Saint's Row: The Third- Strap it On 11/15/11

Waiting for this game in the mail. Rented it the other day and liked it quite a bit, much better offering than saints row 2, which was a steamy pile of shit.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']For sure. Definitely sided with Brad on Skyrim being on a whole different level.[/QUOTE]

Thinking Skyrim was better is one thing, but agreeing with Brad's fucking retarded talking points about why it's better...ouch. I don't think I've ever actually talked back to a podcast before, but there's a first time for everything.

This game is awesome and hilarious. What makes a better game than violence and humor? Although it gets boring from time to time, overall it is a lot of fun to play when you're bored and trying to kill time.
On another note, the new driving style is great, kind of similar to that of GTA. Some other people i know werent sure about the Saints Row games but thought this one was great.

Downloaded the cheapy DLC the other day, tried to call him so I could see but he was "busy". So I drove into the city and started shooting some cops. Called him and he was on his way. I waited and the purple marker appeared on the map driving towards me.

This purple sports car came speeding around the car to back me up. Although he crashed straight into a tree, got out rolled on the ground immediately then got shot in the head so had a massive blood patch. It was so funny. After that we just tore shit up for a while.

is the season pass worth it? i thought i read somewhere that they were going to stop selling it 4-12. so i was considering getting it before then but wanted to get some opinions on it.

Discovered this game late but I freaking love it. One of the best experiences I've had this gen.

Now that the GOTY version is coming out, I'm planning to pick it up and give my vanilla copy to my brother so we can play co-op.

How does the co-op work? Can I bring my fully leveled character into his game, and will all of my weapons, etc. be unlocked?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Discovered this game late but I freaking love it. One of the best experiences I've had this gen.

Now that the GOTY version is coming out, I'm planning to pick it up and give my vanilla copy to my brother so we can play co-op.

How does the co-op work? Can I bring my fully leveled character into his game, and will all of my weapons, etc. be unlocked?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

A part of me is hoping that it's like Arkham Asylum GOTY where it has it's own achievements that don't stack with the vanilla game just so I have another reason to replay it and purchase this.

im finally getting around to playing the DLC packs and Gangstas in space was actually pretty good and funny. trouble with clones comin up next.

My brother and I have been waiting to get this game cheap but now with the GOTY coming out we'll wait for that one.

late to the party, but...it's a blast!

[img-l=8486]28929[/img-l]
Project Alice and Cheapy D!

[img-l=8486]28930[/img-l]
Project Alice and Cheapy D on first mission!

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Best Buy has the Full Package Edition as it's online Deal of the Day for $24.99 today. You can do in-store pickup if your local location has it.

I found the Full Edition of this used for $13. It's hard to pin down, but from what I've seen in this thread and on the interwebs it sounds like the DLC is on disc. Are there any extra or other DLC codes or would I get everything with a used copy? Thanks! This game looks awesome!

Like was said in the other thread, only code in there is the online pass for the online co-op. There's a pack or two of costumes that don't show up with this version but you get 99% of everything.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I found the Full Edition of this used for $13. It's hard to pin down, but from what I've seen in this thread and on the interwebs it sounds like the DLC is on disc. Are there any extra or other DLC codes or would I get everything with a used copy? Thanks! This game looks awesome![/QUOTE]
Who had it for $13 or did you have some gift cards and stuff to burn?

[quote name='dennisb407']Who had it for $13 or did you have some gift cards and stuff to burn?[/QUOTE]
It's 13 for a used copy at Fry's in Atlanta. Considering it's used I doubt the online pass is still good. I'm guessing used games are YMMV from store to store, but this store had a ton of them for 360.

Looks exactly like Saints Row the Third right down to the animations...

Then again I shouldn't be surprised considering it went into development almost immediately after the last game and this will be the last one for this console generation. In short, day one since the Third was so damn good.

[quote name='bardockkun']Looks exactly like Saints Row the Third right down to the animations...

Then again I shouldn't be surprised considering it went into development almost immediately after the last game and this will be the last one for this console generation. In short, day one since the Third was so damn good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking it looked more like an expansion than a true sequel. But I'll pick it up too, since as you said, The Third was awesome (albeit short and stripped down activity-wise vs 2).

the new publisher of this game paid tons of money for this game im thinking they are pushing it out the door this fast. I don't know if they are doing it to try to beat gta but that will never happen. I hope this is a good choice with gta 5 out 3 weeks later this could very well not sell well and kill this great franchise. This is a dumb move.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, I was thinking it looked more like an expansion than a true sequel. But I'll pick it up too, since as you said, The Third was awesome (albeit short and stripped down activity-wise vs 2).[/QUOTE]

It was indeed originally planned as an SR3 expansion called "Enter the Dominatrix," before being rolled into development of the sequel.

But then again Enter the Dominatrix is still technically coming out, though now as DLC for SR4 as "Director's Cut of Enter the Dominatrix" according to joystiq.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']the new publisher of this game paid tons of money for this game im thinking they are pushing it out the door this fast. I don't know if they are doing it to try to beat gta but that will never happen. I hope this is a good choice with gta 5 out 3 weeks later this could very well not sell well and kill this great franchise. This is a dumb move.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

There is NO WAY this is going to effect GTA V, and is likely a suicide move to kill the franchise. Not cool.

I'll probably still pick up SR4 if I have some RZ certs ready to use on it, but GTA V is the only game I plan to purchase this year for Xbox 360 (pending anything that blows me away at E3, but that's highly unlikely).

bread's done
Back