Saint's Row: The Third- Strap it On 11/15/11

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think more personally for me Murderbrawl (even with it kinda being one long QTE) made the game for me. Just because it was so corny, but hard to play through with it without a giant smile once the music kicks in.[/QUOTE]

The best part about the game I think is how well they managed to weave the perfect background music into what was going on during a couple of the missions so that it felt epic.

[quote name='The 7th Number']For the chop shop vehicles, if they are destroyed, just restart the mission from where you stand and it should spawn a new one. I remember i was supposed to steal one of those swat air planes from central park and they blow up so easy. 2 or 3 blew up when the military guys started to shoot at me just for entering. So i restarted the mission and a new one appeared and i got in and jetted out asap and was able to capture it. I think the other one that blew up was a boat? Not sure. It didnt happen too often.

Ive been trying to mow down those challenges for the last achievement. Im up to 16/50 gang taunts. Finished car surfing, one that seems hard is the one where you jump out of the car and let the car ghost ride and create damage. Torpedo? Whenever i do it i get like no cash towards that challenge if any.[/QUOTE]

Well, te glitch that is happening is the car never even appears. I get to the hood, and the message pops up and ends the activity. Happens over and over.

As far as the torpedo challenge, that was one of the easiest. I used a heavier car and torpedoed it into a gang roadblock.

[quote name='whiptcracker']The best part about the game I think is how well they managed to weave the perfect background music into what was going on during a couple of the missions so that it felt epic.[/QUOTE]
I'm 70% sure that's where majority of my love for the game is coming from. The finale did feel like a race against time because of that song choice.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm 70% sure that's where majority of my love for the game is coming from. The finale did feel like a race against time because of that song choice.[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah, but when i first played the last level i kept getting hit, stuck in traffic, so it really killed the mood. It wasnt so much a race for me, but a traffic jam.

I finished Torpedo, for whatever reason when i hit stuff like fences, cars, anything it wouldnt give me any points towards it. The description even says about cars smashing. It wasnt until i did a torpedo and hit NOTHING that it started to rack points up easy. I have no idea what the point of that is.

I have 6 challenges left.

- 30/50 hostages
- 16/50 gang members taunted
- 388/1000 feet windshield cannon distance (is there something special you have to do to get this? Maybe like play insurance fraud or something?)
- 0/15 basejumps nailed
- 7/26 survival completed
- 333/500 headshots

Here are some more screens ^_^

Random Hotdogs driving....
126189308844636132.jpg

Car Glitch in road 1
126189308844636590.jpg

Car glitch in road 2
126189308844678714.jpg

New modded car
126189308844676573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dotCody']Am I only the one who thinks Saints Row 2 was way better than this toned down crap?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I am very disappointed with this game. So much hype and such a let down.

[quote name='The 7th Number']LOL yeah, but when i first played the last level i kept getting hit, stuck in traffic, so it really killed the mood. It wasnt so much a race for me, but a traffic jam.

I finished Torpedo, for whatever reason when i hit stuff like fences, cars, anything it wouldnt give me any points towards it. The description even says about cars smashing. It wasnt until i did a torpedo and hit NOTHING that it started to rack points up easy. I have no idea what the point of that is.

I have 6 challenges left.

- 30/50 hostages
- 16/50 gang members taunted
- 388/1000 feet windshield cannon distance (is there something special you have to do to get this? Maybe like play insurance fraud or something?)
- 0/15 basejumps nailed
- 7/26 survival completed
- 333/500 headshots

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Insurance Fraud is the trick for windshield cannon otherwise it's totally random when you come flying out. I Kept crashing my car near a railing off a bridge and got it in no time.

Im 9 survival challenges away from 1,000 this game, i never 1,000 a saints row game before. I almost gave up since i 100% this game and it seemed like i couldnt find a gang member to save my life to taunt. So what i did was turned on the cheat that raises your gang wanted level up. That turns off achievements and auto save, but then after killing a few of those guys i loaded back up my old save and i found gang members instantly, instead of seeing only saints roaming around. So i was able to taunt, run, lower gang wanted level, repeat.

Wow looking at the saints row stats on their website, it says i ran over 1,187 people, and the community average is 4,746. LOL. I dont know what to think of that stat.

More screens. :D

Glitch
126189308844681814.jpg

WTFBBQ
126189308844716062.jpg

Guy drove into house, went through windshield, and got his head stuck in the wall LOL
126189308844682131.jpg

KA BOOM!
126189308844716353.jpg

I started playing the game Tues night. I dove head first into the side-stuff mostly but I just did the mission where you leave the S&M club. I thought the "getaway" scene was genius, but oh was I surprised when
Shooting the cart made the cart explode into a big ball of fire.

I lol'd big time on that one.

the game is pretty amazing and im addicted to it. ive done 31 missions, almost all the side activities but snatch, 30 assassinations, 10 chop shops. im just having so much fun. i like this game way better than saints 2. im very tempted to jump on the season pass but i might wait for the first dlc to drop to see if its more than some skins and stuff. the genki reality climax show stuff is on another level of awesome and i wish there was actually a genki reality show. i made some of my gang members wear genki heads.

[quote name='sublime90']the game is pretty amazing and im addicted to it. ive done 31 missions, almost all the side activities but snatch, 30 assassinations, 10 chop shops. im just having so much fun. i like this game way better than saints 2. im very tempted to jump on the season pass but i might wait for the first dlc to drop to see if its more than some skins and stuff. the genki reality climax show stuff is on another level of awesome and i wish there was actually a genki reality show. i made some of my gang members wear genki heads.[/QUOTE]

here are details of what you get in the season pass.

Introducing the Saints Row Season Pass, your discount ticket to Saints Row: The Third DLC

Strapped for cash? Strap it on with the Saints Row Season Pass in order to save money on three future Saints Row: The Third DLC Mission Packs and the Nyte Blayde DLC pack. The Season Pass is a special program to ensure you get the three upcoming mission packs and the Nyte Blayde pack for a single, one-time recommended cost of $19.99, for a total anticipated savings of more than 15 percent if you purchased each DLC pack separately.

Your three mission packs include:

• Genkibowl VII (Scheduled to be available January 2012) - The Wide World of Genki takes over Steelport for a sporting tradition totally and utterly unlike any other.

• Gangstas in Space (Scheduled to be available Winter 2012) - The Saints go intergalactic in this science-fiction misadventure.

• The Trouble With Clones (Scheduled to be available Spring 2012) - Copy-cat killing at its finest.

The bonus Nyte Blayde DLC Pack includes:

• The Nyte Blayde Mobile - Travel Steelport in style with Nyte Blayde’s blood-red, vampire-hunting sports car.

• Altar Boy Outfit - Innocence may be lost, but at least you still have the outfit.

• Bloody Canoness Outfit - Join the Order, slay your mortal enemies, show some leg.

• Bloody Canoness Bike - Vampires can fly, but so will you in this two-wheeled turbo-charged motorcycle of salvation.

Can someone give me a spoiler-free answer to this: when do you get the missile strikes, Apocafist, and VTOL jets? I've been taking my sweet time progressing through the campaign, focusing more on side stuff than stroy missions, and I'm somewhere in Act 2.
STAG has just recently arrived.
Do you get those things during certain story missions, or do they become available to purchase at a certain level, or what? Thanks.

[quote name='Danimal']Can someone give me a spoiler-free answer to this: when do you get the missile strikes, Apocafist, and VTOL jets? I've been taking my sweet time progressing through the campaign, focusing more on side stuff than stroy missions, and I'm somewhere in Act 2.
STAG has just recently arrived.
Do you get those things during certain story missions, or do they become available to purchase at a certain level, or what? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You will get VTOLs very soon. The airstrikes are about 2/3 of the way though. The Apocofists are given depending on your decision made near the end of the game.

I finished the game up last night, 100% complete, all achievements. Kind of want to do more but there isnt much aside from stunt jumps and barnstorming. But those two things are like a hidden game, and they dont mark or show you where they are. Its kind of annoying.

Ill probably end up selling this game next week on ebay because i dont really have a reason to keep it. Maybe if the DLC coming out with the season pass was worth it, but i really dont know if it will be. The 40 weeks of DLC will probably be nickle and dime weapons/cars/cloths that id have fun with for 5 minutes.

I tried to play whorde mode, got to wave 11 before i quit. Its just boring, maybe its more fun with a co op partner?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I finished the game up last night, 100% complete, all achievements. Kind of want to do more but there isnt much aside from stunt jumps and barnstorming. But those two things are like a hidden game, and they dont mark or show you where they are. Its kind of annoying.

Ill probably end up selling this game next week on ebay because i dont really have a reason to keep it. Maybe if the DLC coming out with the season pass was worth it, but i really dont know if it will be. The 40 weeks of DLC will probably be nickle and dime weapons/cars/cloths that id have fun with for 5 minutes.

I tried to play whorde mode, got to wave 11 before i quit. Its just boring, maybe its more fun with a co op partner?[/QUOTE]

I just traded mine to someone on Craigslist for Skyrim.

As far as Whored mode, I played through it all in about 30 minutes. Wasn't the least bit challenging.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I finished the game up last night, 100% complete, all achievements. Kind of want to do more but there isnt much aside from stunt jumps and barnstorming. But those two things are like a hidden game, and they dont mark or show you where they are. Its kind of annoying.

I tried to play whorde mode, got to wave 11 before i quit. Its just boring, maybe its more fun with a co op partner?[/QUOTE]

It's just boring, but at least you can share it with another person. I don't get why they didn't just include it as an activity so you could at least gain respect.

Im replaying it as a female, and so i can do every decision the opposite. Im having fun so far replaying the game. Its kind of weird playing as a female, you know they designed the story as if the main character was a guy. Kind of looks odd when my lady gangsta walks lol. But the dialog is pretty much the same from what i hear, you would think they would make the female voices say the same things, but in a different way. oh well.

[quote name='sp00ge']I just traded mine to someone on Craigslist for Skyrim.
.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you got a hell of a deal.

Btw, about playing as a female:

The Murderbrawl segment keeps calling you a he and refers you to as a male... even when playing as a female. Nice job, Volition!

[quote name='animalspinners']Damn, you got a hell of a deal.

Btw, about playing as a female:

The Murderbrawl segment keeps calling you a he and refers you to as a male... even when playing as a female. Nice job, Volition!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was just playing the mission where
i go to the plastic surgery place and turn into that head officer of the STAG. Then Viola says i should keep that look, and how its a distinguishing look... yeah not for a woman though! LOL

Im still having a hard time deciding if i should keep this or not. I havent used the online pass. I kind of want to get the season pass, and wait for those DLC missions. But the problem is i feel like id be putting money into a half empty game. If this was Saints Row 2, then i think it would be worth it, but SR3 is missing some content from customizing, side games, the city seems meh, and other stuff that SR2 did better. But i still think its a fun game, i just dont know if i can justify putting in another 20 dollars or more into a game that feels less than the full product. Who knows, they are supposed to have 40 weeks of DLC, maybe half of those DLC packs will be stuff like adding better tattoos, clothes, side games. I dont know.

PS. beat the story the 2nd time, and it was fun still, well except having to do those "activity" missions they force you to do.

Their are 9 DLC packs already on the PC disk (probably the same for the consoles) so some creative people figured out how to make them active but I was still disappointed in the clothing selection that got added. Unless you really want to run around dressed as Zeimos or a Knight in a full suit of armor. I think the Dekker outfits are the best in the game and it is a shame there is not a Dekker store to get more of them because did we really need a Planet Saints store every other block.

[quote name='Owen']Their are 9 DLC packs already on the PC disk (probably the same for the consoles) so some creative people figured out how to make them active but I was still disappointed in the clothing selection that got added. Unless you really want to run around dressed as Zeimos or a Knight in a full suit of armor. I think the Dekker outfits are the best in the game and it is a shame there is not a Dekker store to get more of them because did we really need a Planet Saints store every other block.[/QUOTE]

Mind sharing what 9 DLC packs there are?

Also i think you unlock a dekker suit during one of the assassinations, where you have to kill a saint row member.

They are the Vampire pack, Explosives Combat pack, Funtime pack, Invincible pack, Money Shot pack, Nyte Blayde pack, Shark Attack pack, Warrior pack, and Z Style pack. 7 of these give new clothing but it is like the Funtime Genki pack with only 1 outfit. The Warrior pack is probably something for Let's Pretend since it is 4 costumes like a suit of armor and a shogun warrior. None of this DLC is really worth really buying though so hopefully a lot of it ends up being free.

I didn't post about the Dekker thing since that is kind of a spoiler.

I didnt search so if it's been answered I apologize, but has anyone had a problem redeeming their Money Shot DLC code on the Prima site?

Man i used my online pass, trying to find a good person to join is a little trouble. Either they are using cheats, standing still, or just blowing up everything. I just want to play some missions. Especially the ones where you choose because i heard if you choose the other way in someone elses game you might be able to keep both on the same save. Personally i would love to get all of the things i didnt decide the first time on my 100% save.

[quote name='Owen'] None of this DLC is really worth really buying though so hopefully a lot of it ends up being free.
.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it.

THQ took all this stuff out for a reason and it wasn't to put it back in the game as free content.

And 7th Number, I'd wait on the Season Pass... IIRC, the Saints Row 2 DLC was really not that great, and I don't see Volition making DLC that outshines their main game. The descriptions on the DLC really don't make it sound that great either, like they are planning to reuse a lot of content.

Yeah im at the point where i drive around and im just bored and nothing to do. Also the new DLC missions wont be that much fun since i upgraded my character to take no damage from bullets, falls, explosions, fire, etc. So i would just walk through the missions, since there is no way to downgrade my character.

[quote name='animalspinners']Don't count on it.

THQ took all this stuff out for a reason and it wasn't to put it back in the game as free content.

And 7th Number, I'd wait on the Season Pass... IIRC, the Saints Row 2 DLC was really not that great, and I don't seen Volition making DLC that outshines their main game. The descriptions on the DLC really don't make it sound that great either, like they are planning to reuse a lot of content.[/QUOTE]

I got the Season Pass with the game from pre-ordering from THQ directly, and I agree that the DLC sounds underwhelming. Gangstas in Space especially seems odd
are they just going to reuse the assests from the last mission? I don't understand why they'd do a second Gangstas in Space when the one in the game is so underwhelming
. What amazes me is that even with the Season Pass and pre-order codes there is still day one DLC that costs money, that at 316kb is obviously on the disk. I'm sure that's THQ's decision, but that's bullshit for anyone buying the $20 Season Pass on top of the $60 for the game to have content locked out.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions for the Heli Assault activity? One of the hard level ones is the last activity I have left; that one stupid thing is holding up 3 achievements for me. I've tried it over and over, but I completely suck at this activity. I even switched the difficulty to casual, and I'm still lucky if I can even get to the 4th of the 6 stops Kinzie makes.

[quote name='Danimal']Anyone have any tips or suggestions for the Heli Assault activity? One of the hard level ones is the last activity I have left; that one stupid thing is holding up 3 achievements for me. I've tried it over and over, but I completely suck at this activity. I even switched the difficulty to casual, and I'm still lucky if I can even get to the 4th of the 6 stops Kinzie makes.[/QUOTE]

Use the gun more than the rockets? Or maybe co op with a friend, then there are 2 helis instead of just 1.

[quote name='Danimal']Anyone have any tips or suggestions for the Heli Assault activity? One of the hard level ones is the last activity I have left; that one stupid thing is holding up 3 achievements for me. I've tried it over and over, but I completely suck at this activity. I even switched the difficulty to casual, and I'm still lucky if I can even get to the 4th of the 6 stops Kinzie makes.[/QUOTE]
Or just dumb it down to easy. It doesn't effect achievements.

I was having the hardest time with Heli Assault then I found out that the guns were usually more effective than the Rockets and you didnt have to worry about splash damage. After I stopped using the Rockets, the Heli Assault missions were a breeze.

Came very close to finishing it today- the car was at it's last stop with half it's health, and I thought I was home free. Suddenly a Decker car pops in right at the gate, turns in and blasts the car with 2 rockets before I can even line up a shot at it, boom- mission failed.

I've been using just the guns. I think I may have understated just how bad I am at this activity. If I can't finish it off in the next day or two, I'll see if I can get my brother to co-op it with me. Thanks for the tips, guys. Much appreciated.
EDIT: Finally knocked that activity off. Now I just need to do a couple of the car hijackings and about 10 more survival challenges and I'll have my 1000/1000.

Anyone have an online pass for this game they wont use? Trying to let my brother borrow mine to play with a mutual friend, but not paying an extra $10 or $15 (not sure on how much it cost) for him to do it though. Message me if you have one and name a price if you would like, would also be willing to help you get any achievements in the game that you need for it if you have an extra one for him. Already got my 1,000/1,000 in the game within like a week and a half of it coming out and wouldn't mind playing it again.

Never played this series before, 20 bucks for SR1 and SR2 at GameStop and SR3 on sale at Best Buy for 40, Is it worth the 60 bucks investment to try this series out?

Thanks for The Feedback!

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Never played this series before, 20 bucks for SR1 and SR2 at GameStop and SR3 on sale at Best Buy for 40, Is it worth the 60 bucks investment to try this series out?

Thanks for The Feedback![/QUOTE]

SR 1 and 2 were a lot of fun IMO, 2 being the best with the addition of co-op. SR3 seemed really cheesy and no where nearly as much fun as 2 was. SR3 has its moments, but they went too far away from the "hood gangster" play and went to more of a "corporate gangster" as well as changing the activities from something fun to something annoying and boring to me at least. Once I got all my achievements I haven't even put it back in and have no intentions on getting any DLC for it like I did for SR2.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']SR 1 and 2 were a lot of fun IMO, 2 being the best with the addition of co-op. SR3 seemed really cheesy and no where nearly as much fun as 2 was. SR3 has its moments, but they went too far away from the "hood gangster" play and went to more of a "corporate gangster" as well as changing the activities from something fun to something annoying and boring to me at least. Once I got all my achievements I haven't even put it back in and have no intentions on getting any DLC for it like I did for SR2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks For The Help!..Seems like the 1 and 2 Combo Would be Worth it But 3 may be a waste?...Trying to get some games to increase my backlog to keep me busy

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Thanks For The Help!..Seems like the 1 and 2 Combo Would be Worth it But 3 may be a waste?...Trying to get some games to increase my backlog to keep me busy[/QUOTE]

SR3 wasn't a waste to me, I just didn't get the same enjoyment as I did from the first 2. I had to have played SR2's co-op campaign at least 4 full times before I was finally a little bored of it. SR3 just felt a little half assed to me considering they had 2 years to develop it and didn't include actual multiplayer (only co-op) this time so I was expecting a lot better. A lot of the features that made SR2 so re-playable to me were removed and that was a major disappointment as well as some really corny stuff added in.

I finished the campaign last night. I've got to say I was a little disappointed. I listen to the Giant Bomb podcast. They have been talking up SR3 like it is one of the greatest games of all time. They even debated naming it the game of the year. They were talking about how SR2 was awful and SR3 is so much better.

Now, I had fun with SR3, but I don't see where they are coming from. I felt like I was just playing another Saints Row game. I can't understand how they could love this game and hate the second one. They went on how so many crazy things happen in SR3, but nothing really seemed all that crazy to me.

Wishing I hadn't heard Giant Bomb talk about this game. I feel like they lifted my expectations so high. The game was great, but not as great as they proclaimed.

Jacking a VTOL from the STAG
was probably one of my favorite moments in the game also totally did not expect
zombies lol

Beat Saint's Row 3 this week. Played through the second one in the fall (for the first time) cause I liked where this one was going, but I definitely liked SR2 better.

For starters, the gangs in SR2 felt like much larger/more important entities. Whenever you attacked a gang, it felt like you were attacking a gang. You went after their business interests, killed their distribution, stole whatever you could, assaulted strongholds, took out key members of their organization, and so on. In SR3, the only character associated with a gang was its head, and even then
Morningstar was left without a leader for much of the game, what with the Belgian dying and Viola defecting
. Attacking business interests were delegated to rinse-and-repeat activities, and the only lieutenants/enforcers you really faced were through assassinations.

The territorial takeover stuff was a step back too. Taking territory through missions really made it feel like you were taking over turf. It also meant it was impossible to wipe out a gang from the map without taking out the leader. SR3's style of business/property purchases just felt weak by comparison.

Didn't see a thread for this game in the :ps3: forum so sorry for the intrusion but I couldn't get my :ps3:Saints Row 3 Online Pass to work. So i'm not sure if they expired or not but mine comes up invalid. Any info on this problem. Its it a problem for :360: owners as well?

Edit - Actually all 4 of my SR3 Online Passes won't work.

Anyone turn the difficulty down? I find that it's taking too many bullets to kill guys right out of the gate and I don't like dying from random car crashes/explosions. 2 shotgun blasts to kill a chick sometimes. No damage upgrades available yet.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone turn the difficulty down? I find that it's taking too many bullets to kill guys right out of the gate and I don't like dying from random car crashes/explosions. 2 shotgun blasts to kill a chick sometimes. No damage upgrades available yet.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me for awhile so I just started taking out morningstar as i saw them and got xp and cash for killing gang members. Also, taking cover and regenerating is a godsend.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Didn't see a thread for this game in the :ps3: forum so sorry for the intrusion but I couldn't get my :ps3:Saints Row 3 Online Pass to work. So i'm not sure if they expired or not but mine comes up invalid. Any info on this problem. Its it a problem for :360: owners as well?

Edit - Actually all 4 of my SR3 Online Passes won't work.[/QUOTE]

I have no issues with my pass. I registered on Wednesday night.

bread's done
Back