RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit Bruce, when I said I wanted your music I meant in ROCK BAND, not Guitar Hero.

Oh well.

Funny to see Space Truckin' in there, I may have to pick that up.

I just got RB2 today and it has lived up to the hype, but I'm having an issue with the drums and I don't know if it's just me(a first time RB player) or what. The problem is that the multiplier keeps reverting back to normal even if I hit the note correctly. In the training mode I can hit all of the notes in a segment(by the game's count) but my multiplier will keep returning to x1. Is it something to do with hitting the note perfectly?

[quote name='BlueSwim']I just got RB2 today and it has lived up to the hype, but I'm having an issue with the drums and I don't know if it's just me(a first time RB player) or what. The problem is that the multiplier keeps reverting back to normal even if I hit the note correctly. In the training mode I can hit all of the notes in a segment(by the game's count) but my multiplier will keep returning to x1. Is it something to do with hitting the note perfectly?[/quote]

Did you try calibrating for lag through the options menu? That's the only thing I can think of right now.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I just got RB2 today and it has lived up to the hype, but I'm having an issue with the drums and I don't know if it's just me(a first time RB player) or what. The problem is that the multiplier keeps reverting back to normal even if I hit the note correctly. In the training mode I can hit all of the notes in a segment(by the game's count) but my multiplier will keep returning to x1. Is it something to do with hitting the note perfectly?[/quote]
This might sound stupid, but are you using the pedal?

[quote name='GenDV138']Did you try calibrating for lag through the options menu? That's the only thing I can think of right now.[/quote]
I just finished recalibrating it again(returned it to default settings) and the issue is still there. I didn't notice the problem a little while ago when I played "Man In The Box", but I just tried "Alive" again(the song I discovered the issue with) in the training mode and I got 100% notes hit with the multiplier tanking several times throughout the first chorus. I'm playing on easy if anyone wants to try to replicate it. Think it's a bug that slipped by QA?

[quote name='v1et r1ce']This might sound stupid, but are you using the pedal?[/quote]
I believe I knowingly took my foot off of it and still had the issue. I'll try it again just to make sure.

EDIT: Had my foot off the pedal the entire segment(Chorus 1) and played it three times. Same problem, 100% notes hit and the multiplier still took a couple of hits. I missed a few notes during the first two times but got the FC on the third try. I'm testing this out by only playing "Chorus 1" of "Alive" on easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlueSwim, it sounds like a hardware issue to me, either crosstalk or double-hitting. If it's true, what it means is that the drums are too sensitive and that the vibrations from each stroke are actually setting off other drums, or causing that one to register two hits. Try going into freestyle mode and experimenting with different degrees of force, see if you can pinpoint anything that way.

The RB1 drums had a lot of problems with high/low sensitivity, but the RB2 drums seem to have been more reliable. I remember reading a lot of early reports about insane crosstalk on the stock RB2 drums, but they seem to have been the vocal minority.

BlueSwim, use the tutorial mode's drum trainer. You can set up some patterns to check and make sure if the missed notes are because of the drums being faulty or from having imprecise timing. I can't play drums for shit, so I get missed notes a lot. But I do know my set was faulty. I tried the dime & nickel mods and they helped but I still have trouble once in a while. Never got a perfect on a song set. I'm about to just go get the GH drums because they have that tool to tweak the individual pads.

That sounds like what I'm going through. I'll look into it a little more heavily in the morning. Thank you all for your help, guys.:applause::applause::applause:

Has anyone played around with the design tools for merch at rockband.com? Very cool stuff and cheap, I want a poster and key chain :p

... and the figurine, but it's $70 >_

So I just got the SE, and I cannot figure how to sync the Guitar to my 360. I keep pressing the sync button on the guitar (When it's on) then the one on the 360, but it's not working. It keeps timing out on me. I got the drums to sync up just fine a few minutes ago.

Nevermind, I just got it to work. I had to hold the guitar in the air above the system for it to work. Now if only I could extend the guitar strap.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I thought the songs that say "As Made Famous By..." were the only cover songs?[/quote]
As far as I can tell those are also the same ones with * next to them as well...

Dammit, just got RB2 the whole set, but the smaller green fret on the guitar gets stuck a lot.

Anyone know if their warranty service is easy to use? I'd like to get it back before winter break is over..

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Dammit, just got RB2 the whole set, but the smaller green fret on the guitar gets stuck a lot.

Anyone know if their warranty service is easy to use? I'd like to get it back before winter break is over..[/QUOTE]

Weird. I have the GH guitar and the green fret is sticking on that too.

Green Fret FLT?

Sorry if this had been answered already. I did a search and really didn't come up with anything.

I'm a RB newbie and me and my bro decided over x-mas that we're going in on a Rock Band 2 bundle for the 360.:D So, since I'm a RB newbie, I have a couple of questions.

1. - Will the Guitar Hero III wireless guitar work with RB2 and RB1? I have the GHIII wireless guitar bundle. At some point we want to pick up an extra RB guitar regardless, but if the GHIII guitar will work with RB1 and 2, that will hold us over for awhile until we get one.

2. - Can you have 2 guitar tracks going on this, along with the drums and mic? I've only played GH solo, so that's why I'm unsure about this kind of thing. I would imagine that if you can, one guitar would be playing the lead track and the 2nd guitar would be playing bass.

Thanks in advance.:)

[quote name='Indyjones']Sorry if this had been answered already. I did a search and really didn't come up with anything.

I'm a RB newbie and me and my bro decided over x-mas that we're going in on a Rock Band 2 bundle for the 360.:D So, since I'm a RB newbie, I have a couple of questions.

1. - Will the Guitar Hero III wireless guitar work with RB2 and RB1? I have the GHIII wireless guitar bundle. At some point we want to pick up an extra RB guitar regardless, but if the GHIII guitar will work with RB1 and 2, that will hold us over for awhile until we get one.

2. - Can you have 2 guitar tracks going on this, along with the drums and mic? I've only played GH solo, so that's why I'm unsure about this kind of thing. I would imagine that if you can, one guitar would be playing the lead track and the 2nd guitar would be playing bass.

Thanks in advance.:)[/quote]

1. Yeah, the GH3 guitar will work fine with RB1 and 2, as does the GH2 guitar.

2. Yes, one player can play the guitar track while the other player would be on bass for co-op games.

1. Yes, the wireless GHIII LP works with RB1 and RB2, I've used it for both.

2. You're correct, one plays guitar and the other plays bass.

Does anyone else have random lockups with Rock Band 2 when playing from the HDD? Sometimes the screen (between games) will hold up for 5 or more seconds before responding.

Yeah, I think that's just RB2. I've had it happen while playing off the disc as well. I also from time to time will have the game lock up during the middle of a song. The notes freeze and stop scrolling but the music continues. It eventually fixes itself and I can finish the song though. It's happened to me on multiple boxes too, so I know that's not the problem.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Merry Christmas to me!

I got the Ion drum set and I'm certain that this is the sexiest thing I've ever used before.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the cool club :cool:

[quote name='ZForce915']Does anyone else have random lockups with Rock Band 2 when playing from the HDD? Sometimes the screen (between games) will hold up for 5 or more seconds before responding.[/QUOTE]

Not me, but I have had a problem at the actual start up screen. Now I don't know if this was just an issue with Live (as it signed me off) or if it was playing from the hard drive. Though it only happened on one occasion.

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, I think that's just RB2. I've had it happen while playing off the disc as well. I also from time to time will have the game lock up during the middle of a song. The notes freeze and stop scrolling but the music continues. It eventually fixes itself and I can finish the song though. It's happened to me on multiple boxes too, so I know that's not the problem.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should just be happy I've never had it happen during a song then.

How many people here have purchased a 60 or 120 GB HDD recently? Any buyers remorse? I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading to a 120GB model since I've got $80 in credit at walmart already.

I haven't upgraded, but I originally bought an Elite and haven't regretted it. Between XBLA games (small, but I have pretty much every trial downloaded), demos I download then get around to weeks later, and full game installs for some of the more oftenplayed games (RB2, Fallout 3), I'm running at about 32 GB free, and I don't even download videos other than a few free ones.

I picked up a 120GB a week or two before Christmas, best decision ever. Mainly due to RB2, I was down to about 6GB on my 20GB, and the promise of game installs pushed me over the edge.

I've got about 8GB worth of just Rock Band stuff (RB tracks, DLC, RB2 game install), about 8 other games, and I *still* have something like 42GB left.

Really, with the installs, I say go for a bigger HDD... it's worth it.

[quote name='ZForce915']I guess I should just be happy I've never had it happen during a song then.

How many people here have purchased a 60 or 120 GB HDD recently? Any buyers remorse? I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading to a 120GB model since I've got $80 in credit at walmart already.[/QUOTE]

I moved from a 20 gig to a 60 gig. I had less then a gig free before I upgraded. With the possibility of me getting netflix going bigger was a must.

Thanks to Live.com cashback, I picked up an elite for about $179. Best deal I've gotten in a long time. And boy to I appreciate the extra storage space.

The Classic Rock Pack 02 (as it should be called) is super awesome.
If you play drums, you are going to be ecstatic with these.

Jethro Tull and Deep Purple are so perfect for this game.
Both JT Aqualung and DP Machine Head should be full albums eventually imo.

[quote name='KingDox']I moved from a 20 gig to a 60 gig. I had less then a gig free before I upgraded. With the possibility of me getting netflix going bigger was a must.[/QUOTE]

How many games do you have installed, and how much room do you still have left?

[quote name='porieux']The Classic Rock Pack 02 (as it should be called) is super awesome.
If you play drums, you are going to be ecstatic with these.

Jethro Tull and Deep Purple are so perfect for this game.
Both JT Aqualung and DP Machine Head should be full albums eventually imo.[/quote]
Seconded.

haha, my little bro surprised me and got me the Rock Band stage kit for Christmas! I dunno if I'll actually get around to using the fog machine (i'm in a small apartment), but the synchronized light show is badass! It's the type of totally indulgent thing that I could never have justified spending the money on... so I'm really glad to have gotten it as a gift. :D

On the subject of accessories... is there any mic stand that gets particularly high recommendations? My mic is the one from Karaoke Revolution American Idol, if that makes a difference.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Oh, how I wish every single time I play online with randoms the guy picking the songs didn't pick "The Trees." So fucking sick of that song.[/QUOTE]

Can you delete it?

[quote name='Corvin']... erm... because it's one of the top 3 albums of the 90's next to Nevermind and Metallica's self titled album? This is big news.

Plus didn't they announce No Doubt three months ago? Stevie Ray Vaughn? Jane's Addiction? Those still are unaccounted for and the clock is ticking.[/QUOTE]

Ten is great news. I know welcome to two weeks ago. :lol:

Stevie Ray Vaughn? Jane's Addiction?----Are these even rumored? I'd kill an old lady to get some full Jane's albums.

Yep. These were all announced together back in August via an issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Foo Fighters -- "The Colour and the Shape"
Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
Jane's Addiction -- "Nothing's Shocking"
Megadeth -- "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"
Stevie Ray Vaughn -- "Texas Flood"
No Doubt -- "Best of" pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back