Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

There is a correction in that joystiq article. The Soundgarden DLC is *NOT* free with purchase of the game. The music CD is free, and the DLC is available for purchase.

I do wish the DLC was available for RB instead, though. I'd buy several of those greatest hits songs in a heartbeat.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I feel that I shouldn't be so estatic to finally get Huey Lewis onto the platform via rb3.[/QUOTE]

I was listening to a playlist of all the tracks rumored/confirmed for RB3 (best disc setlist ever, btw), but damn if Huey Lewis didn't stick out above the rest. It sounds like it could be pretty repetitive, but it's still going to be fun as hell to play.

[quote name='lordopus99']I notice a good portion of these songs use/have keyboards involved. Do we know if Harmonix is building in keyboard charting for these newer released DLC tracks for RB3?[/QUOTE]They've asserted that there are no hidden key charts in DLC coming out before RB3. However you can use a keyboard to play a (non-pro) guitar or bass chart in RB3, so there's that at least.

[quote name='flybrione']Just found out that Atomic is available through RBN but for 240 pts. That sucks![/QUOTE]I think Atomic is one of those tracks that's only available via backdoor Google searching. A Harmonix rep cautioned against buying tracks that way, since there's always a chance they might be retooled (and hopefully re-priced) before being added to the official store.

[quote name='tcrash247']I know it's just a greatest hits album and I could care less about the cd, but they're getting a voucher for those songs downloadable for GH. I want more Soundgarden in Rock Band, no matter what songs they are.[/QUOTE]We're supposed to be getting some!! http://rockbandaide.com/4715/more-soundgarden-dlc-coming-to-rock-band-rumor/

soundgarden is way over rated and I don't think the deal is that enticing really unless you can pick up the game @ tru or somewhere that'll throw in a $20 gc or something like that. the cd is just old trash put on a new cd, new album cover and all with a song or two as a bonus to make it "new" so they say and i'm sure the dlc included will come out for purchase. Besides, we all know guitar hero games usually go on sale quick as the past few have done so. I'll stick to my beloved Rock Band as well and hope they get some more music out as the last few dlc's haven't been so good..

[quote name='Corvin']I was listening to a playlist of all the tracks rumored/confirmed for RB3 (best disc setlist ever, btw), but damn if Huey Lewis didn't stick out above the rest. It sounds like it could be pretty repetitive, but it's still going to be fun as hell to play.[/QUOTE]

Got a link to the rumored setlist? I googled it but couldn't find anything except for that guy's wishlist from the Rock Band forums.

That's the problem, Rock Band has superior gameplay, but Guitar Hero gets great songs like Indians by Anthrax, while everyone is hyping Huey Lewis and Linkin Park for Rock Band, are you kidding me??

[quote name='goatindaruffness']That's the problem, Rock Band has superior gameplay, but Guitar Hero gets great songs like Indians by Anthrax, while everyone is hyping Huey Lewis and Linkin Park for Rock Band, are you kidding me??[/QUOTE]
With more then three songs a week and RBN it's hard to complain. For every metal gem like Anthrax we get things like Testament or Exodus. Plus the RB3 setlist has yet to be fully revealed, so eitherway some songs here and there being on Guitar Hero (Dethklok, In Flames, Misfits, etc.) isn't that big a deal because something good is always around the corner.

I agree with goat because some of my favorite bands are making it to gh5 while rock band is just putting out pop songs and stuff like huey lewis..you've gotta be kidding me really. I'll take anthrax, judas priest, kiss, the monkees, janis joplin, allman brothers band and so many other bands over this crap and putting out nickelodeon stuff on there...lol

[quote name='BustaUppa']Here's a very well-maintained list of all confirmed and rumored songs, with an embedded playlist to boot! http://rockbandaide.com/rb3-setlist/[/QUOTE]

That rumored setlist from Gamefaqs looks pretty awesome. The fact that some of the songs have since been confirmed makes me excited that it could actually be legit. Finally we'd get some Bob Marley, Warren Zevon (here's hoping to the full album of Excitable Boy), and Beach Boys as well as more Bowie, QOTSA and Tom Petty.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I agree with goat because some of my favorite bands are making it to gh5 while rock band is just putting out pop songs and stuff like huey lewis..you've gotta be kidding me really. I'll take anthrax, judas priest, kiss, the monkees, janis joplin, allman brothers band and so many other bands over this crap and putting out nickelodeon stuff on there...lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah Pop stuff (sarcasm time... just listing recent releases)...
Eagles of Death Metal is pop.
KMFDM is pop.
Avenged Sevenfold is pop.
Bad Religion is pop.
Stooges is pop.
Asking Alexandria is pop.
Norma Jean is pop.
Widespread Panic is pop.
I could imagine all these groups playing on nickelodeon. :lol:

But hey if the selection isn't good enough for you... just move over to Guitar Hero where all your "non-nickelodeon stuff" is. I personally will stick with my Rock Band eclectic selection, as I personally dislike the groups you listed and are glad for them not showing up (more in the case of Kiss and Judas Priest).

PS You do realize the Monkees are truly pop. (no sarcasm here) ;)

Nickelodeon is metal.

Spongebob has had the following bands on it's soundtracks: Wilco, The Shins, The Flaming Lips, Ween, Pantera, Motörhead and Twisted Sister.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I agree with goat because some of my favorite bands are making it to gh5 while rock band is just putting out pop songs and stuff like huey lewis..you've gotta be kidding me really. I'll take anthrax, judas priest, kiss, the monkees, janis joplin, allman brothers band and so many other bands over this crap and putting out nickelodeon stuff on there...lol[/QUOTE]Just in case this isn't fakeposting I'll point out that almost every band you listed is in Rock Band already (and of the two that aren't, one is quite feasibly rumored for RB3). Musical selection is pretty much the last thing anyone can criticize about this series. We're in kind of a lame-duck period now, with RB3 on the way, and we still get stuff like CCR, Bad Religion, and La Roux within a few weeks of each other!

[quote name='PenguinoMF']http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31363
http://www.lpassociation.com/articleimages/080510-092910_ats%20marketing.JPG

Linkin Park will be coming to Rock Band on September 14th.

2 new songs and 6 old songs.[/QUOTE]Cool, hopefully they have the good sense to hold off on any keyboard-heavy stuff like "In The End." With that said, this is a smart way for any band to release new material in RB - like, I'd be skeptical about the new songs, but with six familiar tracks I'll probably just buy the full pack.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']That's the problem, Rock Band has superior gameplay, but Guitar Hero gets great songs like Indians by Anthrax, while everyone is hyping Huey Lewis and Linkin Park for Rock Band, are you kidding me??[/QUOTE]

Get a bunch of awesome friends over to your house.

Add copious amounts of alcohol and set them in front of rock band.

Trust me, nobody's interested in playing "Blood Splattered Shitbag" by Death McDeath.

They do, on the other hand, want to scream "DON'T STOP! BELIEVIN'!" at the top of their lungs. You do, too, even if you hate the song.

That's what this game is meant for; drunk parties with friends.

Anthrax does not equal "Shitty Deathbag" or whatever you said, and saying the game is meant for a "drunk party with friends" is hardly a strict definition.

Oh - and if someone wants to get drunk and sing Journey, they ain't awesome.

While you guys argue whether Anthrax or Journey is more fun to play while drunk, RockBandAide reports this is our DLC for next week:

Asking Alexandria – A Prophecy (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria – Hey There Mr. Brooks (160 MSP)
Band of Horses – The Great Salt Lake (160 MSP)
Charlie Drown – Crazy X (160 MSP)
Social Code – Satisfied (160 MSP)
The Guild feat. Felicia Day – (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (80 MSP)

I have no idea what any of this is. Pass for me.

[quote name='DJP519']While you guys argue whether Anthrax or Journey is more fun to play while drunk, RockBandAide reports this is our DLC for next week:

I have no idea what any of this is. Pass for me.[/QUOTE]Pass for me too, but that's just a list of RBN tracks that are available right now ;)

A new RB3 song has been confirmed, "Space Oddity" by David Bowie - http://twitter.com/MrPope/statuses/20474766509 (links to podcast that mentions the song)

That leaked GameFAQs list is looking more legit every day! \\:D/

[quote name='DJP519']While you guys argue whether Anthrax or Journey is more fun to play while drunk, RockBandAide reports this is our DLC for next week:

I have no idea what any of this is. Pass for me.[/QUOTE]

No it is a Ministry 3 pack. All those songs are just recently released RBN.

Ministry – “Stigmata”
Ministry – “Thieves”
Ministry – “Jesus Built My Hotrod”

[quote name='lordopus99']No it is a Ministry 3 pack. All those songs are just recently released RBN.

Ministry – “Stigmata”
Ministry – “Thieves”
Ministry – “Jesus Built My Hotrod”[/QUOTE]

Hellz yeah, JBMH for me.

And as far as the Journey v. Anthrax debate, it's apples and oranges. I'm a diehard Anthrax fan, despite Scott Ian being a prick when I met them, but happen to like both groups/genres. I could rock out to Anthrax (Attack of the Killer B's or Persistence of Time, please?) or I could to Journey, but to say one or the other definitely sucks is nothing more than a matter of personal taste.

And where in the hell is "Scotty Doesn't Know"?? I demand it!

The Guild is quite a funny web show (also available on DVD). Felicia Day is the awesome, hot creator of the show. She's also the love interest in Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog.

I'm still waiting on 2DMention to chime in on Ministry pack coming next week...

Eitherway slow week next week, not that I'm complaining since I'll get all three songs.

Linkin Park tracks hitting September 14th:

With A Thousand Suns nearing it's release, promotion for the new record is coming from every direction. We can now confirm WB has planned for ATS tracks to appear in numerous video games, on and after it's release date. As well as Linkin Park being Xbox Artist of the Month this September, you can find ATS tracks in the following:

• 9/14 Rockband will release DLC of 2 new songs + 6 hits
  • 9/14 Tap Tap Revenge will release LP version of their app (5 new + 5 catalog songs)
  • 9/28 FIFA video game release (feat. new song)
  • 10/19 Guitar Hero will release 6 new songs
  • 10/19 DJ Hero will release 3 new songs
  • 10/19 MMA video game release (feat. new song)
http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31363

Woot! :bouncy:

EDIT: I see this is old news now :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordopus99']No it is a Ministry 3 pack. All those songs are just recently released RBN.

Ministry – “Stigmata”
Ministry – “Thieves”
Ministry – “Jesus Built My Hotrod”[/QUOTE]

Nice...especially Stigmata!

Here's a dumb question: I have a MIDI-compatible keyboard that I plan on using with the game. I already have an USB MIDI cord that I can plug directly into my 360. Do I REALLY need to buy the MadCatz adapter?

[quote name='grundy']Here's a dumb question: I have a MIDI-compatible keyboard that I plan on using with the game. I already have an USB MIDI cord that I can plug directly into my 360. Do I REALLY need to buy the MadCatz adapter?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, only because the MadCatz adapter makes your keyboard recognizable as a 360 controller (home button & ABXY buttons).

And... Rock Band 3 is looking amazing so far!!! I'm loving the songs compared to Brutal Le... I mean Guitar Hero 6. ;)

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm still waiting on 2DMention to chime in on Ministry pack coming next week...

Eitherway slow week next week, not that I'm complaining since I'll get all three songs.[/QUOTE]

Yey! Finally my Ministry 3 pack. And they're all good songs too.

This'll be the first time I've bought songs in quite awhile.

God forbid there be some variety on the disc setlist. :roll:

Sometimes you just want a 'fun' song to play. Having a disc full of nothing but 5-star metal would suck, and this is coming from someone that would buy Dream Theater's entire catalog if I could. I have GH: Metallica, and while it's a great game, it's not fun playing blistering song, after blistering song. Variety is the spice of life. Plus, as mentioned, metal doesn't go over so well at RB parties. Plus after a long day of work, playing with the kids, boning the wife, etc. sometimes you want to relax with some RB.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Trust me, nobody's interested in playing "Blood Splattered Shitbag" by Death McDeath.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Okay, that was funny.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I'm surprised La Roux's "Bulletproof" came out for Rock Band already because of the keyboard, unless it's going to have the kb track for RB3.[/QUOTE]

They've been anticipating the keyboard and I think eve the pro drums and guitar in recent DLC. So it should have keyboards when you play it in RB3.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Achievement list is out:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/achievements/

They mention Pro mode on a bunch of these achievements, and it has probably been discussed here before, but do you need special instruments (guitar/drums/keys) for pro mode?[/QUOTE]
Guitar wise, yes you need to buy a new guitar. Drums, as long as you have the RB2, Beatles or Ion sets then all you need is the cymbals expansion. Keys you're just fine with the normal keytar that's being released by MadCatz.

Plus 1250 points and an achievement for a song released two years ago (Perfect Drug)? Everything seems fine until the last few on that list...

[quote name='bardockkun']Guitar wise, yes you need to buy a new guitar. Drums, as long as you have the RB2, Beatles or Ion sets then all you need is the cymbals expansion. Keys you're just fine with the normal keytar that's being released by MadCatz.

Plus 1250 points and an achievement for a song released two years ago (Perfect Drug)? Everything seems fine until the last few on that list...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

So this Mad Catz Fender is the only guitar that will support Pro Mode? There are no 'official' instruments with RB3?

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Must..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281639160&sr=8-5

I didn't realize Perfect Drug was DLC from that long ago. It was also on the Vol 2 track pack. It sounds like we are getting some free DLC songs too based on some of those achievements.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Thanks for the info

So this Mad Catz Fender is the only guitar that will support Pro Mode? There are no 'official' instruments with RB3?

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Must..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281639160&sr=8-5
[/QUOTE]
MadCatz IS the official instrument developer for Rock Band now. So that Mustang guitar is the official one for use in Rock Band 3. Though there's also an actual guitar Squier coming out for Rock Band 3 that doubles as a real guitar that has yet to get a release date or price. Other then that, those are the only things coming out that support pro guitar.

Full info on the Squier http://rockbandaide.com/5791/play-rock-band-guitar-real-guitar-or-both/

[quote name='bardockkun']MadCatz IS the official instrument developer for Rock Band now. So that Mustang guitar is the official one for use in Rock Band 3. Though there's also an actual real guitar Squier coming out for Rock Band 3 that doubles as a real guitar that has yet to get a release date or price. Other then that, those are the only things coming out that support pro guitar.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think I had read that MadCatz is making the instruments now, but that real guitar announcement had me thinking that it was required to play pro mode. Good to hear it is not. I need a new guitar though so I guess I'll just wait for this one to come out.

Man, with a $150 guitar, the $130 keytar/game bundle, plus $40 for cymbals this game is gonna cost me a lot of dough if I want to play it on pro mode.

Wow, way too many of those achievements involve buying shit other than Rock Band 3. None of them go outside of the standard making progress either. I wish they'd put some achievements in the game that are a testament to how much you play Rock Band. Like play rock band for 100 days in a row, Play 10,000 songs, etc.

I'm just skeptic on the DLC achievements as a whole. It just seems odd that you have to buy specific songs to get cheezmints amongst the giant library of songs. Plus another 3 pack of songs next week. I Take it it'll be slow amounts of DLC until Rock Band 3 is out.

Question time. A while back I traded in my old 360 for the COD Elite one. I had all my Rock Band stuff saved on that old hard drive including the AC/DC Live disc and the Rock Band 1 exported songs. I didn't have both hard drives together so I couldn't transfer my entire hard drive. I haven't played Rock Band in a little while but I'm going on a vacation next week and I'm bringing my Rock Band stuff. I went through the store and redownloaded everything that I bought.

I do not have my Rock Band disc anymore but I do have my AC/DC disc. Is there a way to get the RB1 and AC/DC songs back into my RB2 game without paying for them because I already did?

bread's done
Back