keytar isn't getting it in RB.[/QUOTE]

Just knowing that someone else on CAG watches Yo Gabba Gabba, like I do with my girls, is just such a relief.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not naming names (and you guys wouldn't care about this group anyway if I "name-dropped"), but one fairly well known band I spoke to about 3 weeks ago that was definitely interested in RBN when it was announced wasn't even aware RBN was up and running for the public yet. I'm guessing that's the case with many bands who would otherwise be working on getting content in there. Give it time.[/QUOTE]

It was Dave Matthews, wasn't it?:D

What is it that you do for a living? You involved in the music industry somehow?

[quote name='onyxprimal']just knowing that someone else on cag watches yo gabba gabba, like i do with my girls, is just such a relief.[/quote]

qft

bread's done
Back