SKATE. - Go Skate Now >_< - Vote for CAG Videos to Help for Achevements

I found the demo to be pretty fun. The controls will need a LOT of time to get used too. I could not grind anything...although, I guess it is about "Timing"

Um what about the mountain of glitches their games consistanly have...or the crappy online servers...or price raping..or taking 3 months to patch things...o wait thats how the developers of Mlb 2k are

Anyone able to see their videos that they have uploaded? I uploaded one, but whenever I log in, it just takes me back to the login screen and not to my videos.

[quote name='AK85']Anyone able to see their videos that they have uploaded? I uploaded one, but whenever I log in, it just takes me back to the login screen and not to my videos.[/QUOTE]

don't worry, I have the same problem. Give it a few days and all should be good.

man, i really want to like this game, but at times the control scheme/camera are so fucking hard to get used to. I would much rather just prefer THPS controls

Late to the party as always, but I played the demo a couple times on day 1 and... wow! I was a little skeptical about how they'd be able to pull it off, but it just feels so natural and real. The controls make a lot of sense and afford the opportunity to do everything you could imagine with a little skill and practice.

I was frustrated at first with some of the trick mechanisms. Pulling off some of the more refined movements to lead to bigger flip tricks is pretty hard, as was flipping into and out of a manual, but the sense of satisfaction I got from doing it was greater than pulling off some ridiculous combo or classic challenge from the Hawk games.

Definitely keeping my pre-order for this one, and while I'll certainly be playing the new Hawk, I can see Skate becoming a passion versus Hawk being a pastime.

I want the 900 in this game. Why? Idk. But if they have it in they need to make it the most impossible trick to do.

Also, I found griding rails somewhat hard to do. The game isn't very forgiving when it comes to bails. Really realistic. I would drop some money on this game.

I didn't like it but I'm no skater and the last Tony Hawk game I played was number 2. The low camera angle and the built-in ads put me off as well.

I didn't even notice or care about the ads. They're just there. And it's not even like it's ads that don't have anything to do with skate culture. The only part that I thought was ridiculous was P.Rod's entrance.

Also, P.Rod was just in Project 8.....guess we won't see him in another Tony Hawk game...

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I want the 900 in this game. Why? Idk. But if they have it in they need to make it the most impossible trick to do.

Also, I found griding rails somewhat hard to do. The game isn't very forgiving when it comes to bails. Really realistic. I would drop some money on this game.[/QUOTE]

it's in there... you just need enough air to pull it off.

I liked the demo, but didn't really want to "train" to beat some of the tougher challenges late in this trial version. Definitely rental worthy, I bet the achievements are going to be a blast.

I absolutely LOVE this demo; I've already played through it three or four times. This will probably be a day one purchase for me. I can't believe EA (of all companies!) has created the most original skating game in years.

EDIT: Oh yeah, when exactly in September is this coming out?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I absolutely LOVE this demo; I've already played through it three or four times. This will probably be a day one purchase for me. I can't believe EA (of all companies!) has created the most original skating game in years.

EDIT: Oh yeah, when exactly in September is this coming out?[/QUOTE]

10th... 19th...? I can't remember...

I have been doing the same... played the demo more and more... it reminds me of when the THPS2 demo came out I played it endlessly... I'm about as hooked to this as I was to THPS2's one level demo back whenever...

I hope the video upload section stats working soon... I wanna show a decent line I pulled off a day or two ago.

[quote name='GenDV138']I'm definitely buying this game when it comes out, reminds me of Thrasher on PS1. [/QUOTE]

glad to hear someone else bring up thrasher, thats what i immediately thought of with this game, and after playing the demo id say its even more realistic than thrasher. the only complaint i have, and maybe this will be changed in the full game, is i think the controls would be more intuitive (for me at least) if the analog sticks were swapped.

I was shocked by how good this demo was, and yet, I didn't really care for it. I found it too hard to control. Now, I know that's just my weak gameplay skills, so I don't really fault the game. I also didn't like the camera angle. Oh well, it's a stunning achievement for those who will like it. It feels more real than the TOny Hawk games, even if I don't find it as fun (and to be fair, for years those games weren't fun...I'm looking at your Underground). Still, it isn't the game for me. For those who can get into it, it's going to be a godsend.

I just can't get into this. For the life of me, I can't even get the guy to ollie properly.

Also, EA's "fisheye" cam is really driving me crazy. Skate is the second game to use this cam where they black out the corners of the screen.

See I actually didn't mind the camera it gave it that authentic feeling. I will admit lining up my grinds is sorta a pain in the ass with that camera though.

just played the demo today. i enjoyed it. its cool playin a new skateboarding game. felt like the 1st time i played Tony Hawk 1.

Finally got a chance to play the demo, reminds so much of Thrasher on PS1.

I really enjoyed the authentic camera and tricks, but I have too many games to buy this fall.

I think I can get just as much enjoyment out of the 30 minute demo. Definitely staying on my hard drive.

Played the demo twice and all it did was actually reinvigorate me love of TH games. In fact, I think I'm finally ready to go give THP8 a try, or at least play through THUG again.

Not knocking the game btw, as I found the controls to be unique and the visuals to be drop dead gorgeous, but I just don't have the patience to sit down and play a watered-down TH game.

I just played this, and I found the controls to be a little unintuitive. It made me realize that part of the awesomeness of Tony Hawk was how intuitive the controls were. I can't even ollie right in this. I like only having to hold one button and releasing it to jump.

I definitely had more fun the 2nd time on the demo once I kind of had the hang of the controls. I keep pulling a Moore tho and hitting the pause button because my finger slips off the end of the analog stick. I definitely agree with the poster above that the camera angle makes lining up grinds a pain in the ass. I'm still on the fence about getting this because most of the time i feel like it's hit or miss if im lined up correctly because im looking up from the ground.

After playing this demo a LOT more, and figuring out how to do some cool shit, I have decided to plunk down some cash on skate. I can't believe EA has made such a bad ass game!

EDIT: Any word on online multiplayer?

[quote name='zewone']Finally got a chance to play the demo, reminds so much of Thrasher on PS1.[/quote]

Which is not bad, not bad at all. I still have my copy of Thrasher. I bought it when it came out, full price at $49.99, never regretted it.

I'm getting better at this. It's much more rewarding pulling off a trick than in Tony Hawk. The physics on this is unreal. I'm with you guys, I will probably be picking this one up.

WHOA just discovered a CHRIST AIR!

When you launch hold down RT (not sure if it matters) and hold B you will pull your board away for a Christ air!

the game i feel will probably be glitchy(EA is known for releasing poorly tested games) being someone who skates I am annoyed that with the whole physics system, the only time I can get off my board is by doing a tweak which is super lame. I mean like if you see a nice ledge you'd want to get off your board and setup(walkup-and position) on the desired area, also how the characters lifelessly like ragdolls run into each other where in skating needs to be fixed. When skating collisions are more likely to happen when both players move at higher speeds not starting out.

This game comes off as a cross between NBA LIVE(ugly models, not fluid at times,) and them trying to bite off the THPS brand.

I was lucky last night and pulled off a Wallride... crazy stuff... if my video uploads you guys will be able to see it.

also, yes. There is online mode. I think it's roughly 4 people online at once or more.

Hmm. Skate turned one of my momanual st favorite things to do ( grinds ) into something that I hate. Why is it so damned hard to aim and time it up? Also, manuals seem pretty ridiculous too. It's like, what amount of force do you need to do a manual instead of setting up for an ollie?

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Hmm. Skate turned one of my momanual st favorite things to do ( grinds ) into something that I hate. Why is it so damned hard to aim and time it up? Also, manuals seem pretty ridiculous too. It's like, what amount of force do you need to do a manual instead of setting up for an ollie?[/quote]They're trying to make the game more realistic, and sticking a grind is a lot harder than ust pressing Y or *triangle*. also, doing a manual is hard.

I have played the demo over 3 times now. I love it, even though it is just the demo level. I got tired of TH since like the fourth one. The basic game never changed! Every release was an expansion, with new boards, levels, etc. Finally a change. This shows just a portion of how hard it is just to land a "simple" three trick line. It releases right before my birthday, so I got it all planned out already. Going to play it again right now...

Manuals became easier for me. My highest was 410 thanks to the nearby pool, which keep me swaying back and forward as I held the manual. Manuals aren't as hard as on THPS, though.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Manuals became easier for me. My highest was 410 thanks to the nearby pool, which keep me swaying back and forward as I held the manual. Manuals aren't as hard as on THPS, though.[/QUOTE]

Manuals aren't as hard, but like real skating, landing in a manual is still hard as nails though I can pull it off.

Also grinding is pretty easy. I've learned alot how to aim the board mid-air with the right stick. Pulling off successful bluntslides is so nice!

I cant wait to do some luge racing...Pressing both triggers and laying down then racing down a hill. I figured out if you press the flick stick to the right or left at first rather than straight down then flick it in different directions you can pull of a hardflip and something else

bread's done
Back