Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

The 40% prive drop on the clearance games looks to be YMMV. I went to 1 store yesterday and got the 40% and another today and they wer the old prices. I am going to try and go back to the first store and price match the stuff I bought today.

The reason why prices are different is because some stores take longer than other stores to have the markdowns in the system. Remember when it was posted that Mario Party 6 was $11.97 and then almost everyone but 2 people posted that it was $24.97 at their store about a month ago? It was the same thing, a few stores had the markdowns in the system but most stores still had the old prices.

I tried to check for new prices but a lot of game UPC's were coming up as out of the system. I scanned an Advance Wars DS UPC to see what the price would be since if it was $7.97, I knew the store had the new prices but it wasn't in the system (they didn't have the game either) so I don't know if the prices for the games that did scan are the old prices or they didn't drop in price but Trace Memory's UPC was scanning for $14.97 and Hamtaro Ham Ham Games for GBA was also scanning for $14.97.

The new prices will be at all stores eventually. I remember when SSX On Tour for PSP was reported to be $6.97 and still was $14.97 at a Sears I went to. Then I went back 2 days later and it was scanning for $6.97

[quote name='chunga']Can you update the OP Zenithian Legend? I think all of us would appreciate that.[/quote]

I've really been meaning to, but work and my girlfriend have kept me so busy that I've yet to get a chance, I'll attempt to muster up the energy to update a bit tonight. Although, I'd imagine that the whole list may need to be revamped soon as the next wave of price drops hits.

[quote name='CGH']Can someone else confirm Advance Wars DS for $7.47?[/quote]

I got the last copy at my local Sears today for $7.47. Also bought Trace Memory for $9.99 for a gift, as well as Warioware Twisted for $7.47. Sweet deals.

Bought the only copy of MP Pinball my Sears had...I scoured the videgame section for an Advance Wars as that's the one I reallt wanted, but nothing. I would gladly pay $15 for one shipped if someone comes across an extra for $7-8.

adding:

medal of honor: european assault (xbox) $4.97
rainbow six 3 (xbox, ps2) $4.97

batallion wars (gc) still rang up for $24.97

Updated! In the future if you could all post new finds or price adjustments something like this:

[quote name='briansraregames']Found two more not in the OP:

XBOX
Prince of Persia Sands of Time - $4.97

PS2
Namco Museum - $4.97[/quote]

It would make me a very happy horsey.

I'm going to include the stock number and the price I got the game for (not sure if that would make a diff or not)

Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls $5 #93411
WarioWare: Twisted $10 #93443
Meteos $7 #93557
Death Jr. $10 #98213
Jade Empire $10 #97429

QUESTION! is the sale purely YMMV? i went to a Sears and they had alotta stuff in the game case that was stickered the original retail prices.... but if i scan them will they show up as the clearanced price? or the sticker price? i might have to raid that Sears if they show up at the clearanced price.....

tried asking for price check on some, nothing changed on my side. sorry guys.

will update as soon as i see any price changes.

These are not in the OP:

Ghost Recon Island Thunder (Xbox) - $4.97
Batman Begins (Xbox) - $4.97
Fight 2004 (Xbox) - $4.97
Samurai Warriors (PS2) - marked at $14.97, but didn't scan.

[quote name='anarchyburger']QUESTION! is the sale purely YMMV? i went to a Sears and they had alotta stuff in the game case that was stickered the original retail prices.... but if i scan them will they show up as the clearanced price? or the sticker price? i might have to raid that Sears if they show up at the clearanced price.....[/QUOTE]
If that store is anything like my local Sears, lots of things will be incorrectly marked. Just ask for a price check on the things you are interested in.

[quote name='addicted2games']Sorry you went out for nothing. I was surprised when I brought the game up to the cashier and it rang up $7.97. I was going to buy it at the $17.47 price. I guess this is YMMV on some games, but up until now I thought all the game prices rang up the same at every Sears. At least it seemed like it.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize I believe you. Yoshifan1 is correct I have a feeling all Sears stores will have the price drops sooner or later most likely part of a Labor Day sale. My Sears does not have the price drops yet. I missed out on Advance Wars DS during the CC July 4th sale I would like to pick up a extra copy or two at $7.97 or better yet $7.47 but if not I still have the copy I bought 12 days ago I just hope my Sears gets the price drop in their system before the 30 days are up so I can get the darn thing price adjusted.:)

We have price drops here!

Metroid prime pinball - 9.97
Metroid prime 2 echoes - 7.97!!!
pikmin 2 - 7.97 (assuming this was 7.97 none left at my sears).

I have an extra copy of metroid prime pinball, factory sealed, i would like advance wars for it if anyone picked up an extra advance wars, i would prefer to trade this for another game rather than sell it, so if you have a game to offer (gba, gcn or ds only) feel free to send me a pm i will look at all offers.

I would like either advance wars ds, mario kart gamecube or, kirby air ride gamecube, i will also except slightly used copies in good condition, players choice or not doesnt matter.

Yes the games are incorrectly marked so make sure you print those barcodes and use them at the scanners or ask for price checks.

[quote name='anarchyburger']QUESTION! is the sale purely YMMV? i went to a Sears and they had alotta stuff in the game case that was stickered the original retail prices.... but if i scan them will they show up as the clearanced price? or the sticker price? i might have to raid that Sears if they show up at the clearanced price.....[/quote]

If they are games that we have talked about in this thread, then they will most likeley come up as the price we listed here. For example a boxed Zelda 4 Swords with link cable may still be stickered at your store for 49.99. However, if you bring it up to the register it will scan as 9.97 (This game has been confirmed multiple times.) If you are looking at some games at your Sears that have not been disscussed in this thread then they will ring up as the stickered price. This sale is not YMMV. Hope this clears up any of your confusion.

[quote name='Freshwillis']Does Sears do price adjustments?[/QUOTE]

yep - this is from a few pages back:

"Price Protection Policy

The Price Protection Policy allows customers to receive a price adjustment if the product goes on sale up to 30 days later. To claim your Price Protection Policy adjustment, please go to the original Sears store with your receipt. For Sears.com orders, please call us at (800)349-4358."

[quote name='djak1']yep - this is from a few pages back:

"Price Protection Policy

The Price Protection Policy allows customers to receive a price adjustment if the product goes on sale up to 30 days later. To claim your Price Protection Policy adjustment, please go to the original Sears store with your receipt. For Sears.com orders, please call us at (800)349-4358."[/QUOTE]

I printed that out and put it in my wallet in case the employees do not want to give me a price adjustment:) thanks. I might go again tomorrow or Saturday gawd I hope they still have Advance Wars DS and WarioWare Twisted and for $7.47.

[quote name='anarchyburger']QUESTION! is the sale purely YMMV? i went to a Sears and they had alotta stuff in the game case that was stickered the original retail prices.... but if i scan them will they show up as the clearanced price? or the sticker price? i might have to raid that Sears if they show up at the clearanced price.....[/quote]

Yes and no... the prices should be either the same as the stickered price, or possibly half the sticker price.

The prices in the master list are fairly accurate as of this moment, however, depending on how fast (or slow) your Sears is at updating the actual instore prices may be half or unfortunately double the CAG listed price.

The major YMMV aspect of this deal is whether or not your Sears sells video games. I've been to a few at various malls throughout Indiana and found that many of them simply do not sell video games, I do not know why.

Well, after looking for a day and a half (no, not the whole time, but it seemed like it) I finally found my receipt. My wife had "helpfully" put it in a drawer and then forgot she did it. Anyway, I'm probably going to go get some prices adjusted tomorrow, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it. Can they check/adjust the prices if they are sold out of an item? Can I just have them go down the receipt and check if the prices have changed, or should I just point out the 3 or so that I'm pretty sure have gone down?

Finally, has anyone else done this already?

[quote name='icruise']Finally, has anyone else done this already?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was waiting to see how other people made out with their price adjustment attempts. I have a feeling they may resist because they're clearance items, but.. worth a shot. I'll probably try tomorrow while I'm out.

I got extra copies of Advanced Wars, Trace Memory, and Metroid Prime Pinball (All DS) for trade. Please PM if you are interested. Check out my tradelist.

[quote name='espy605']Anyone score a deal on a GB Micro there? Hopefully the 20th Anniversary version.[/quote]

Wait these are on clearance...

On another note I grabbed a nice score tonight:

Advanced Wars DS $8
Metroid Prime Pinball $10
Zelda Four Swords $3
Donkey Konga $15

Going to be hitting up about 5 more sears tomorrow to see if I can find anything else worth picking up.

[quote name='espy605']Huh? GB Micro's were on semi-clearance at CompUSA but there are none near me that have them in stock any more. They were selling for $60.[/quote]

what the hell does that have to do with sears then....

i saw FFXI w/ HDD for $49.97 today... they are originally priced at $99 so i supposed thats a good buy if your interested in that.... yea they had like 3 or 4 of them just sitting there looking kinda lonely haha.....

I picked up
FE:SS $4.97 (last copy)
F-zero GX $1.97 (two left)

There were a couple of copies of battalion wars, custom robo and a bunch of ps2 games left, but I wasn't sure which games were on sale. I'll probably go back today just to check.

[quote name='Prepster']Wait these are on clearance...

On another note I grabbed a nice score tonight:

Advanced Wars DS $8
Metroid Prime Pinball $10
Zelda Four Swords $3
Donkey Konga $15

Going to be hitting up about 5 more sears tomorrow to see if I can find anything else worth picking up.[/quote]

Whoa, I'm confused... is ANY hardware on clerance? I saw a bunch of Special edition gamecubes (pokemon XD and Mario Party 7) as well as GB Micros, etc...didn;t have them scanned as I didn't think they were on clearance.

[quote name='anarchyburger']i saw FFXI w/ HDD for $49.97 today... they are originally priced at $99 so i supposed thats a good buy if your interested in that.... yea they had like 3 or 4 of them just sitting there looking kinda lonely haha.....[/quote]

Those are now ringing up $30 at most sears....

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Whoa, I'm confused... is ANY hardware on clerance? [/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone in this entire thread has seen hardware on clearance.

Can anyone confirm Mario Tennis is now $10... and $3 for Zelda: 4 Swords, that's just insane. I picked up a copy of the game back when it was $10 as a gift (as I got it for $20 many moons ago) and I couldn't decide if I should give it to my dad or youngest brother... now I could just get another one and give it to both of them!

[quote name='espy605']Anyone score a deal on a GB Micro there? Hopefully the 20th Anniversary version.[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's on sale, but I did see a 20th anniversary GB micro at the sears i'm close to.

There are a few gameboy micro's left at my store, they are priced at 89.99 each. I didnt actually have them scanned.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Can anyone confirm Mario Tennis is now $10... and $3 for Zelda: 4 Swords, that's just insane. I picked up a copy of the game back when it was $10 as a gift (as I got it for $20 many moons ago) and I couldn't decide if I should give it to my dad or youngest brother... now I could just get another one and give it to both of them![/quote]
Didn't see either in Livonia (or, if I recall, in Warren or Troy two weeks ago).

Hey, does anyone know when they update the monthly price drops for clearance. Do they drop the prices on the first of the month, or middle of the month, or end? Thanks, my Sears(San Diego) has some great games, and was hoping to get it at the Sept. pink stickers and prices. Thanks In advance.

Bleh, the guy wouldn't let me do a price match on the new clearance prices for the stuff last week... shoulda waited on Donkey Konga =/ Oh well, it was still only $20 with the coupon I had, so it's not all that bad.

I did find two copies of Metroid Prime Pinball at $9.97 that are up for trade. I picked up a copy of Trace Memory at $9.97 (passed that up at $14.97 but that's close enough to the CC clearance price that it was worth getting for me) for myself, and there were one or two more. They had nothing really good, other than another set of Donkey Konga with bongos and at least four LOTR Tactics for PSP. There may have been another Metroid Prime Pinball too, but I don't remember.

Not a bad score overall.. though I can't help but wonder what price Baldur's Gate II: DA is ringing up as now :p

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Can anyone confirm Mario Tennis is now $10... and $3 for Zelda: 4 Swords, that's just insane. I picked up a copy of the game back when it was $10 as a gift (as I got it for $20 many moons ago) and I couldn't decide if I should give it to my dad or youngest brother... now I could just get another one and give it to both of them![/quote]

It is scanning at $3 now at 2 different Sears I was at. So I am assuming it dropped.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Bleh, the guy wouldn't let me do a price match on the new clearance prices for the stuff last week... shoulda waited on Donkey Konga =/ Oh well, it was still only $20 with the coupon I had, so it's not all that bad.

I did find two copies of Metroid Prime Pinball at $9.97 that are up for trade. I picked up a copy of Trace Memory at $9.97 (passed that up at $14.97 but that's close enough to the CC clearance price that it was worth getting for me) for myself, and there were one or two more. They had nothing really good, other than another set of Donkey Konga with bongos and at least four LOTR Tactics for PSP. There may have been another Metroid Prime Pinball too, but I don't remember.

Not a bad score overall.. though I can't help but wonder what price Baldur's Gate II: DA is ringing up as now :p[/QUOTE]

Which Sears did you go to?

[quote name='CGH']Which Sears did you go to?[/QUOTE]

The one in the Huntington Mall.. they've got all their clearance stuff clearly marked in a bin just to the side of the regular video games section.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Bleh, the guy wouldn't let me do a price match on the new clearance prices for the stuff last week... shoulda waited on Donkey Konga =/ Oh well, it was still only $20 with the coupon I had, so it's not all that bad.
[/QUOTE]
That's too bad. I just got back from Sears and I was successful with my price adjustment. However, they said that I could only get adjustments for the stuff that they still had in the store, since they were clearance items. Here's what I got changed:

Jade Empire (Xbox): $9.97 -> $7.97
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS): $17.47 -> $10.47
Knights of the Old Republic II: $9.97 -> $4.97
Donkey Konga (with bongos): $24.97 -> $14.97

So I saved $26.94 (including tax).

Thankfully this time they had all of their clearance games out of the glass cases and properly tagged. They had a lot of other stuff marked down from the last time I was there. I got:

Donkey Konga (with bongos): $14.97 (so I can play 2 players...)
The Lord of the Rings, The Third Age (GC, but they also had PS2): $4.97
Spiderman 2 (PS2): $7.97
Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monster Coliseum (PS2): $4.97
Golden Eye: Rogue Agent (PS2): $4.97
Freedom Fighters (PS2): $4.97
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: $2.97
Sly Cooper: $7.97

I tried to get them to match Circuit City's price on Gun for Xbox, and they were going to do it, but after a couple of calls to CC, the Sears people said it was a clearance item and so wasn't available for price matching. So I just went and got it at CC.

I'm looking for a Lord of the Rings Tactics for PSP, if anyone has an extra one to sell or trade. (I could get a Metroid Prime Pinball, for example.)

does anyone know if the ff were on clearance:

:gc: & :ps2: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3
:gc: & :xbox: Star Wars Battlefront

anyone know their prices would be much appreciated.

[quote name='topnotch97']does anyone know if the ff were on clearance:

:gc: & :ps2: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3
:gc: & :xbox: Star Wars Battlefront

anyone know their prices would be much appreciated.[/quote]

I believe Ty 3 is $9.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back