Developer: Compile Heart/Idea Factory
Release: May 26, 2009
Trophies: Yes

Pre-order at:

Amazon - $46.99 + free shipping
GameStop - $49.99 + free shipping with coupon code: SAVER
NewEgg - $46.99 + free shipping
Rosenqueen - $49.99

Please note that Cross Edge will not be sent out from our warehouse until 5/28/09. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Item Includes:
Cross Edge (For this preorder we will be only carrying 1,000 units)

Cross Edge - RQ Exclusive Postcard (6) (These postcard images are from the photo gallery in the game, except for one. You will not be able to see this one image anywhere else.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is developing this game, because it doesn't look good or seem like fun from that video. NISA has been slipping since the good old days. I miss the classics like Disgaea, La Pucella Tactics and Phantom Brave. Some of there other games are good too but they aren't what they used to be. They need to drop Idea Factory.

[quote name='jason506']Who is developing this game, because it doesn't look good or seem like fun from that video. NISA has been slipping since the good old days. I miss the classics like Disgaea, La Pucella Tactics and Phantom Brave. Some of there other games are good too but they aren't what they used to be. They need to drop Idea Factory.[/quote]

That's one thing I forgot to mention in my post. It's being developed by Compile Heart. The only two games I can remember coming to the US are:

Astonishing Story (PSP)
Octomania (Wii)

I played this game already; I thought it was really....bad. I would be all over this prior to my experience, but it really did lack the appeal. I have a pretty decent collection of ps2 games, and this one couldn't even outshine any of them in the technical stand point as well as visually. As for the story, didn't give it much hope after 1-2 hrs of play.

[quote name='typeRJ']That's one thing I forgot to mention in my post. It's being developed by Compile Heart. The only two games I can remember coming to the US are:

Astonishing Story (PSP)
Octomania (Wii)[/QUOTE]
According to Wikipedia, this game was made by a few companies collaborating together including Nippon Ichi and Gust (who makes the awesome Atelier and Mana Khemia games). Also Capcom, Namco Bandai and Idea Factory. Compile Heart only designed the game.

Anyway, this game is obviously fan-service and those are the people who will enjoy this game and look past the dated graphics. Also, there are so few JRPGs on the PS3 that this game will look better by default. Or at least that's what NISA is probably hoping for...

[quote name='RosenQueen']Don't forget to check out the preorder for X-Edge with an exclusive bonus item, which begin in April! Be sure to stop by our new store to pre-order then![/quote]

Plus other things, including not charging you until they ship (finally).

[quote name='sussy']After watching that US trailer, I went and canceled my preorder.

Wow at those bad voice overs.[/QUOTE]

The game has both languages available.

I am definitley getting this game. but i would like to see what rosenqueen has up first. i really wish they had it up already

For now, I think I'll wait till a couple of initial reviews comes out on whether they have done a better job on this game than on Ar Tonelico 2 which I was so desperately wanting to like.

[quote name='darkcloudinc']For now, I think I'll wait till a couple of initial reviews comes out on whether they have done a better job on this game than on Ar Tonelico 2 which I was so desperately wanting to like.[/quote]

Not liking AT 2 is a sin and I wanted you to know you are going to hell.

[quote name='VWarrior']And it sucks, too![/quote]

What's exceptionally bad is it looks like the old orders didn't transfer over. So there's no record of my open Puchi Puchi Virus preorder, even though I already paid. Hopefully that's fixed soon.

Looks like Rosenqueen is down...Looks like they are having issue getting X-cart setup on their site! I wish them well since their old site was horrible, but always had interseting items.

Was in my gold box today for $44.xx but still waiting to see what packages RQ has to offer especially since i just got a $5 cert from them, even though they will charge me shipping, i know NIS is pretty good about keeping small runs though.

I'll end up buying this game no matter what. It's because the PS3 is sorely lacking in tactical games and RPGs. Only reason I didn't buy Disgaea 3 is because from everything I could see it was just "another Disgaea" and while I loved the first one, I was unimpressed with the second because it didn't really add anything.

Occasionally a glorious game like Valkyria Chronicles comes out for the PS3, and while I expect Cross Edge won't be as good, it still hits my sweet spot for games. I hope more like it will come out. I hate that strategic games and traditional JRPGs are all being relegated to the portable systems.

Seems like RQ is cutting it kind of close if they plan to put up a pre-order. The game is out in 3 weeks. I put an order on Amazon with Gold Box + ECA 10% code, so hopefully RQ has something decent.

[quote name='Serpentor']so, err any pre-order bonuses? Nothing? Not that i mind, but if nothing special, why pre-order right?[/quote]

Well, that's really what we're waiting for. Since Rosenqueen is generally good on pre-order bonuses, we're assuming that they'll have something available. I guess I should be more excited if they don't, because then I can wait for price drops.

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm surprised that even GS is not offering any pre-order bonuses?[/quote]

It's a pretty niche game. Most of what GS calls pre-order bonuses on Atlus/NIS stuff is usually what Atlus/NIS pack in there (soundtracks, artbooks, etc). Most of the GS specific stuff are going to be the big guns.

Well, they have 17 days until this game releases. It seems like they may not be doing any type of bonus on it. Who knows though, it's RosenQueen after all. Seems like they'd be cutting it a bit short though, as, by pre-order standards, this would be a fairly impulsive buy and people like myself have arrangements elsewhere (Gold Box + ECA huzzah)

It's available on Newegg for $47, no tax and free shipping for NY. Man, still no news on bonus items? Doesn't look like there gonna be any...

If there aren't any goodies, than I'll pass for now or wait till it drops in price. I've been spending too much money on rosenqueen pre-orders and honestly I don't think Atlus or NISA games are going to be as rare anymore, so I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

[quote name='Esoteria']Yeah, I went ahead and GS preordered. I'll get it the day of release that way. BTW, Nirron, what part of NC?[/quote]

In between places right now. Right now it's either Statesville or Chapel Hill. Check out the regional forum for SouthEast. Ton o' NC CAGS that-a-way.

@ Wildcat1080 - Turn-based JRPG with some original characters but a ton of characters from multiple popular Japanese-based franchises (AR Tonelico, Darkstalkers and so forth).

I normally would be annoyed at RQ for offering no pre-order bonus, but the fact that they managed to untangle all the licensing issues to bring the game overseas is a miracle in and of itself.

[quote name='Nirron']I normally would be annoyed at RQ for offering no pre-order bonus, but the fact that they managed to untangle all the licensing issues to bring the game overseas is a miracle in and of itself.[/quote]

yea I'm a bit surprised they managed this

Namco x Capcom never managed to come over here and it only had the two companies involved (and both are involved with Cross Edge even)

i've been holding off on whether to wait it out until rq puts up a package. but i guess ill just eventually bite and preorder it off newegg since release day is coming up fast

bread's done
Back