SKATE. - Go Skate Now >_< - Vote for CAG Videos to Help for Achevements

oh wow... didn't realize it but you can do late flip tricks!

basically do a ollie or flip trick, then do the motion for a flip trick to do the late version of it... ie. do a nollie (up then down) then mid air, do a late kickflip (ie. the same motion for a grounded ollie... down then forward up).... It definitly makes tricks alot more fancy... and impressive :)

I love this game. I'll be picking it up day one. Its what THPS should've been five years ago.

THPS gets more unrealistic with each edition. For example the Christ Air was a special move in the third one. Then next year you could do it after gaining a lot of speed in a half-pipe. Then the next year you could do it off a kicker. Last installment I could do a 540 Christ Air just by hitting a ollie of flat ground. I really enjoy Skate and its going to make THPS9 a rental for me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh wow... didn't realize it but you can do late flip tricks!

basically do a ollie or flip trick, then do the motion for a flip trick to do the late version of it... ie. do a nollie (up then down) then mid air, do a late kickflip (ie. the same motion for a grounded ollie... down then forward up).... It definitly makes tricks alot more fancy... and impressive :)[/quote]

I just noticed this a few hours ago too.

[quote name='CYRiX']How do you manual? Grinding is probably the funnest thing for me to do.[/QUOTE]

Ask Jason Dill.

I've been playing this demo nonstop, it's so damn fun! THPS, which I've been playing since number 1, seems so amateur compared to skate. Hopefully the video portion goes online soon.

Game contorls well and will help revitalize the genre.

I hated how when you met pros it showed close-ups of their gear with an advertisement. That really remined me that it's an EA game, but if you avoid that nonsense, that game was much more rewarding that TH.

[quote name='MemphisGun']Guys my friend did a went into coffin in mid-air and did a flip. we replayed that thing like 400 times![/quote]
that has happened to me too.

Also, can someone please tell me how to land in a manual, i have tried sooo many times for that, and i cant get it

[quote name='RudyPants']Game contorls well and will help revitalize the genre.

I hated how when you met pros it showed close-ups of their gear with an advertisement. That really remined me that it's an EA game, but if you avoid that nonsense, that game was much more rewarding that TH.[/QUOTE]

It relates to skating culture... one of the sides to it. Personally I think it's a great touch for skating fans, but I can see how very "EA" it is...

the game is great to play on custom soundtracks... Jurrasic 5 and the Rushmore soundtrack really make the game feel great when skating... heck, anything feels good to skate to.

as for manuals, just do your trick and before landing press the stick barely up or down... now that's easy. Try landing a manual twice in a row in the same line...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the game is great to play on custom soundtracks... Jurrasic 5 and the Rushmore soundtrack really make the game feel great when skating... heck, anything feels good to skate to.[/quote]

YES! i know exactly how you feel. Last time i played the demo i just turned it on just to skate around while listening to my streaming music. Not concentrating on where i was going or how many points, but just going with the flow of tricks. Im ready to play it again after this post.

[quote name='elsnow77']im not really likeing those[/QUOTE]

seems alot of it is focused around the community aspect of the game... who knows. it may work better than we think.

Yeah, I'm really not liking those. I'm somewhat of an achievement junkie and that's really going to turn me away from the game.

Thanks for posting the achievements, Ro. Looks like the one area that they dropped the ball on. Still, I expect to play the crap out of this, so maybe it'll be attainable. I wonder, though, if Halo 3 won't take a lot of the steam out of the on-line play...

Ugh, This achievement list finalizes the fact that I won't be getting this for full prices, unless people play the shit out of this game online.

Would you really not purchase a game because it doesn't have achievements you like?

What if a game didn't have achievements at all?

Why do you care about gamerscore?

I won't argue that it can be fun to rack up some achievements, but to influence whether or not you'll pay full price for a game... come on.

Yeah, some of those achievements look stupid, but I'll still pick the game up when it comes out since the demo has been a lot of fun.

[quote name='creeeaature']Would you really not purchase a game because it doesn't have achievements you like?

What if a game didn't have achievements at all?

Why do you care about gamerscore?

I won't argue that it can be fun to rack up some achievements, but to influence whether or not you'll pay full price for a game... come on.[/quote]

I'd still buy skate, it's just that the fun part about skate to me was just skating around. Not the challenges and everything else they had to offer. The achievements aren't what I expected. I wanted a " reach `800 feet manual" and a " Sucessful do a 900", things like that. But I didn't get that . I got your basic "beat all this" and " do all that" achievements. Those can still be fun, but I just saw so much possiblities.

Finally tried the demo out and I am rather impressed. Loving the control scheme, not loving the fact that I may have to buy another game...damn

[quote name='MemphisGun']Guys my friend did a went into coffin in mid-air and did a flip. we replayed that thing like 400 times![/QUOTE]

Really easy RT+LT+B= coffin. You can even luge down into the bowl.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone figure out how to do a rocket yet? seems like it's the hardest trick to pull...

my guess is that it's LT+RT+ something+something[/quote]

I believe its LT+RT+Down+B

The achievments are tedious, not the type I expected either from the style of this skateboard game. They are THPS style achievements. I fully endorse a game that "awesome combos" and "points battles" are not part of the game. skate has a much better feeling of how skating actually exists, but only partly gets rid of the "scoreing" aspect.

Just tried the demo last night .... Rolento, you were right, they nailed this thing to a T!!!! I can't see dropping $60 on it, but I'd definately pick it up as a DOTD from Amazon; I like this MUCH better than what I played of Tony Hawk.

Okay after playing hours on in of this game. It deffentily has some very good qualitys as well as bad ones. The game does do justice to a skating genre , but some of the controls make things way to hard to do. Pushing x or a while you skate is kind of a pain. I think the game is overally good my spelling it horrible right now cause im so tired, though i don't really care. The game is not a 60.00 buy for me ,but neither is any tony hawk game or many games for that reason. I do deffenitly check out the whole game though at maybe a 40-45 price tag though.

[quote name='Bazz']Okay after playing hours on in of this game. It deffentily has some very good qualitys as well as bad ones. The game does do justice to a skating genre , but some of the controls make things way to hard to do. Pushing x or a while you skate is kind of a pain. I think the game is overally good my spelling it horrible right now cause im so tired, though i don't really care. The game is not a 60.00 buy for me ,but neither is any tony hawk game or many games for that reason. I do deffenitly check out the whole game though at maybe a 40-45 price tag though.[/QUOTE]

the button pressing for pushing your board to move makes perfect sense and works:

it's so you can get the speed you want when you need it, and you don't have to always be accidentally moving forward all the time when trying to line up lines (ala THPS). It's like saying you want to go skating but the board does all the pushing.

The only problems I have with the game are the glitches and sometimes I have trouble pulling off kickflips and heelflips (but, I can bust double heel and triple kicks all the time. strange).

But, I do play it many times a day, which is says something about this game.

[quote name='Maynard']Dude that was TITS, it actually made me say that out loud and I dont remember the last time I said tits and not referring to a nice set of cans. I love the wallride at the end man. Wow that seriously was wow.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised that I pulled it off... wasn't expecting it to be so clean >_<

also, I put a ton of work into the editing if you didn't notice ;) thx for the compliments :)

I still can't get this online skate. reel to work.

it says I need to link my account by either going to https: //profile.ea.com/ (which doesn't work)

or upload a video and then they are supposed to send you an email to accept, but I never get no email, and I have uploaded about 3 different videos.

[quote name='mr ryles']I still can't get this online skate. reel to work.

it says I need to link my account by either going to https: //profile.ea.com/ (which doesn't work)

or upload a video and then they are supposed to send you an email to accept, but I never get no email, and I have uploaded about 3 different videos.[/QUOTE]

see if you can sign in to ea during the demo... just pause the game and I think in options it'll allow you to do so... from there I think you request EA to verify your e-mail or something...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']see if you can sign in to ea during the demo... just pause the game and I think in options it'll allow you to do so... from there I think you request EA to verify your e-mail or something...[/QUOTE]
will do. I'll probably play the demo later tonight.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice...

I think people though are forgetting how awesome the editing tools are.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't really want to mess with it too much (time consuming).

I just added a filter and slowed it down a bit.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, I didn't really want to mess with it too much (time consuming).

I just added a filter and slowed it down a bit.[/QUOTE]

the ending was the highlight for me... good stuff!

also... testing:

dAw-LwAAAADXR31SAQB8AA.JPG

if you can see it it's just me mid air hitting the d-pad to pose.

bread's done
Back