Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='grundy']I'm hoping that with Halloween coming up, maybe just MAYBE they'll finally have "Thriller"[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Now that MJ has kicked the bucket he has become a hot commodity, and I don't think that HMX could afford him. If they would've gotten in on it even just a few months before he died it would've been dirt cheap :(

Facebook page revealed some upcoming artists:

Early DLC news! Coldplay, a highly requested artist, will join RB for the 1st time! Stevie Wonder will delight keyboardists & dazzle the rest of the band with funk with his RB debut. Breaking Benjamin will add more tracks, including a few key requests after their last pack. Finally, we have a single from Dream Theater, one of the most challenging bands in RB & a fan favorite. Thank you so much for your support!

Nothing overly exciting but some significant first timers there.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Facebook page revealed some upcoming artists:

Nothing overly exciting but some significant first timers there.[/QUOTE]

Wow, yeah, I'd actually really like to see Coldplay considering the possibilities with keys. A lot of their earlier stuff would be really fun to play.

[quote name='bardockkun']Dream Theater is only thing that tickles my fancy on there.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Although I hope "single" doesn't mean "On the Backs of Angels" from their latest album. I don't really like that song.

On the Backs of Angels is great, and more than likely the song in question.

Or they could blow us away and have that single be A Change of Seasons. :)

[quote name='Corvin']On the Backs of Angels is great, and more than likely the song in question.

Or they could blow us away and have that single be A Change of Seasons. :)[/QUOTE]

A Change of Seasons would be EPIC!

I would love to see The Glass Prison or Endless Sacrifice, but it is most likely something from their new album. Anything is good news to me, I love the new album.

Why do crappy bands like Limp Bizkit and Slipknot get 4 packs and DT gets a "single"? WTF?

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (October 11th, 2011):

• The Clash – “Rock the Casbah” X
• Blink-182 – “The Party Song”
• Blink-182 – “Stay Together For the Kids”
• Blink-182 – “Up All Night” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 12th)

The tracks will be available as “Blink-1812 Pack 03” and will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Blink-182 Pack 03”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Sweet! Totally in for more Blink!

Yuck. Nothing against the Clash but I have no use for that song.

Looks like we've settled into a pattern of 4 songs a week. I think Harmonix has probably found a good balance of manpower required vs what has to be a dminishing return on investment for this stuff, so barring the occasional megapack releases focused on one band, I'd expect this to be the case for the forseeable future.

Was having a late night/half-asleep play session the other night for some reason really wanted to play "Breaking The Law." Went into the store and saw they actually had it, albeit live. Holy crap, easily one of the worst pieces of DLC I've ever bought. Just flat out bad compared to the studio version. A reminder of why I very rarely buy live stuff unless it's great quality soundwise and peformance-wise (ie the AC/DC pack or Kiss' "Strutter").

Does Rock the Casbah have keys? If it does, I might go for it. I don't think it does...

Yea yea I know I know.. But there are some Clash songs that I thought wouldn't have keys that later did lol

I've been off the grid and have probably missed some stuff on Rock Band. Has anything in the past few months had keys? It seems like a lot of stuff hasn't lately...

I picked up London Calling and that's enough Clash for me I think. Have they revealed what the upcoming Coldplay tracks are yet? Those guys are a great guilty pleasure band. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I picked up London Calling and that's enough Clash for me I think. Have they revealed what the upcoming Coldplay tracks are yet? Those guys are a great guilty pleasure band. :)[/QUOTE]

I begrudgeingly agree with you. I went for Maroon 5, so why not... I've already crossed the Rubicon, right?? Now if I find myself downloading Lady Gaga, I'll be in REAL trouble! :lol:

[quote name='2DMention']I begrudgeingly agree with you. I went for Maroon 5, so why not... I've already crossed the Rubicon, right?? Now if I find myself downloading Lady Gaga, I'll be in REAL trouble! :lol:[/QUOTE]
There are definitely bands that are not fun to listen to, but are fun to play/sing... Maroon 5 is a great example. I pretty much hate their music, but She Will Be Loved is incredibly fun to sing (in Lips, don't think they have it in RB).

Nothing wrong with Lady Gaga... For one brief shining moment, I actually held the #1 spot on the Bad Romance leaderboard in Lips. :lol:

[quote name='sp8001']
Why do crappy bands like Limp Bizkit and Slipknot get 4 packs and DT gets a "single"? WTF?[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']that's enough Clash[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this phrase. I...just...there are words there, I mean. And I know what they are individually. But together? I don't comprehend.

Totally in for more Clash.

10/18 DLC:

“Coldplay Collection 01” - 800 MSP
“Yellow” X
“The Scientist”
“Clocks” X
“Fix You”
“Viva la Vida”
“Every Teardrop is a Waterfall”

I am actually thrilled with this. Fix You was pretty much at the top of my vocals wishlist, but I never thought it would actually get included.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']10/18 DLC:

“Yellow” X
“The Scientist”
“Clocks” X
“Fix You”
“Viva la Vida”

I am actually thrilled with this. Fix You was pretty much at the top of my vocals wishlist, but I never thought it would actually get included.[/QUOTE]

Good selection of tracks.

I haven't got many new releases in a while, but Coldplay has always been one of my favorite bands so I have to pick up this pack next week!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']10/18 DLC:

“Yellow” X
“The Scientist”
“Clocks” X
“Fix You”
“Viva la Vida”

I am actually thrilled with this. Fix You was pretty much at the top of my vocals wishlist, but I never thought it would actually get included.[/QUOTE]

I am retardedly excited for this! Spans basically their entire catalog. Love that they went all the way back to "Yellow". "The Scientist" is one of my favorite songs ever, but it's not the best song for RB (though, really, I guess if you're ok with Coldplay at all, you're signing up for that kind of stuff). I really would have liked to have seen "Trouble" though. That would be great on keys. "Politik" or "In My Place" would have been awesome too. Damn...now I want "Coldplay Collection 02", haha.

My girlfriend has been asking me for months now when they were finally going to have Coldplay on RB3, and now I can finally tell her, "Next week". She took me to see them live and it was such a fantastic show! Can't wait to play their songs on keys.

Anybody still playing Beatles Rock Band? I finally got my George Harrison achievement after only two years of playing. Now all I need is gold stars in Helter Skelter for the Paul McCartney cheev. Probably have it by 2013. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anybody still playing Beatles Rock Band? I finally got my George Harrison achievement after only two years of playing. Now all I need is gold stars in Helter Skelter for the Paul McCartney cheev. Probably have it by 2013. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yah I still play it. I was only able to get gold on Helter Skelter doing vocals, but focused on the background parts.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anybody still playing Beatles Rock Band? I finally got my George Harrison achievement after only two years of playing. Now all I need is gold stars in Helter Skelter for the Paul McCartney cheev. Probably have it by 2013. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I still, but stopped caring for the achievements a long time ago. I bought all the dlc but can never find people to play with online. Too bad they never released more dlc, would of been awesome.

I still bust out BRB once in a while. I'll probably never get any more achievements on it, but considering how many Beatles tracks are available once you factor in all the DLC I bought, it's well worth holding onto.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (October 25th, 2011):
• The Darkness – “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” X
• Rob Zombie – “Living Dead Girl”
• White Zombie – “Thunder Kiss ‘65”
• White Zombie – “Super-Charger Heaven” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 26th)

The tracks will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

I know one of these years they're gonna give us a real Halloween pack with Type O Negative, The Misfits, and Gwar. Ok, actually I know they never will. Sigh.

In for SuperCharger, maybe Living Dead Girl. They make you sing the goddamn background samples in Thunderkiss, which is now an automatic no-buy for me. Not interested in that particular Darkness song, get back to me when Get Your Hands Off My Woman is in there. I'll deal with the censoring.

[quote name='tcrash247']Nice, in for all the Zombie tracks, I wish they would just put all of Astro Creep 2000 up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Would probably be in for all of that.

Breaking Benjamin – “Sooner or Later”
Breaking Benjamin – “Breath” X
Breaking Benjamin – “Until the End”
Papa Roach – “Forever”

The Breaking Benjamin tracks will be available as “Breaking Benjamin Pack 02” for $5.49, and all tracks will be available for purchase individually for $1.99 on Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3, and $2.00 on Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Nothing there. I admit I was kind of hoping for the Halo song Breaking Benjamin did, but no luck. Hopefully more Devin Townsend soon on RBN...

[quote name='Blade3D']Picked up the song by The Darkness, I think I have way too many Rock Band songs lol[/QUOTE]
Counting the on disc RB3 songs and all the song transfers and DLC I'm somewhere over 1000.

[quote name='bardockkun']Counting the on disc RB3 songs and all the song transfers and DLC I'm somewhere over 1000.[/QUOTE]

I figured there had to be people with over 1,000. I am around 650-700.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I'm right around the 1500 song mark.[/QUOTE]

1500?! That is awesome/crazy. I'm at like 988 and I thought I'd have everyone here beat. You might actually have half of the entire RB catalog!

11/8 - Quantity is there, not so sure about quality...that said, if you want all of it for some reason that is an incredible deal for the mega pack. Less than 1 dollar per song.

“Going Country Pack 05”

Chely Wright – “Single White Female” (RB3 Version)
Laura Bell Bundy – “Giddy On Up” (RB3 Version)
Reba McEntire – “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” (RB3 Version)
Shania Twain – “Party for Two (with Billy Currington)” (RB3 Version)
Sugarland – “Settlin’” (RB3 Version)

“Going Country Pack 06”

Billy Currington – “That’s How Country Boys Roll” (RB3 Version)
Darryl Worley – “Awful, Beautiful Life” (RB3 Version)
Gary Allan – “Man of Me” (RB3 Version)
George Strait – “TWANG” (RB3 Version)
Johnny Cash – “Ring of Fire” (RB3 Version)
Justin Moore – “Backwoods” (RB3 Version)

“Going Country Pack 07”

Darius Rucker – “Alright” (RB3 Version)
Dierks Bentley – “Sideways” (RB3 Version) O
Keith Urban – “Kiss a Girl” (RB3 Version)
Lady Antebellum – “Perfect Day” (RB3 Version)
Luke Bryan – “Rain Is a Good Thing” (RB3 Version)
Merle Haggard – “Mama Tried” (RB3 Version) O
Trace Adkins – “Ride” (RB3 Version) X

“Going Country Pack 08”

Dwight Yoakam – “Intentional Heartache” (RB3 Version)
Jason Aldean – “Crazy Town” (RB3 Version)
Rascal Flatts – “Summer Nights” (RB3 Version)

“Country Mega Pack”

Contains all of the above tracks for one low price!

These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 November 9th.

The tracks will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song. Tracks marked with “O” do not feature keyboard parts, but do support harmonies and Pro Drums when played in Rock Band 3.

Prices for packs:

$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for “Going Country Pack 05”
$9.99 (800 MS Points, 1000 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 06”
$10.99 (880 MS Points, 1100 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 07”
$5.49 (440 MS Points, 550 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 08”
$19.99 (1600 MS Points, 2000 Wii Points) for “Country Mega Pack”

Also a bunch of Bucker & Garcia stuff is out this week on RBN if you care.

Country track pack? Don't know, but hey that is a lot of songs for $20 aka 1600 MSP. Might pick it up for other people. Wonder if there will be a sale this month like last year. Anyone have a link to a website that keeps track of the latest RBN releases?

Blech. Strange that they're throwing them all up at once though. Will we get 4 classic rock / heavy metal packs all at once to make up for it? :D

bread's done
Back