Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mobcrew']Ok so I enter the code on the PSN store and it has a 6 KB file that says "Full Game Unlock". I download it and it takes three seconds to download and then nothing. Am I missing something? First time I have ever downloaded a full game from PSN.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you have to download the demo, and that full game unlock will unlock it for you.

[quote name='JDUB X']If the PSN version is $10 and the XBL version turns out to really be $15 with no added features then I will sure as hell get the PSN version. I guess we will find out in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

xbl version might have online co-op

[quote name='mobcrew']Ok so I enter the code on the PSN store and it has a 6 KB file that says "Full Game Unlock". I download it and it takes three seconds to download and then nothing. Am I missing something? First time I have ever downloaded a full game from PSN.[/QUOTE]

You have to also download the 176 MB demo. Do that first. The 6KB file is just an unlock for the demo to make it the full game.

I can confirm also that it works on more than one acct. It's a lot of fun, sorry it took so long for me to update, had to get through that first level :)

[quote name='dgwillia006']On a side note, that adult swim animation has been announced for like a week now, i saw a preview on Adult Swim at like 3AM on Friday i think[/QUOTE]

Did they say what time it was going to be on? A four minute short is probably not going to show up on my DVR's programming guide.

Nah i did not *Share* i got it legit, But the first 3x i tried to start it right after it download finished (within 10 mins of it coming out) i could just get to the title screen then it would lock up... seems fine now.

[quote name='lo6ick']anyone wanna share this game with me. i'll share a little big planet pirates pack. includes costumes and level kit[/QUOTE]

There's a thread for that in the Sony > PS3 section of the forums.

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']Did they say what time it was going to be on? A four minute short is probably not going to show up on my DVR's programming guide.[/QUOTE]
It's actually going to be an ongoing thing that night between commercials from what I hear.

Downloading mine as I type this. Can anyone tell me what this AdultSwim thing is all about? Is it for the movie, or the game? And when is it airing?

Edit: also, what's with people trying to cancel and get the 360 version instead, and people wanting to buy both this and 360 version? Neither version has any extras, and it doesn't have online co-op, so it's not like you can play with your xbl buddies or something, so why buy it twice?

[quote name='e-PReDATOR']Can anyone get their Sex Bob-omb shirt code to work?[/QUOTE]

The shirt code isn't online yet. If I remember correctly it goes active the 13th or the 14th.

[quote name='gomikeoh']This game is not that good. I am dissapointed in wasting 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

What don't you like ? Not much detail as to what you don't like for others there :p For me its exactly what i expected. Reminds me of all the street brawlers from the old days :p

Alright I really hate this game

-controls feel terrible
-super sluggish
-AI is annoying even on easy
-slow loading on the world map like lagging
-gameplay, i thought it'd be as fun as streets of rage but no it sucks

Only thing I liked was the style, I wanna know why everyone likes it. I was super excited for this game but now I feel I wasted 10 bucks

Game is pretty enjoyable. Some stages carry weird box glitches (boxes w/ the letter X and so forth). Definite pickup if you have another (or even 3) people to play with. No regrets at $8.99. Especially once I get rid of the other one for 900 points via Goozex (1 already traded at that point price).

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Game is pretty enjoyable. Some stages carry weird box glitches (boxes w/ the letter X and so forth). Definite pickup if you have another (or even 3) people to play with. No regrets at $8.99. Especially once I get rid of the other one for 900 points via Goozex (1 already traded at that point price).[/QUOTE]

Those glitches are intentional.... :)

[quote name='gomikeoh']This game is not that good. I am dissapointed in wasting 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lukami']
I was super excited for this game but now I feel I wasted 10 bucks.
[/QUOTE]

The word you're looking for is "hype".

[quote name='Rollett']What don't you like ? Not much detail as to what you don't like for others there :p For me its exactly what i expected. Reminds me of all the street brawlers from the old days :p[/QUOTE]
Naw, i love the art style and the direction. It is clear as day they were aiming for the River City Ransom route...

But when you get down to it, that style of gameplay is extremely dated for todays gaming.

Button mashing may have been fun in the 80s/90s, but games have evolved since then.

If you like RCR gameplay today, then this games for you.

OK, so I just finished the first level and I'm only slightly disappointed. It kind of reminds of Deathspank in a way, in the sense that, it's really just an average/mediocre game but it gets bolstered a little because of the humor/nostalgia.

I also agree with others who posted that the AI is annoying because the enemies just rush you right away, beat you down, and when you get up and fight back, they just stand there and take it.

It might sound like I'm nitpicking and that may be because I was a little TOO hyped for this game and therefore, inevitably let down.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Naw, i love the art style and the direction. It is clear as day they were aiming for the River City Ransom route...

But when you get down to it, that style of gameplay is extremely dated for todays gaming.

Button mashing may have been fun in the 80s/90s, but games have evolved since then.

If you like RCR gameplay today, then this games for you.[/QUOTE]

That's the whole point, guy.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Game is pretty enjoyable. Some stages carry weird box glitches (boxes w/ the letter X and so forth). Definite pickup if you have another (or even 3) people to play with. No regrets at $8.99. Especially once I get rid of the other one for 900 points via Goozex (1 already traded at that point price).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rollett']Those glitches are intentional.... :)[/QUOTE]

Really? That is too funny! Then they definitely brought me back to when I was a youngster.

[quote name='SDC']That's the whole point, guy.[/QUOTE]
Yea, so if you enjoy clunky button mashing today, this game is for you.

I love this game with all my soul. The difficulty was a main worry for me, but i managed to die twice in the first world alone, so i doubt thats much of a worry (And that was on easy).

The only thing i cant get out of my head is the lack of Online. (And all my friends that i see playing this game on my List).

Though....i wonder who the 2 unlockable characters are.....

Also, Kim+Knives support=Lol

[quote name='gomikeoh']Yea, so if you enjoy clunky button mashing today, this game is for you.[/QUOTE]

I realize you mean that to be insulting, but if you are just mashing buttons you are doing it wrong. No wonder you wouldn't have fun.

its sluggish to me. controls sometimes not responsive. sometimes i dont hear the music when im on the world map. after i get to a stage it takes a min to hear the music. i will say $5 at best.

Downloaded the trial and I didn't care for it that much. Played on medium and the enemies just take too many hits to kill. I'd rather have more enemies thrown at me that die in a few hits than a couple that take a bunch. Also the level is long and if you lose your 3 lives, it's back to the beginning again. Yeah, that's "old school" but I hate having to redo things in games. At least you get to keep any levels you've gained but I didn't even bother continuing a 3rd time.

[quote name='Killbomb']Downloaded the trial and I didn't care for it that much. Played on medium and the enemies just take too many hits to kill. I'd rather have more enemies thrown at me that die in a few hits than a couple that take a bunch. Also the level is long and if you lose your 3 lives, it's back to the beginning again. Yeah, that's "old school" but I hate having to redo things in games. At least you get to keep any levels you've gained but I didn't even bother continuing a 3rd time.[/QUOTE]

Thats the point of leveling up

I think they have the audio lag and what not in there on purpose too, though I think that was taking the nostalgia a bit too far as that's mostly only gonna come off as annoying. It's not a big deal to me and has been minute so far anyway. Enjoying the game, can't believe some of you feel let down by some of the reasons listed, game came as advertised IMO.

Pilgrim fans will obviously enjoy this game because they will appreciate the nuances a bit more.

Those that have no idea who Scott Pilgrim is won't catch on to the fan service this game gives.

The game does feel a bit sluggish like some people have said. But it's fun to play with other people. I played the first 2 levels with my little brother and sister and it was great. Idk if I would have had as much fun playing by myself though.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']like i said before this game is worth $5. dgwillia006 is way over protective of this game for some reason.[/QUOTE]

How exactly am i being overprotective? Your practically just trolling, damn near everyone in this topic in the past few pages that claimed they hated it had idiotic reasons.

[quote name='dgwillia006']How exactly am i being overprotective? Your practically just trolling, damn near everyone in this topic in the past few pages that claimed they hated it had idiotic reasons.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't know to be honest. I've been reading through this thread to get initial reactions.

I don't think they are hating it for idiotic reasons. I think perhaps they don't understand the "funny" here because it seems that fans of the series catch on. Naturally they should because they know what they are getting.

Compared to the impulse buyers, they might not know much about the series, therefore they don't know what to expect.

This is one where you should definitely play the demo to gauge how much you think this title is worth.

bread's done
Back