Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Here's the rockband.com DLC Announcement for next week:

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! Eagle eyed posters will have already caught wind of this via announcements made by the bands on Twitter and Facebook, so let that be a lesson to you: DLC announcements can come from anywhere! Be sure to keep an eye on upcoming newsletters, community events, podcasts, etc. for more announcements in the future. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Aug. 17):

The Black Keys – “Strange Times”
The Black Keys – “I Got Mine”
The Black Keys – “Your Touch”
Neon Trees – “Animal”
Neon Trees – “Sins of My Youth”
Neon Trees – “1983”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Aug. 18)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Black Keys Pack 01” and “Neon Trees Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Pointsâ„¢) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Black Keys Pack 01 or Neon Trees Pack 01

Definitely in for the Black Keys.

[quote name='tcrash247']I do not have my Rock Band disc anymore but I do have my AC/DC disc. Is there a way to get the RB1 and AC/DC songs back into my RB2 game without paying for them because I already did?[/QUOTE]I could be wrong but I believe you can get AC/DC back by going through your download history. For RB1 you're out of luck until you get your hands on a disc I'm afraid... you'll need find the Export License in your download history (or just go through the RB1 options menu) and physically rip the tracks from the disc again.

Basically your download history has you covered, only thing you might need to pay for depends on how you obtain the RB1 disc.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I could be wrong but I believe you can get AC/DC back by going through your download history. For RB1 you're out of luck until you get your hands on a disc I'm afraid... you'll need find the Export License in your download history (or just go through the RB1 options menu) and physically rip the tracks from the disc again.

Basically your download history has you covered, only thing you might need to pay for depends on how you obtain the RB1 disc.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks a lot! I'll try that tonight and see what I can find.

Finally, the Black Keys! I've been requesting them for two years now. I wonder how the bass track will play out for their songs though... I guess I should go back and see what they did for the White Stripes songs.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I could be wrong but I believe you can get AC/DC back by going through your download history. For RB1 you're out of luck until you get your hands on a disc I'm afraid... you'll need find the Export License in your download history (or just go through the RB1 options menu) and physically rip the tracks from the disc again.

Basically your download history has you covered, only thing you might need to pay for depends on how you obtain the RB1 disc.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is exactly correct.

As for the Black Keys and the Neon Trees, I don't know, maybe I'm out of touch, but I've never heard of either one of these bands...

Here's a really dumb Rock Band 3 question: will Guitar Hero guitars still be compatible with the PS3 and 360 versions?

[quote name='grundy']Here's a really dumb Rock Band 3 question: will Guitar Hero guitars still be compatible with the PS3 and 360 versions?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have been since RB1 I believe.

Finally got around to playing the Ministry tracks, and I noticed Jesus Built My Hotrod has the fifth fret in the song for medium Bass. Weird.

[quote name='2DMention']Finally got around to playing the Ministry tracks, and I noticed Jesus Built My Hotrod has the fifth fret in the song for medium Bass. Weird.[/QUOTE]

That may have something to do with Harmonix's new policy that was inacted for RBN authors, and presumably is carrying over to official DLC, that if a song uses a fret in a higher difficulty, that fret must appear at least once in every lower difficulty. In other words, if a song uses all 5 frets on Expert and Hard (and I can only assume most do), then there must be at least one orange note in Medium, and at least one blue and one orange on Easy. Here's a discussion on it at the RB Forums: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192487

As a medium player, I'm not really too happy about it, but I suppose it won't kill me.

[quote name='BlueWingX']That may have something to do with Harmonix's new policy that was inacted for RBN authors, and presumably is carrying over to official DLC, that if a song uses a fret in a higher difficulty, that fret must appear at least once in every lower difficulty. In other words, if a song uses all 5 frets on Expert and Hard (and I can only assume most do), then there must be at least one orange note in Medium, and at least one blue and one orange on Easy. Here's a discussion on it at the RB Forums: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192487

As a medium player, I'm not really too happy about it, but I suppose it won't kill me.[/QUOTE]

You gotta step that game up, son! Medium to hard is the toughest transition. You'll suck total balls at first but when you get the hang of it you'll be all "OMG I can't believe I hit that!!!:bouncy:"

[quote name='FLiiPsyde']can anybody lead me in the right direction for new controllers but not the wood ones, the old 360 GH guitars preferably[/QUOTE]

anybody please, my guitar finally broke and am having troubles finding new ones that aren't expensive

[quote name='FLiiPsyde']can anybody lead me in the right direction for new controllers but not the wood ones, the old 360 GH guitars preferably[/QUOTE]
If your Toys R Us has it you can possibly find the XPlorer there for $10. They move slow in selling those even for those price. Otherwise you have to remember Rock Band 3 is coming in about three months.
[quote name='BlueWingX']That may have something to do with Harmonix's new policy that was inacted for RBN authors, and presumably is carrying over to official DLC, that if a song uses a fret in a higher difficulty, that fret must appear at least once in every lower difficulty. In other words, if a song uses all 5 frets on Expert and Hard (and I can only assume most do), then there must be at least one orange note in Medium, and at least one blue and one orange on Easy. Here's a discussion on it at the RB Forums: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192487

As a medium player, I'm not really too happy about it, but I suppose it won't kill me.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, Harmonix has done it before in Guitar Hero I think with Butthole Surfers in the first one I believe.

[quote name='Soy Bob']On disk for Rock Band 3:

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up
INXS - Need You Tonight
Poni Hoax - Antibodies
Rammstein - Du Hast
Roxette - The Look
Tokio Hotel - Humanoid
HIM - Killing Loneliness
Maná - Oye Mi Amor
Slipknot - Before I Forget
War - Low Rider

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-16-rammstein-and-bob-marley-in-rock-band-3[/QUOTE]

I consider myself pretty hip to music and I can only recognize Bob Marley and Rammstein. I recognize about 4 of the other bands though.

[quote name='lordopus99']
I personally recognize all but 3 songs (HIM, Mana, Poni Hoax???).
The tracklist so far isn't nearly as good as GH:WoR[/QUOTE]

Different strokes for different folks.

For me, RB3 isn't just better... it's blown GH:WoR out of the water. I mean, Huey Lewis, Roxette, Tears for Fears? Win.

No sarcasm. Ha.

I think the problem for me that RB3 is running into, is the songs that I'm looking forward to I'm freaking STOKED about. Smiths, Huey Lewis, Tears for Fears? Yes please!!!
But stuff like HIM, Tokio Hotel, and Mana? Not at all.

There isn't as much "Oh, that might be alright, I'll check that song out". It's all "Holy Crap, that song is on RB3!!!!" or "Are you serious? I don't wanna ever play that song."

[quote name='Corvin']The phrase "higher highs and lower lows" comes to mind, myl0r.[/QUOTE]
pretty much sums up my thoughts. Thanks, i was having a brain fart.

Free Bird and a bunch of other songs revealed in a video posted today!!! :whee:

The following songs have been spotted in the song select screen in the background of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUGXH9Zm5og

Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
At the Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations (Live)"
Big Country - "In a Big Country"
Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
The Bronx - "False Alarm"
Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"
Devo - "Whip It"
Dire Straits - "Walk of Life"
Dover - "King George"
Echo & the Bunnymen - "The Killing Moon"
Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)"
Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"
The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"
Golden Earring - "Radar Love"
James Brown - "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
John Lennon - "Imagine"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
Paramore - "Misery Business"
Phish - "Llama"
The Police - "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
Primus - "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver"
Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
The Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
The Raveonettes - "Last Dance"
Riverboat Gamblers - "Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead"
The Sounds - "Living in America"
Steve Miller Band - "Fly Like an Eagle"
Tegan and Sara - "The Con"
Warren Zevon - "Werewolves of London"
The Who - "I Can See for Miles"

[quote name='bustauppa']free bird and a bunch of other songs revealed in a video posted today!!! :whee:

Amy winehouse - "rehab"
at the drive-in - "one armed scissor"
beach boys - "good vibrations (live)"
big country - "in a big country"
blondie - "heart of glass"
the bronx - "false alarm"
deep purple - "smoke on the water"
devo - "whip it"
dire straits - "walk of life"
dover - "king george"
echo & the bunnymen - "the killing moon"
elton john - "saturday night's alright (for fighting)"
faith no more - "midlife crisis"
the flaming lips - "yoshimi battles the pink robots, pt. 1"
golden earring - "radar love"
james brown - "i got you (i feel good)"
john lennon - "imagine"
lynyrd skynyrd - "free bird"
paramore - "misery business"
phish - "llama"
the police - "don't stand so close to me"
primus - "jerry was a race car driver"
queens of the stone age - "no one knows"
the ramones - "i wanna be sedated"
the raveonettes - "last dance"
riverboat gamblers - "don't bury me... I'm still not dead"
the sounds - "living in america"
steve miller band - "fly like an eagle"
tegan and sara - "the con"
warren zevon - "werewolves of london"
the who - "i can see for miles"[/quote]

RADAR fuckING LOVE

caps

[quote name='tcrash247']Finally some Primus! Even though Jerry was an obvious choice, I'll still rock that out hardcore.[/QUOTE]

The song reminds me of tony hawk 1... oh the good times. Needless to say, each song that comes out of the woodwork, the more excited I get.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Misery Business...

My eyes welled up when I saw that.[/QUOTE]

Weren't "Misery Business" and "Heart of Glass" in GH:WT?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Weren't "Misery Business" and "Heart of Glass" in GH:WT?[/QUOTE]

Misery Business was in Guitar Hero, but I don't play those games. I can't even get jealous or mad when songs are on Guitar Hero instead of Rock Band, because the quality in Guitar Hero games is nonexistent. I would rather not play a song than play it in Guitar Hero.

I rented Guitar Hero World Tour and felt like I was playing a flash game on a web browser; and never even thought about picking up, or checking out, one of their games since.

Yeah I have to agree, there is a lack of metal in the setlist. Was hoping for some melodic metal, but whatever, there's always DLC and RBN2.0.

My only real gripe with the setlist is that it skews too heavily toward the '00s stuff in my opinion. It's almost like the tracks from "Harmonix bands" that we usually get have been replaced by that glut of relatively new, indie-ish stuff. If I look at it that way, I'm less bothered by it, because there's actually a slight chance that a friend of mine might recognize the stuff and be pleasantly surprised (I love you HMX but no one ever wanted to play Rob The Prezodent or whatever it was called :whistle2:$).

From what has been announced, I think there is a fair amount of metal (just maybe not the metal you were expecting Visions-lover, Dragonforce-lover). I personally am glad there isn't a ton in there. I am sick of playing the same 5-7 songs that people pick in Band Quickplay, which are all metal tracks.

[quote name='lordopus99']From what has been announced, I think there is a fair amount of metal (just maybe not the metal you were expecting Visions-lover, Dragonforce-lover). I personally am glad there isn't a ton in there. I am sick of playing the same 5-7 songs that people pick in Band Quickplay, which are all metal tracks.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree. As someone who plays with a group of people of varying skill levels, it's nice to have the eclectic mix. There's a ton of really good metal DLC anyways.

No one likes Visions. Don't be silly.

Not digging RB3's tracklist at all. Obviously there are some songs here and there, but this has probably moved off my "day 1 purchase" radar.

[quote name='KaneRobot']No one likes Visions. Don't be silly.

Not digging RB3's tracklist at all. Obviously there are some songs here and there, but this has probably moved off my "day 1 purchase" radar.[/QUOTE]

I also am not really a fan of the songs selected. Granted there are a few here and there that I am excited for. I think I am more excited by the keyboard, which is why it is day one for me.

As for Visions, I ask you... why do people pick it then?

Found this on Stan Bush's Twitter account....

[quote name='Stan_Bush']I had a lot of fans asking me to put "The Touch" on Rock Band. I'm pleased to announce it's coming out in a few weeks! Thanks all of you!
8:33 AM Aug 18th via web [/QUOTE]

I really hope this is true. Of course, I'd also like "Dare".

bread's done
Back