SNES Classic Discussion Thread

It opens at 8:00 as well, but someone on here gave me a hard time about not lining up on launch day to "get a ticket" which apparently could be redeemed within three hours of opening. Sounds like ymmv, but if it's pretty much a sure thing, then I can probably go into work late and make up the time by staying late at the end of the day. Just depends on what's going on that day.
That was Best Buy. I don't think Target does that.

Once I went to target and the sliced cheese was moldy.
giphy.gif

My 2 separate amazon orders that were never given an arrival date like others but asked me to approve the delays just shipped out of nowhere and will be arriving tomorrow.  Surprise stock at amazon like target?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the guys adding games to your snes classic, I keep reading how easy it is, what USB cord do I need to get and where does it plug into? The controller port?

No I don't have any USB cords for my pic, just things like mouse, keyboard, the USB for the Xbox 360 wireless controller and that's it, I was asking a serious question, a regular USB cord will work?

I don't want to get the wrong one on amazon( or Best Buy or whatnot) and where does it plug into? The controller port?

Oh sweet, just plug that into my computer and follow the instructions? I thought it was purely a power cord, but I guess that is how they loaded the games in the first place

Got a notice from Amazon today saying I had to approve to keep waiting... Of course I approved, but you all need to check your email if you're still waiting from Amazon!

god Walmart and gamestop employees are dumb. not even one knew what extension cables were for the snes mini. gamestop guy tried to bribe me with wireless controllers I left the store and got one st best but the last one

The reactions I have gotten when asking Target electronics employees if they have these is not what I was expecting. I thought they'd be annoyed from being asked so much. One guy didn't know what it was and he had to ask someone else if they had any. Today I received a blank stare and then the girl said "Go to groupon. You can get everything there. Probably cheaper too. I'm serious. They have everything."

went to gamestop to use my gift card that my friend got me for my birthday. they had 1 left of the 12 they got yesterday so I got it for my niece for xmas. I was lucky enough to give her a nes classic as well.

The reactions I have gotten when asking Target electronics employees if they have these is not what I was expecting. I thought they'd be annoyed from being asked so much. One guy didn't know what it was and he had to ask someone else if they had any. Today I received a blank stare and then the girl said "Go to groupon. You can get everything there. Probably cheaper too. I'm serious. They have everything."
After not seeing any on the shelves, I went straight to customer service, showed them the product page from the Target App, and the lady looked it up and said they had them in stock. I told her there weren't any on the shelves, so she called the warehouse to bring one out. A few minutes later a guy from the warehouse brings her an SNES Classic hidden in a small cardboard box, and she rang me up. It definitely seems like Target is trying not to put these out on the shelves right now.

I grabbed one at the Cheltenham, PA Target at around 8pm this evening.  I called and they reserved it for me at Guest Services.  They said that they have 6 left.  Hope this helps someone out on here.

#NoScalpers

After not seeing any on the shelves, I went straight to customer service, showed them the product page from the Target App, and the lady looked it up and said they had them in stock. I told her there weren't any on the shelves, so she called the warehouse to bring one out. A few minutes later a guy from the warehouse brings her an SNES Classic hidden in a small cardboard box, and she rang me up. It definitely seems like Target is trying not to put these out on the shelves right now.
I'm sure that they have their reasons for holding them hostage, but it's pretty annoying to me to have to irritate employees just to buy one, and I'm sure that the employees are in a weird situation when they have to pretend not to have them. I don't get it though. Will they really make that much money by whatever scheme they have for drip feeding these? Maybe they sell a bit more once people are in the store? I just go straight to electronics and then leave, but I have to admit that I almost impulse bought a mega man lanyard despite the fact that I've never wanted one and have no use for it. Still, when they have 6 or 12 why do they care? Just put them on the counter and upsell people with extension cords etc.

Brickseek showed 7 at nearby walmart and 2-4 at a few other walmarts.

Ran by and grabbed one. They only had 1 on the shelf and the clueless employee had no clue if they had any others. 1 hour later a brickseek still shows 7... not sure how often it updates the site.

Got one for my nephew who is the perfect age to try out these awesome classic games.

Thanks for the heads up about the restock. On a whim, checked BS for my local WM, and they had just gotten 12 in overnight. Ran right out and grabbed 1 (the limit) after the Electronics manager retrieved them from the security room. Even he had no idea they had arrived.

Well the madness is over.  a dozen targets had them all afternoon and night yesterday, and eight of them in my area are still showing them in-stock this morning.  Would have been able to buy one with no issues at the store I stopped in last night.

Well the madness is over. a dozen targets had them all afternoon and night yesterday, and eight of them in my area are still showing them in-stock this morning. Would have been able to buy one with no issues at the store I stopped in last night.
Very encouraging. Which site did you use to check Target's stock?

Still shows limited availability online but I got a somewhat irritated "No we do not." response when I asked if they have any in stock. I had to dodge the person who told me last night to get one from Groupon. I'll probably focus on other stores for a while to avoid becoming the annoying guy who keeps showing up.

Still shows limited availability online but I got a somewhat irritated "No we do not." response when I asked if they have any in stock. I had to dodge the person who told me last night to get one from Groupon. I'll probably focus on other stores for a while to avoid becoming the annoying guy who keeps showing up.

Did you go to the customer service area and show them the product page from the Target App or website showing "limited stock" in that store? Don't bother with floor employees, none of them are going to help you out. Yesterday I checked the shelves, found nothing, so I went to customer service and asked them to get me one, which they did (they called the warehouse and had them bring one to CS).

Did you go to the customer service area and show them the product page from the Target App or website showing "limited stock" in that store? Don't bother with floor employees, none of them are going to help you out. Yesterday I checked the shelves, found nothing, so I went to customer service and asked them to get me one, which they did (they called the warehouse and had them bring one to CS).
I'll try that thanks.

Amazon preorders.

Mine showed Oct 24th and Oct 25th delivery dates. I went and changed the shipping address to a relative who wants one.

And the date changed to Oct 20th delivery date.

I went back and changed another order back and fourth from 2 addresses. And that order delivery date also changed to Oct 20th.

So now I will get them a few days earlier (but still 3 weeks late.)

No target within 100 miles of me has it in stock. Local gamestop had a flyer on their front door this morning with the words sold out on it.

I was at the Walmart on Story Road in San Jose, CA today. Was browsing the electronics and noticed there was s sign up at the register that they'll have snes classics for sale on the 20th. Checked brickseek for fun and noticed there were 18 in stock so I asked the rep. According to him, they got shipment but they're not selling till the 20th. Lol FYI in case anyone wants to keep trying at that Walmart.

I think most of the targets that still show limited availability will be holding them for that 20th "event" so very ymmv if you get an employee who won't deny the stock. Some stores probably sold a few of the recent shipment but won't sell the rest.

same at my target, called them last night and this morning that they have 26 units on their system but they are sold out.

I think my best bet will be walmart. There are about ten within an hour drive, it's easy to check the stock online, seems like they aren't hiding them like Target, and at this point I'm fine with driving an hour of it puts an end to the time and effort I'm spending.

Sorry I hope I'm not being annoying here by posting too much, but is there a way to check GameStop stock that is better than zoolert? There are several in my area, but zoolert just says "out of stock" without listing the individual locations.

12 seems to be the magic number 

A  target   about 18 miles away got a shipment in.   7501 baltimore ave college park   They have 10 left.  it a target express.  even the employee didn't know they sold em the manager knew I guess becausshe handled the inventory.  Good luck

Checked my local WMs and Target yesterday morning... WM here is a completely shitshow, none is sight and the employees were basically oxygen theirs but finally found one that said they didn't get any more after the initial batch. 

My Target (which showed limited stock) said they received a extra shipment a day earlier but sold the last one just before I came in. They were helpful and told me two Targets nearby had some on stock and would call to have them hold it for me but both were pretty far and not worth the drive in traffic. 

Gotta start traveling for work starting next week so odds are so at this point, I likely won't be getting one until next year since I'm sure this'll still be a hot holiday item. 

theres also some like new and very good at amazon for 130 right now
A lot of people express they didn't like the SNES classic on various forums and sites.

I guess people are trying to sell them back now.

Funny enough I seen one review giving it a low rating because the graphics were bad and no one cared to play the games with them.

bread's done
Back