Developer: Compile Heart/Idea Factory
Release: May 26, 2009
Trophies: Yes

Pre-order at:

Amazon - $46.99 + free shipping
GameStop - $49.99 + free shipping with coupon code: SAVER
NewEgg - $46.99 + free shipping
Rosenqueen - $49.99

Please note that Cross Edge will not be sent out from our warehouse until 5/28/09. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Item Includes:
Cross Edge (For this preorder we will be only carrying 1,000 units)

Cross Edge - RQ Exclusive Postcard (6) (These postcard images are from the photo gallery in the game, except for one. You will not be able to see this one image anywhere else.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='officerrickyross222']just picked mine up a a couple hours ago. my gs only had 4 copies and 2 were preordered . when i came to pick mine up there was my copy and 1 extra. so i decided to buy them both .he brings them out from the back 1was sealed other was gutted :bomb:. so as im paying a guy and his wife came in asking for cross edge. the manageer laughed and said you couple min late just sold last to him (points to me). the guys says i drove 2 hours around looking for this ill give you whatever you want he started at 100 $ b4 i could say anything he jumped to 150 i loled and instantly handed them gutted copy and recieved the 150 manager was yelling take that outside (the transaction for some reason the dont you buying things from people in store). so 1 sealed copy of cross = great 1 gutted copy sold for 150 triple its current value = priceless :cool:[/QUOTE]

The economy is rough eh...

To all you who have purchased the American version, what are your thoughts so far? I know it's very fan-servicey, which is ok with me. I'm leaning towards buying it. But the lack of reviews makes me pause. I know there are mitigating factors to the lack of reviews (NISA's financial troubles, RPGs take longer to properly review, the past long weekend), but I'd still like to hear some impressions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, if NISA wanted to stir up some interest in this game, why didn't they have the US Disgaea 3 trophy patch up a month or two ago?

[quote name='officerrickyross222']just picked mine up a a couple hours ago. my gs only had 4 copies and 2 were preordered . when i came to pick mine up there was my copy and 1 extra. so i decided to buy them both .he brings them out from the back 1was sealed other was gutted :bomb:. so as im paying a guy and his wife came in asking for cross edge. the manageer laughed and said you couple min late just sold last to him (points to me). the guys says i drove 2 hours around looking for this ill give you whatever you want he started at 100 $ b4 i could say anything he jumped to 150 i loled and instantly handed them gutted copy and recieved the 150 manager was yelling take that outside (the transaction for some reason the dont you buying things from people in store). so 1 sealed copy of cross = great 1 gutted copy sold for 150 triple its current value = priceless :cool:[/QUOTE]

and then the check bounced.

PWNED

The zeal of this individual over this sort of game leads me to ask: what was his appearance? What really confuses me is that he could have bought it from Amazon and overnighted it and would have made things a lot cheaper. One day is too much to wait?

[quote name='greenfox']To all you who have purchased the American version, what are your thoughts so far? I know it's very fan-servicey, which is ok with me. I'm leaning towards buying it. But the lack of reviews makes me pause. I know there are mitigating factors to the lack of reviews (NISA's financial troubles, RPGs take longer to properly review, the past long weekend), but I'd still like to hear some impressions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/05/27/review-cross-edge-ps3/

You're welcome.:cool:

[quote name='Knoxximus']http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/05/27/review-cross-edge-ps3/

You're welcome.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'd actually seen that one earlier in the day. I'm actually hoping to find a little broader perspective. One review from a site I've never heard of does not an informed purchase make.

[quote name='aegisol']What really confuses me is that he could have bought it from Amazon and overnighted it and would have made things a lot cheaper. One day is too much to wait?[/QUOTE]

Second.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aegisol']What really confuses me is that he could have bought it from Amazon and overnighted it and would have made things a lot cheaper. One day is too much to wait?[/QUOTE]

Second.

[quote name='greenfox']Thanks, I'd actually seen that one earlier in the day. I'm actually hoping to find a little broader perspective. One review from a site I've never heard of does not an informed purchase make.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree, but it was really in depth and I felt it gave a pretty decent overview of the game without coming across as being too biased.

I ordered mine from RosenQueen. I wanted the postcards despite the fact that they aren't that great of a bonus. Plus, I had some credit there. Can't wait 'til the games arrives.

you could have been nice and sold it to him at cost since he had just driven 2 hours

yea he offered you $150 doesn't mean you have to take advantage of the poor guy

[quote name='Knoxximus']Normally I would agree, but it was really in depth and I felt it gave a pretty decent overview of the game without coming across as being too biased.[/QUOTE]

Oh I definitely didn't think it was a poorly written review. I guess I'm just looking to hear a bit more about it before I decide whether I want to pick it up or not. I'm trying to be a little more responsible with my cash than I have been in the past.

[quote name='the_grimace']and then the check bounced.

PWNED[/QUOTE]

how can the check bounce if i stated he gave me 150 $ cash :roll:

[quote name='buckythekat']you could have been nice and sold it to him at cost since he had just driven 2 hours

yea he offered you $150 doesn't mean you have to take advantage of the poor guy[/QUOTE]

8-[ you serious ? lol who would turn down ad 100 dollar comeup ?

[quote name='10kdragon']saw this at bestbuy today, stack loads of them[/QUOTE]

Same here. I went to pick up Infamous using my RZ points and they had around 20 or so copies of Cross Edge sitting on the shelf. Definitely not rare for the time being at least.

I'm really surprised BB is carrying this. As others have said my Gamestop only got 4 copies in also. My preorder and 3 extras, which only the gutted copy is left now.

Part of the gamestop strategy is to make people think things are hard to get without preordering, after all...

I am really wanting to pick this up, but its kind of a catch 22. Its not worth the MSRP, but being a NIS game, will be difficult to find after too long. Maybe I should just use an ECA code and get it from Amazon...

[quote name='Josef']Best Buy does seem to carry a lot of the NIS games. You won't see this at Target though.[/QUOTE]
Target rarely carries niche games (I know this all too well. Rarely got to use my discount on niche games). Best Buy, on the other hand, has been much better lately at carrying niche titles I've noticed. Been nice for my RZ if I don't go through Amazon.

[quote name='bssybeep']Fry's has Cross Edge for 44.99[/QUOTE]
...and with shipping, comes out to be more than $49.99.

[quote name='Nintendonly']...and with shipping, comes out to be more than $49.99.[/QUOTE]

A lot of us can go to frys B&M store

[quote name='62t']A lot of us can go to frys B&M store[/QUOTE]
...and the problem with New England is that we have the worst selection of retailers available. All I've seen here are Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, *Circuit Cities, FYEs (a.k.a. Strawberries), GameStops/EBGames, Sears, *K-marts, **Radioshacks, *CompUSAs, and Toys "R" Uses. We don't get your Fry's or your Play 'n' Trades, and we rarely have any Game Crazies. So yeah. New England blows.

Legend:

*Deceased and/or very few left in the area.
**Pathetic selection of games available.

sounds like they printed more than most of the people in the thread thought. I have 2 copies and want to play it but I have a huge backlog currently. So maybe I will wait to open them until I get around to playing the game...

It does look awesome though

[quote name='Nintendonly']...and with shipping, comes out to be more than $49.99.[/QUOTE]

I went to my closest Frys on my way home (Palo Alto, CA) tonight. It wasn't there initially, but someone soon came by to stock the shelves with Cross Edge, the sticker actually read $46.98. Then the another employee comes by to tell the first guy something about the $44.99 price (which he verified at the nearby computer) and that it shouldn't be on shelves until tomorrow. So they put the stack of 10 copies behind the computer. After they shortly disappeared, I grabbed a copy.....wow, that was a boring story.

[quote name='mowmow']my rosenqueen order came today, the last mysterious postcard pic is a group photo in their bikini's[/QUOTE]
We WANT a pic :twisted:

I cancelled my preorder from Amazon and yesterday it was in my Gold Box for $44! ECA 10% off coupon knocked it down to $39.95! I love Amazon!

[quote name='officerrickyross222']
8-[ you serious ? lol who would turn down ad 100 dollar comeup ?[/QUOTE]

1. I don't believe your story.
2. A person with a conscious would turn down $100 and give it to him at retail.

*waits for $19.99 pricepoint*

Rarely anyone in New England are anime fans, so I get to take advantage of stuff like this once it goes down in price from the lack of sales. I'm not into anime either, but I am a sucker for crossovers.

[quote name='Serpentor']errr, the post cards are still available, i guess they're not going anywhere for a while.[/QUOTE]

I got an email yesterday that said 200 units were left, so I imagine they'll be sold out in the next few days.

This screen alone is proof enough that the game isn't even worth $19.99:

cross-edge-20090529080141892-000.jpg

[quote name='Nintendonly']This screen alone is proof enough that the game isn't even worth $19.99:

cross-edge-20090529080141892-000.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And THAT is why you're still a CAG in training. We don't care what you think. Go away, troll.

BTW, IGN's rep has gone down A LOT over the last few years. I only take word of mouth for it. I played the Japanese demo, and it was really fun and addictive, so I'm looking foward to this game.

[quote name='djduke316']it was really fun and addictive[/QUOTE]
Keep telling yourself that. Anything to convince yourself it was well worth the 50 smackers.

Why is it always the graphics that people are aiming for? just because it doesn't have HD quality or anywhere near the graphics some of the newer games have does not make it a bad game.

I'm just waiting for my RosenQueen order to come in and I'd be glad to give it a shot as well. Everyone has different preference so just because you may not like it, does not mean everyone else will as well.

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']Why is it always the graphics that people are aiming for? just because it doesn't have HD quality or anywhere near the graphics some of the newer games have does not make it a bad game.

I'm just waiting for my RosenQueen order to come in and I'd be glad to give it a shot as well. Everyone has different preference so just because you may not like it, does not mean everyone else will as well.[/QUOTE]
The majority of the human race would not like this crappy game. Only Japanophiles/geeks find this game attractive, even though it should have been released during the SNES era. This is a game I know I will find for $9.99 a couple of months from now and I will resell it for a huge profit on eBay to someone like djdude316.

coming from a guy whos name is nintendonly you have no right to be talking about graphics plus i thought nintendo fanboys said it wasn't about the graphics whenever anyone talks bad about the wii and all about the gameplay -_-

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']Why is it always the graphics that people are aiming for? just because it doesn't have HD quality or anywhere near the graphics some of the newer games have does not make it a bad game. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they have DLC and $10 prices for stuff resembling this. It's all really in the eye of the beholder. This could be low print hard to come by stuff in a month so $50 might be a steal, but when you compare with what you get elsewhere for $50, this game is a pretty low budget production.

bread's done
Back