RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JJSP']Busta can finally have interactive Smackdown entrances.[/QUOTE]damn straight sucka!!!! but in all seriousness I think the stage kit only works in Rock Band... I can confirm that GH:WT doesn't recognize it. Haha, like I needed even LESS reason to play WT. :D

In all seriousness (part 2) I can enjoy WT in single player, but there is precious little motivation to play it when I've got a group of people over. I tried some multiplayer WT the other day, and the general opinion was that "it just looks ugly." Also it was a big WTF moment when people experienced the first "insta-fail" playing as a band. Basically we picked a few choice songs on WT and then went back to Rock Band.

[quote name='ZForce915']How many games do you have installed, and how much room do you still have left?[/QUOTE]

I only have 2 games installed (Burnout Paradise & Virtua Fighter 5). I jump around from game to game so often I didn't feel like installing more. I still have about 29 gigs left.

I installed Fallout 3, Smackdown 2009, Rock Band 2 (and the songs from RB1 + DLC), Left 4 Dead, and the XBL Arcade Disc. Still have 70GB's left.

I noticed the blue pad on my RB1 drums was a little wonky (basically, it was sticking out in the corner). Figured I'd flip it over and see if I could open it up to put it back in place, and noticed that one of the rubber stoppers was sheared completely off. It doesn't appear to affect gameplay much so far, but it's something I'd like to take care off before it gets any worse and the pad completely falls off. Is it worth RMA'ing the drums to EA, or should I just bite the bullet and burn some cheap credit on a new kit at Gamestop (they're on sale this week for $30)?

Any impressions on springing for the RB2 kit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two random thoughts:

Got paid, so finally downloaded the No Doubt album. I'll get crucified for saying this, but it's the best DLC I've gotten for RB yet (that's saying something, too, since I have a shit-ton). Love it.

After years of medium, I *finally* decided to force myself to play on hard. Best decision ever... I haven't had this much fun with GH/RB since I first picked up GH2. I'm even still in that nice stage where I'm about half-trained... you know, where you see sets of notes, hit them, and are actually stumped by *how* you hit them. :lol:

It's like a whole new game. :D

[quote name='007']Two random thoughts:

Got paid, so finally downloaded the No Doubt album. I'll get crucified for saying this, but it's the best DLC I've gotten for RB yet (that's saying something, too, since I have a shit-ton). Love it.

After years of medium, I *finally* decided to force myself to play on hard. Best decision ever... I haven't had this much fun with GH/RB since I first picked up GH2. I'm even still in that nice stage where I'm about half-trained... you know, where you see sets of notes, hit them, and are actually stumped by *how* you hit them. :lol:

It's like a whole new game. :D
[/quote]

Best part about the game, IMO. Sometimes I wish they had more levels to go up but that's basically impossible to do.

Moving up and hitting songs when more notes comes. Feels more like actually playing the songs (yeah I know it won't come close to as in real life but its still accurate video game wise.)

Even some of us that play on expert still have those "how the hell did I hit that" moments and those are awesome. Of course, when I do that and think about how I just hit some badass note, set I mess up the easy part that comes after it.

The "how the hell did I just do that" moments are awesome.

Sometimes my hand somehow comprehends the notes on the screen while my mind can't. Kind of like the first few times I played "Push It." My hand moves faster than my mind can think, heh.

I dunno about my fingers moving faster than my mind can think, but the fact that my fingers move so fast at the sight of the notes amazes me sometimes. I like playing "Down With the Sickness" because of the opening and closing riffs.

I guess I get what you're saying Trakan, before I really tell myself what the patterns are, my fingers just know where to go. When I do songs with a lot of hammer downs and pull offs, that also amazes me. Chiron ftw

Chiron's solo rules. Playing and doing well on the top tiered songs is a lot of fun, I hope we have some more difficult DLC incoming.

I had a "how the hell did I do that?" moment tonight where I got 100% notes hit on the drums for "New Kid In School" by The Donnas. It was on easy, but it was a big deal to me since I only got RB2 on Christmas Eve. Before the percentage appeared, I was thinking "I must have missed at least one note." I was shocked as hell to see 100% notes hit.:lol::lol::lol:

Here's all the leaked tracks:

Claudette by Roy Orbison
In Dreams by Roy Orbison
Mean Woman Blues by Roy Orbison
Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison
Ooby Dooby by Roy Orbison
You Got It by Roy Orbison

Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
Freedom Train by Lenny Kravitz
Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz
Mr. Cab Driver by Lenny Kravitz

The Joker by Steve Miller Band
Space Cowboy by Steve Miller Band

http://kotaku.com/5121955/rock-band...-roy-orbison-lenny-kravitz--steve-miller-band

January looks solid so far.

---

Anyone ever think about the future when the next xbox comes out and if RB/our songs aren't backwards compatible?

[quote name='007']Two random thoughts:

It's like a whole new game. :D[/quote]I'm guessing guitar?I'm pretty horrible at keepinga steady roll like in Everlong.I can pass Painkiller but not Everlong?I always die when the roll is about to stop....I also play Drums on Expert and some songs are ridiculous!

Hmm... that's some nice DLC for January. Curious to see who else they toss out there, since that can't be the *entire* month.

Definitely in for all the Orbison (I still can't really believe that's happening), Let Love Rule (I can't stand AYGGMW by Kravitz... give me some Tom Jones, motherfuckers), and both Steve Miller Band. All in all, good month.

snakelda - yeah, I was talking about guitar/bass. I live in an apartment, which means I only get to trot out the drums/vocals when I have people over who *really* want to play. From what I've tried of the drums, though, I know that I'm not real great at those, which'll mean that's my next challenge. ;)

Pretty disappointing, looks like nothing for me out of that leaked stuff - Kravitz fucking blows but the Orbison stuff is cool, just not something I'd feel like playing in Rock Band. It's been quite a while since I've been excited about any upcoming stuff, although I keep buying the occasional track. No reason to complain really.

DLC Week of January 6th - Roy Orbison Pack! Hey everybody,

Happy New Year! It is my distinct pleasure (being a huge fan and all) to announce that next week's DLC will be 6 tracks by the legendary Roy Orbison. What a way to kick off 2009!

Claudette
In Dreams
Mean Woman Blues
Oh, Pretty Woman
Ooby Dooby
You Got It

All tracks are masters. Tracks will be available each for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360). The Roy Orbison pack will release on Tuesday, January 6th on Xbox 360 and Thursday, January 15, 2009 for PS3 (due to the holiday break).

Feel free to discuss this week's DLC in the official thread!

For all DLC song credits please go here.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine

No surprise there but I figured if they would have waited until today to official announce it, there might have been something else besides the pack we knew about for a week or so.

Meh, I'll need to see the charts before I get Roy Orbison. On a more positive note, I beat the endless setlist this morning on expert (bass), and got the Steel Bladder award to boot!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Pretty disappointing, looks like nothing for me out of that leaked stuff - Kravitz fucking blows but the Orbison stuff is cool, just not something I'd feel like playing in Rock Band. It's been quite a while since I've been excited about any upcoming stuff, although I keep buying the occasional track. No reason to complain really.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel the same way. I haven't cared about any dlc since October.

But I may buy some Orbison just to get my dad to play.

[quote name='seanr1221']January looks solid so far.

---

Anyone ever think about the future when the next xbox comes out and if RB/our songs aren't backwards compatible?[/QUOTE]

That's my fear...They have said RB is a "platform" not an exploitable annual release thing, but then again, we've seen RB2 as a fullblown sequel, much of which could have been released as free or paid DLC. At least the Rb1 instruments are fully compatible. I wish when GH/RB had gotten together and decided to start from the beginning with full compatibility, I might be buying more GH games instead of just RB DLC.
The songs had better always be fully BC....I think on the Memory blade of the 360, all the song content I've bought for RB/RB2 is actually in an RB1 folder, so it looks like they're trying to keep it compatible.
Orbison would be fun to sing, but I don't know about how it will be to play. Kravitz and SMB don't really appeal to me.
I still want some King Diamond, Misfits, and Rollins/Black Flag. I don't know if it's even possible to do, and of course it would not continue the revenue stream, but I would love to have the ability to import my own MP3s into the RB experience.
The last DLC we bought were a few No Doubt tracks and the Dixie Chicks song (my wife chose that one, but it's better than i would have thought.)
I'm playing guitar on medium/occasionally hard, bass on hard.
I did install RB2, Fallout 3, and L4D, and have ~30GB free.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm gonna grab You Got It and Oh, Pretty Woman. I agree the other songs are a bit on the slow side.[/quote]

Mean Woman Blues is anything but slow.

Awesome DLC, Orbison will definitely add some variety to the game.
Glad they have finally gotten the DLC train back on track.

Well the only thing I'll be getting for sure is Pretty Woman.

I'll give the others a listen when they hit the Rock Band store, but as of right now this looks like a pretty disappointing month for me personally.

I would love to see the kiddies have their own Rock Band game and have RB3 be more adult oriented and NO MORE CENSORSHIP. That's the only good I could see coming out of that otherwise totally stupid idea.

Yeah, I'm with that. I appreciate they're going for a T, and there's still lots of unedited music they can include with a T rating, but some of the DLC choices are a little odd..Nothing breaks the rhythm like hearing a second and a half of silence five times during Police Truck.

ok, so I started to pick up the mic again and started singing all the dlc I've gotten recently. And I can't for the life of me hit the "Uhhhhhh" part in Nirvana - on a plane.

I can do fantastic in all the song but that part I can't hit at all. The worst part is there are like 4 of those at the end of the song and I end up almost failing becuase I can't hit those. WTF do they want? Can anyone here hit that phrase?

Hmmm. So guys Im running into a bit of a pickle. It concerns my choice of guitars.

I bought the original Rock Band bundle when it was first released and played the crap out of it, but I was generally disappointed with the hardware. I went through several guitars breaking and having to send them back.

Now with Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 out, I figured I could get a better guitar and both games. Since I got burned with RB, I initially moved towards the GHWT guitar, but on amazon there are quite a few complaints about it. So Im wondering what everyone here thinks about them.

[quote name='darkrage']Hmmm. So guys Im running into a bit of a pickle. It concerns my choice of guitars.

I bought the original Rock Band bundle when it was first released and played the crap out of it, but I was generally disappointed with the hardware. I went through several guitars breaking and having to send them back.

Now with Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 out, I figured I could get a better guitar and both games. Since I got burned with RB, I initially moved towards the GHWT guitar, but on amazon there are quite a few complaints about it. So Im wondering what everyone here thinks about them.[/QUOTE]

The GH WT bundles have a fairly high defect rate, especially in comparison to RB2. The guitar is pretty bad but the drums are the thing thats REALLY bad. If your getting I bundle I say get rock band. Personally I use the RB stuff except for the guitar which I am still using my GH3 guitar since I like the finger placement and strum bar length.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ok if this is true it has to be the oddest fucking thing ever. Kotaku has a story up about a industry leak(so its still a rumor mind you)that the next Lego game is going to be Lego Rock Band........yes thats right....lego rock band. That would be the oddest fucking combo ever and I dont see what the point to it would be.

http://kotaku.com/5122607/next-lego-game-islego-rock-band[/QUOTE]

... and at that point, Harmonix gets removed from the pedestal everyone puts them on and gets put on the same playing field as Neversoft.

I don't believe it, LEGO's games always focus on their IP or licensed content. The next game is going to be racers, which they just released as sets in the store. If anything they'd likely be adding a Bionicle game or something based upon their Pirates theme.

Has anyone ever had a problem with the rock band mic? I bought the bundle recently during the Toys R Us $109 pricing. Well on Friday the mic worked perfectly fine but on Saturday morning when I turned on the game the mic did not work.

The strange thing is that it doesn't register any noise or tap I make. Though sometimes the mic "sings" on itself. I see the pitch arrow going on its own and well on easy it even gets awesome at times. Well its rare, though you still get more messy than anything.

I'm assuming all of this would still be on warranty, so I'll have to call them, but just asking if anyone has had some problem with the mic.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Has anyone ever had a problem with the rock band mic? I bought the bundle recently during the Toys R Us $109 pricing. Well on Friday the mic worked perfectly fine but on Saturday morning when I turned on the game the mic did not work.

The strange thing is that it doesn't register any noise or tap I make. Though sometimes the mic "sings" on itself. I see the pitch arrow going on its own and well on easy it even gets awesome at times. Well its rare, though you still get more messy than anything.

I'm assuming all of this would still be on warranty, so I'll have to call them, but just asking if anyone has had some problem with the mic.[/QUOTE]
thats really weird. Try a different USB port perhaps?

[quote name='darkrage']Hmmm. So guys Im running into a bit of a pickle. It concerns my choice of guitars.

Now with Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 out, I figured I could get a better guitar and both games. Since I got burned with RB, I initially moved towards the GHWT guitar, but on amazon there are quite a few complaints about it. So Im wondering what everyone here thinks about them.[/quote]

You can get the X-plorer guitar at walmart for 30 dollars. In my opinion it's the best guitar peripheral made. No fancy schmancy buttons, but the strum bar is great and the buttons feel good and push in, what I would consider, the perfect amount. In the end it's all about performance, no you can't get nifty new face plates for it, but you can shred on all your friends so screw the cosmetic bull shit!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You can get the X-plorer guitar at walmart for 30 dollars. In my opinion it's the best guitar peripheral made. No fancy schmancy buttons, but the strum bar is great and the buttons feel good and push in, what I would consider, the perfect amount. In the end it's all about performance, no you can't get nifty new face plates for it, but you can shred on all your friends so screw the cosmetic bull shit![/quote]

I love my X-plorer. It has lasted since the day Guitar Hero 2 came out for the 360.

I also love my Wireless Les Paul from Guitar Hero III.

I have no complaints about either.

I got my X-plorer with GH2 and it's still working great, but I gotta admit my RB2 guitar simply rocks. It's wireless, cooler style, bigger and less toy-like and the fret buttons are slick. I love it.

[quote name='KingDox']ok, so I started to pick up the mic again and started singing all the dlc I've gotten recently. And I can't for the life of me hit the "Uhhhhhh" part in Nirvana - on a plane.

I can do fantastic in all the song but that part I can't hit at all. The worst part is there are like 4 of those at the end of the song and I end up almost failing becuase I can't hit those. WTF do they want? Can anyone here hit that phrase?[/quote]Yes, that phrase seems impossible to me. I don't sing often, so I haven't really tried it since the song was released, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a case of them charting a harmony instead of the main vocal part. For a good example, try singing Pinball Wizard, especially the "sure plays a mean pinball" part and you'll know what I mean.

Check out this video to see the pitch you're supposed to hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5pIfLNHec The hard part after that is just to commit it to memory and remember to jump to it each time, instead of singing it the way your mind wants you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back