Single Character Skylanders Back In Stock @ Amazon

Don't feed the eBay hype. The only things I bought on eBay were the 4 Legendary figures, but I only paid a $25 premium over what all 4 would cost at Toys R Us.

My feeling here was that even if TRU got more in stock at my store, they'd be the first to fly off the shelves before I got there. :roll:

I know it was me being impatient. I'm like that sometimes lol. But I figure I'll just resell it as soon as it gets here and prob make most of my money back

Checked back at Toysrus today. Whereas the past two days there were about 30 Legendary Trigger Happy(of which I purchased ONE), they were ALL gone today. I honestly looked at the resale price and it didn't look worth it to me so I find it amusing someone bought them all

All I really want is the Toys R Us Legendary 3-Pack with Spyro, Chop Chop, and Bash. Any CAGs see one at their TRU this weekend, say something is the general Skylander thread. Gracias!

Amazon finally shipped my Whirlwind yesterday, w/ a free upgrade to 2 day shipping due to my bitchin n complaining via email, so we should get it Monday, which is 5 days after they shipped it, not 2, but that's more the USPS fault and not Amazon. Glad to see them coming back into stock now as Whirlwind was our 8th and final element so now we don't have to buy anymore. Well until the giant ones come out anyway. Wonder if a giant will fit in a stocking?

I lucked out and found Zook and Lightning Rod at Walmart. My collection is nearing completion as all I need are: Sunburn, Warnado, Wham Shell and Camo.

[quote name='thegame85']I lucked out and found Zook and Lightning Rod at Walmart. My collection is nearing completion as all I need are: Sunburn, Warnado, Wham Shell and Camo.[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as how those are the only ones that haven't been released yet (Sunburn is tomorrow) then I would say you're doing pretty good. I just need to get lucky and find Lightning Rod and Zook somewhere and I'll be in the same boat.

Amazon delivered my Prism Break triple pack already. I placed the order yesterday too. 1 Day delivery with Amazon Prime. Never gotten anything that quickly before.

So my free Walmart skylander was supposed to come today but when I check the tracking I see this:

"Bad address. Pkg returned. Call sender"

Bad address, wtf! Sent an email to Walmart CS..sigh.

[quote name='Jav0r']Amazon delivered my Prism Break triple pack already. I placed the order yesterday too. 1 Day delivery with Amazon Prime. Never gotten anything that quickly before.[/QUOTE]

WTF!? I ordered mine a few days before you and it is getting here Monday. I never get anything from Amazon on Saturday since they always use UPS. Oh well, no big deal...

[quote name='ZombieToast']$24.99? fuck that![/QUOTE]

That happens once they're out of stock from Amazon themselves and the only one left are 3rd party. When Amazon has them they're 8-9 dollars.

I managed to get every released Skylander and Adventure Pack, even Volcanic Vault, except freaking Zook and Lightning Rod. I don't want to pay $60 to an eBay scalper. HELP!!! :cry:

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I managed to get every released Skylander and Adventure Pack, even Volcanic Vault, except freaking Zook and Lightning Rod. I don't want to pay $60 to an eBay scalper. HELP!!! :cry:[/QUOTE]

I have some extra ones,

[quote name='deantjeep']Just ordered Empire of Ice from Amazon for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! After grabbing Dragons Peak off TRU.com last night, the kiddos are all set!

[quote name='shilo101']Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! After grabbing Dragons Peak off TRU.com last night, the kiddos are all set![/QUOTE]

You are welcome! Glad to see another CAG get in on this.

[quote name='deantjeep']You are welcome! Glad to see another CAG get in on this.[/QUOTE]

Totally! By the time I made it to Toys R Us this morning, the fat guys in Geo Metros had picked all of the Legendays off the shelves, and there were no Prism Breaks, so I figured the day was a bust. You rock.

[quote name='shilo101']Totally! By the time I made it to Toys R Us this morning, the fat guys in Geo Metros had picked all of the Legendays off the shelves, and there were no Prism Breaks, so I figured the day was a bust. You rock.[/QUOTE]

Shilo, funny you mentioned TRU. I was going to go there this morning too. I called them 5 minutes after opening and they already had 35 people in the store scrambling for all the Skylanders. They were getting cleaned out, probably by the resellers again. And you rock too!

[quote name='deantjeep']Shilo, funny you mentioned TRU. I was going to go there this morning too. I called them 5 minutes after opening and they already had 35 people in the store scrambling for all the Skylanders. They were getting cleaned out, probably by the resellers again. And you rock too![/QUOTE]

To be fair, I showed up 10 minutes before opening, saw a couple dozen people and bailed to check Target. When I waffled and went back to TRU, I was actually fairly pleased to see a handful of parents with kids walking out with their hands full.

I have nothing against the resellers, and it IS cool to see at least a few kiddos getting their hands on some packs.

My oldest (now 11) got the Wii and 3DS versions for his birthday. He seems to love the Wii version. I don't think he was thrilled with the 3DS version, but maybe it will grow on him. Now of course he wants to buy more characters.

What is the normal retail price for the single character packs? $7.99? Or are some supposed to be more than that?

Went to Toysrus today to pick up a Drobot. Guy said a woman came in yesterday bringing in a gold Skylander she got from Kmart asking about it. I was JUST at Kmart the day before! GAAAAAAAAAH!!

Out of curiosity I put a couple new Skylanders I bought today on the portal while still in the package and they worked. Has anyone bought a Skylander off a third party seller and found it was used? Just something I found amusing today.

A gal at our TRU swears up and down that they were selling the NY Toy Fair variant of Cynder a couple of weeks ago. She's totally bullshitting me, right?

[quote name='confoosious']normal retail is 8.99.[/QUOTE]
The guy at my local TRU said that right before X-mas the MSRP got raised to $8.99 and as he said "so in typical TRU fashion-we jack the price a buck more"

[quote name='CouRageouS']Out of curiosity I put a couple new Skylanders I bought today on the portal while still in the package and they worked. Has anyone bought a Skylander off a third party seller and found it was used? Just something I found amusing today.[/QUOTE]

I've heard stories of leveled up skylanders on shelves. Since it's clearly designed to be able to work through the package it's not surprising some have tried this.

My Walmart was stacked this moring with a shit load of skylanders. A bunch of singles and a bunch of 3 packs. This is the most I've ever seen them stocked with. They were setting up a huge cardboard display for all of them. Just a heads up for anyone that may be running by WM today.

[quote name='Brother Daz']My Walmart was stacked this moring with a shit load of skylanders. A bunch of singles and a bunch of 3 packs. This is the most I've ever seen them stocked with. They were setting up a huge cardboard display for all of them. Just a heads up for anyone that may be running by WM today.[/QUOTE] cool thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the display. Was gonna hit up the three stores right next to my work here in a bit

They were setting it up right next to the electronics registers. Right where you see the big displays for new movies, its really big you cant miss it.

[quote name='Mr. bubble']Did you see any Lightning Rods or Zooks at WM?[/QUOTE]
Sadly no, off hand if I can remember right they had:
Cynder, Hex, Drobot, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Stump Smash, Flame Slinger, Chop Chop, Bash, Zap, Eruptor, and a few others I cant remember right now. the 3 packs were, Drobot/Flame Slinger/Stump Smash, Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant and Wrecking ball/Stealth Elf/ Sonic boom.

No adventure packs

I grabbed the Drobot 3 pack and the wrecking ball 3 pack for the boy. I'm going to try and sell of my doubles of Flame Slinger and Stealth Elf

[quote name='Brother Daz']Sadly no, off hand if I can remember right they had:
Cynder, Hex, Drobot, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, Stump Smash, Flame Slinger, Chop Chop, Bash, Zap, Eruptor, and a few others I cant remember right now. the 3 packs were, Drobot/Flame Slinger/Stump Smash, Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant and Wrecking ball/Stealth Elf/ Sonic boom.

No adventure packs

I grabbed the Drobot 3 pack and the wrecking ball 3 pack for the boy. I'm going to try and sell of my doubles of Flame Slinger and Stealth Elf[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you a new and unused Cynder for a Stealth Elf if you want, I can't really be arsed Ebaying it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Out of curiosity I put a couple new Skylanders I bought today on the portal while still in the package and they worked. Has anyone bought a Skylander off a third party seller and found it was used? Just something I found amusing today.[/QUOTE]

Yes

I used to see ebay postings advertising the fact the characters were sealed, leveled, and had a certain amount of gold on them.

[quote name='Brother Daz']My Walmart was stacked this moring with a shit load of skylanders. A bunch of singles and a bunch of 3 packs. This is the most I've ever seen them stocked with. They were setting up a huge cardboard display for all of them. Just a heads up for anyone that may be running by WM today.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I called mine and they were expecting a truck so I'll check it out tomorrow and hope they didn't get it and completely sell out of them. Empire of Ice was in stock again a little while ago at Amazon so I finally grabbed one. I WAS going to offer to pick up Dragon's Peak from my Toysrus for any CAG's but I didn't have more money when I got mine. Went back the next day and they were all out. Anyone have a list of what guys are out right now? Curious who I'm missing. I'll Google it I guess

[quote name='jedifrog21']Anyone have a list of what guys are out right now? Curious who I'm missing. I'll Google it I guess[/QUOTE]

Everything is out except Warnado, Camo, and Wham Shell. So if you have the poster or the back of your starter pack box you can see what you might be missing.

Off the top of my head:

Magic: Spyro, Wrecking Ball, Double Trouble, Voodood
Life: Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, ???
Air: Whirlwind, Lightning Rod, Sonic Boom
Earth: Terrafin, Prism Break, Bash, Dino-Rang
Fire: Eruptor, Ignitor, Flameslinger, Sunburn
Death: Hex, Cynder, Chop Chop, Ghost Roaster
Tech: Trigger Happy, Boomer, Drill Sargeant, Drobot
Water: Gill Grunt, Zap, Slam Bam

Italics indicate ones only available in Adventure packs.

Damn - without looking at a box I can't remember the 3rd life guy... But I think I got all the rest on there.

Edit: Oh, duh, it's Zook! He was so new I forgot him!

All we're missing is Ignitor - waiting patiently for Amazon or Fred Meyer to get that one... But I can say this, my son is rapidly losing interest in the game. Even with the 3 new characters and Dragon's Peak level in the last few days he hasn't been playing daily like he used to. He's moved on to Rayman Origins.

yeah io, for the money i put on this im making my kids play it for a long time, lol.
my daughter keeps playing sr3, and im like, no more pimpn that ride, you gotta go back to skylanders and level your characters and play with the new ones! lol

they are like daddy, please don't flip this game, and im like, nope, no point in doing that yet, so just keep playing, this is a keeper, but also don't burnout on it. lol

they could play lbp forever tho, so i love kids attention spans.

[quote name='io']Everything is out except Warnado, Camo, and Wham Shell. So if you have the poster or the back of your starter pack box you can see what you might be missing.

Off the top of my head:

Magic: Spyro, Wrecking Ball, Double Trouble, Voodood
Life: Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, ???
Air: Whirlwind, Lightning Rod, Sonic Boom
Earth: Terrafin, Prism Break, Bash, Dino-Rang
Fire: Eruptor, Ignitor, Flameslinger, Sunburn
Death: Hex, Cynder, Chop Chop, Ghost Roaster
Tech: Trigger Happy, Boomer, Drill Sargeant, Drobot
Water: Gill Grunt, Zap, Slam Bam

Italics indicate ones only available in Adventure packs.

Damn - without looking at a box I can't remember the 3rd life guy... But I think I got all the rest on there.

Edit: Oh, duh, it's Zook! He was so new I forgot him!

All we're missing is Ignitor - waiting patiently for Amazon or Fred Meyer to get that one... But I can say this, my son is rapidly losing interest in the game. Even with the 3 new characters and Dragon's Peak level in the last few days he hasn't been playing daily like he used to. He's moved on to Rayman Origins.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I need the new ones and Ignitor, Lightning Rod, and Zook. Only Legendary I have is Trigger Happy. Not bad for someone that started when I got the starter pack for $35 haha. Idk if it's ok to ask, but if people have those I'm looking for( or can get them) and need any I have, message me. I'll keep a look out for what my stores have.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'll trade you a new and unused Cynder for a Stealth Elf if you want, I can't really be arsed Ebaying it.[/QUOTE]
Damn I actually just bought cynder the other day (should be delivered today) or I would have done this. I would have sold it to you for $10 shipped but I had it listed on ebay and it sold late last night. Sorry I didnt see your post until today.

bread's done
Back