Single Character Skylanders Back In Stock @ Amazon

[quote name='skiizim']Sunday for Dragons Peak, it's street dated so they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Lalaloopsy?!?! I bought one for my daughter for Christmas, I don't get it. You can't even make the doll sit up right, the dolls fat head is just going to make it tip over. I bought her a few outfits but I won't support it anymore than that, I see this toy in the bargain bin in the near future.[/QUOTE]

They CAN sell it, it just requires a manager override, and that manager has to not care about breaking rules lol

[quote name='gunstar808']Man I bought Zook, Lightning Rod and Cynder from GS @ $9.99 ea not realizing there was a 3 pack.[/QUOTE]You made the right choice. The three pack is going to fly off the shelves. I think they will be hard to come by.

[quote name='skiizim']Sunday for Dragons Peak, it's street dated so they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Lalaloopsy?!?! I bought one for my daughter for Christmas, I don't get it. You can't even make the doll sit up right, the dolls fat head is just going to make it tip over. I bought her a few outfits but I won't support it anymore than that, I see this toy in the bargain bin in the near future.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I thought the Dragon's Peak is what people were trying to get today. This is my first time taking interest in the figures since getting Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant, so I'm trying to get caught up to speed.

As for Lalaloopsy...I actually think some of them are kinda neat-looking. I think I would probably want these for myself if I was a girl. My wife's dolls don't have a problem sitting on their own; maybe your daughter's doll's head is too wobbly. Or not wobbly enough. *shrug* I personally would like to see these in bargain bins, but I don't think it's happening anytime soon. These suckers are flying off the shelves all over the country and they're an assload of money if you have to buy them secondhand. eBay/Amazon prices are pretty comparable to Skylanders right now and they keep getting more popular. There's bedsheets, clothes, costumes, a video game, a movie, playsets, a kid-sized playhouse, and an obscene amount of dolls.

They are at risk of flooding the market with too much stuff, but they're starting to pull back a little bit now. These are by the same company that makes Bratz and Moxie Girls, both of which are still doing relatively well, so they seem to have a handle on things. One major thing going for them is that they actually make what the fans want (and they have super helpful customer service). Over the last few months, they've incorporated a lot of things into the dolls that people have been asking for on Facebook. And wow, I know way too much about this stuff. I bought a ton of these things for my wife for Christmas (which involved a lot of research/hunting), so I think I probably know more about them than she does. I hope my son never sees this when he's older.

I've copied pasted this from my post in the forums, so I apologize in advance, but I get the feeling a lot of people don't read in the forum, and it's more relevant here anyway:
I ordered Whirlwind Sunday night and every morning this week - starting Monday - it said "Shipping Soon". I emailed Amazon Thursday morning and got a real quick - in like 5 minutes - reply saying Whirlwind was back-ordered but she upgraded me to 2 day shipping and we would have it Monday. Only it is back-ordered and they don't know when they are getting them in. It said "Not yet Shipped" for about and hour and then went back to "shipping soon". So either we're getting it Monday, or we aren't. Stupid Amazon, don't sell me stuff that's back-ordered and tell me it's "Shipping soon" for 3 days.
BTW - does anybody here know what "shipping soon" means on Amazon time wise? I think Amazon should poll people, I'm guessing 24 hours is "soon", anything more than that isn't "soon", it's "shipping in the next few days". Or in my case "not" shipping.

[quote name='rjejr']I've copied pasted this from my post in the forums, so I apologize in advance, but I get the feeling a lot of people don't read in the forum, and it's more relevant here anyway:
I ordered Whirlwind Sunday night and every morning this week - starting Monday - it said "Shipping Soon". I emailed Amazon Thursday morning and got a real quick - in like 5 minutes - reply saying Whirlwind was back-ordered but she upgraded me to 2 day shipping and we would have it Monday. Only it is back-ordered and they don't know when they are getting them in. It said "Not yet Shipped" for about and hour and then went back to "shipping soon". So either we're getting it Monday, or we aren't. Stupid Amazon, don't sell me stuff that's back-ordered and tell me it's "Shipping soon" for 3 days.
BTW - does anybody here know what "shipping soon" means on Amazon time wise? I think Amazon should poll people, I'm guessing 24 hours is "soon", anything more than that isn't "soon", it's "shipping in the next few days". Or in my case "not" shipping.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Cynder on Monday....it said "Shipping Soon" since then and shipped at 1AM last night.

I ordered a bunch of singles that came in stock yesterday they also shipped at 1AM.

Ordered a 3-pack yesterday, still says shipping soon.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I ordered Cynder on Monday....it said "Shipping Soon" since then and shipped at 1AM last night.

I ordered a bunch of singles that came in stock yesterday they also shipped at 1AM.

Ordered a 3-pack yesterday, still says shipping soon.[/QUOTE]

Don't really know what's going on with Amazon shipping, but they've been doing this as well with my orders.
On top of it, I've been getting snail mail rates, when I paid for Prime shipping.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I ordered Cynder on Monday....it said "Shipping Soon" since then and shipped at 1AM last night.

Ordered a 3-pack yesterday, still says shipping soon.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered Cynder on Monday, but it is still in Shipping Soon as well. I ordered it also with a couple things and since then they have regrouped the items twice, authenticated the card twice in two different amounts (not charged though). I really don't know what they are up to on it.

[quote name='rjejr']
BTW - does anybody here know what "shipping soon" means on Amazon time wise? I think Amazon should poll people, I'm guessing 24 hours is "soon", anything more than that isn't "soon", it's "shipping in the next few days". Or in my case "not" shipping.[/QUOTE]
Most of these said restocking on 3/22-3/24 when they were going OOS yesterday. At least amazon offers the backordered purchase to guarantee you one. TRU will let you get all the way to place the order and dump you to a generic screen and wont tell you what happened. This is probably the most customer friendly way to handle the day late/dollar short scenarios.

I got in for the crypt and pirate packs today. Got some of the older figures from a B&M store yesterday since my son is just getting into it. In the last week I've spent $150 getting the starter, two adventure packs, 2 singles, and two 3 packs.

Picked up the whirlwind 3 pack today because I just got into this and it's the only time I've seen a 3 pack instore
Edit: thought I posted in the general gaming thread...oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the starter pack and then 3 more figures from Amazon; still need a Skylander for Earth and for Life in order to have one from each class/element.

Once I have a figure to represent each element, I refuse to buy any more of them. So far my total "investment" is still under $60.

[quote name='AwRy108']Grabbed the starter pack and then 3 more figures from Amazon; still need a Skylander for Earth and for Life in order to have one from each class/element.

Once I have a figure to represent each element, I refuse to buy any more of them. So far my total "investment" is still under $60.[/QUOTE]

Stump Smash is easy enough to find and that dude has some POWER.

Thanks for the heads up in this thread about the adventure packs, I almost spent $25ish for a Darklight Crypt but was able to find it on Amazon for $20.

i havnt hoarded anything. i should have bought extras to sell but i would feel like a douche cuz there is no corporation to screw it would just be screwing real people on cl or something, so i dont wanna do that.
i got the starter kit for 35, got 3 from 3ds for 15(sold game/portal for 20) and bought a few with tru coupons so i dont feel too bad. last night i went crazy and spent like 100 on amazon credit for all extra packs and triple packs but its cool. my kids really like it so im fine with it.

i was telling my wife its crazy that i love silent hill and final fantasy but i wont get those until they fall alot in price and i dont buy any dlc or psn games unless they are like 50% off, but here i am spending like $10/character and there arent any trophies or anything. ocd and kids are my excuse i guess. at least im trying not to buy all of them...

I am not seeing much at all at Amazon... just two characters for $8. Everything else (including adventure packs) are not available or at inflated third-party prices.

[quote name='Sentinel']I am not seeing much at all at Amazon... just two characters for $8. Everything else (including adventure packs) are not available or at inflated third-party prices.[/QUOTE]

It comes and goes. There were 4 characters at retail just a few minutes ago.

[quote name='Sentinel']I am not seeing much at all at Amazon... just two characters for $8. Everything else (including adventure packs) are not available or at inflated third-party prices.[/QUOTE]

You've gotta be pretty quick, as when they get stock in, it sells out quickly. They had the Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood 3-pack and the Zap, Hex, Dino Rang 3-pack available briefly yesterday, I think there may have been other 3-packs, but I missed out on them. Today, they had Darklight Crypt, Pirate's Seas, and Empire of Ice available briefly as well. Empire of Ice sold out really quick, and the other two followed suit not long after.

I'm sure they'll get more stuff in stock, you're just going to have to watch Amazon or this thread.

[quote name='ZForce915']It comes and goes. There were 4 characters at retail just a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

Normally I rely on camelcamelcamel for this, but it sounds like it is even too fast for that to catch them. Any word from Activision on reliable stock? (i.e. longer than a day) Thanks!

[quote name='Sentinel']Normally I rely on camelcamelcamel for this, but it sounds like it is even too fast for that to catch them. Any word from Activision on reliable stock? (i.e. longer than a day) Thanks![/QUOTE]

My understanding is that they are producing these as fast as they can but the reseller market is snatching these up as soon as they see them. Personally I'd like to see limit 1 or 2 from places like Amazon on everything.

I wouldn't worry if you don't get something now, the bottom will eventually drop out on this and if you resist the urge to pay a premium on any of it you'll eventually have everything you need.

[quote name='BingoBrown']You've gotta be pretty quick, as when they get stock in, it sells out quickly. They had the Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood 3-pack and the Zap, Hex, Dino Rang 3-pack available briefly yesterday, I think there may have been other 3-packs, but I missed out on them. Today, they had Darklight Crypt, Pirate's Seas, and Empire of Ice available briefly as well. Empire of Ice sold out really quick, and the other two followed suit not long after.

I'm sure they'll get more stuff in stock, you're just going to have to watch Amazon or this thread.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the Empire of Ice this morning. I was kind of shocked to see it in stock. I passed on it once at Kmart in favor of the Pirate Seas pack. In retrospect I should have just picked them both up. Now if I can just catch one of those Cynders.

just got back from tru. picked up nothing but volumes 1 and 2 of he-man for my wife ;) (she picked them out)
crazy how they can get away with selling singles for 9.99 and adventure packs for 25 tho. i understand resellers being resellers and making a profit, but why is tru over selling msrp? i think bestbuy sells them for 8.99? im sticking with amazon for 7.99. then again this is all flip credit so whatever.

[quote name='Velo214']i understand resellers being resellers and making a profit, but why is tru over selling msrp?[/QUOTE]

TRU does that with a lot of their product. They have high regular prices, then "sales" that are barely lower than a competitor's regular price. Though it does seem like they're trying to cash in on the Skylanders craze a little bit.

Amazon just seems really inconsistent right now. They have packs coming in stock for minutes then going right back out. I placed my order for a Cynder on Monday when it was first mentioned here, that order had some other stuff, has been split up and stuck in Shipping Soon for 3 days. In that time Cynder has come back in stock at least three times I am aware of and still it hasn't shipped. At this point I have no idea what they are doing or when it will go out.

Hey, I like the price so I'm willing to wait, I'd just like to know that I am not being put perpetually at the end of the queue, if it takes a week to get to me that's fine, it's an Easter basket present after all.

[quote name='BingoBrown']TRU does that with a lot of their product. They have high regular prices, then "sales" that are barely lower than a competitor's regular price. Though it does seem like they're trying to cash in on the Skylanders craze a little bit.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is they bumped up the price last November, well before it hit fever pitch and back when they still regularly had them on the shelves. So it isn't in response to the current mess. It is pretty much TRU being their usual self.

[quote name='defpally']Amazon just seems really inconsistent right now. They have packs coming in stock for minutes then going right back out. I placed my order for a Cynder on Monday when it was first mentioned here, that order had some other stuff, has been split up and stuck in Shipping Soon for 3 days. In that time Cynder has come back in stock at least three times I am aware of and still it hasn't shipped. At this point I have no idea what they are doing or when it will go out.

Hey, I like the price so I'm willing to wait, I'd just like to know that I am not being put perpetually at the end of the queue, if it takes a week to get to me that's fine, it's an Easter basket present after all.[/QUOTE]

That is weird. I ordered mine on Monday like a lot of people and mine showed up yesterday. I ordered a book with it at the same time and they both arrived in the same box.

[quote name='chriscolbert']That is weird. I ordered mine on Monday like a lot of people and mine showed up yesterday. I ordered a book with it at the same time and they both arrived in the same box.[/QUOTE]

Well, I get the feeling it was somehow "stuck" in the system. I ordered it with the Blu Ray Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and also Shinobi for the 3DS. They split it up on Tuesday and the Bluray was still Pending, but Cynder and Shinobi were Shipping Soon. This morning the Bluray skipped right through to Shipped, with the other two stuck still. I sent a polite email to ask what was up (I know they probably get tons of Skylanders HEY I ORDERED IT SIX SECONDS AGO WHY HASNT IT SHIPPED YET?!?!???! emails), and ten minutes later I get a Shipped email with tracking for it and no other CS response.

Maybe it was stuck, or maybe since I used FSSS they put it on the "when we get good and damn ready to send it" pile (I've had a few things go like that from them). I don't think it was a coincidence, someone prodded it in the system. Can't really argue much though, no sales tax and $7.99, but just wish there was a bit less mystery to the process of Shipping Soon.

[quote name='Sentinel']Normally I rely on camelcamelcamel for this, but it sounds like it is even too fast for that to catch them. Any word from Activision on reliable stock? (i.e. longer than a day) Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZForce915']My understanding is that they are producing these as fast as they can but the reseller market is snatching these up as soon as they see them. Personally I'd like to see limit 1 or 2 from places like Amazon on everything.

I wouldn't worry if you don't get something now, the bottom will eventually drop out on this and if you resist the urge to pay a premium on any of it you'll eventually have everything you need.[/QUOTE]

After having 200+ figures at my store yesterday for the Skylanders event, my store received another shipment today with more figures than we had yesterday.

[quote name='prim4444']After having 200+ figures at my store yesterday for the Skylanders event, my store received another shipment today with more figures than we had yesterday.[/QUOTE]

That is really awesome news. Glad to hear they are stepping up to demand.

I just got an email from Walmart saying that because they had to cancel my Order for Empire of Ice that they sent me a free skylander figure! I'd be so happy if it was one of the new characters.

yeah its funny that next week they have 5 off triple packs or adventure packs sale... so making it the same price everywhere else is selling it, lol

[quote name='coldstreakd']Very mad about this. I ordered one on eBay 2 days ago for ~$50!![/QUOTE]

That sucks. I got the Dino-Rang triple pack and was searching for filler that I'd actually want. Made my order and then Prism Break triple pack shows up:drool:

[quote name='ZForce915']$50? What on earth for? Has there been any indication that these won't be back in stock? That was just being impatient.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding. Don't fall victim to the hype and let the game play you. These can all be had eventually for MSRP if you just pick your spots and wait it out.

bread's done
Back