Rosa had an idea for an OTT, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! :bomb:

I just got Darksiders on Saturday and it's $39.99 on Newegg.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence...I mean it's $39.99 already. Who's to say that it isn't $29.99 next week or, even tastier, Target Clearance in 6 weeks?

:whee:

[quote name='munch']What type of game is Darksiders? What would you compare it to?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be like God of War/DMC meets Zelda.

[quote name='munch']What type of game is Darksiders? What would you compare it to?[/QUOTE]

Reviews say it's like God of War and Zelda: OOT. Pretty decent reviews too.

EDIT: What he said.

I think so far only Frost, and he loved it.

Rocko just got it but I dunno if he played it.

It's sitting at about 85% on Gamerankings I think.

Isn't Darksiders the one about the 4 Horsemen? It looks pretty cool, but I wasn't too sure about the gameplay. I might bite for $40 though.

[quote name='seanr1221']Buy it and return the copy from NewEgg.

Think I may jump on that, free shipping sweetens the deal.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a way they could tell its not the exact same copy is there?

[quote name='munch']Really? Who here has played it? That sounds right up my alley.[/QUOTE]

$$$$er, it's all about the wavechanger

Short: Darksiders is like a grim Ocarina of Time where the combat has been influenced by God of War.

Long:
This game was heavily influenced by the likes of the 3D zelda based games. Large dungeons with puzzles. Special item in dungeon to help you beat puzzles and the subsequent boss battle. Boss battles result in a new heart container. Heart container pieces are all over the place. There are lots of places like "I want to go there, but I don't have the hookshot yet." type of stuff in the large overworld. The dungeons aren't plentiful, but they're pretty hearty. Items/potions are kept in bottles, which much be purchased or earned. There's even a horse like Epona. They probably use the horse better than any zelda game has thus far too.

The only not quite zelda aspect is the combat. It's got the z-targeting mechanic, but there are combo attacks spread over 2-3 buttons. Sword/subweapon (scythe/gauntlet) or... souls are collected a la the god of war green/blue/yellow system. One type of soul is currency for new items/moves/etc. Different types of combos. Juggle moves... but it's nowhere as complex or serious as something like DMC or Bayonetta... there's probably 15-20 total listed combos/moves... but it's a lot more than a zelda game.

The oddest element is that you can pick up cars and rocks and whatever and beat demons/angels with them... not sure where that even comes in, because it reminds me more of a prototype/infamous sandbox game type element.

It's kind of short though. I think, even if you don't use a guide, you could probably do most of the game in one playthrough on the hardest difficulty in about 25 hours. Standard playthrough would probably be about 15-20... I had a bunch of spots where I'd get stuck... searching for all the treasures I was missing took some time too. (I liked it enough to 1000/1000 the game... but to be fair, about 50 points or so of that was just because I had OCD fits and wanted to 100% the game... the stupid "max out your weapons" achievement took some extra time and was a bit tedious.)

found me a temporary job. the bakery in town needed a full time morning person. went in to buy a loaf of bread, came out with a job starting in March. Perfect, fits right in with the end of the ski season.

[quote name='munch']15-20 hours is short? :shock: Yeah, I think I'm going to try and get that game soon enough.[/QUOTE]

I expect zelda adventure games to be in their 30s by the time you explore everything, get all the heart containers, beat all the dungeons, and head into the final encounter. Darksiders felt a little short, but it's still quality.

The voice talent is pretty good, even if the dialogue is a bit cliche... having Liam O'Brien as the voice of War was just fucking cool. And screw Navi with her "hey! listen", this game has something called a Watcher and he's voiced by Mark Hamil.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']JJSP, did you buy that 500GB external?
Dell has a Hitachi 1TB for $69 shipped today[/QUOTE]
Haven't bit yet. Thanks for the heads up.

I grabbed 4 clearance DS games at Target yesterday for $16. They're going to Amazon for $40. I feel pretty good about that.

Quick, everyone change their avy to their favorite Sesame Street Muppet.

sesame-street-cast-580px.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']You've been on a streak, 83. I expect you to play this within the next 3 months.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

No Doubt. I have to finish ACII still, and I'm about half way through Dragon Age. I want to play Mass Effect also. 3 months is aggressive, but I think I can do it.

[quote name='Number83']Mrs. Number83's birthday today...I'm having birthday sechs tonight!!! :whee:[/QUOTE]

I thought married guys got it, if they were lucky, three times a year (if they didn't fuck up) -- anniversary, birthday, valentine's. :lol:

The Mrs. birthday seems like the bonus round or something.

[quote name='Maklershed']There isn't a way they could tell its not the exact same copy is there?[/QUOTE]

I'm an idiot. I just realized the copy I got from Gamestop is still sealed so I don't have to go through a whole rigamarole.

[quote name='Number83']Mrs. Number83's birthday today...I'm having birthday sechs tonight!!! :whee:[/QUOTE]

I thought you said it was her birthday.

lol @ corrosivefrost
---
It was exactly what I was looking for, st0neface. I haven't heard all of it since I shuffled it with Trae - Losing Composure, Bun B - Trill I and II, and UGK - Ridin Dirty, but what I heard was good.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I'm cleaning out my apartment.

I have 5 guitars. : /

I don't play guitar.[/QUOTE]

Stop stealing guitars.

Has anyone ever seen Solaris? It's a Russian film from like 1974. It sounds cool, but it's almost 3 hours long and don't want to waste 3 hours of my life reading Russian if it's going to be dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back