Developer: Compile Heart/Idea Factory
Release: May 26, 2009
Trophies: Yes

Pre-order at:

Amazon - $46.99 + free shipping
GameStop - $49.99 + free shipping with coupon code: SAVER
NewEgg - $46.99 + free shipping
Rosenqueen - $49.99

Please note that Cross Edge will not be sent out from our warehouse until 5/28/09. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Item Includes:
Cross Edge (For this preorder we will be only carrying 1,000 units)

Cross Edge - RQ Exclusive Postcard (6) (These postcard images are from the photo gallery in the game, except for one. You will not be able to see this one image anywhere else.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']The majority of the human race would not like this crappy game. Only Japanophiles/geeks find this game attractive, even though it should have been released during the SNES era. This is a game I know I will find for $9.99 a couple of months from now and I will resell it for a huge profit on eBay to someone like djdude316.[/QUOTE]

Haha you probably bought a Wii for the graphics! Go play WiiFit with your grandma or something.

[quote name='illusion1441']coming from a guy whos name is nintendonly you have no right to be talking about graphics plus i thought nintendo fanboys said it wasn't about the graphics whenever anyone talks bad about the wii and all about the gameplay -_-[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he/she/it is just waiting for something decent to play on the Wii that he/she/it has to bash a game we want to make himself fell better.

I read IGN's review... most of the things that were mentioned as "bad" was mostly just the reviewer whining about how the game was difficult. And seriously, gameplay is much more important then graphics.

I understand that some people might think this is a bad game. But Nintendonly, you are threadcrapping. It is juvenile and really has no point. Please stop.

[quote name='Nintendonly']*waits for $19.99 pricepoint*

Rarely anyone in New England are anime fans, so I get to take advantage of stuff like this once it goes down in price from the lack of sales. I'm not into anime either, but I am a sucker for crossovers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nintendonly']The majority of the human race would not like this crappy game. Only Japanophiles/geeks find this game attractive, even though it should have been released during the SNES era. This is a game I know I will find for $9.99 a couple of months from now and I will resell it for a huge profit on eBay to someone like djdude316.[/QUOTE]

Well, you seem to be a sucker for this, so I guess you're a weeaboo.

But really, troll harder. You don't like this game and you don't have a ps3, we get the point, now gtfo. There was already another troll earlier in this thread, so you're a bit late, too.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Keep telling yourself that. Anything to convince yourself it was well worth the 50 smackers.[/QUOTE]

You're trying too hard.

There's a fine line between trolling and criticizing- the former degrades and insults an intellectual property without any solid ground, without relevant reason and the latter points out flaws after having hands on experience with a relative idea that such criticisms are limited to yourself and those who share your sensibilities.

A bad (not just in one traditional sense) review from IGN and a screenshot as your basis of saying "The majority of the human race would not like this crappy game." is trolling in its simplest form.

So yes, do stop it- you're embarrassing yourself, especially with that user name combo.

Anyhow, I've got the game in the mail from Gamefly and after some playtime, the game is proving more enjoyable then the Japanese demo I played ages ago. Actually knowing what they're saying and what you're supposed to do increases overall enjoyability (who would have thought).

Still, I don't think I'll keep this one... it'll simply serve to quench my desire for an RPG in check till Mana Khemia 2 and others titles start rolling in come June.

I enjoy the battles a lot, everything else is just ok.
I'm not an anime fan at all, game just looked interesting and I like 2D graphics.

[quote name='Nintendonly']This screen alone is proof enough that the game isn't even worth $19.99:

cross-edge-20090529080141892-000.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That screen alone is why I'm buying the game right now \\:D/

[quote name='Nintendonly']...and with shipping, comes out to be more than $49.99.[/QUOTE]

err..and that's why I drive 5 minutes to Frys and pick it up.

the ign guy who reviewed it doesnt like disgaea 3 too. so whats the point of the review if you disagreed with him the first time.

This game probably isn't that good, but the 3.5 score is bogus. That same dood gave Eternal Poison a 3.5 as well, well below it's average rating from other review sites.

[quote name='doodofdoods']This game probably isn't that good, but the 3.5 score is bogus. That same dood gave Eternal Poison a 3.5 as well, well below it's average rating from other review sites.[/QUOTE]

From reading the review, I don't believe he likes these types of games.

I don't get it, why is that guy still working for IGN if he's not going to give these games proper reviews? 6.7 for Disgaea 3? 3.5 for Eternal Poison? wth? He shouldn't be assigned to those games if he's going to have such a huge bias.

[quote name='the_grimace']has anyone personally tried the game yet? Whats your thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

In-depth battle system that's actually fun and only takes 15 minutes to get used to (don't listen to the crappy IGN reviewer who couldn't get his head around the battle system).

The battle music is top-notch stuff (look it up on YouTube called "The Grand Design")

Options, options, options! Options for English or Japanese dubs, and an option to install 4GB for faster loading times.

[quote name='Nintendonly']This screen alone is proof enough that the game isn't even worth $19.99:

[/QUOTE]

Mmhmm poster is a master of irony with a name like Nintendonly. If graphics were everything I think the above quote would apply to every game in the Wii and DS library.

[/QUOTE]
It's all about gameplay, not about fancy 3D graphics. Haven't you learned since apparently you're a Nintendo fan?!

Anyway, I think I'll wait for a sale or something. I got enough games to tide me over for a while.

[quote name='sunghost']I don't get it, why is that guy still working for IGN if he's not going to give these games proper reviews?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. IGN giving a proper review. That's a good one.

Battle style looks kind of like Valkyrie Profile and I loved that (Awesome) game.

Would this be a yay or a nay, would you recommend this to me?

Darkstalkers or Night Warriors was a good game and I am familiar with most of the characters. I know some from Disgaea. Would this help in liking the game?

Thanks for any feedback.

I got it 2 days ago and I'm playing on Hard right now (one of the requirements for the true ending) and not enjoying it too much. The monsters are way overpowered. You get little XP & gold from the fights. I played all night to get to lv4 and still got my ass kicked by lv1 monsters. I finally started to enjoy the game a bit when I had a chance, only to get to a new area and get gangraped all over again. I understand you have to grind, but, for me, at least make it more enjoyable.

There isn't much guidance/instruction from the manual and ingame. So I have to search online to find out various things like how to check who can use what weapon, party formations, etc.

I'll prob grind another 4 hours tomorrow. But overall, it's not as fun as I expected it to be. Personal opinion.

i was planning to get true ending on my second play through. although, i havent started let alone unwrapped it. busy with infamous.

So I am guessing a lot of grinding is had in this game?
Or is that just in the harder difficulty?

[quote name='Asamiya']So I am guessing a lot of grinding is had in this game?
Or is that just in the harder difficulty?[/QUOTE]

Yeah there's a lot of grinding even on Normal. First monsters give you very little gold and the only way to heal your party during fights on the map is healing items at the beginning, which cost 200 gold each to purchase. In the dungeons, you don't auto-heal after battles so you'll need a full supply of herbs to get through those.

Also first dungeon it's recommended to be at level 9 before you attempt it. I think I'm at level 4 and I'm just playing the game like I normally would any other RPG I've played. I would definately recommend either buying the online Flash guide from Double Jump Books for $10 or wait for an FAQ to showup on GameFAQ's before you attempt this game.

Given IGN's review, I seriously doubt we'll see a guide from them. Problem is Ryan Clements is the "RPG guy" of the PS3 team as Jeremy Dunham is now the Editorial Director and it does seem that he has a bias against JRPG's that don't do something completely different like Valkyria Chronicles did. Hilary Goldstein does the RPG reviews on 360 and I would say he definatly favors WRPG's over JRPG's given his reviews of Fable/ME/Fallout vs. Tales/Lost Odyssey/ES/Blue Dragon/Star Ocean.

I really wish NISA had just waited until June to put this out, having it come out the week Infamous did is just going to kill its sales. Their preorder bonus is also a joke. There's still a lot of game here for the money but just beware you'll need to devote serious time to grind levels with this game. It's a lot easier to plow through Infamous (already at end boss after playing it or 15-20 hours) than it is this game.

Just remember this is only available at B&M retail at Gamestop, Best Buy, and maybe Game Crazy so if you're going to hold off on buying this, keep regular check of your stock at Best Buy as most GS/GC's are probably going to be sold out soon as they only ordered a max of 5 copies per store.

[quote name='tonkotsu']I got it 2 days ago and I'm playing on Hard right now (one of the requirements for the true ending) and not enjoying it too much. The monsters are way overpowered. You get little XP & gold from the fights. I played all night to get to lv4 and still got my ass kicked by lv1 monsters. I finally started to enjoy the game a bit when I had a chance, only to get to a new area and get gangraped all over again. I understand you have to grind, but, for me, at least make it more enjoyable.

There isn't much guidance/instruction from the manual and ingame. So I have to search online to find out various things like how to check who can use what weapon, party formations, etc.

I'll prob grind another 4 hours tomorrow. But overall, it's not as fun as I expected it to be. Personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

If you are still getting beaten by lvl 1 monsters and your lvl 4 (even on hard) you should try a new strategy for battle.

Make sure you are chaining combos ... and always .... ALWAYS .. skip your first turn.

You should be able to land 45 - 48 hit combos before you ever even recruit Misha and Aurica in section 1-1.

[quote name='Nintendonly']This screen alone is proof enough that the game Nintendo isn't even worth $19.99 taking seriously anymore:

125x160_180985.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I fixed your post, but your attitude is going to take some work.

@MSUHitman: Thank you for the reply, and it looks like ill probably buy this game at a later date. I'll keep watch of this game, Thanks again.

Cross Edge just popped out in my gold box for $44.64. After ECA discount it's just under $40 shipped.

Should I pull the trigger? Decision, decision.....

[quote name='eau']Cross Edge just popped out in my gold box for $44.64. After ECA discount it's just under $40 shipped.

Should I pull the trigger? Decision, decision.....[/QUOTE]

Why? With the awful reviews it's getting it'll be bargain bin in a month or two at most.

[quote name='tonkotsu']I got it 2 days ago and I'm playing on Hard right now (one of the requirements for the true ending) and not enjoying it too much. The monsters are way overpowered. You get little XP & gold from the fights. I played all night to get to lv4 and still got my ass kicked by lv1 monsters. I finally started to enjoy the game a bit when I had a chance, only to get to a new area and get gangraped all over again. I understand you have to grind, but, for me, at least make it more enjoyable.

I'll prob grind another 4 hours tomorrow. But overall, it's not as fun as I expected it to be. Personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

Hard mode... is hard.

Hell, normal mode is pretty hard- hard mode is kind of insane especially for your first round. The game does have a new game option so I'm going to tackle hard mode for the True Ending when I'm done with Normal mode.

The game was hard to get into at first but it has a lot going for it gameplay wise if you dig deep and figure out some good combination of characters, positions and skills.

It's one of those games that you can abuse and make yourself incredibly powerful and the process of figuring it all out can be quite fun.

I thought the game was so-so when I started playing it and still think so but at the same time, I find myself spending more and more time playing (synthesizing new equipment, searching for hidden items and events) it having fun so that says something to the kind of appeal the game has.

For those wanting to do a second runthrough to get the True Ending, the review from Diehardgamefan.com (he played the Japanese import twice last year) says it's nearly impossible to get the True Ending doing the New Game+ mode because all of the souls you found the first time are gone and finding X number of souls is one of the requirements. He said your better off just doing a clean second run.

[quote name='MSUHitman']For those wanting to do a second runthrough to get the True Ending, the review from Diehardgamefan.com (he played the Japanese import twice last year) says it's nearly impossible to get the True Ending doing the New Game+ mode because all of the souls you found the first time are gone and finding X number of souls is one of the requirements. He said your better off just doing a clean second run.[/QUOTE]

Well that's silly. I'll look into that.

If nothing else I'll either start a clean save on Hard with knowledge of all the stuff I figured out playing Normal mode or just simply watch the ending on Youtube! Which ever I feel like depending on how much I want to play the game again.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Why? With the awful reviews it's getting it'll be bargain bin in a month or two at most.[/QUOTE]

The awful reviews? Like Ign and...what? And anyone that really thinks this will end up in a bargin bin anytime soon doesn't have any idea how NISA operates. It'll either go out of print soon, or stay full price till it goes out of print.

[quote name='rainking187']The awful reviews? Like Ign and...what? And anyone that really thinks this will end up in a bargin bin anytime soon doesn't have any idea how NISA operates. It'll either go out of print soon, or stay full price till it goes out of print.[/QUOTE]

Name me one NISA game that stayed full price till its out of print. Are you mistaking NISA with ATLUS ?

[quote name='kiun']Name me one NISA game that stayed full price till its out of print. Are you mistaking NISA with ATLUS ?[/QUOTE]

He's probably thinking Disgaea(1), which was published by ATLUS.

[quote name='kiun']Name me one NISA game that stayed full price till its out of print. Are you mistaking NISA with ATLUS ?[/QUOTE]

I think you may be mistaking Atlus with NISA. Rhapsody DS is the only title I can think of recently that got a price drop. Ar Tonelico 2 stayed at $40. Mana Khemia stayed at $40. Ar Tonelico stayed at $50. Mana Khemia PSP is still at $30. Disgaea DS is still at $30. Prinny is still at $40.

[quote name='rainking187']I think you may be mistaking Atlus with NISA. Rhapsody DS is the only title I can think of recently that got a price drop. Ar Tonelico 2 stayed at $40. Mana Khemia stayed at $40. Ar Tonelico stayed at $50. Mana Khemia PSP is still at $30. Disgaea DS is still at $30. Prinny is still at $40.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea 2 is $30, Phantam Brave $20, Makai Kingdom $20 . and I bought Disgaea 3 for the low price of $18. Just saying.

[quote name='djduke316']Disgaea 2 is $30, Phantam Brave $20, Makai Kingdom $20 . and I bought Disgaea 3 for the low price of $18. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

2 of those were reprints. AR Tonelico and Mana Khemia also got reprints for $20, so even if they don't drop in price the chances are pretty good that a NISA game will get reprinted down the line.

Most of Atlus' games price drop like crazy as well. All but SMT / Persona series pretty much. However, they were cheap upon release in the first place, Persona 4 and SMT-Digital Devil Summoner 2 for 35.99 CDN upon release?

I personally dont see Cross Edge drop in price anytime soon. It will probably stay at 49.99(MSRP) for at least an year?

A question who those who use RosenQueen.

The bonus points are acquired after each order, right? How long does it usually take to get these bonus points in your account?

bread's done
Back