snes classic O F F I C I A L thread

It's because those Amazon orders are not real. That was readily apparent when someone on Neogaf ordered 99.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to set an Amazon page to Amazon.com as the seller if they're out of stock and there are many third-party sellers? I am preparing for Amazon to possibly list their actual stock at 1:30 pm est like they do with their exclusive amiibos.

I don't know what's more entertaining... the OPs misspellings or how foolish people are.

Lead poisoning ftw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot this was out today, and sure as fuck wasn't going to go out super early to get one, so it's good to know the stock is much better. I'll pick one up if it's available with minimal effort.

also RIP Twitter, again
Yeah - sounds like there's an awfully good chance I will see one when I happen to be at a store.

Lol at the pathetic scalpers. If I spot one, maybe i'll laugh or give him a nice kick in the pants on my out.

Lazily tried my target, best buy & GameStop, all 3 sold out. GameStop had 17 at their store. Ah well, hopefully they'll restock before too long. Stupid scalpers

Tried at Target about 30 mins after it opened. Apparently they handed out tickets before opening and I wasn't able to pick one up. Oh well, not sure why I'm buying into the hype so much. 

it was abolutely stunning how many gamestops i walked into that had snes classics available without a preorder.

and they only got 12. of all the places for people to wait why did they not go to gamestop. i went there after they were opened and right there, snes consoles. if any of you live near gamestops that dont get a lot of traffic, maybe call them up. worth a try

The lack of proper spelling in this thread makes me glad that I stayed in school

However, I had 2 EU ones ordered and another US for myself.  I ended up selling the EU ones for retail and didn't make any money because I am trying to be a good guy this year.  Hoping Santa brings me that PS PRO I have been wanting to get all year long.

Wow wtf, went for store pickup at Best Buy, there's still like 50 people waiting in line to get in the store... But it was already 2 hours since the store opened...

I was lucky enough to get a preorder at gamestop.  I walked in this morning and they were out of the ones not attached to preorders.  I hope you all have good luck finding one.

Went to my local target at 7:30 but they said they gave out vouchers at midnight. Went to Fry's and was number 8 if 16. I've heard mixed reviews for star fox 2 but can't wait to play it, and the rest of the games after that of course.

Meijer sold them at midnight last night, I got there at 10pm and I got the last ticket, 10 out of 10.  Went to GameStop this morning about 15 minutes before tehy opened and I was 9 out of 13.  Finally went to Best Buy where i had a store pickup for Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and was greeted by a wall of SNES Classics, lol.  They said they had 100 come in and had only sold about 30 an hour after opening.  

So the person in front on me got the last one at Walmart. Oh well, hopefully i can get one on the next  batch. Already found them on Let Go near me for $300. I don't want one that bad.

Amazon Treasure Truck showed up in Atlanta just now so i was able to pick one up. Thanks god because i wasn't trying to stand in a line for it.

walked into best buy at noon and got one, they had at least 10 more in stock

the 5 gamestops, 2 toys r us, 2 wal marts, 2 targets, and the other best buy within 20 minute drive were all sold out

A friend and I showed up about 5:45am, we were number 9 and 10, my target got more than 50. I am super happy i got one without much trouble. now hopefully when the nes classic comes back it will be the same, and we need Sega to do one of these too.
I believe AtGames did a Genesis one recently. Should be at Gamestop for $50.

Thanks to everyone posting that their Best Buy’s still had them in stock. Not sure how many were left in Greenville, SC (they were keeping them in the stock room), but I just scored one at 2:30 p.m. Wasn’t even going to bother thinking they were all gone but fellow CAGs posts encouraged me to check. Thanks!!!

One of my local Best Buys decided they were just going to say  fuck IT! and do whatever they wanted. They ignored and refused to follow what the advertisement on the website and email stated (pass out tickets at 7am) and said they were giving out tickets at 8AM and that you could not leave and come back and that you had to purchase by 11AM or forfeit the item to the next available buyer despite the tickets themselves stating that you had 3 hours.  When the employee delivered this message to the crowd he even came off as kind of an A-Hole about the whole thing. This is the second bad experience I've had with this store and will try avaoid going there from now on.  I tweeted @BestBuy about what they were doing.

A friend and I showed up about 5:45am, we were number 9 and 10, my target got more than 50. I am super happy i got one without much trouble. now hopefully when the nes classic comes back it will be the same, and we need Sega to do one of these too.
Sega genesis, sega portable, Atari, Colecovision.... these have been done in multiple iterations... and just sit on shelves... like someone said, you can find one at several stores for $50, gone $30 or less several times in the past too. Genesis even has a working cartridge slot.

Experience was not as bad as I thought it was going to be...Wal-Mart in Union City, GA had 30, and you could have walked in at midnight and purchased them. Target in Peachtree City had 48, abs again anybody showing up at 8AM could have gotten one. Then finally the treasure truck showed up at Cumberland Mall, they were flying out the truck..... Officially sold ouy a while ago.

Sega genesis, sega portable, Atari, Colecovision.... these have been done in multiple iterations... and just sit on shelves... like someone said, you can find one at several stores for $50, gone $30 or less several times in the past too. Genesis even has a working cartridge slot.
Have you played the genesis one? The resolution is so horrible and it does not scale. My friend and I bought one and returned it after an hour with both of us having headaches.

Stupid question but how do you get the dang thing to turn off? The reset button is hard to get to work but I can’t get the power button to work at all. I can, or course, unplug it. But is there a trick to using the buttons?

They only had 12 at the Fred Meyer near me and some went away sad. Said they're getting more in about a week. Walmart near me said they're not getting them till the 1st. That being said, I'm really happy with it! It rocks!

Stupid question but how do you get the dang thing to turn off? The reset button is hard to get to work but I can’t get the power button to work at all. I can, or course, unplug it. But is there a trick to using the buttons?
You are sliding them up or down right? If I remember, they are not buttons. I won't know for sure till later tonight.

You are sliding them up or down right? If I remember, they are not buttons. I won't know for sure till later tonight.
No. I told you it was a stupid question. Just realized you slide them up and down. The damn instructions use the word “press”. Sorry, but that is NOT pressing. Oh well, I know now.

No. I told you it was a stupid question. Just realized you slide them up and down. The damn instructions use the word “press”. Sorry, but that is NOT pressing. Oh well, I know now.
Ah well that's OK lol. It's been a long time since I used an official SNES and I just read about it recently.

If Brickseek shows Target got 40 right this minute, that's that mean there's still a chance?  My friends texting me and asking lol.  I told them you won't really know until you go there.

Just got mine from the treasure truck in nyc. There is a lot left, granted they are already tied to accounts but if any one is in the area slightly before 8 can’t hurt to stop by.

This isn't even worth the hassle of the refreshing for this little plastic box. What a shit company to make buying a product such a hassle. This is why I never and will never buy from Nintendo. I'm not sitting here for twenty minutes refreshing so I can give a company my money. Bunch of bums...
HAHAHAHAHA

Just got mine after many hours of waiting. This POS scalper was trying to cut in line saying, "I need to get to work in an hour". It was satisfying seeing him get a ticket for parking in the handicapped spot and losing his place in line.
Cool made up story. :roll:

it was abolutely stunning how many gamestops i walked into that had snes classics available without a preorder.

and they only got 12. of all the places for people to wait why did they not go to gamestop. i went there after they were opened and right there, snes consoles. if any of you live near gamestops that dont get a lot of traffic, maybe call them up. worth a try
Because Gamestop blows. They hold back inventory for bundles; they try to scam you by selling you extra shit you don't need.

So the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind is which sold better day one this year: a classic console from 1991 or a washed-out-attempt-at-more-portable-gaming console?

Restocks are going to be the determining factor whether these will be available for everyone or Nintendo made a bunch for launch and then cut back numbers. If restocks are plenty with many units each time, then Nintendo kept their word. To me, this was a pretty good launch on a high demand item. Major retailers seem to have gotten an average of 60 consoles per store and although some were left disappointed, I feel those were the ones who tried to walk in to stores at 9am to get one even though they knew or should have that these were going to sell quick. I'm just just happy to have gotten this out of the way so soon and so easily.

I've heard mixed reviews for star fox 2 but can't wait to play it, and the rest of the games after that of course.
I'm a HUGE fan of the first two original games(SF/SF64), and SF2 just wasn't that fun to me. SF Command from the DS is probably a much better version of SF2, as most of the ideas from there, resurfaced in Command.

Out of all the side SF side projects, Command is the only one I found even playable, and is sure the only other title I would rank among the first two. So even though it would rank 3rd, and not anywhere nears as good as the original games, I found it to be a solid "new" SF title. I would have enjoyed the ideas improved or taken further in a future title. But of course, I would rather have a standard on rail shooter, but "N" seems hell bent to make sure that never happens.

So I'm glad to see SF2 finally get a release, so everyone can try it, and form their own opinions. Plus, if it get's talked about enough, maybe "N" will give a new game it's proper due, but I won't be holding my breath for that. LOL

bread's done
Back