RPG Thread XI is pretending X-2 doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='icebeast']
The MC was resting on Aigis's lap, and at the end seems very drowsy (because he is about to die) and closes his eyes (forever). Fairly sure if you play the "The Answer" epilogue in P3:FES it confirms that he dies (although I still haven't played that).
[/QUOTE]
i thought he was just tired after a long year of kicking ass and sleeping with his friends!
really!

[quote name='kainzero']
i thought he was just tired after a long year of kicking ass and sleeping with his friends!
really!
[/QUOTE]

The Answer spoilers:
You find out in the Answer that the MC's soul was basically used to form a barrier around the final boss, and the only reason he lived after the final boss battle was to keep that promise to meet everyone on the roof on graduation day.

[quote name='kainzero']
i'm reading the wikipedia entry and... what?
P3 ending
according to this, the MC dies at the end? really? i thought the ending movie was him and aigis on the roof? what the heck? did i miss something?
[/QUOTE]
I agree, there was really no indication in P3 that he was dead, and if someone hadn't spoiled it for me in a youtube comment I'd never have known. I think they didn't really decide he was dead until they developed The Answer, though.

[quote name='adriley313']is it okay to play 3 if i havent played one.
Im gonna try and play 3 before 2 comes out[/QUOTE]

There is no need to play the Persona games in order since they aren't related except by the concept of demon summoning (except for P2: Innocent Sin and P2: Eternal Punishment, but apparently ATLUS thought America could make do without the first game till now in that case as well (looking forward to playing Innocent Sin), haha). Personally I couldn't get into Persona 1 at all, even though it has been updated it still feels too dated to really enjoy (especially because the random encounter rate is insanely high).

ya ive heard ppl like 3 better than 1, so i think ill just keep my persona 1 sealed for my persona collection. Wanna import P3P but dont want a crushed box from Zavvi. Gonna Gamefly it so i dont have to open the UK LE one.

im excited about Persona 2 and ive already pre-ordered a copy from Amazon and happy they are including the OST like 1 so that its not a game only and will fit in my collection

How do u feel about the DS versions?
Just bought Devil Summoner from Amazon for $21 and cant wait to try it.

From my experience from just playing Devil Summoner 2,other than the story it was a pretty average game,and the whole demon negotiation system got old really quickly.

[quote name='icebeast']There is no need to play the Persona games in order since they aren't related except by the concept of demon summoning (except for P2: Innocent Sin and P2: Eternal Punishment, but apparently ATLUS thought America could make do without the first game till now in that case as well (looking forward to playing Innocent Sin), haha). Personally I couldn't get into Persona 1 at all, even though it has been updated it still feels too dated to really enjoy (especially because the random encounter rate is insanely high).[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, 2 P1 characters return in PS2 as playable characters

[quote name='62t']Not exactly, 2 P1 characters return in PS2 as playable characters[/QUOTE]

Do they add to the story? If not, then it's safe to skip P1

[quote name='adriley313']
How do u feel about the DS versions?
Just bought Devil Summoner from Amazon for $21 and cant wait to try it.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Devil Survivor? (that's the DS one. Devil Summoner is a PS2 game.)

ya i mean Devil Survivor, my friend was taking bought the other
Who do you guys feel about the DS games and is Devil Survivor related to Strange Journey?

Wow, forgot about "The Answer" in P3. I played for a crap-ton of time and completely set it aside and forgot about it. I didn't even finish regular P3, let alone start The Answer. Last thing I remember they were all
getting new Personas. I think Akihiko is the last one I got
. I think I'll get back into it.

[quote name='62t']Not exactly, 2 P1 characters return in PS2 as playable characters[/QUOTE]

I see, I played maybe 10 hours of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for PS1 but didn't make it more than 5 hours or less into Persona on the PSP because I just couldn't get into it (and I didn't play the PS1 game) so I don't remember any characters that were in both.

[quote name='adriley313']How do u feel about the DS versions?
Just bought Devil Summoner from Amazon for $21 and cant wait to try it.[/QUOTE]

If we're talking about Devil Summoner I only played the first one and thought it was alright, the setting was really neat, combat seemed alright but not amazing.

If we're talking SMT: Strange Journey that game is fairly cool if you like Etrian Odyssey style of dungeon exploring, and if we are talking Devil Survivor that game is fairly fun if you like SMT games and enjoy SRPGs.

[quote name='adriley313']ya i mean Devil Survivor, my friend was taking bought the other
Who do you guys feel about the DS games and is Devil Survivor related to Strange Journey?[/QUOTE]

Devil Survivor is fairly fun, gets a little hard at the end.

Strange Journey is a totally separate game.

ok icebeast, u seem like a persona fan.
I was looking at persona cosplay outfits as i was looking for something to cosplay at my next gamer convection.
and saw a bunch pf ppl putting guns to their heads. Please explain.

i haven't played a persona games since ps2 like awhile ago.

thx, just curious
think ill stick with waldo for my first cosplay
cant wait till persona 3 gets here from gamefly

on another note, whats everyones favorite moster hunter type game.
Just tried God Eater Burst and hated it but i loved Lord of Arcana

[quote name='Indignate']P3 is the gun. Every other game is cards I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yep, fairly sure that's right (not sure about Persona 1).

[quote name='adriley313']on another note, whats everyones favorite moster hunter type game.
Just tried God Eater Burst and hated it but i loved Lord of Arcana[/QUOTE]

The only ones I've actually played are Monster Hunter, haha. I was really into Monster Hunter Tri last year though, basically made it up to almost fighting Alatreon in Online mode and finished single player, I was on the end of the + monsters, but I didn't finish all the quests and kind of got burned out. I played a bow gunner.

i tried to play monster hunter freedom unite when i first got my psp
maybe ill try again when the dual pack comes out

gonna play some DA:O and LoH: TiTS

yeah, get that shit out of here

2132457699_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueshinra']So apparently FFXIII-2 has a moogle with a crystal instead of a pompom - http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/08/11/ffxiii_2_screens/2132457711/

...fucking hell?![/QUOTE]

Because every one loves moogles, everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2D8zcRf59M

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Played some more P3 last night, finally got to Tartarus, but I saved before I actually went in last night, due to being tired from running errands all day. I'll probably start exploring Tartarus tonight.

[quote name='icebeast']Must be part of the rare species Moogleus Crystallum. Also...
cd1cb_funny-pictures-moogle-face-ur-doin-it-rite.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Adorable. My cat Lynx (yes, I named a cat after a character from Chrono Cross. Deal with it) looks just like that, actually. Minus the Moogle face.

[quote name='Kimura']Has anyone here ever played Phantasy Star Portable or 2? You can get them both for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Phantasy-Star-Defender-s-Pack-PSP-PSP/17048456). Just wondering if I should spend my money on it[/QUOTE]

i pre-ordered 2 and posted the link in the PSP forum.
Looks good.

Only it comes out the same week as Persona 2 so maybe thats why its so cheap.

For $10 a great gift to any friends that like rpgs on there psp's

Curious, i lov Final Fantasy series like many others but hated 13.
Is 13-2 gonna be any better or is it still play 25 hours till it gets good?
I played 4 and gave up.

[quote name='adriley313']Curious, i lov Final Fantasy series like many others but hated 13.
Is 13-2 gonna be any better or is it still play 25 hours till it gets good?
I played 4 and gave up.[/QUOTE]

So far they said the level design will be better and won't be linear.

a lot of returning characters and such, so if you disliked the dialogue in XIII i assume Serah and Noel aren't going to change your mind. and the battle system looks to be getting a nice twist to it, but still the same concept.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What is the preferred version of Phantom Brave, Wii or PSP?[/QUOTE]

PSP most likely.

I just don't like playing my RPGs on the wii. :lol:

I finished chapter nine in FFXIII last night and
I really enjoyed the bridge level, it was somewhat inspired and fun to maneuver around in, plenty of hidden goodies. If the game had more levels like these there probably would have been far less complaints about the game

I am sort of hesitating now though because I am at the point where I need to start upgrading weapons, the whole system seems confusing to me, and I want to make sure I don't mess up my shot at the
treasure hunter trophy
to get the plat. Thus far I have saved everything I have looted and avoided upgrading anything.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Thus far I have saved everything I have looted and avoided upgrading anything.[/QUOTE]
If you're willing to do the work necessary for the plat trophy, I would recommend this site. It tells you what you need to upgrade all the weapons in the cheapest form possible.

http://concubidated.com/ffxiii/

You can pretty much ignore the weapon upgrading until the postgame. And just make sure you don't sell anything that the description doesn't say to sell, and you'll be good for Treasure Hunter.

The annoying thing is that you will have done everything else there is to do in the game, and you'll still have like 10 hours of grinding left for the gil and Dark Matters you need for Treasure Hunter. Just don't waste any time grinding for CP for Master's Seal. Just work on finishing and 5-star'ing the Cie'th Stone missions and it will come naturally.

[quote name='momouchi']Going to pick up a PSP soon, what are your top 3 RPGs?[/QUOTE]

My choices below.

Non-ports:

1: Jeanne D'Arc
2. Crisis Core
3. Crimson Gem Saga

Ports/remakes:

1. Persona 3 Portable
2. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
3. Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

From the ones ive played so far

1.Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
2.Ys Seven
3.Lord of Arcana

though i still have many to play

[quote name='adriley313']From the ones ive played so far

1.Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
2.Ys Seven
3.Lord of Arcana

though i still have many to play[/QUOTE]

Ys Seven was great.

Though most of the others I have played were mostly ports/remakes. So the Ys games, P3P (obviously), Persona was OK, felt a bit dated though. Hexyz Force is kinda interesting, only played about half of one character's story (there's two but they are both pretty short).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back