RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chuplayer']No, it's the big record execs getting paid big honking salaries and bonuses and throwing big honking parties, the RIAA, and the fact that if a band produces, records, sells CDRs of their music from their parents' basement, only sells 50 copies, and still makes more money than they would if they had signed up with a record label that is killing the music industry and putting your friends out of jobs. I am more than happy to pay for this music. All I ask is that I can use it with no strings attached.

If they made RB1 DLC RB2 compatible with no "licensing fees" from day one, then why aren't the RB1 songs also compatible from day one?

Must have missed that. Or maybe they whispered that information and shouted "IMPORTABLE SONGS!" to fool us.[/QUOTE]The "Export" is honestly one of the most awesome and generous things that a company has done in the history of modern gaming. If you don't see it that way then I don't know what to tell ya!!!

Just to let you guys know, I got the Rock Band 2 drums today. I am very pleased with them, and are MUCH better (IMO) to the RB1 drums. They seemed kind of crappy at first but a calibration fixed that immediately. Plus, exporting from RB1 worked flawlessly.

Overall, a great upgrade, and I whole-heartedly recommed them.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Ok. One thing that just really started bothering me when I picked up the guitar to play.
The characters don't have straps on their guitars, so they're just floating there. :|[/QUOTE]
Yea I've been saying that forever. I think guitar straps are going to be next gen. I bet they used to have them int here but removed them because it made the presenation bad, such as guitar straps going through the characters and whatnot :lol:

I have lost all of the little dongles you attach the guitars to. Does anyone know where I can get extra ones? Without the dongles the three wired guitars I have now are useless. :whistle2:(

I'm in the process of making a Lupin the 3rd band with: Lupin, Fujiko, Jigen, & Goemon. I think I can make them pretty much to the "T"

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm in the process of making a Lupin the 3rd band with: Lupin, Fujiko, Jigen, & Goemon. I think I can make them pretty much to the "T"[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE to see pictures of that!

Can anyone recommend a good case for the drums? I don't need a combo one, I already have a good case for my guitars. I'm looking for something cheapass of course.

I bought Rock Band 2 yesterday with the new drums, and I gotta say, they are fucking sweet. I'm a serious music game lover, and RB2 is the most advanced representation of a full-fledged band in a video game up until now without any doubt in my mind. It's absolutely amazing and a ton of fun. I'm goin on a hunt tommorow for a microphone, as I have to have a RB party no matter what the cost. :D

[quote name='io']My band name: The Scooching Goos

It is named after my 10 month old who named himself Goo at about 4-5 months (he made sounds like that so that's what we've called him every since, or variations like Goo-bear or Gooberry).

The Scooching part comes from his method of getting around. He doesn't crawl he flaps his arms and scooches on his butt. It is very funny...

Anyway, I had no idea what "Battle of the Bands" was till last night when I gave it a shot. I thought it was an online vs type competetion so I had stayed away from it before. But then I got the "Es de Gamestop" one showing up in my Solo Tour late last night. When I went to play it I saw that it showed 5 or 6 other people from my FL who had played it and it showed the lowest guy's score as I was playing as a target to beat. I came close, but not quite. Though I'll never ever come out on top of any of those lists it was fun to see that pop up and apply to the Tour mode (getting money and fans).

Then I looked around in the various leaderboards. I was quite surprised that I actually had some better scores than other CAGs on a few songs :lol:. Yeah, I play in Medium exclusively - I don't even wanna try anything harder. My 8 year-old can make it through on Expert on guitar though. I have no idea how he does it as his hands are tiny.[/QUOTE]

BotB is pretty cool. It's kinda like Geometry Wars 2 where you are competing against the person/score right above you instead of vs. live.

[quote name='BustaUppa']The "Export" is honestly one of the most awesome and generous things that a company has done in the history of modern gaming. If you don't see it that way then I don't know what to tell ya!!![/QUOTE]

Some people just like to bitch. This has been a "dream scenario" for players since GH2 came out...remember when they tried to sell us GH1 songs for GH2 at like...what, 500 points for 3 songs or whatever? This is definitely one of the best things that has happened to music games so far. Frankly, I'll take that over a "music creator" even if I do pay $5 for an export key.

I was definitely going to grab the Peace Sells album but after seeing people talk about how hard it is I may pass. I'll probably never get through Sleepwalker on Hard/Expert, I don't need a bunch of other unpassed tracks beside it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Battle of the Bands leaderboards are cool but I wish it would take single instruments into account. Like my score of just me playing guitar will go against someone playing in a full band and it goes on the same leaderboard. Online tour helps a bit in this aspect but it would be a lot more accurate if it showed band vs band scores and instrument specific scores.

Say I'm playing drums only, the leaderboard should be sorted to where it only shows my score against the drums score of someone else, even if they are playing in a full band.

After playing some more yesterday, all the new additions are welcome with open arms. But like everyone else has been saying I miss the star ratings next to the songs. And maybe its just me since I have tons of DLC, but the quickplay list looks so damn cluttered. I haven't even imported the RB1 songs yet.

I've been playing a decent amount since it came out, and I must say I'm surprised at my lack of any CAGs on my friend list. Take that back, I do have one CAG, ManaKnight on my friend list. Completely barren otherwise, I'm going to have to remedy that at some point.

[quote name='CouRageouS']After playing some more yesterday, all the new additions are welcome with open arms. But like everyone else has been saying I miss the star ratings next to the songs. And maybe its just me since I have tons of DLC, but the quickplay list looks so damn cluttered. I haven't even imported the RB1 songs yet.[/quote]

I have the same feeling when it comes to the quickplay list. After unlocking all of the RB2 songs and including the RB1 songs and my DLC, I have a total of 200 tracks to play. I do like how you can change the sorting and all the options, it's just so long of a haul to get to different songs sometimes.

They really just need to let you press right or left to scroll down/up by sections. What really bugs me is those extra borders with album names. Adds so much more to the clutter with all the different icons and sections already on screen.

They should put the star rating / score in its own section. Maybe like a small box on the left or above the whole menu.

[quote name='CouRageouS']They really just need to let you press right or left to scroll down/up by sections. What really bugs me is those extra borders with album names. Adds so much more to the clutter with all the different icons and sections already on screen.

They should put the star rating / score in its own section. Maybe like a small box on the left or above the whole menu.[/QUOTE]Haha I love that having too much songs is a common problem here. :D I think there should be a button that collapses the list, so that you only see band names, then when you click the band you'll see the available songs. Oh well, at least you can jump to different letters of the alphabet without scrolling through the whole list.

Since I'm thinking of things I would like that are easy to impliment, I would like a sorting option that separates RB1, 2, and DLC. Haven't even imported yet but I bet it'll be a mess once another 50 something songs plop into the mix.

I decided to give in and buy the new Rock Band Tour song pack. 'Hands Down' is lots of fun to play on guitar. I also like 'One of THOSE Nights'. The others? Eh, not so much.

Also, I am horribly regretting downloading 'BYOB'. I can't get past 6%, and the song appeared at number 4 on a mystery setlist. That was a waste of fifteen minutes.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I was definitely going to grab the Peace Sells album but after seeing people talk about how hard it is I may pass. I'll probably never get through Sleepwalker on Hard/Expert, I don't need a bunch of other unpassed tracks beside it.[/quote]

I grabbed the Peace Sells album this morning. Even playing drums on medium, it's tricky and challenging. That being said, I haven't played Rock Band in a while so I'm a bit rusty.

[quote name='DestroVega']does anyone know when the bundle comes out if the microphone is also wireless?[/QUOTE]

Microphone is WIRED.

[quote name='DeskLaser']I just came across this thread on gamefaqs, and it is full of win.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=949926&topic=45473483

The OP complains about not making any money with his main character, and then someone replies with the joke "P2P filesharing," of which the OP thinks is serious and goes on to ask how to fix his networking issues. Meanwhile, the other posters just keep on running him on about it.
[/quote]

Wow, that guy is clueless, lol.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']They scrapped Jukebox mode. That is such gayness by not telling anybody till about a million people ask about :([/quote]

in essence... can't you basically get jukebox mode by playing no fail mode and not playing along?

[quote name='DestroVega']in essence... can't you basically get jukebox mode by playing no fail mode and not playing along?[/quote]

From what I've read, you still have to hit correct notes to get the right music to play.

Really hoping my power is back on tonight so I can finally play it, power has been out since Sunday morning (went out while I was picking up my PO at gamecrazy).

[quote name='GamerChris']Microphone is WIRED.[/quote]

any link or can anyone else confirm?

[quote name='jay1981']Just picked this up at bb with the $32 trade in of rockband 1, now if only I had 300 for those drums.[/quote]

do they give you cash or credit to BB?... I'm gonna probably look to trade this in if they are still doing it, has anyone had a problem trading it in at all for the full $32?

any link or can anyone else confirm?

Yeah the mic is going to be wired. Maybe for Rock Band 3 we get wireless or they sell it as a stand alone product sometime.

Yah, Its No Fail and Performance mode. I posted it earlier. But Still, Its annoying to have to do that every time I just want to listen to the music. I think It's BS personally.

Also I'm using a wireless mic, the microsoft one how ever. :D

[quote name='DestroVega']do they give you cash or credit to BB?... I'm gonna probably look to trade this in if they are still doing it, has anyone had a problem trading it in at all for the full $32?[/QUOTE]I had no problem getting $32 store credit for it. That was last week though... wouldn't surprise me if the release of RB2 affects the trade-in value.

And I'm not sure if they even give the option of cash trade-in, but if they do I'd imagine you get much less.

What to do with my Rock Band 1 game? I didnt trade it in since I used a gift card I had and didnt have the RB1 game with me when I got RB2. Any good suggestions for what would get me the most out of my RB1 disc? I checked Gamefly and they will only give me $20.70 for it. Thanks for the help.

The game is great and I cant wait to see what our extra 20 songs will be.

The Cab song is different from what's on their CD.

The chorus is changed a lot and Patrick Stump or Brendon Urie are no longer in it.

Just to let people know.

I called the Gamestop that kept saying the drums weren't out till October and finally, today, they got 2 sets in. They said they couldn't hold one for me but that they'd still be there as no one has asked about them. Yeah, right - that's why they are sold out everywhere. Anyway, I hightailed it up there (10 miles) and snagged one. My son is banging away on it right now ;).

I can see now that corded drums would be a disaster as my 10 month old is already all over these things. He's yanking the foot pedal cord and using the drums to cruise around on - he's going to get his fingers whacked one of these days. The question is, where do I put these things when they aren't being used? :lol:

[quote name='io'] The question is, where do I put these things when they aren't being used? :lol:[/quote]

Yeah they are not the easiest things to store, at least with the wireless you can just pick em up and put them in a corner which is what we do but yeah they are a bit obtrusive

[quote name='BREVITY']What to do with my Rock Band 1 game? I didnt trade it in since I used a gift card I had and didnt have the RB1 game with me when I got RB2. Any good suggestions for what would get me the most out of my RB1 disc? I checked Gamefly and they will only give me $20.70 for it. Thanks for the help.

The game is great and I cant wait to see what our extra 20 songs will be.[/quote]

Damn, after seeing all these questions, people really don't like to go through the thread.

Trade it into Blockbuster for $32

[quote name='io']I called the Gamestop that kept saying the drums weren't out till October and finally, today, they got 2 sets in. They said they couldn't hold one for me but that they'd still be there as no one has asked about them. Yeah, right - that's why they are sold out everywhere. Anyway, I hightailed it up there (10 miles) and snagged one. My son is banging away on it right now ;).

I can see now that corded drums would be a disaster as my 10 month old is already all over these things. He's yanking the foot pedal cord and using the drums to cruise around on - he's going to get his fingers whacked one of these days. The question is, where do I put these things when they aren't being used? :lol:[/quote]

I have the same problem. My bed room isn't the biggest and these drums make it look cluttered 100% of the time.

I'll be in the market for the new set when the symbol expansion for them hits the streets.

Although, it's worth it because I would say 85% of the time I spend gaming now is beatin' on the drums.

[quote name='lolwut?']Damn, after seeing all these questions, people really don't like to go through the thread.

Trade it into Blockbuster for $32[/quote]

You're tellin' me. How many times do we need to be asked when the bundle is going to be release?!

It's OCTOBER 19TH!!!!

...It has now been added to the first page.

One issue for trading games at blockbuster to be aware of:

The guy told me today that if you are a subscriber to any blockbuster passes (like I am) then your credit will be deducted to pay the subscription next billing cycle instead of your credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back