Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

For July 6th

[quote name='HMXPope']
Hi Fellers and Ladies!
Super exciting week of DLC coming up. One of my all-time favorite bands, Creedence Clearwater Revival, with a 12 pack!!!

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (July 6):

· “Bad Moon Rising”
· “Born on the Bayou”
· “Down on the Corner”
· “Fortunate Son (Original Version)”
· “Green River”
· “I Heard It Through the Grapevine”
· “Lookin’ Out My Back Door”
· “Proud Mary”
· “Run Through the Jungle”
· “Travelin’ Band”
· “Up Around the Bend”
· “Who’ll Stop the Rain”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 7)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points) for Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
[/QUOTE]

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3824082#post3824082
Good choice for the July 4th holiday.

Awesome. Not buying the whole pack but I'll probably get at least half. Farewell, cover version of Fortunate Son! You were one of my first DLC purchases.

I swear CCR was in one of the other music games, either included or as dlc. For the life of me, I can't find the information.

Edit: Guitar Hero 5 - Proud Mary, Travelin' Band and Bad Moon Rising.

Sweet. Definitely in for the whole pack. About damn time we got some CCR in Rock Band. The Fortunate Son cover was actually pretty good, but it'll be nice to have the real thing.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Awesome. Not buying the whole pack but I'll probably get at least half. Farewell, cover version of Fortunate Son! You were one of my first DLC purchases.[/QUOTE]

Haha. So true. I didn't even think of deleting it until you mentioned it. Buh-bye.

Haven't had a 360 or Rock Band for the past 7 months. Going to have to say in that timeframe there have been a lot of good items come into the Rock Band stores. I just blew through about 6000 points in the matter of 30 minutes. Saving about 1000 points to pick up some packs for the cheap on the 6th of July.

I've looked through this thread and didn't see a definitive response to this question. I might have just missed it though.

I've done the export for Lego Rock Band and will be doing Green Day Rock Band here in about an hour or so. Question being, since the exports are downloads from the live service, after you go through the steps, I wont need the disc to re-export later ala Rock Band 1 right? Don't see the need for keeping those discs if I wont need them anymore.

[quote name='Mojimbo']If anything I'll be disappointed if something really cool comes out that would have made good use of the pro guitar or keyboard.[/QUOTE].

Oh well, really glad that they picked a variety of songs like they did with Queen and The Who instead of a single album. Definitely buying the full bundle, I like every one of those songs enough to have bought them as singles if Harmonix had decided to drip feed them to us.

Hopefully Blue Monday means that they can get other New Order songs now. Ceremony or Temptation or Age of Consent would be :drool:.

Oh hot damn that's awesome!

Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes

[quote name='jp0213']I've looked through this thread and didn't see a definitive response to this question. I might have just missed it though.

I've done the export for Lego Rock Band and will be doing Green Day Rock Band here in about an hour or so. Question being, since the exports are downloads from the live service, after you go through the steps, I wont need the disc to re-export later ala Rock Band 1 right? Don't see the need for keeping those discs if I wont need them anymore.[/QUOTE]

Did you use a code for the download? I just used one for the AC/DC tracks (bought a new copy of the game and imported). It they are the same, then I think we can ditch the discs.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not that they'll answer, but ask how the RB2 disc song export will work for RB3.[/QUOTE]

I'm more concerned what happens to our songs(and all DLC) when the next generation of consoles comes out.....

[quote name='shieryda']Did you use a code for the download? I just used one for the AC/DC tracks (bought a new copy of the game and imported). It they are the same, then I think we can ditch the discs.[/QUOTE]
You use a code for the export license, then you can go into the game which enables an export songs. That launches and a window where you purchase the export for 800 points. Both export items show up in my purchase history so I don't see why they you should need the disc but I was wondering if anyone had run into it. I may just test it out myself here after a while. See if the songs are recognized after they have been deleted and then redownloaded outside of the Lego Rock Band.

[quote name='hufferstl']I'm more concerned what happens to our songs(and all DLC) when the next generation of consoles comes out.....[/QUOTE]

Definitely a worthy question, although fortunately we're still at least 2-3 years from new consoles.

I'd guess by the time tne next gen hits they'll have a way to transfer it - that is, if the genre is still healthy enough to continue in the years to come, which I hope it will be.

Even if it winds up being that you have to redownload everything (I'm sure your gamertag will carry over to the next XBox, after all), I'll deal with it.

Rock band dlc has redeemed itself from the last few shit ass weeks. Can't wait! (once I get my internet hooked up. Phones not gonna cut it much longer)

The Liveapalooza sale had me wanting to pick some tracks/packs up, but as soon as I seen the CCR pack, that's the priority. I've been wanting more CCR forever now; now I know how it feels when that happens, like the Megadeth peoples when that pack was announced..

I was excited for Liveapalooza... Until I realized I had 90% of it already... Anyone recommend the Tom Petty pack? Only one I don't have (other than country... blech)

Well got back from the Total Rock Total Rewards competition today. I Tried to ask the gang from Harmonix the questions, but they're at no liberty to discuss those things. Though Primus IS one of those often requested bands so they're fully aware. Other then that I got to play keys in Rock Band 3 as well on the day we arrived. The character models and everything feels like a greater leap from Rock Band 1 to 2. Only complaint I can say off hand is signing out of instruments is a big ass chore.

Looking forward to the sale starting tomorrow. Damn i'm going to spend about 6,000 points buying tons of rock band stuff alone! lol...gotta get pj full album, red hot chili peppers, the who album, megadeth's too, foo fighters (even though i'm not a fan of theirs but for other people who will play with me they can enjoy their album) and much more. Hopefully now people who play on xbl will have some dlc content. Tired of going online and people never have dlc and always wanna play the songs from the game disc. I like those too, just wanna play content I played for so I stick to playing offline at times instead.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Definitely a worthy question, although fortunately we're still at least 2-3 years from new consoles.

I'd guess by the time tne next gen hits they'll have a way to transfer it - that is, if the genre is still healthy enough to continue in the years to come, which I hope it will be.

Even if it winds up being that you have to redownload everything (I'm sure your gamertag will carry over to the next XBox, after all), I'll deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I think once I can no longer cary my RB DLC with me to a new console or a new RB game then I'm out of music games as a whole. There really is no way I'm going to ditch my 300+ songs and start over from scratch.

I took a look at the DLC on sale and I don't think there is anything I would want but don't have. That's the problem with RB DLC. Once a song I like comes out I go "OMG" and buy it the moment it comes out.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well got back from the Total Rock Total Rewards competition today. I Tried to ask the gang from Harmonix the questions, but they're at no liberty to discuss those things. Though Primus IS one of those often requested bands so they're fully aware. Other then that I got to play keys in Rock Band 3 as well on the day we arrived. The character models and everything feels like a greater leap from Rock Band 1 to 2. Only complaint I can say off hand is signing out of instruments is a big ass chore.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks so much for asking that bard!

Ah screw it...I'll just buy the full CCR pack. I was going to get like 7 of them anyway, between the volume discount you get for buying a pack and the reduced price on points right now I may as well.

I'll probably preorder the RB3/Keyboard bundle from Amazon, but I'll wait until after I buy a game with a 20 dollar credit to apply to it.

Interesting RB3 preview video from GameStop's Italian YouTube account. Clearly uses an early build, with several "Placeholder" labels in the song select screen, but it seems to indicate the following new songs:

Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
INXS - Need You Tonight
T.Rex - 20th Century Boy

Also some previously unseen views of the game menus and character creator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQN6Dt8N3k

Is the Liveapalooza DLC on sale for all XBL members or is it Gold-only? I'd be down for the Nirvana pack at that price if a lowly Silver member like me can get in on it.

"Pro" mode looks like its gonna take a lot of practice just to get one song beaten.

And for the CCR pack I'm a little dissapointed right now on the music store I can't buy individual songs, just the whole pack

Midlife Crisis? B/w that and Blue Monday, I'm sold as fuck.

And I've got more than enough GS credit for the pro gee-tar. I'm totally getting that. Of course it looks difficult, ryles - it's bloody pro mode.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I was excited for Liveapalooza... Until I realized I had 90% of it already... Anyone recommend the Tom Petty pack? Only one I don't have (other than country... blech)[/QUOTE]

My biggest concern with the Tom Petty pack is that it was live, but at 440 points I was convinced that it was good enough. They only knock against it is if you like to sing, it might not flow the way you're used to. But for the other three instruments you'll still have fun.

[quote name='ZForce915']My question on Pro Mode is, if I haven't "masted" expert mode will I still have a shot at this?[/QUOTE]Pro mode actually has its own set of difficulty levels, so probably!

I definitely want to get a pro-mode guitar, but it won't be at launch. I'm not spending 200+ all in one go for RB3, and at least for launch day, keyboard takes priority over new guitar for me.

What's the price on the fender one they had? The one that doubles as an actual working guitar, and not the button machine that's $150 at Amazon?

[quote name='ZForce915']My biggest concern with the Tom Petty pack is that it was live, but at 440 points I was convinced that it was good enough. They only knock against it is if you like to sing, it might not flow the way you're used to. But for the other three instruments you'll still have fun.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I hate live songs because of the unexpected vocal changes and random solos (lookin at you acdc) but the guitar looks fun on these, and the discount is nice.

[quote name='mykevermin']What's the price on the fender one they had? The one that doubles as an actual working guitar, and not the button machine that's $150 at Amazon?[/QUOTE]
No price or date has been announced yet . I Want to say when it comes out though probably at least $300...

[quote name='Mojimbo']Which version of Grapevine did they use?[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive since I haven't seen it yet, but I saw someone elsewhere claiming it was the 10 minute version.

Edit - the song is 75 MB, so I'm sure it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr ryles']pro mode might have to be the point where I say its time to pick up a real guitar[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the point it is...lol. Assuming you get the Squier, it IS a real guitar...one that you could play without even turning the game on (since it's got a standard 1/4" jack to plug into an amp). It's also going to be ridiculously hard on most songs outside of the first couple tiers. In my opinion, people need to stop thinking of pro mode as being "part of the game", and start thinking of it as guitar lessons. If you're not interested in really learning how to play guitar, you have no business going anywhere near pro mode.

Does anyone know how to buy the Who pack that is on sale for $10 this week? I couldn't find it on the 360 Rock Band Music Store under Albums or Track Packs.

bread's done
Back