Shipwreck’s Guide To Half-Priced Xbox Live Arcade Games and Marketplace Content

Ok, I started playing the Halo 3 beta, then found I really liked Crackdown! :) How good is the DLC for crackdown that must be purchased? It looks like it ads alot of vehicles, weapons, minigames, etc...

Thanks, TexTuna

I bought the downloadable content for Rainbow Six vegas is cost me 800 points. Could my friend use my account and download it to his xbox. Will the content still work on his account/gamertag. Will this work with the account recovery method ?

Hi, I have a friend who has a couple of arcade games bought on his system and he wantedto share with me, so i did account recovery. I could play the games when i was online with both profiles, but after that i never signed in again on live with his profile, because, well its his profile. But the games never work now: always play trial game, even when he's signed into live. Any ideas?

[quote name='Saiyanjin2']I bought the downloadable content for Rainbow Six vegas is cost me 800 points. Could my friend use my account and download it to his xbox. Will the content still work on his account/gamertag. Will this work with the account recovery method ?[/quote]
No. This is only for newly purchased content.

[quote name='Kozzmic']Hi, I have a friend who has a couple of arcade games bought on his system and he wantedto share with me, so i did account recovery. I could play the games when i was online with both profiles, but after that i never signed in again on live with his profile, because, well its his profile. But the games never work now: always play trial game, even when he's signed into live. Any ideas?[/quote]
This is only for newly purchased content.

[quote name='Kozzmic']I dont understand. So only valid for lets say a week or something? :/[/quote]
ONLY FOR NEWLY PURCHASED CONTENT!!!

You must be buying the content! It can not already be bought for this to work

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Seriously just read the OP it is very clear. Anyone know if you can do the half thing for Shivering Isles? $15 would be worth it...[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late confirmation, but you can. I've done it.

Sonic and Golden Axe behave like Double Dragon. Console B has no problem accessing the games, but it'll constantly revert back to the demo on Console A. So you just have to hit "Unlock full game" every time you load up the game.

[quote name='terribledeli']Sorry for the late confirmation, but you can. I've done it.

Sonic and Golden Axe behave like Double Dragon. Console B has no problem accessing the games, but it'll constantly revert back to the demo on Console A. So you just have to hit "Unlock full game" every time you load up the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm annoyed with this, but I guess for half price, it is worth it.

this makes sense to me, but if you were to do this, could you for example have 400 points on CAG As profile being loaded and 400 points on CAG Bs 360 and download an 800 point arcade game, or does CAG A have to have all 800 points? if so, then isn't it only half off if both CAGs agree to somehow split the cost?

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']this makes sense to me, but if you were to do this, could you for example have 400 points on CAG As profile being loaded and 400 points on CAG Bs 360 and download an 800 point arcade game, or does CAG A have to have all 800 points? if so, then isn't it only half off if both CAGs agree to somehow split the cost?[/QUOTE]

Right. The CAG who actually spends his points, happily accepts the $5 or $2.50 from the other CAG in cold hard cash.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']this makes sense to me, but if you were to do this, could you for example have 400 points on CAG As profile being loaded and 400 points on CAG Bs 360 and download an 800 point arcade game, or does CAG A have to have all 800 points? if so, then isn't it only half off if both CAGs agree to somehow split the cost?[/quote]
  1. You must have Marketplace Points on at least one of the accounts
  2. In order to get the 50% off price, both friends agree to pay half of the full price of the content
There you go.. first section of the OP.. couldn't have been easier to understand..

Sonic is giving me crap. I was the guy with points but everytime I boot it up on my machine I have to "unlock" it again. Of course it is free and takes about ten seconds but it is annoying as hell... Weird because it has never happened before...

Hmm, I should find someone to do this with me. Half price CC points plus half-price content??? WIN!!!

Problem is, none of my real-life friends have XBL.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']
  1. You must have Marketplace Points on at least one of the accounts
  2. In order to get the 50% off price, both friends agree to pay half of the full price of the content
There you go.. first section of the OP.. couldn't have been easier to understand..[/QUOTE]
3) Always be CAG A, because even though being CAG A is a bit less convenient, he aways can never lose the games. CAG B is screwed permanently if his 360 ever dies.

So will this work with the new 512 MB unit?

Will it work on an arcade game already purchased on CAG A's xbox, then Cag A brings his profile over to CAG B's house, and try to sign into cag A's account on Cag B's 360, then sign out of cag A and into CaG b? this was not working for me.

Basically, can it be used for content purchased on Cag A's xbox, w/o it being purchased on Cag B's xbox (using cag A's profile)?

Or does it have to be origionally purchased on Cag B's xbox using Cag A's account?

Has the new dash update effected half price content at all?

This may have been addressed. But I might have missed it while skimming.

One of the rules says access to live. But is that only for the transfer or every time?

For example

If I do this at my house with both consoles hooked up to live
Then my brother-in-law takes his console back to his house without an Internet connection. Could he play the games we transfered? Or does it check every time you boot up the game?

[quote name='Graystone']This may have been addressed. But I might have missed it while skimming.

One of the rules says access to live. But is that only for the transfer or every time?

For example

If I do this at my house with both consoles hooked up to live
Then my brother-in-law takes his console back to his house without an Internet connection. Could he play the games we transfered? Or does it check every time you boot up the game?[/QUOTE]

CAG A will always need to be connected to Live to use the content. CAG B doesn't need to be.

Hey there ship-

I was trying earlier to get this to work with master nudist who posted above. I have come to the realization that the content needs to be purchased at the time of all these shenanigans rather than just downloaded.

I spent about a half hour trying to download content I had already purchased onto nudist's xbox using my profile, only to learn that it will only give you the demo, not the full unlocked game.

My point is, I think your faq would be a lot more clear if you used the words "purchase" as opposed to download. I got the impression me and my buddy could just duplicate marketplace content on each others boxes, w/o having to buy anything at the time.

Does MillerTime's technique still work at this moment? Did anyone get any problems from doing this (banned,didn't work,game didn't work)?

I'm doing this with a relative and wanted to make sure it's safe to do this. We also don't have a memory unit so we want to do the account recovery.

Just to make sure, can you do the account recovery technique multiple times?

Shipwreck, you said "CAG A will always need to be connected to Live to use the content. CAG B doesn't need to be."

Is this also the case for the account recovery? (CAG A can't play offline?)

EDIT: Another question with the account recovery, what is downloaded during the account recovery? Lets say in the first steps, CAG B does an account recovery of CAG A's account. What will CAG B download as a result of this recovery? Will it be all of CAG A's XBLA games and demos, game demos, video demos, ect? Does it delete anything from CAG B's hard drive?

I posted a lot of questions, but I hope someone can help. :)

I would also like to know the answer to the above questions. Also, can you have more than two people on an account using account recovery so u can split it 3 ways.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Sonic is giving me crap. I was the guy with points but everytime I boot it up on my machine I have to "unlock" it again. Of course it is free and takes about ten seconds but it is annoying as hell... Weird because it has never happened before...[/QUOTE]

This is going to be a problem on Golden Axe as well. And one would assume Ecco the Dolphin and all other Sega Collection games. There is no known "fix" to it.

[quote name='ZForce915']This is going to be a problem on Golden Axe as well. And one would assume Ecco the Dolphin and all other Sega Collection games. There is no known "fix" to it.[/QUOTE]

Double Dragon too. I had it once during Catan, but only once.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I disagree with this practice and I shall notify Microsoft. You are stealing money from developers and Microsoft. You all are no better than pirates.[/QUOTE]
You are kidding, right?

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I disagree with this practice and I shall notify Microsoft. You are stealing money from developers and Microsoft. You all are no better than pirates.[/QUOTE]

You are going to notify Microsoft of their own terms and service agreement? There's nothing illegal or shady going on here. It's just using the license that you buy to the fullest extent.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Thanks Guys i just dont understand the whole pay half thing ; D[/QUOTE]

Found this in page 9 of this thread.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Right. The CAG who actually spends his points, happily accepts the $5 or $2.50 from the other CAG in cold hard cash.[/QUOTE]

Wait so let me get this straight. If I have a friend that wants..lets say Puzzle Fighter, he just downloads it, gives me his email/pass and I just redownload it on my 360 and I can just play whenever I want? MY friend already downloaded Puzzle Figher a while back and I wonder if I can still get it?

[quote name='nikelecious91']Wait so let me get this straight. If I have a friend that wants..lets say Puzzle Fighter, he just downloads it, gives me his email/pass and I just redownload it on my 360 and I can just play whenever I want? MY friend already downloaded Puzzle Figher a while back and I wonder if I can still get it?[/QUOTE]
No, it doesn't work on something that was already purchased. For it to work either you have to bring your profile to his XBox, or he has to bring his to yours. Then the person who brought their profile buys the game on the other person's XBox.

[quote name='Damian']No, it doesn't work on something that was already purchased. For it to work either you have to bring your profile to his XBox, or he has to bring his to yours. Then the person who brought their profile buys the game on the other person's XBox.[/quote]

Alright thanks. I guess I gotta use the account recovery option next time.

Filler_Bunny.png
http://www.luckysearch.com/lasagnaddict

this totally rocks, you search get points, and redeem them free stuffs!!
like amazon gift cards and if you really try, cars
all this for just searchin!
so sign up and start collectin pointies!
http://www.luckysearch.com/lasagnaddict

Semi-related question: is there any way to "clean up" your gamercard? I just got a 360 (I'm loving it) and I tried out a couple of the demos installed on the HD (Pac-Man and Geometry Wars) and now they're showing up as games I have, without achievements on my gamer card. My OCD is taking over and it's just really annoying to see them on there. Any way to remove that info?

[quote name='tototheexplorer'] I tried out a couple of the demos installed on the HD (Pac-Man and Geometry Wars) and now they're showing up as games I have, without achievements on my gamer card. My OCD is taking over and it's just really annoying to see them on there. Any way to remove that info?[/QUOTE]

Yes. By buying the games and getting the achievements.

Seriously, there isn't. Its been something on the bi-annual Live updates wish list since day one. Microsoft claims to be "looking into it", but they really just hope you'll just pay the cash for the games if it bothers you that badly.

Barring the big fat disgusting 0 by your name, I just dislike it because its difficult to gauge what arcade games a person actually owns. I mean, I own Space Giraffe, Cyberball, and Spades...but you wouldn't necessarily know that because I have 0 points in those games. I just suck at them.

I wonder if this could be done to the original xbox games that they just announced. I would think so since they are just over sized arcade games. I wouldn't mine paying $7.50 for burnout 3.

this whole thing seems like a horrible idea for the individual that doesn't have the content linked to their XBL account, once the 360 dies, they are totally SOL. and it seems likely that most 360's do crap out

[quote name='AshesofWake']this whole thing seems like a horrible idea for the individual that doesn't have the content linked to their XBL account, once the 360 dies, they are totally SOL. and it seems likely that most 360's do crap out[/QUOTE]

A buddy of mine had that happen to him a couple months back. We downloaded about 40 total games and he ended up getting the raw end of it when his 360 died. Everything was downloaded on his but linked to my account.

bread's done
Back