snes classic O F F I C I A L thread

Walked in and out of Walmart in a little hillbilly town and got the last one just now. They said they started with 12 and this one was left because someone’s credit card got the Declined and never got put back out.

my Snes Classic was last seen in Tempe AZ at 9:42pm est on Sept 26th about 2400 miles away.

did i make a mistake by canceling the 2nd one? i saw on facebook ppl were selling it for $300

Local Walmart had 35 in stock. Handed out tickets. Got #23. Super stocked now just 30 mins before they open. Not as bad as expected if you get out there an hour or more before open.

I'm already seeing Buy It Now listings for this on Ebay as low as $149.  I have a feeling there are going to be plenty of these floating around.  I guess I'll bide my time for now.

I'm already seeing Buy It Now listings for this on Ebay as low as $149. I have a feeling there are going to be plenty of these floating around. I guess I'll bide my time for now.
It will probably be like the Switch. People hoarding them only for them to beg people to buy from them.

woke up late and got to target ~ 7:40 am (open at 7) and was able to walk in and buy it with 13th left out of 42 on brickseek. :D

The Walmart I went to had 80. I’d say there was about 40 people ahead of me. Got here at 4:30am for the 6am opening.

Went to target before work this morning in and out in under 5 minutes no line. Plenty of stock. This is in PA.

Got to the Wal-Mart in elk grove ca (elk grove blvd and 99) at 5:30. The line was 11 deep. They handed out tickets to the first 10 around 4 AM. Some lady trying to sell her ticket for $400. Got inside, turns out they had 12 -- six to a box I guess. Got pretty lucky. There were about 10 people behind me who left empty-handed.

A friend and I showed up about 5:45am, we were number 9 and 10, my target got more than 50. I am super happy i got one without much trouble. now hopefully when the nes classic comes back it will be the same, and we need Sega to do one of these too.

Got to GS 5 minutes before they opened and waited in line for like 10 minutes and was able to get one fairly easily (although I live in the boons)

I was really surprised that Prime Now and my local Fred Meyer turned out to be a bust. Still, got orders from Amazon UK, Target, and ThinkGeek (from last night) so I got all the ones I needed for the holidays.

Went to a Target that Brickseek showed (and still shows) as having 10, but they were sold out. Went to Best Buy on a whim and got #40/60.

Just wondering if anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon has seen anything or contacted Amazon? My order still says

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Just got mine after many hours of waiting. This POS scalper was trying to cut in line saying, "I need to get to work in an hour". It was satisfying seeing him get a ticket for parking in the handicapped spot and losing his place in line.

Just got a notification that the Amazon Treasure Truck in Seattle had some in stock and ordered. Picking up during my lunch

TRU had 6 units for a total of 25 ppl in line... glad they won't be around much longer with that much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting after what Nintendo execs were saying about producing more for this model. I was able to walk into my Target about 20 minutes after open and they had several at customer service. At least two more left and I was last in line.

Walked in to Target at 8:05 and out 15 minutes later. Not difficult. The amount of moms buying it just because there is a line LMAO

Missed it by one at a local Gamestop in Fort Lauderdale this morning.  Now I am in doubt whether I will be able to get one at all.

Yea. It's still early, but so far everything about the this seems almost the same as the NES classic from the preorder madness to the lines/shortages. We'll see what the scalper prices look like after today.
Not even close. The quantities in each store are multiples of what was available for the NES classic. I'm seeing very few reports of people who made some minimal effort coming away empty handed.

When I went to pick up my preorder at the South Brunswick, NJ Best Buy they still had some available. This was at 10:45am.

Not even close. The quantities in each store are multiples of what was available for the NES classic. I'm seeing very few reports of people who made some minimal effort coming away empty handed.
Yeah, I think NES Classic with the first initial release I think the most a store had was maybe two or three cases. The fact that some stores are getting over 20-60 is no where near the problems the NES Classic had at launch.

I got an order in in France, it will have every game I English, right? I think Nintendo said that they would with the same games also as the US version

I ordered one from Game.co.uk which is on it's way now. Always wanted the Famicon style look. Shortly after posting Game said the item could not be sold outside of UK but it looks like they honored my earlier order.

I'm going to bed.. maybe there will be one at my local Best Buy later today, on my way to work? Ahaha nah.

I was able to get one at Target without any hassle this morning. I was 37 out the 40 they received. Definitely a much better stock issue all around retailers than the NES Classic release. Now the real question will be is how many re stocks will occur before Christmas and how many will be in those re stocks. I know the Target I go to, probably only received 40 NES Classics throughout it's lifespan so hopefully with this initial stock issue being good, it continues.

I forgot this was out today, and sure as fuck wasn't going to go out super early to get one, so it's good to know the stock is much better. I'll pick one up if it's available with minimal effort.

also RIP Twitter, again

Hopefully, the NES Classic re-release goes just like this one.

I was lucky today. I got to Target at 6:50 (store opened at 7am) and was able to get a ticket. I thought that they opened at 8 am so I rushed out the door at 6:40 am. Lol. There were still about 20 people behind me with tickets after I paid.

Next time, i'll actually try to get a pre-order at GS.

Nintendo NYC had hundreds. I got one no issue and I was prolly 200th in line

I was able to get one from Walmart without any issues after arriving at 5:30am for 7am open. Saw a guy cut in front of others and then asked to buy another at the counter and was denied so he got in line again. Hopefully the reps at the counter denied him a second unit knowing there are others in line who haven't gotten one. F this guy.

Amazon won't ship your order but they will fill up a taco truck full of SNES Classics to sell to flippers in the street.

Got mine at Bestbuy this morning, went at 6:45 am was supposed to give out tickets at 7am but they didn't give  them out until 8 am then had to go back at 9 am when the store opened to buy it. They had 30 and I was 13

bread's done
Back