Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='bardockkun']And according to the screenshots in the newest XBox Magazine (which scored the game at a 9.5) there is strong possibility we maybe getting some Metallica DLC since you can score a Metallica shirt for your character in the game. Either that or can get actual band related shirts for your character to wear. All of which I'm not opposed.[/QUOTE]There's a premium t-shirt store in the game where you have to pay real money(MSP) for unlock keys for real band shirts. I think it's The Doors, The Who, Bob Marley and Spinal Tap right now. The Metallica shirt is in one of the regular fake storefronts and is unlocked for free from the start. I don't think you even have to complete any challenges to get it.

Billy Joel has won six Grammy® Awards since his first hit in 1973. He has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, is a member of the Songwriters’ Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and beginning Dec. 14, some of Billy Joel’s most-loved songs including “Big Shot,” “Captain Jack,” “It’s Still Rock N Roll to Me,” “Movin’ Out,” “Only The Good Die Young,” “Piano Man,” “Pressure,” “Say Goodbye to Hollywood,” “The Entertainer,” and “The Stranger” will be available as Rock Band 3 downloadable content and will include Keys and Pro Keys parts.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4104055

I'll probably get Piano Man and It's Still Rock N Roll. :oops:

[quote name='ReportAGamer']rock band was never my thing.[/QUOTE]
500x_the_more_you_know.jpg

[quote name='bardockkun']And according to the screenshots in the newest XBox Magazine (which scored the game at a 9.5) there is strong possibility we maybe getting some Metallica DLC since you can score a Metallica shirt for your character in the game. Either that or can get actual band related shirts for your character to wear. All of which I'm not opposed.[/QUOTE]

If we got more Metallica DLC (with Pro Guitar charts) I would die.

First four albums should be full album DLC (and what made up GH:Metallica's setlist). fuck, I'm even excited just for the shirts; here's to hoping I can score a Ride the Lightning one.

[quote name='Trakan']I will fly out to Harmonix and personally punch someone in the dick if we don't get "We Didn't Start the Fire."[/QUOTE]

Only reasoning I could think of is if they're planning on having more than one Joel pack. Based on some of those choices, it almost looks like they're intentionally trying to split up some of the big hits and not blow their load all at once.

The idea of a Billy Joel pack was an instant pack purchase for me but now its a 2-3 songs purchase.

And why did they announce this so far in advance? And going off n8rockerasu idea of more than one pack, the announcement says "and beginning Dec. 14, some of Billy Joel’s most-loved songs including.....will be available as Rock Band 3 downloadable content". Kinda like this is the start of it.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']The idea of a Billy Joel pack was an instant pack purchase for me but now its a 2-3 songs purchase.

And why did they announce this so far in advance? And going off n8rockerasu idea of more than one pack, the announcement says "and beginning Dec. 14, some of Billy Joel’s most-loved songs including.....will be available as Rock Band 3 downloadable content". Kinda like this is the start of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah saying the word "including" before naming those songs basically means those are just a sample of what is to come.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of his work in the game as he seems legitimately excited for Rock Band 3.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah saying the word "including" before naming those songs basically means those are just a sample of what is to come.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of his work in the game as he seems legitimately excited for Rock Band 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping that even for this pack, maybe there are a couple unnamed songs that they just didn't want to let people know about quite yet. I guess it just depends on whether there are 10 songs or 12, like was mentioned in the previously linked article.

Forgot to ask/mention, I dunno if any of you guys need achievements in Rock Band 2, but I have a few I still need that require 3-4 players and/or people that don't suck. The only times I've played with a full band, they were all on medium (and they sucked), so things like 1million points and 8x overdrive weren't attainable.

If anyone needs them too or would just like to help, you can reply in here or shoot me a message on XBL. Here are the ones I would likely need help with:

Along for the Ride
Beat an instrument-specific challenge while playing another instrument (can you do challenges online?)

Band Savior
Was a savior three times during a single song

Million Point Club
Earned more than 1,000,000 points in a single song.

Overdrive Overdose
Achieved an 8x Band Multiplier

Stage Igniters
Beat the Impossible Band Challenge

The Bachman-Turner Award
Maintained deployed Overdrive for 90 seconds

I mentioned a few pages back, I definitely need the 90 second overdrive one and I'd be glad to help with some of the others. If any of you guys want to join in, let's get it going. I can do anything except drums.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I mentioned a few pages back, I definitely need the 90 second overdrive one and I'd be glad to help with some of the others. If any of you guys want to join in, let's get it going. I can do anything except drums.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have all the instruments, but I'm terrible at vocals, even with humming. Guitar and Bass I can play almost everything on Expert, and drums on Hard for the majority of songs. I read up on the overdrive one, and as long as we have three or so people playing and we can time our overdrives, it shouldn't be too hard at all.

Ok so we have been though like 8 guitar Hero games 3 Rock Band games and Rock Band Network, and still the only song by Every Time I Die is on guitar Hero 2.

We need more ETID

I'm working on Mon. instead of Wed. (I'd get it at midnight, but I might see if the Best Buy deal goes through). And I don't know if they'll get it Tues or Wed.

[quote name='lolwut?']Oh, I forgot to mention, I have all the instruments, but I'm terrible at vocals, even with humming. Guitar and Bass I can play almost everything on Expert, and drums on Hard for the majority of songs. I read up on the overdrive one, and as long as we have three or so people playing and we can time our overdrives, it shouldn't be too hard at all.[/QUOTE]

If you see me online, I can help you with any of them if you want.

We need more ETID

We first need 311.

[quote name='tcrash247']+2[/QUOTE]
+3

how the &^$%$ have they not been added?

i also need those "band" cheevos. i play mostly hard on drums, with some expert. i could dust off the guitar, but my skills are definitely slacking there - more like med/hard. i'm going to send friend reqs to you guys.

should be online a little tonight, tomorrow night, and Sat AM.

Well, if "We Didn't Start the Fire" isn't in this pack, maybe it'll be in the next. :whistle2:(

Rock Band is excited to offer a new Billy Joel edition of the popular video game, providing a masterful keyboard experience of his music to fans around the world through two downloadable game packs: a "Hits" pack of 12 songs arriving in December 2010 followed by a 6-song "Piano Challenge" pack in the spring.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...he-hits-on-tuesday-november-16-105380288.html

Billy Joel is also exclusive to RB.

[quote name='D_Icon']So should I start the Rock Band 3 thread?[/QUOTE]

This is the Rock Band 3 thread.

[quote name='murph17']+3[/QUOTE]

-1!!

Murph, add me if you see this before I get a chance to get online later today. We've got 3 or 4 people now that want to do this, which should be enough to get started (especially since you can do drums).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Redone vocals. Most notably at about 2:05 here:

[/QUOTE]

Oh interesting, I never even noticed that.

Completely forgot that I'm going to the Muse concert on the 26th. The tickets that I ordered in May just got here. It's going to be a great day, although I have to stop playing RB3 at like 4 pm to go to the arena.

Are the Rock Band controller guitars better than the Guitar Hero ones? I'm thinking of getting the RB3 controller one next week and possibly the pro one. I always seem to have problems with the buttons on the GH controller. GH5 worked great until RB Green Day came out.

[quote name='Ispep Aloc']Are the Rock Band controller guitars better than the Guitar Hero ones? I'm thinking of getting the RB3 controller one next week and possibly the pro one. I always seem to have problems with the buttons on the GH controller. GH5 worked great until RB Green Day came out.[/QUOTE]

It's really just personal preference. In Rock Band 1, the guitars were kind of crappy, but they improved. I think I'm in the minority but I prefer the Rock Band Strats...I prefer the non-raised frets and non-click strum bar. It feels more "natural" to me - as natural as a fake guitar can be, anyway.

That said, the newest Guiter Hero guitar has been getting positive feedback so it's worth looking into.

They both crap out. My GH3 Les Paul and my RB2 Strat both had really annoying problems after several months.

[quote name='Trakan']Well, if "We Didn't Start the Fire" isn't in this pack, maybe it'll be in the next. :whistle2:(

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...he-hits-on-tuesday-november-16-105380288.html

Billy Joel is also exclusive to RB.[/QUOTE]

I knew there would be a second pack. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant has to be in the "Piano Challenge" pack. Though "We Didn't Start the Fire" is really a guitar song, so that one SHOULD be in the first pack. Notice again they're confirming that there will be 12 songs, and only 10 have been named. I'm guessing Harmonix is holding back 2 heavy hitters for a big, dramatic reveal.

If anyone wants the new three pack of RB3 cymbals, Gamestop.com has them for $30 w/free shipping after using coupon codes Saver and 25acc.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84292

---

I'm trying to get as close to 1K on RB2 before 3 comes out and I still need to go through the final Impossible Drum and Vocal challenges and don't really feel like grinding them. Anyone have those unlocked and mind running through those with me? Doesn't need to be on expert. We could knock out some of the regular band achievements as well if you still need them too.

I can rock expert vocals if anyone needs it, just give me a holler. I also have mega amounts of DLC.

Already have all the RB2 achievements except for Steel Bladder which I don't have the patience for LOL.

[quote name='Clak']Billy Joel!?! I've got to get this and the keyboard.

Btw, nobody mentioned New York State of Mind?[/QUOTE]

While I like the song, that one would be pretty slow and boring for Rock Band. Same reason I wouldn't want My Life in the game. There are far more musically interesting songs to choose from.

[quote name='porieux']I can rock expert vocals if anyone needs it, just give me a holler. I also have mega amounts of DLC.

Already have all the RB2 achievements except for Steel Bladder which I don't have the patience for LOL.[/QUOTE]

Added you as well. I was thinking about doing the endless setlist on Hard and getting Steel Bladder tonight, but apparently I wouldn't get done until midnight :cold:

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm added you both murph17 and lordopus99. Hopefully you guys are on tonight with KaneRobot and I and we can bang this shit out.[/QUOTE]

I accepted. What time are you guys going for it so I can jump on? Also what instrument should I come in as? I can play expert depending on the song for all instruments.

I dunno about them, but I'll be on any time from now to midnight and willing to play.

If Kane is cool doing vocals, then you can do either Bass or Guitar, and I'll take whichever you don't want.

Kind of risky to try to try Steel Bladder online, one disconnect or pause from anyone and you lose the achievement, which would be pretty awful if you had invested a few hours. I'm sure it's been done though.

[quote name='lolwut?']I dunno about them, but I'll be on any time from now to midnight and willing to play.

If Kane is cool doing vocals, then you can do either Bass or Guitar, and I'll take whichever you don't want.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from dinner so I will be on. Just send an invite when you need me. I should be on for the next hour or so.

You guys going for achievements...I'm on now, I'll be on for a while if I'm not too late. I may be idle or something but if so just send me a message, you'll get my attention eventually.

----------------------------------

Oh man, Devin Townsend overload. SO excited right now.

Not only is Ziltoid The Omnicient coming to RBN in full, but ALSO they're releasing Addicted in full as well. That is one of my favorite albums of all time. PLUS, he redid some of the interlude/skit parts on Ziltoid to be more Rock Band appropriate:

-via Twitter-
But essentially, I'm changing some dialogue, so Ziltoid lambasts people for playing RockBand until you win and convince him.

He also wanted to do custom graphics/dreamscapes but they can't do that yet, but apparently that may be coming in the future for RBN stuff.

This is going to be the best use of RBN to date. Pissin' myself. Fo' rizzle.

bread's done
Back