Server shutdowns: GWFL Marketplace 8-22!/GWFL 7-1-2014!/Burnout Revenge back up!

[quote name='Scorch']Get ready for another round of closings next month.

Pretty sad about BF2, NFS Most Wanted (Whyyyyyy?!?!!?) and Skate.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Guess I need to start boosting Army of Two.

I love how Medal of Honor Airborne never released for the PSP yet all the game sites just copy/pasted the press release from EA without doing any fact checking.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Awesome. Guess I need to start boosting Army of Two.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I started boosting it a while back I think when the very first batch of EA shutdowns were announced and a group got formed to try and knock them out just in case the game got shut down soon , but didn't really stick with it. Don't have a lot of time left now.

At least Most Wanted doesn't have any online achievements (didn't even know it had an online mode). Also , didn't skate already have its servers shut down?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Awesome. Guess I need to start boosting Army of Two.[/QUOTE]Count me in for boosting Ao2.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Same here. I started boosting it a while back I think when the very first batch of EA shutdowns were announced and a group got formed to try and knock them out just in case the game got shut down soon , but didn't really stick with it. Don't have a lot of time left now.

At least Most Wanted doesn't have any online achievements (didn't even know it had an online mode). Also , didn't skate already have its servers shut down?[/QUOTE]Glad to hear that about Most Wanted, I haven't even checked out the online on it. They just shut down some social part of skate or something. It only affected posting videos and the like. This will be a total shutdown.

I'm out of town this week, but when I get back I'll be looking to boost/play Ao2, Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Most Wanted (to check it out), and maybe BF2:MC. Since they're getting shutdown for other systems I imagine that MoHA and Carbon aren't too far behind.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Count me in for boosting Ao2.

Glad to hear that about Most Wanted, I haven't even checked out the online on it. They just shut down some social part of skate or something. It only affected posting videos and the like. This will be a total shutdown.

I'm out of town this week, but when I get back I'll be looking to boost/play Ao2, Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Most Wanted (to check it out), and maybe BF2:MC. Since they're getting shutdown for other systems I imagine that MoHA and Carbon aren't too far behind.[/QUOTE]

Well the cool thing about BF2MC, you can do 1v1 clan matches. That should take care of most of the online achievements.

Why is Battlefield 2 shutting down? I know the sequel is coming this fall, but there's still a sizable community every time I play. I think the last time I popped in the game was a couple of weeks ago.

Boooooo.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Why is Battlefield 2 shutting down? I know the sequel is coming this fall, but there's still a sizable community every time I play. I think the last time I popped in the game was a couple of weeks ago.

Boooooo.[/QUOTE]

That is garbage. I jumped into a full game last week. And I am talking Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, not the Bad Company series. My son still plays Call of Duty 3 in full games on a regular basis. just because a game is old, doesn't mean people don't play it. The game got put up on games on demand not too long ago. Shame on you EA.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's Modern Combat, not Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

My bad.

I was worried a game I had just bought and started to enjoy was already going to lose online.

Got NCAA 10 & Army of Two done (thanks to having 2 xboxes). Now I'm trudging along in BF2. Got every online except play 200 & 500 games respectively. I got 100 done doing it kind of half assed over 2 days. So I should get this soon and I will be done with mindless boosting and can get back to playing stuff :D

Back in town and ready to tackle some of these online achievements. Anyone looking to boost Army of Two, BF2:MC, Madden 10, and Skate.

FYI, it seems there may be four achievements which require online for NCAA 10. Some people think three achievements where you get to level 10 in 3 different categories (sportsmanship, strategy and something) requires logging in to online servers to level up. Obviously I don't know much about those achievements yet but wanted to give a heads up.

[quote name='2DMention']As usual, a flurry of EA games. Is Rock Band next?[/QUOTE]Hadn't thought of that one, but it will probably be on the next list or two. . .

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Thank god for turbo controllers. Got my 500 played by idling at night while sleeping :D[/QUOTE]

:lol:, yea, that is definitely the way to do that game.

I updated the Achievement Whore post with some info from Trueachievements.com about the games shutting down including direct links to all the games. Check it out when you get a chance:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188745

If you really want to do these games I'd really suggest joining the boosting sessions there if you do not have a dedicated group.

Also here are a few notes I put together about the games that are shutting down:

• Army of Two - the billion dollars online will take you around 10 hours of boosting to finish.
  • Battlefield 2 MC - There is a 500 game achievement which can take 100 hours or so due to the 20 minute games
  • NASCAR 09 - the online is quick, but you need 4 people to start a race.
  • NCAA Basketball 10 - 75 games played online is time consuming, but worth alot of points
  • Skate. - The online XP takes a while but is boostable. There are other annoying ones here too like getting 20 reviews on an uploaded video.
  • Tiger 10 - has a viral and some gamernet point achievements plus the win $5 million in online tournaments achievement, which is probably not obtainable at this point with only 10 days left.
I have done all of these games so if you have any questions, please post and I'll help you out with any info/boosting methods I have come across.

October 20, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
EA SPORTS™ MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

this one almost snuck by

[quote name='jdawgg76']October 20, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
EA SPORTS™ MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

this one almost snuck by[/QUOTE]

From what I read people are saying that this will still be achievable but it is EA so I wouldn't risk it since it takes all of 10 minutes to get the achievement.

I posted this in the Achievement thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8947307&postcount=1204

but figured it was worth posting here as well:

I'm guessing FIFA 10, Need for Speed Carbon, Burnout Revenge and Medal of Honor Airborne are shut down next. Probably the January/February timeframe like they did earlier this year. The online in these games is time consuming so if you want to get ahead of the curve and not have to scramble in the weeks leading up to the servers getting shutdown it might be good to start working on them sooner rather than later.

New Update:

December 6, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

• FIFA 10 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • FIFA 10 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Well I knew FIFA 10 was going to be shut down soon, but I thought it would at least make it to 2012! Guess I was wrong. For anyone who wants to do the Ultimate Team achievements I have around 80,000 coins and a team that will get you 2 of the 3 unity achievements. I will trade them dollar for dollar for FIFA 12 coins.

Also, NBA 2K11 servers are getting shut down possibly as early as November 16th so get on those quickly if you want those achievements. Here is a link to the story on TrueAchievements;

http://www.trueachievements.com/n6213/nba-2k11-servers-to-close-soon.htm

I know we all hate EA for shutting down servers, but 2K is getting really bad. They shut down NBA 2K10 servers after just 14 months and NBA 2K11 won't even make it that long.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That's messed up about 2k. I'll have to look at those cheves.[/QUOTE]

Yea, 2K is pretty sneaky about their servers getting shut down. Usually one of the mods posts something about it on their forums and you have to hope word gets out in time.

The NBA 2K11 achievements aren't that bad, but you need at least 2 or 3 others to get them all, unless you are really good at the "my player" modes of the game. Plus there are still a ton of people playing this game online. You can probably do the online stuff in 3 or 4 hours.

For the other games getting shut down I'd estimate the time to get the online achievements as follows:

FIFA 10 - At least 25 hours as you have to win 100 ranked matches that take about 15 minutes each.
FIFA 10 Ultimate Team DLC - Probably 25 more hours here as you have to amass enough coins to open 500 card packs.
FIFA 2010 World Cup - I'd say 5-10 hours. You do need a bunch of gold accounts since you need to win the online world cup 3 times with teams of different levels.

Maybe we're dodging a bullet for now, or this is foreshadowing:
March 31, 2012 -- Online Services Shutdown

• BATTLEFIELD™ 3: Aftershock for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
  • Fantasi Safari for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
  • Ghost Harvest for iPhone

Kind of surprised it took EA this long into 2012 to take down some servers, but here you go:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n7913/ea-announces-more-server-shutdowns.htm

[quote name='Matrarch @ TRUEACHIEVEMENTS.com']

Now, we don't mean to alarm any of you, but you know how occasionally, a big publisher like... oh... say... Electronic Arts will have to shut down a server or two under the premise that that space can be better used for newer, more high trafficked games? We're sad to report that one of those times is drawing near, and on April 13, 2012, the servers for the following EA titles will be pulled offline:

- Burnout Revenge
- Create
- EA Sports Active 2
- The Godfather II (This has no online achievements)
- EA Sports MMA
- Need for Speed: ProStreet
- The Saboteur (This has no online achievements)
- Spare Parts (Online not required for achievements)

Once again, this means you have until April 13th to earn the online achievements in these games before they fall into the dreaded unobtainable category. Without doubt, if another session gets set up to Beat a Mod in ProStreet gets set up, we'll do our best to let you know. Make sure to take advantage of our gaming sessions to pick up these achievements in the servers' waning days.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Matrarch and True Achievements for posting the info and links!

Kind of surprised it took EA this long into 2012 to take down some servers, but here you go:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n7913/ea-announces-more-server-shutdowns.htm

[quote name='Matrarch @ TRUEACHIEVEMENTS.com']

Now, we don't mean to alarm any of you, but you know how occasionally, a big publisher like... oh... say... Electronic Arts will have to shut down a server or two under the premise that that space can be better used for newer, more high trafficked games? We're sad to report that one of those times is drawing near, and on April 13, 2012, the servers for the following EA titles will be pulled offline:

- Burnout Revenge
- Create
- EA Sports Active 2
- EA Sports MMA
- The Saboteur (This has no online achievements)

Once again, this means you have until April 13th to earn the online achievements in these games before they fall into the dreaded unobtainable category. Without doubt, if another session gets set up to Beat a Mod in ProStreet gets set up, we'll do our best to let you know. Make sure to take advantage of our gaming sessions to pick up these achievements in the servers' waning days.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Matrarch and True Achievements for posting the info and links!

Burnout Revenge doesn't take that long to do, EA MMA takes forever so if you want to do that one I'd suggests getting on it ASAP!

Makes me glad I just knocked out Pro Street and it's online (including beat a mod) two weeks or so ago. Edit: Actually...I don't have all the viruses. Forgot about those.

As for spare parts, that's not even been out for a full year. Or has it?

I'm down to boost MMA, ProStreet and Burnout. Kinda sad the only true burnout is losing its online. Whenever I get online (onlyh occassionally) I still find races, but those guys are always really good know every best route and smoke me.

[quote name='garrett007']I'll boost burnout revenge, loved that game. Played it so much on the old xbox but didn't put that much time into the 360 one[/QUOTE]Same here, I'll send you a fr.

[quote name='whoknows']The Saboteur has online?[/QUOTE]

They are disabling the midnight club access. Meaning you don't get to see boobies in it anymore.

This is the reason why I hate EA and how they manage their own servers. They can prematurely shut down any game server they want. The game servers run by Microsoft can run indefinitely. There are plenty of ancient Xbox 360 games still running because Microsoft runs the servers. But because EA has such major clout, Microsoft backed down when EA demanded they run their own servers or else Microsoft would not be getting EA games.

Microsoft had no clout to stop EA because way back when, the 360 was just about to launch and you can't have a game system that has no EA games. Sony was the dominant force but they didnt' care about online back then so it's not like they stood in the way of EA and it's not like MS had the strength to toe the line.

There have been many other games that were shut down on other platforms that kept running on the 360 because Microsoft managed them. Grid was shut down long ago on the PC and PS3 because that's what Codemasters wanted but it kept on ticking at Microsoft.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']They are disabling the midnight club access. Meaning you don't get to see boobies in it anymore.[/QUOTE]

The Saboteur has online.... and boobies?

Burnout Revenge going down really fucking pisses me off. Doubly because I just bought SSX 20 minutes ago and supported those fuckers. Until now EA had never shut down anything I cared about.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Burnout Revenge doesn't take that long to do, EA MMA takes forever so if you want to do that one I'd suggests getting on it ASAP![/QUOTE]Apparently MMA will have 20xp active until servers close. Wonder how much faster that would make it...

[quote name='jdawgg76']Apparently MMA will have 20xp active until servers close. Wonder how much faster that would make it...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I saw that last night on TA. That should cut down the time required by a nice chunk, but I think you are still in for 10 hours of boosting to get the Red Belt Master achievement.

They had a 10x xp event a few months back right before they shutdown one of the other online features of the game and it still took forever. I want to say it was around 15-20 hours then. Real nice TA ratios on those achievements though so definitely worth putting in the time, especially now with the servers getting shutdown.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']They are disabling the midnight club access. Meaning you don't get to see boobies in it anymore.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying even though I downloaded the pass I don't get the content anymore?

Damn you EA! Why are you taking down Burnout Revenge? We still don't have a proper online Burnout game. Sorry, but Paradise sucks as a Burnout game.

They added some additional details about the games with the servers getting shutdown over on TA. Here is the updated info along with links to the game pages:

[quote name='Matrarch @ Trueachievements.com']

- Burnout Revenge
- Create (No multiplayer achievements - must complete Single Player online achievements before server closes)
- EA Sports Active 2
- EA Sports MMA
- The Saboteur (This has no online achievements; only losing access to The Midnight Club)

Once again, this means you have until April 13th to earn the online achievements in these games before they fall into the dreaded unobtainable category. Without doubt, if another session gets set up to Beat a Mod in ProStreet gets set up, we'll do our best to let you know. Make sure to take advantage of our gaming sessions to pick up these achievements in the servers' waning days.[/QUOTE]

I did the create online in about an hour yesterday. The walkthrough on trueachievements was very helpful. Need to figure out if I want to do the EA Sports Active stuff or not. For anyone planning ahead, I think Skate 2 servers might not make it into 2013 so might be a good one to start chipping away at when you have time. The online is apparently pretty time consuming.

Was never able to connect to the EA Active2 servers to begin with. =/

All that matters is I can get my workouts in offline, like I have been doing. Just FYI, this workout game is actually pretty legit.

I guess godfather 2 is not getting any added achievements like part 1 did

U all know when they shut down the server for a game u can't use the dlc u paid money for right I was a EA FAN Boy for a long long time now I am not now I will not give them anymore of my money

[quote name='starmask2k3']U all know when they shut down the server for a game u can't use the dlc u paid money for right I was a EA FAN Boy for a long long time now I am not now I will not give them anymore of my money[/QUOTE]Do you just mean multiplayer DLC or is there some single player DLC that gets cut off as well?

I almost picked up Burnout Revenge, but I'd hate to and then not have time to grab the online achievements.

At least I still have it on the original xbox still.

[quote name='JStryke']I almost picked up Burnout Revenge, but I'd hate to and then not have time to grab the online achievements.

At least I still have it on the original xbox still.[/QUOTE]

well, once Gamestop realizes the servers are dead (if they didn't already know), the price falls through the floor. so you can pick it up cheap then. That's what happened to the other EA games. worth nothing at Gamestop and selling for dirt cheap. Games like old Madden ones or stuff like Army of Two.

bread's done
Back