Developer: Compile Heart/Idea Factory
Release: May 26, 2009
Trophies: Yes

Pre-order at:

Amazon - $46.99 + free shipping
GameStop - $49.99 + free shipping with coupon code: SAVER
NewEgg - $46.99 + free shipping
Rosenqueen - $49.99

Please note that Cross Edge will not be sent out from our warehouse until 5/28/09. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Item Includes:
Cross Edge (For this preorder we will be only carrying 1,000 units)

Cross Edge - RQ Exclusive Postcard (6) (These postcard images are from the photo gallery in the game, except for one. You will not be able to see this one image anywhere else.)

Last edited by a moderator:
after i canceled my amazon order (when i moved my batman preorder to newegg) I was really on the fence about re-pre-ordering this one, but looking at the release date helped sway my decision. For some reason I had it in my head this one was coming out earlier than it really is. I'm still going to have to work with my budget a bit as this puts me over the $300 i had set aside for my summer gaming, but in the end i think it'll be worth it.

[quote name='buckythekat']did this game get delayed a week? I could have sworn it was coming out on the 19th but now its coming out the same day as Infamous[/quote]

Bad idea, and bad news for me. I'm anticipating both titles... ARGH! :bomb:

Updating the OP.

Looking at newegg, gamestop, and amazon they all have it listed as the 26th. So instead of it dropping with UFC, it comes out with inFAMOUS. My wallet is hurting.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Wow, I thought this had zero chance of coming here. It is well above my buy price but I might get it anyway to support the cause.[/quote]

i think i might just do that...

[quote name='Nirron']In between places right now. Right now it's either Statesville or Chapel Hill. Check out the regional forum for SouthEast. Ton o' NC CAGS that-a-way.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm in Chapel Hill, working in RTP.

So anyway, this thing getting pushed back a week is kinda lame. =( I'll be able to hold out, but my demand for an HD strategy RPG is only increasing by the minute. I've just gotta calm down and try to tackle those Expert mode skirmishes in Valkyria Chronicles.

If release day comes around and GS doesn't have my preordered copy, heads will roll....

Saw it and boy, what a relief! Pretty underwhelming bonus... I think I just saved myself $50 + tax + shipping... If I ever get an urge to play it, I will borrow my friend's import or pick it up from store at $20...

Hmm, I actually kind of want the postcards but I can't afford the game right now, if anyone is planning to pick up the game from Rosenqueen and would like to sell/trade me the postcards let me know.

was kind of hoping for a better pre-order bonus. but, oh well. i'll just wait to get this game when it drops in value.

I think this and the fact that it was so delayed was just because they don't really know how much they want to support this game and couldn't decide if any real investment in manufacturing a bonus like plushie or artbook... or even pressing soundtracks is really worth it so... they took couple images, went to their local kinkos and called it even...

half-assed.

i just checked you can change the shipping under "other carriers"
usps prio mail is 4.95

i was really hoping for a artbook or something but oh well

[quote name='shivaedge']Wow, postcards? POSTCARDS?! They could have at least given us decent-sized POSTERS or something, given the name "Poster Boy Set."[/QUOTE]

Especially since on the main Rosenqueen page it says "6 posters!? That's more than anyone deserves!"

EDIT: While we're on the subject of Rosenqueen, has anyone been able to contact them lately? I know they said something about a delay on the 6-8th, but I emailed them a week before that and nada. I preordered Puchi Puchi Virus on the previous Rosenqueen store, but I don't have any orders listed in my order history on the new store, and it's supposed to be out in a week or so, and I've already paid it off. Just want to make sure I'm getting it.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this game, but it's appeal eludes me.

I appreciate a lot of the characters that are included in the game (as I've spent many weeks spent in front of the TV with their respective games) and I'm okay with the art style, but from what I've seen, the game play seems a tad bit stale from a turn based RPG standpoint, and the "dungeons" and the general atmosphere seem to be devoid of any kind of life.

I'm just curious if I'm missing something important, or if I should just be looking forward to playing dress-up with Etna. :S

Idk about this, I don't know a lot about this game, or if it will be good or not but I'm a sucker for preorder bonuses.

[quote name='rainking187']Especially since on the main Rosenqueen page it says "6 posters!? That's more than anyone deserves!"

EDIT: While we're on the subject of Rosenqueen, has anyone been able to contact them lately? I know they said something about a delay on the 6-8th, but I emailed them a week before that and nada. I preordered Puchi Puchi Virus on the previous Rosenqueen store, but I don't have any orders listed in my order history on the new store, and it's supposed to be out in a week or so, and I've already paid it off. Just want to make sure I'm getting it.[/QUOTE]

I contacted them about my Puchi Puchi Virus preorder back in April and got a reply on 4/24:

Dear Valuable Fan,
Thank you for contacting RosenQueen.
Because of our switch to the new system, you are not able to view your order history because those orders were not made on this system. Please be assured that we have all records of previous orders, including the Puchi Puchi Virus order.
If you have any questions about your past purchases, please feel free to contact us.
Hope to see you soon at RosenQueen.com.

Thank you very much for your continuous support.

Sincerely,

Merchant Monkeys

So I guess it's still there. Somewhere. Can't help but worry.
I once ordered a poster and some soundtracks from their clearance sale early this year and they shipped them separately... with the same tracking number. I got the poster tube but USPS lost the CDs and obviously couldn't track since I got the poster with that one tracking number, but RQ sent them again. Sucks extra because they accidently tossed in some plushies and pencilboards in my order when shipped the first time :bomb:

It says those postcard images are in game.... They're pretty freaking perverted. How did this get T?

...Still majorly looking forward to the release, though. Preordered at B&M GS for release-day pick up. =D

How big do you think the game file is? Honestly, as a download this game would seem incredible. As a disc-based game, I can't stop thinking about all of the wasted space.

[quote name='willardhaven']Wow this game looks like ass, why isn't it a download? They're wasting resources manufacturing these Blu-Ray discs.[/QUOTE]

I likely wouldn't pay to download this, but will buy it... some of us really dislike the inalienability associated with downloadable games.

Just ordered. You can choose USPS Media Mail shipping so it only comes out to 2.38 for shipping (to NY, at least). I'm not too impressed with the pre-order but I was going to buy this day one anyway so I might as well get some crappy postcards for free.

I know that diehards love extraneous crap and the postcards may add value, but I get such a good deal with Amazon + ECA. Decisions, decisions.

i bought the rosenqueen preorder although it is pretty crappy. it would have cost me the same amount to preorder it at gamestop. also ny tax is high and they don't charge tax

[quote name='willardhaven']How big do you think the game file is? Honestly, as a download this game would seem incredible. As a disc-based game, I can't stop thinking about all of the wasted space.[/QUOTE]

The quality of a game doesn't depend on whether its downloadable or on a disc.

And there's no way this game is a gig or two. That's a PS2 game.

Just look at DIsgaea 3. It has 2D sprites, but it still required a Blu-ray disc. This game is probably at least 10 gigs.

[quote name='shivaedge']The quality of a game doesn't depend on whether its downloadable or on a disc.

And there's no way this game is a gig or two. That's a PS2 game.

Just look at DIsgaea 3. It has 2D sprites, but it still required a Blu-ray disc. This game is probably at least 10 gigs.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean anything, Sony requires all PS3 titles to be on BDs even if they fit on other media

So with shipping it's about $55 from Rosenqueen? Might as well get it from them.
Well, Amazon is a lot cheaper though.. hmm.
About[quote name='jacknicklson']That doesn't mean anything, Sony requires all PS3 titles to be on BDs even if they fit on other media[/QUOTE]
Correct.

There's a Wii game on DVD that's 81mb I believe.

I think that's ridiculous. Like I said, paying $50 for a mostly blank Blu-Ray disc is stupid, even if it's Jesus the Game. No, the file size means nothing, but putting Diner Dash on Blu-Ray wouldn't fly, so why does this?

You're paying for the game, not the blu-ray disc.
It's a pretty long game by modern standards and we're lucky to even have had it localized.

I guess if people like buying PS2 games for their PS3, I should leave them be. Usually this sort of thing doesn't irk me, but for some reason it does.

[quote name='willardhaven']I think that's ridiculous. Like I said, paying $50 for a mostly blank Blu-Ray disc is stupid, even if it's Jesus the Game. No, the file size means nothing, but putting Diner Dash on Blu-Ray wouldn't fly, so why does this?[/QUOTE]

You are bitching about the price, correct? Its a retail title, being charged less than the usual retail price. If it was dl only, it would still be the same price as it was designed to be a retail title.

I'm more bothered by the fact that they are shipping a Blu-Ray disc that is mostly empty space. They could fit Disgaea 1-3, Darkstalkers and both Ar Tonelico games on it. If it were DL only, I wouldn't care how much fanatics paid for it.

That really is the worst way of looking at it. I'm not sure why the space issue bothers you. It's just a storage medium, and not every game uses all of it, in fact most PS3 BD games can fit on DVDs.
The space is there if you need it.

You clearly have no idea about game development, publishing, licensing, or any part of the industry so you should just leave it alone because you are making absolutely no sense.

Haha, yeah, that doesn't make sense at all.
There's no difference between this game being on DVD or BD. It would cost you $49.99 regardless.

Actually, being on BD would make any video and sound in this game be of higher quality with the higher bitrate.

Well I don't know what kind of sound you are expecting, but in my original post I asked what the size of the image was. What am I not understanding about the game industry? Please educate me guys.

[quote name='willardhaven']Wow this game looks like ass, why isn't it a download? They're wasting resources manufacturing these Blu-Ray discs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']How big do you think the game file is? Honestly, as a download this game would seem incredible. As a disc-based game, I can't stop thinking about all of the wasted space.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']I do too, but the game can't be more than a gig or two max.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']I think that's ridiculous. Like I said, paying $50 for a mostly blank Blu-Ray disc is stupid, even if it's Jesus the Game. No, the file size means nothing, but putting Diner Dash on Blu-Ray wouldn't fly, so why does this?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']I guess if people like buying PS2 games for their PS3, I should leave them be. Usually this sort of thing doesn't irk me, but for some reason it does.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm more bothered by the fact that they are shipping a Blu-Ray disc that is mostly empty space. They could fit Disgaea 1-3, Darkstalkers and both Ar Tonelico games on it. If it were DL only, I wouldn't care how much fanatics paid for it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']Why won't Sony just put it on a PS3 DVD? Or they could make it a PS2 DVD and a download-only for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']Well I don't know what kind of sound you are expecting, but in my original post I asked what the size of the image was. What am I not understanding about the game industry? Please educate me guys.[/QUOTE]

FFS shut up, if you don't like it don't buy it and move on. If all you see are what you consider to be bad graphics and wasted disc space then you're clearly not the demographic the game is targetting. It's clearly a fanservice game aimed at Japanese gamers who are fans of the characters and franchises. The fact that we're getting it at all is shocking since these games with characters from different developers are almost never localized due to licensing issues. Let's all stop feeding the troll.

Did the PS2 games that were less 1GB, heck some less than 100mb, bother you since they were on a DVD (and not the blue CDs)?

[quote name='micheal000']
FFS shut up, if you don't like it don't buy it and move on. If all you see are what you consider to be bad graphics and wasted disc space then you're clearly not the demographic the game is targetting. It's clearly a fanservice game aimed at Japanese gamers who are fans of the characters and franchises. The fact that we're getting it at all is shocking since these games with characters from different developers are almost never localized due to licensing issues. Let's all stop feeding the troll.
[/QUOTE]Nailed it.
This game isn't for you then if the graphics matter that much. I'm done replying, and can't wait to pick up this game, even if I think it'll be a tad mediocre.

Sorry, my intent was not to troll and get everyone angry at me, I just saw the thread/game and got displeased. I probably should have left it at one post. Dallow, yeah if they were small enough they should have been on CDs, doesn't it take extra resources to make these high-end discs?

It makes sense, sort of. From consumer standpoint, it's much easier to back up a DVD than Blu-Ray disc. Also, obviously, PS2 discs can be read by PS2 and emulated (a plus). If it were a PS3 DVD game, at least it would cost a small fraction less to buy.

From Sony's standpoint, Blu-Rays cost a small amount more to manufacture, so using it is unnecessary. But if Sony wants Blu Ray-style encryption on all its PS3 games, then that's their decision.

In any case, this is a silly discussion, since you're still using the same amount of material. Download is not an option for me. Getting interested in this game, but waiting for it to show up in my Goldbox. Japanese dialog option earns my buy.

[quote name='dallow']No it doesn't willard, it's just a piece of plastic.[/QUOTE]

There is oil in them as well. Yeah, I realize it was a stupid thing to get worked up over. My apologies.

[quote name='willardhaven']There is oil in them as well. Yeah, I realize it was a stupid thing to get worked up over. My apologies.[/QUOTE]
I'll add that it does cost a couple pennies more to press a Blu-Ray disc in the factory than a DVD.
But that's a manufacturing cost, and actual development of the game has nothing to do with it.
The game could be on CD, DVD, BD, or download, and it would still cost $49.99.

bread's done
Back