Single Character Skylanders Back In Stock @ Amazon

[quote name='confoosious']It's only $7.99.... so tempting.[/QUOTE]

Buy it - especially if you have Amazon gift card credit to burn. While it may not be too hard to find at the moment, it most likely won't be any cheaper. I don't see them running a lot of sales on these things now with the way they sell out all the time. So what I'm saying is you'll more likely regret not buying it than buying it and finding it chaper or something later ;).

[quote name='io']Buy it - especially if you have Amazon gift card credit to burn. While it may not be too hard to find at the moment, it most likely won't be any cheaper. I don't see them running a lot of sales on these things now with the way they sell out all the time. So what I'm saying is you'll more likely regret not buying it than buying it and finding it chaper or something later ;).[/QUOTE]

pusher!

went to put chop chop and double trouble in my cart and chop chop sold out.

But I got Double Trouble. Drill Sergeant and Flameslinger still available.

[quote name='confoosious']pusher![/QUOTE]

Hah - that's what my sister-in-law thinks of me too after I got her son hooked on them ;). Maybe I should hang out by schools with an overcoat filled with an assortment of Skylanders and sell them to the kids. Just kidding!!

But at least I'm buying them for her (Whirlwind a few minutes ago and Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Drill Sargeant off Amazon before that). She doesn't understand how quickly they sell out so if I just told her about them, she wouldn't look for a few hours and they'd be gone. Plus she probably doesn't have Prime. I told her when GS had some 3-packs in stock and she checked into it a few days later and of course they were long gone.

Thanks for the heads up. Had Cynder in my cart and was shopping for another character and by the time I picked out Flameslinger, Cynder had gone back OOS. Oh well, I guess I'll settle for Flameslinger and Chop Chop. Only 3 more elements before I have one of each and can start the game.

[quote name='zubalove']Is the Legendary 3-Pack at TRU worth getting?[/QUOTE]

They're nothing but skin swaps as far as the game is concerned, so if you need those elements I'd go for it. That said, the starter pack comes with Spyro, and bash isn't that great of a character. That leaves Chop chop, which is fine to pick up out of undead set (but should be somewhat easy to find at ToysRus starting 3/21).

[quote name='dragonjud']They're nothing but skin swaps as far as the game is concerned, so if you need those elements I'd go for it. That said, the starter pack comes with Spyro, and bash isn't that great of a character. That leaves Chop chop, which is fine to pick up out of undead set (but should be somewhat easy to find at ToysRus starting 3/21).[/QUOTE]

Not to be that guy, but isn't that untrue? I believe I read that the legendary characters have different stats compared to their non-legendary counterparts. The chase figures that are painted silver and gold have absolutely no difference in game, but the legendaries look different and I believe they're more powerful too.

[quote name='etcrane']Not to be that guy, but isn't that untrue? I believe I read that the legendary characters have different stats compared to their non-legendary counterparts. The chase figures that are painted silver and gold have absolutely no difference in game, but the legendaries look different and I believe they're more powerful too.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I was talking about their attributes within the game, as well as their worth as additional figures.

I can't tell the differences between my regular trigger happy, and the legendary figure. Sure, one is blue, and the other is orange/brown, but their powers are the same, their movements are the same, their upgrade trees are the same, etc. etc.
So, at the end of the day, I wouldn't care to have another bash or another Spyro that looks and plays the same, when I can save my money and buy cool characters like Drobot, and Stealth Elf.

From a 'collect them all' perspective, sure go ahead and spend your money, but I thought his question was more of their true worth (within game). I'm sure he can make a few dollars on Ebay reselling them, but as the game goes, they have no real worth (except maybe a few extra hit points, and a skin swap).

yeah im gonna have to skip on drill sergeant and double trouble. i went to youtube and checked out their extended trailers and eh. 7.99 is awesome tho especially if you have amazon credit and you could probly sell them for more but nah.
im just waiting til tomorrow when hopefully stores will have cynder, prism break and drobot in stock and then im done ;) til giants...
also chopchop is back in stock i think for those that were looking

[quote name='mathyou']Bump.

Currently they've got Cynder, Whirlwind, and a few others. Note that I bought a Cynder on Sunday, and Amazon wouldnt let me buy one today, citing a limit.[/QUOTE]

And today (this 12:02 AM EST), you can have your very own Cyder (granted, with Amazon Prime) for the low price of.........$32.84.

Thanks for posting earlier, I snagged one for almost $25.00 less than the current price, thanks to this thread! :applause:, OP!

Someone bought my used prism break for 42 bucks on amazon today. People are crazy! Made buying 5 new 7.99 characters guilt free. Never liked playin prism any way. Was only good as a defensive barrier when being swarmed by enemies in the end levels. I would yell "square!" and my daughter would throw up the ring of prisms and I would stand there and shoot triggers machine gun with unlimited bullets. Good times gaming with my daughter lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Toss']Someone bought my used prism break for 42 bucks on amazon today. People are crazy! Made buying 5 new 7.99 characters guilt free. Never liked playin prism any way. Was only good as a defensive barrier when being swarmed by enemies in the end levels. I would yell "square!" and my daughter would throw up the ring of prisms and I would stand there and shoot triggers machine gun with unlimited bullets. Good times gaming with my daughter lol[/QUOTE]

Yep. People are crazy, but Prism Break may never be manufactured again... I haven't seen one in the store since wave 1 or 2. If I knew I would be able to replace my figures down the line for retail I would gladly sell off a few... But as it stands, I have every figure so far(except the gold, silver, and blue repaints) and I can't bring myself to break up the set.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Yep. People are crazy, but Prism Break may never be manufactured again... I haven't seen one in the store since wave 1 or 2. If I knew I would be able to replace my figures down the line for retail I would gladly sell off a few... But as it stands, I have every figure so far(except the gold, silver, and blue repaints) and I can't bring myself to break up the set.[/QUOTE]

I hear yah...it's just that I'm old enough to remember mf wife buying beanie babies back in the day!

thanx man. just grabbed cynder. whirlwind still in stock too.
just grabbed one but the whole hoarder thing makes me want to buy more... i mean 7.99 tax free no shipping... but no... just what i need....
yep i had the triple pack with prism break for 19.99 in my cart but sold out at check out, doh! hopefully more pop up today on amazon or even at tru.
i don't even have boomer or voodood so that would be great.

[quote name='malalrd']Amazon just had 3 packs with prism break in stock so dont count it out yet.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. They're gone now, but clearly still being produced.

3 packs with Dino rang are back in stock too. Just got 1 plus a prism break 3 pack. I'll be returning the single boomer and zap that I got last week since they are both in the 3 packs

[quote name='Toss']Someone bought my used prism break for 42 bucks on amazon today. People are crazy! [/QUOTE]

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Yep. People are crazy, but Prism Break may never be manufactured again... I haven't seen one in the store since wave 1 or 2. If I knew I would be able to replace my figures down the line for retail I would gladly sell off a few... But as it stands, I have every figure so far(except the gold, silver, and blue repaints) and I can't bring myself to break up the set.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='malalrd']Amazon just had 3 packs with prism break in stock so dont count it out yet.[/QUOTE]

Yup just got the prisim 3 pack 20 bucks!

Now is a good time to pick up Cynder, Chop Chop, Double Trouble, and Flameslinger...which I just did (bye bye, Amazon credit!). Drill Sergeant and Whirlwind are also available, but I already bought those way before getting the game when they were still exclusives.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']I couldn't believe it

Lightning Rod, Zook, Cynder triple pack is in stock. Hurry!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007EMFZI4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new[/QUOTE]

Yep, sykotek mentioned it in the main Skylanders thread nearly an hour ago. I just saw that myself - fortunately stopped in my office to get disc 2 for Mass Effect 3 and decided to check CAG. I don't expect this to last till dawn (at least here on the West Coast).

Main Skylanders thread where this stuff usually gets posted first:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306041

I suggest anyone hunting Skylanders subscribe to that thread and check it daily (if not hourly ;)).

...now back to saving the galaxy and I can sleep in and not jump through hoops to overpay at TRU!

[quote name='io']Yep, sykotek mentioned it in the main Skylanders thread nearly an hour ago. I just saw that myself - fortunately stopped in my office to get disc 2 for Mass Effect 3 and decided to check CAG. I don't expect this to last till dawn (at least here on the West Coast).

Main Skylanders thread where this stuff usually gets posted first:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306041

I suggest anyone hunting Skylanders subscribe to that thread and check it daily (if not hourly ;)).

...now back to saving the galaxy and I can sleep in and not jump through hoops to overpay at TRU![/QUOTE]I'm always in there ;)

Now to score Dragon's Peak later :D

[quote name='Ivanhoe']can someone post if dragons peak shows up on amazon?
I really dont want to run around town for it.[/QUOTE]TRU has the exclusive rights to Dragon's Peak for 30 days from launch. You won't see it at any other retailer until then. Best bet is to go to your local TRU in several hours.

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks, now I have a spare Cynder, maybe I can trade it.[/QUOTE]

I've ended up with many doubles in the hunt, and I've never had an issue finding someone who wants it.
Either here for trade or sale, or Ebay, etc. I'm sure someone will take my extra Cynder as well.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']TRU has the exclusive rights to Dragon's Peak for 30 days from launch. You won't see it at any other retailer until then. Best bet is to go to your local TRU in several hours.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...
I saw the sign at only one of the local ToysRus, but all they had were tons of Trigger Happy, and other older single figures...

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']TRU has the exclusive rights to Dragon's Peak for 30 days from launch. You won't see it at any other retailer until then. Best bet is to go to your local TRU in several hours.[/QUOTE]

aww shucks.

thanks for the info

[quote name='Ivanhoe']aww shucks.

thanks for the info[/QUOTE]
apparently the release date for the pack is sunday. Alot of people being turned away at TRU this morning I hear.

Kind of upset I ordered Cynder and it has just been sitting there waiting to be shipped....I hope they don't cancel it on me. Does Amazon do that? I ordered it Monday!

Also how hard is Drill Sergeant to find? I ordered all the others (I just started and have only found some commons in stores).He doesn't stand out to me though...

[quote name='Pig']apparently the release date for the pack is sunday. Alot of people being turned away at TRU this morning I hear.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. My Toys R Us offered to hold it for me till then though. Nice of them to do so.

Thanks OP picked up a bunch. I love playing this with my son.

Yesterday I stopped into TRU. They had the dragons peak set out on the shelf. I tried to buy it but was turned down when they rang it up the register said no sale until the 25th. They then proceeded to remove the rest of the sets from the shelf.

[quote name='dvltgrs24']I went to toys r us and got zook and ignitor today they also had lightning rod but they were all gone[/QUOTE]
My store had tons of stuff, but the only one I didn't already have was Hex. I'm not sure if they got in any Dragon's Peak...if they did, it clearly didn't last very long. But on the bright side, my wife finished up her Lalaloopsy collection.

Went to my Toysrus today. They had Hex, Bash, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and some other common one I can't remember. Also had a bunch of Legendary Trigger Happy. None of the other ones. I managed to pick up the 5 or 6 Amazon had the other day but I can't find the others. Woman said to keep calling in regards to Dragon Peak

[quote name='ZForce915']The guys charging $190 for the new three pack can go to hell. I hope each of them gets hit by a bus.[/QUOTE]
theres so much demand for these stupid little things that I don't blame him. if people are stupid enough to pay it then why not? you guys are paying 8-10 on characters in a game...

[quote name='akir']theres so much demand for these stupid little things that I don't blame him. if people are stupid enough to pay it then why not? you guys are paying 8-10 on characters in a game...[/QUOTE]

by a BUS I say.

What version is best to play this on? Wii or PS3?

EDIT: Or is the 3DS version a better route to go?

someone wrote a long long explanation in the skylanders thread. basically whatever console you prefer. Then the 3ds as a supplementary platformer experience.

3DS "version" is a separate game, with a heavy emphasis on platforming. The console versions are all the same, and have a heavy emphasis on combat and adventure.

[quote name='Explicit']I'm just curious about all the hype with this game and figured I might jump into it and see whats up[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already gotten into it, beware... When I first got it, I thought to myself "I'll just get one of each element (8 total) so I can see all the things this game has to offer." But then I had to have them all. If you have a collecting personality, get ready to spend a lot of money tracking down the old characters. The game is fun and all, but the marketing scheme just kills my wallet.

[quote name='tipio']Hoping for something to turn up tomorrow on Amazon. Weird stock influxes on random singles today...[/QUOTE]

Me too... I have everything currently available except Zook and Lightning Rod (I was even lucky enough to grab Dragon's Peak at TRU today with a manager override). Hopefully I can pick up those 2 ASAP!

[quote name='ZombieToast']My store had tons of stuff, but the only one I didn't already have was Hex. I'm not sure if they got in any Dragon's Peak...if they did, it clearly didn't last very long. But on the bright side, my wife finished up her Lalaloopsy collection.[/QUOTE]

Sunday for Dragons Peak, it's street dated so they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Lalaloopsy?!?! I bought one for my daughter for Christmas, I don't get it. You can't even make the doll sit up right, the dolls fat head is just going to make it tip over. I bought her a few outfits but I won't support it anymore than that, I see this toy in the bargain bin in the near future.

bread's done
Back