snes classic O F F I C I A L thread

Got super lucky I got the last 1 at my BB today after lunchtime. I've gotten to know one of the employees and we chat about gaming every time I'm there. When he saw me, he offered me the last one in the cage. I thought he was kidding. But he wasn't. After I bought it, one of the geek squad guys came by asking where the last one was. Apparently they had about 5 in the back from a late shipment and were told not to advertise it or whatever.

Scored 2 SNES Classic today at Target (Limited 2 per house hold per person). 39 unites in stock and It sold out so quickly.  Stopped by bestbuy after 8:10pm and scored 1 ticket for later pick up.  Drove to different town 15 minutes away and get everything done around 9AM.  On my way home stopped at bestbuy closed to 9 AM and get 1 ticket.  Hang out and play Pokemon Go little bit (took down 2 Raikous and few Gyms) go back and picked my SNES, lol  Better than NES Classic madness.  Now if i able to Hack 1 SNES is GOLDEN :)

Yessss 

DK7Ef64VYAA46YB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well it does look like these wont be hard to get - which IS what Nintendo promised, so good on them. 

Although I should probably wait till after the Christmas season to reserve judgment.

They had a ton more of these than NES classic. I stopped at Toys R Us at exactly 9am (opening) and lucked out being the 35th person in line when they had 35 consoles. I then took a shot at the Gamestop in the mall by me (which opened at 10am). Only 8 people in line at 9:15ish and hung out til they opened and got another. I think they had 12-14 for sale that weren't preorders. I'm not selling the 2nd one, I think I'm giving it to my nephews (10 & 12) for Christmas so they can learn some real gaming lol. 

well it does look like these wont be hard to get - which IS what Nintendo promised, so good on them.

Although I should probably wait till after the Christmas season to reserve judgment.
Hard enough to get to annoy fans, easy enough to get take me reselling a waste of effort (current ebay profit is under $20 per). Nintendo knows how to screw everyone over. Kind of funny.

I saw about 14 of these at my Target but passed up on it as there are only 21 games. Instead I bought some hot wheels which was what I came to buy. I didn't even know they released this today. Right before I left, there were only three left. Most likely scalpers bought them or collectors. These seem to be easier to get than the NES. Don't feel bad if you don't get one. Remember, there is the Switch as well.

Picked mine at the Amazon truck NYC.  I even got corner 100 point slot in the bean bag toss game and got a free collectable poster.  I wonder what happens if you get the 100 point slot with all 3x bags.

Lotta people are getting multiples I see... just got out of work, not even gonna bother trying to find one since it seems like stores are being lax with these and have likely been sold out for a while. 

Well I called Amazon and asked why they haven't shipped my SNES Classic yet. Long story short I got $30 off my order. Now I just need to wait till Oct.11 (hopefully) when they ship it. Which is fine. I have a retropie.

Scalping is nowhere near as good as it was for the NES. That cost $60 plus tax and I remember getting $225 on ebay! The SNES costs $80 plus tax and they're already down to $150 on ebay. There are over 5000 on ebay right now, lol. We'll probably see it hit 120-130 over the weekend.

Scalping is nowhere near as good as it was for the NES. That cost $60 plus tax and I remember getting $225 on ebay! The SNES costs $80 plus tax and they're already down to $150 on ebay. There are over 5000 on ebay right now, lol. We'll probably see it hit 120-130 over the weekend.
agree, resale value of these will not be as high as the nes classic. Initial release stock was high compared to the nes, plus it seems like the snes will be produced into 2018 so it shouldnt be difficult to pick one up in the coming months

Out of curiosity, I checked the stock in my area via BestBuy and Gamestop's "Pick Up in Store" thing. Every store in my city (three Gamestops, one BB) still has stock.

I personally have no interest in one, but I'm glad Nintendo upped its game and these aren't impossible to get at MSRP.

They probably won't even get that.

I just went to ebay and the only systems with bids are at or below market value or slightly above.

Which is awesome. fuck the scalpers.

Yeah, I think this one will be easy-ish. Nintendo NYC was loaded and I picked up a second one from the Amazon trucks (as a gift for Xmas). 

I was lucky you enough to get a second. Sold to a person happy to pay 160. Can't believe people are selling for 300. I do hope there are more shipments and that those people get screwed

Out of curiosity, I checked the stock in my area via BestBuy and Gamestop's "Pick Up in Store" thing. Every store in my city (three Gamestops, one BB) still has stock.

I personally have no interest in one, but I'm glad Nintendo upped its game and these aren't impossible to get at MSRP.
I can't seem to check store stock on the Best Buy website, as it insists the SNES Classic is just "Sold Out". Is there a special way to check it?

I'm not sure how everyone is saying this is easy.

All the stores near me sold out, Target's scumbag ass sold my store pick up and alll Targets were out.

I heard weird things about Best Buy but all Best Buy reps were claiming they out of inventory which was crap.  Just sucks to be in Central NJ.

See Nintendo, you can take all our money on the first day when you make a lot. Don't need to trickle them a few at a time.

They probably won't even get that.

I just went to ebay and the only systems with bids are at or below market value or slightly above.

Which is awesome. fuck the scalpers.
That's good news. I saw some that sold for $160 or so in the early afternoon, so I thought quite a bit could be made, but maybe not.

I can't seem to check store stock on the Best Buy website, as it insists the SNES Classic is just "Sold Out". Is there a special way to check it?
I just went here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-classic-edition/5919830.p?skuId=5919830

Underneath the images, it says "On Display at (city name)" and gives you the option to change the store. Some of the ones in nearby towns say "Not On Display" - I'm not 100% sure because it could just mean they're not on the floor, but I think the latter translates to "Out of Stock".

fuck the scalpers - scalp their scalps, man!
Might as well right! How dare they buy my toy before me! Scumbags.

Easiest launch though. Every store had lines, tickets and told people that if you run, they won't sell it to you. Very organized.

Yeah, I think this one will be easy-ish. Nintendo NYC was loaded and I picked up a second one from the Amazon trucks (as a gift for Xmas).

I just went here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-classic-edition/5919830.p?skuId=5919830

Underneath the images, it says "On Display at (city name)" and gives you the option to change the store. Some of the ones in nearby towns say "Not On Display" - I'm not 100% sure because it could just mean they're not on the floor, but I think the latter translates to "Out of Stock".
Pretty sure this thing isn't accurate. It shows my local store has in stock but I know they don't as they passed out all tickets this morning at 7am. A lot more people showed up than they had units.

Might as well right! How dare they buy my toy before me! Scumbags.
Well, it is pretty annoying, especially when these asshats use friends and family to suck up all the local inventory to make a quick profit when all I want is one measly console to actually, you know, play.

And maybe I’d be hypocritical were I out doing the same but even if given the chance, I wouldn’t pull that shit because I have a real job and I don’t feel the need to impede others from getting something because I want to profit off grey market chicanery.

Also, to be clear, I’m not talking about somebody coming across an extra console by happenstance and selling it on a whim. I’m specifically referring to the kind of shitstains who use bots, and employs others to go and drain inventory just so they can go and inflate the prices on Ebay.

The same pricks who hold on to the merchandise and then dump it later when they can’t sell it at a 200% mark-up.

Overall, scalping is a pretty shitty practice and for those of us who don’t have the time to spend hours searching for these things, their shady practices are incredibly aggravating so yes, I feel pretty good about denouncing them as a whole.

That said, I was able to get a SNES Classic today with minimal trouble and I hope everyone else can do the same over the next few weeks.

And hey, if you think scalpers are the salt of the earth, power to you. :)

Need some advice. My SNES classic was delivered from BestBuy (I pre-ordered) but it took a serious beating in shipment because they didn't use any protective padding in the box. The SNES box in crushed in on one corner and one entire side of the box is nearly torn off as a result. I checked the contents and there doesn't seem to be any damage. What are my options here? Normally I would exchange, but obviously that isn't an option here as they likely don't have the stock to replace it. I'm happy to have one but I'm pretty upset that it came damaged.

Need some advice. My SNES classic was delivered from BestBuy (I pre-ordered) but it took a serious beating in shipment because they didn't use any protective padding in the box. The SNES box in crushed in on one corner and one entire side of the box is nearly torn off as a result. I checked the contents and there doesn't seem to be any damage. What are my options here? Normally I would exchange, but obviously that isn't an option here as they likely don't have the stock to replace it. I'm happy to have one but I'm pretty upset that it came damaged.
I would recommend trying to contact a local district manager and explain your situation. There should be regular shipments for awhile if "N" wasn't blowing smoke, so a DM could possibly hold or sit one aside for you if he's willing to help out. No harm in trying right?

Call them and you may get a partial refund 20-30% back depending how persistent you are.

Pretty sure this thing isn't accurate. It shows my local store has in stock but I know they don't as they passed out all tickets this morning at 7am. A lot more people showed up than they had units.
Huh, that's interesting. I've seen mention of extra stock being kept "in the back", but I don't know how much of that is internet hearsay. For what it's worth Brickseek (https://brickseek.com/product/nintendo-nes-classic/61) is saying the Best Buy near me doesn't have stock, so I'm inclined to believe you.

And maybe I’d be hypocritical were I out doing the same but even if given the chance, I wouldn’t pull that shit because I have a real job and I don’t feel the need to impede others from getting something because I want to profit off grey market chicanery.
Mind you I somewhat agree with what you're saying but I see this a lot (has nothing to do with the rest of your statement) but what is a real job to people? Is it working for someone else, making money on the side (under the table workers), selling bought goods for a living (including Pawn Shops, Thrift Stores, eBay / Amazon sellers), all or just one of those?

Never understood what people think a job is. idk, to me it's just making consistent money. Maybe not the same pay each payment interval but just making money on a regular basis from a legal job.

So to sum things up,

319.gif

Well, it is pretty annoying, especially when these asshats use friends and family to suck up all the local inventory to make a quick profit when all I want is one measly console to actually, you know, play.

Also, to be clear, I’m not talking about somebody coming across an extra console by happenstance and selling it on a whim. I’m specifically referring to the kind of shitstains who use bots, and employs others to go and drain inventory just so they can go and inflate the prices on Ebay.

The same pricks who hold on to the merchandise and then dump it later when they can’t sell it at a 200% mark-up.

Overall, scalping is a pretty shitty practice and for those of us who don’t have the time to spend hours searching for these things, their shady practices are incredibly aggravating so yes, I feel pretty good about denouncing them as a whole.

That said, I was able to get a SNES Classic today with minimal trouble and I hope everyone else can do the same over the next few weeks.

And hey, if you think scalpers are the salt of the earth, power to you. :)
As an ebay seller true scalping is NOT worth it in the long run, scalping a hot item is not worth it most of the time, now the NES classic, buy it for $60 and sell it for $200-300 ok that may have been worth it. But your profit margin has to be incredibly high to justify the running around, waiting in line, driving to get one, multiple stores etc, now if you can get a preorder from an online store that delivers to your home for free all the power to you as you can avoid all those things but you still have to deal with scummy buyers and ebay fees which are extremely expensive these days. So basically if you bought an item for $60 you would want to sell the item for at least $120, honestly ideally you would want to sell that item for around $200 because you did pay $60 for it and over here its about $66 since there is 8.25% sales tax and the idea here is to turn a massive profit... because you have to make your cost back plus fees plus other expenses such as those mentioned above, shipping materials etc, and trust me it only works in very specific cases where you can go to a store, buy an item and actually turn enough of a profit using ebay to justify what you just did.

So yeah the NES classic is one of those few things... if you could even get your hands on one.

Also keep in mind you are competing with many many, other people trying to do the exact same thing you are. Just trust me its really not as easy as it sounds and there was only one instance where I was successful with buying an item at retail and selling it for a profit, and believe me it was an item no one would have ever thought to scalp, this was quite a few years ago and I didn't make nearly as much as I should have to justify what I was doing.

To be a successful ebay seller you have to really be buying items for pennies or getting them for free to make money on it these days (not talking about retail items here) since fees are very high, scammy buyers are everywhere and the costs that you don't even think of add up very quickly.

Sure it looks lucrative at first, but just trust me it really is not as profitable as you think it would be.

To be a successful ebay seller you have to really be buying items for pennies or getting them for free to make money on it these days (not talking about retail items here) since fees are very high, scammy buyers are everywhere and the costs that you don't even think of add up very quickly.

Sure it looks lucrative at first, but just trust me it really is not as profitable as you think it would be.
No use explaining that. I buy majority of my items for 90% off and sell it for below MSRP but immediately am told to get a "real job". I spend time sourcing stores, I package all my items, I ship them out, I make connections to maintain constant streams of inventory, work hours driving to stores and picking up items. Do I expect a trophy? No. It's a job just like any other.

The argument is you're "taking away from someone that wanted it". Really? That item sitting in the store for 2 years would have stayed in the store for another few years before being salvaged and destroyed. Instead a reseller found it (not randomly, thru work), put it on a marketplace that you can find it and sold it to you for less than you'd find it on your own or from any retailer. They put in the hours to find an item so you don't have to. Most people have the same resources as sellers but aren't willing to source for products, stalk price drops, keep track of inventory levels or spend the time to actually find the item.

Now I completely understand the hate for scalping items though (scalping being selling a product bought for or close to MSRP to be sold for above MSRP, reselling is just buying low and selling high). But I rather people not think that it's some easy get rich quick scheme. Those scalpers are working just as hard as anyone else to get those items which is why they have X amount while others wait until it's too late and complain that it isn't fair when they have the same resources as the next guy (scalper, reseller, random person in line) to get an item.

But I do understand that it's easier to paint someone you don't like in a bad light and ignore that they are working to make a living like anyone else, whether you think it's unethical or not.

The question is how many did you end up getting?
As much as you think I did to make you sleep at night.

Those scalpers are working just as hard as anyone else to get those items which is why they have X amount while others wait until it's too late and complain that it isn't fair when they have the same resources as the next guy (scalper, reseller, random person in line) to get an item.
Nah, Son. Day One shouldn't be "too late".

Nice try tho. I'm surprised you didn't throw in some sob tale about providing an "item" for some dying kid at only a 200% mark-up.

Nice try tho. I'm surprised you didn't throw in some sob tale about providing an "item" for some dying kid at only a 200% mark-up.
"Day One" has been too late for a long time now. The real Day One starts as soon as the first retailer puts something up for sale online, adapt if you want to play the game or check out. Not any other options at this point.

Think Geek shipped.  Walmart and Amazon no shipping yet.   I got one from the truck but it seems like amazon sent their whole stock to the trucks instead of fulfilling preorders.

It shouldn't. I agree. Nintendo and these companies should make more but distribution and manufacturing does not work like that. Just because you want 1 million of a product doesn't mean you'll have it with less than a year's notice.

And no need for a sob story. Like I said, it's easier to assume someone you hate is doing poorly or is "evil". Makes people sleep better at night for some reason.

"Day One" has been too late for a long time now. The real Day One starts as soon as the first retailer puts something up for sale online, adapt if you want to play the game or check out. Not any other options at this point.
ok but this went for sale online for a maximum of 20 minutes on a website that wouldn't respond and this was at 1am

people who want to buy a video game arent playing the "scalping game"

bread's done
Back